Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flacco hurt, Mallett to get reps

Started by TexHog188, July 27, 2017, 12:16:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

Quote from: root_hawg on July 30, 2017, 09:49:50 pm
How long is Flacco supposed to be out?  I thought it was like one pre season game.

Kap is free to express whatever he wants, he is not however free from the consequences of his freedom of speech.

I think there's a lot of people that don't get that. Freedom of speech isn't actually free. It's free in the sense that you are allowed to say whatever you want, but there is a cost that comes with it. Once you open that bag, everyone else is free to jump on you.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on July 30, 2017, 05:15:27 pm
I would think that's, certainly, true that they'd even look at CK. His optimum playing style is so different from Flacco that it doesn't make sense unless you truly believe your current backup cannot perform and anything is an improvement.
when Kaepernick makes the roster, at that point talk your milquetoast smack, until then, realize that Mallett makes more money than you do in 10 years, maybe 15....in other words, the kid could buy and sell you out of his front pocket
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hogtrough

Call him what you want, but a career backup QB takes skill. If he wasn't good enough, he would be out of the league. And I hate that he has a win over my Steelers.

twistitup

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on July 31, 2017, 11:03:40 am
1. He's not a kid.
2. He'll still need a Scantron.
3. He's been a horrid NFL QB.

As predicted.

Live with it.

He's rich bi---
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

zeke, the point is - he's in the NFL and has been for several years. He's not a superstar, instead he's a career backup. Some would say that is the best job in the world. No wear and tear on the body - practice for a living.

Can you not just be happy for him? It's obvious you hate him for one reason or another....or is it jealousy?

pigture perfect

Nobody hates a player to the level of Zeke's without a reason other than he's not good. Come on fess up. What did he do to you?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

twistitup

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 31, 2017, 04:35:19 pm
Nobody hates a player to the level of Zeke's without a reason other than he's not good. Come on fess up. What did he do to you?

Did Zeke refuse him a scantron in hopes he couldn't take the test?

Did Big M take his girl?

LZH

When you are the new guy and show up in Camp and immediately set yourself apart because you have the strongest arm by far, I'm sure a mindset hits about right then. I hope he takes to coaching and just plays football.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: threeNout on July 29, 2017, 06:03:21 am
wow, that's probably the most biased sports article I've ever seen.

"total meltdown" because he threw a towel?

no quotes from Mallett, and a suggestion written into the headline saying Mallett should be replaced by Kap? two days into camp?

stunned.  defintely seems like an coordinated agenda.

Yeah it's looking like the Ravens want to blow the whole season so they can get the number one pick next year. Ha ha.
Hogs up! Covid down!

MTBrookHog

Quote from: twistitup on July 31, 2017, 03:48:22 pm
zeke, the point is - he's in the NFL and has been for several years. He's not a superstar, instead he's a career backup. Some would say that is the best job in the world. No wear and tear on the body - practice for a living.

Can you not just be happy for him? It's obvious you hate him for one reason or another....or is it jealousy?
The point is this board was already picking out where his bust would be in Canton. I got flamed anytime I said Joe Ferguson is the best QB to come from the Razorbacks.

twistitup

Quote from: MTBrookHog on July 31, 2017, 06:02:28 pm
The point is this board was already picking out where his bust would be in Canton. I got flamed anytime I said Joe Ferguson is the best QB to come from the Razorbacks.

Link me to an old Mallett to Canton thread...

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on July 31, 2017, 04:39:34 pm
Did Zeke refuse him a scantron in hopes he couldn't take the test?

Did Big M take his girl?

I think Big M gave zeke's girl or wife the Big M and Zeke was jealous when he walked in.

hog.goblin

Who in the world would flame you for that?  It's not even close.  Joe has had the best NFL career of any former Hog (perhaps all others combined).

I would argue Tarvaris Jackson has had the 2nd best NFL career. 

It's been bleak, but then there are only so many QBs in the league.

RM has been a serviceable backup.  Something many great college QBs never accomplish.

hawganatic

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on July 31, 2017, 03:31:27 pm

He was drafted late -- as it should be -- and later traded for a six pack of lukewarm Pabst.  He, then, wholly flamed out at a QB starved organization before resurfacing as Flacco's caddy where they're looking to augment his presence as backup because he's bad.

Not sure how much football you actually watch, but third round isn't a late pick.  The Pats traded him because he was on the back end of his contract and they were going to lose him regardless.  Teams generally don't offer up a lot in a trade for a player in that position.

I have nothing for the 'flamed out" part.  That's kinda hard to argue with....

ATU HOG

Not sure why he's getting all the hate from hogs.  He help put the university into national contention and is having a good career in the NFL.  He's going into his 7th year so he must be doing something right to stay around.  I thought he would have been a starter by now... but that's not how the cards have fallen for him.  He still has a chance to do some good things career wise, worst comes to worst he's saved a lot of money being a backup.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on July 28, 2017, 06:51:55 am
Funny how people feel Kap should just go away because of the issues he raised. Not let's look at the problem because looking in the mirror makes me uncomfortable.  He's the anti-OJ didn't hurt or kill anyone.   I guess athlete's should just run and jump for our pleasure.

I've not heard a single solitary person, in Arkansas, or the entire world for that matter, even remotely pan the issues that Kapernick brings up. I don't read
KKK or skinhead racist newspapers, so there may actually be someone hiding that has. Certainly no one here at Hogville though. So nono Nino. Don't try to
guilt anyone into thinking it is wrong to dislike Kapernick for the manner in which he disgraced himself, by not only kneeling during our country's national
anthem, but then turning around and not even voting during the presidential election. Although the cause he brings up and supports are very worthy, his
utter stupidity in the way he went about it, is reason enough to believe that he's not smart enough to guide any football team as a quarterback.

Football is played for two reasons. The pleasure of the player.......and  the pleasure of the fans that watch the game. Period.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on August 01, 2017, 11:50:00 am
I've not heard a single solitary person, in Arkansas, or the entire world for that matter, even remotely pan the issues that Kapernick brings up. I don't read
KKK or skinhead racist newspapers, so there may actually be someone hiding that has. Certainly no one here at Hogville though. So nono Nino. Don't try to
guilt anyone into thinking it is wrong to dislike Kapernick for the manner in which he disgraced himself, by not only kneeling during our country's national
anthem, but then turning around and not even voting during the presidential election. Although the cause he brings up and supports are very worthy, his
utter stupidity in the way he went about it, is reason enough to believe that he's not smart enough to guide any football team as a quarterback.

Football is played for two reasons. The pleasure of the player.......and  the pleasure of the fans that watch the game. Period.

There are plenty that you may not have heard, but they're saying it.

bennyl08

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on August 01, 2017, 11:50:00 am

you clearly have never been to the politics forum here.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

twistitup

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 01, 2017, 12:14:26 pm
1.  I don't perceive reality as hate?  (i.e., he just hasn't been competent).
2.  Good career?  Only if Dan McGwire also had a "good" career.

To paraphrase a prior poster, Hog fans were already crafting this guy's Canton bust whereas -- in reality -- he is a bust if held to their expectation(s).

And they should just admit it.

And he stole your girl? What exactly happened between you and Big M?

Are you mad you live in KC and Mallett isn't a Chief?

He's been in the league for 6-7 years.....call him what you want, I call him successful.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on July 28, 2017, 06:51:55 am
Funny how people feel Kap should just go away because of the issues he raised. Not let's look at the problem because looking in the mirror makes me uncomfortable.  He's the anti-OJ didn't hurt or kill anyone.   I guess athlete's should just run and jump for our pleasure. 

Do you really think that people want CK to go away because of the issues he raised--or the way he went about it?  There's a BIG difference!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RME

August 01, 2017, 01:32:22 pm #120 Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:51:08 pm by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 01, 2017, 12:14:26 pm
1.  I don't perceive reality as hate?  (i.e., he just hasn't been competent).
2.  Good career?  Only if Dan McGwire also had a "good" career.

To paraphrase a prior poster, Hog fans were already crafting this guy's Canton bust whereas -- in reality -- he is a bust if held to their expectation(s).

And they should just admit it.

How many of your posts are about Mallett being a "bust" and that "you called it?"

1. Absolutely no one cares. No one texts their buddies and lets them know Zeke on Hogville "called it."
2. Your raging hard-on for Mallett's situation is a little alarming.
3. There've been a lot more NFL QBs who were expected to do way more than Mallett has, and wish they could've been around as long as he has.

Didn't you also say Hunter Henry's career would echo Matt Spaeth's? Henry had more yards and 2 fewer touchdowns in his rookie year than Spaeth had in his whole career. I think you're wrong about that one. Hell, I'll say that I "called it right from the jump."

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 21, 2016, 08:21:09 pm
Reply?

Try "decade long NFL career."

Henry will be fortunate to be Spaeth.

Oh yeah.

RME

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 01, 2017, 02:20:06 pm
1.  Not enough if you can't perceive it.
2.  Oh, please. he's just the most recent one canonized inaccurately.
3.  Mitch Mustain?

And Hunter Henry will be fortunate to be Matt Spaeth.  Give it time: you're begging to give Mallett >7 years...

Don't quit your day job, Nostradamus.

Dr. Starcs

threeNout

Back on topic, I just watched coach Harbaugh's PC today.

Get the strong sense they are worried about Flacco, a herniated disk in the back is tricky. It could well
be a long lingering injury. They are looking are many QBs, it may not be just to replace Mallett who got off to a slow start, but to add depth for the season.

Here are Mallett's comments on the QB situation:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ryan-Mallett-Focused-on-Improving-Not-Colin-Kaepernick-/139a356c-068f-4db7-acc6-4ef4dd399ec8

theFlyingHog

Have you compared stats for our QBs? Or are you just going to say Joe had a nice NFL career so he wins? He had 327 completions at Arkansas. 327. Woooowwww.

onebadrubi

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 01, 2017, 02:20:06 pm
1.  Not enough if you can't perceive it.
2.  Oh, please. he's just the most recent one canonized inaccurately.
3.  Mitch Mustain?

And Hunter Henry will be fortunate to be Matt Spaeth.  Give it time: you're begging to give Mallett >7 years...

You thinking Henry wont be a better than average TE in the NFL AFTER last year just shows how much of a moron you are and how much of a bias you have against hogs having a career after the hogs. 

You must just be jealous of guys that make it

hog.goblin

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 01, 2017, 08:10:27 pm
Have you compared stats for our QBs? Or are you just going to say Joe had a nice NFL career so he wins? He had 327 completions at Arkansas. 327. Woooowwww.

I assumed when he said "come from the Razorbacks" he meant pro career.  Joe wins that and its not close.

While a Razorback?  That's a different story, more difficult to answer since the Hogs were never really a passing team until Bobby Petrino was hired.  Well, expect for a few years when Joe was on the offensive coaching staff.

onebadrubi

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 06, 2017, 11:42:44 am
"Hunter Henry will be fortunate to have a career like Matt Spaeth." That's a true statement of him or anyone.

As for Ryan Mallett? He was just specifically called out by Richard Sherman as bad. Sure, that's just a player -- and one who can annoy -- but closer to truth than that he's good.

Sherman is showing his agenda and it's to stand up FOR Kap, nothing else.  Nobody is claiming Mallett as great here, no one has even tried that.  You just can't seem to give the guy credit for making an NFL career out of his life. 

HogsonHicks

Mallett is a former Razorback on an NFL roster for the last several years. It's good for him and good for us to have him there. It can only help with recruiting.

Anyone bashing him is an envious, short-sighted d-bag.

twistitup

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 06, 2017, 04:23:29 pm

Anyone claiming he has accomplished anything but shame is a shortsighted apologist.

Many qb's wash out in the first 3....he's still in the league = accomplishment

No need to be an apologist - facts are facts

He beats the average:
"Since 2008, players have been retiring earlier than in previous years. The quarterback position has seen the most change from about six years to 3 years and one month. The average career across all positions fell from 4.99 years to 2.66, according the Pro-Football-Reference data observed by the WSJ."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/01/nfl-careers-shortened-two-years-data-analysis

Tyro3

That's crap, he's helped nothing. ("Career?" Laughable. He's been run out of two organizations and a 3rd is actively seeking competent QB help.)

Anyone claiming he has accomplished anything but shame is a shortsighted apologist.

It must be painful to dislike someone that much, not sure what brings that on, did he do something to you?

onebadrubi

That's crap, he's helped nothing. ("Career?" Laughable. He's been run out of two organizations and a 3rd is actively seeking competent QB help.)

-Someone who is drafted in the NFL accomplishes a pretty big thing.
-Someone who stays in the NFL after their rookie contract accomplishes something
-Someone who stays in the NFL long enough to get the retirement and other great benefits, has CERTAINLY accomplished a lot. 

So, yet again, zeke, we make you look like a complete fool with your hatred for no reason.  No one is claiming mallett is going to canton.  But the guy is a razorback and is in the nfl.  Quit being such a [CENSORED].

hoglady

You've got to be a very good QB to stay on an NFL roster.
There are a ton of ex-college QB's who would love to be Mallett.

He's been in the league since 2011 / he's making 1.5 million per year / he's qualified for NFL retirement.
He's 29 years old.
That's pretty darn successful in my book.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

onebadrubi

Quote from: hoglady on August 06, 2017, 05:58:11 pm

He's been in the league since 2011 / he's making 1.5 million per year / he's qualified for NFL retirement.
He's 29 years old.

He's most likely accomplished more financial goals than Zeke will accomplish in his entire life, yet zeke said he's accomplished nothing . 

PonderinHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 06, 2017, 05:56:52 pm
-Someone who is drafted in the NFL accomplishes a pretty big thing.
-Someone who stays in the NFL after their rookie contract accomplishes something
-Someone who stays in the NFL long enough to get the retirement and other great benefits, has CERTAINLY accomplished a lot. 

So, yet again, zeke, we make you look like a complete fool with your hatred for no reason.  No one is claiming mallett is going to canton.  But the guy is a razorback and is in the nfl.  Quit being such a [CENSORED].
Zeke needs no help in making himself look like a fool.  He's mastered that skill all by himself.

seasonhog

Quote from: GuvHog on July 29, 2017, 10:47:04 am
The truth is the Head coach at Houston did not want Mallett in the first place  but his superiors overruled him and signed Mallet anyway. Being highly ticked off about being overruled, the HC never gave Mallett a fair shake and went behind his back to sign another QB to replace him. That HC should have been fired.

Finally a post.......from someone who know what he is talking about.

TomasPistola

Quote from: hoglady on August 06, 2017, 05:58:11 pm

He's 29 years old.

Not to mention at this point he's taken far less hits. Meaning his brain is intact and his body is in good shape. When he does retire he won't be feeling nearly as bad as many QB's. Make lots of money, NFL pension, can play ball with my kids? Winner.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Kevin

why can hog fans just not be happy for him.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hog.goblin on July 31, 2017, 08:06:54 pm
I would argue Tarvaris Jackson has had the 2nd best NFL career. 

Lamar McHan started 70 games until he was injured and beaten out by Bart Starr.

Tavaris Jackson started 34 games.

Can't really compare other stats between those two.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 06, 2017, 09:01:09 pm
Lamar McHan started 70 games until he was injured and beaten out by Bart Starr.

Tavaris Jackson started 34 games.

Can't really compare other stats between those two.

Can't argue with that.  But I'll admit I had to google him.

onebadrubi

RME

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 07, 2017, 02:52:35 pm
Because he can't play and keeps being an embarrassment?

If just the former were true and he spent his time being Damon Huard?  I'm cool with that.

But Mallett is the worst part of Jeff George and Jay Cutler without their moments of adequate performance.  And the Hog faithful just lap it up as he nationally implodes.

As a guess, Baltimore's leadership is soiling their shorts at the thought of having to put Mallett in an NFL game.  New England and Houston just wanted him G-O-N-E.  There's a pattern.

Once upon a time, Mallett said "hi" to Zeke's girlfriend and within 5 minutes she left him for Ryan. It makes too much sense now.

Dwillhog66

If just the former were true and he spent his time being Damon Huard?  I'm cool with that.

But Mallett is the worst part of Jeff George and Jay Cutler without their moments of adequate performance.  And the Hog faithful just lap it up as he nationally implodes.

As a guess, Baltimore's leadership is soiling their shorts at the thought of having to put Mallett in an NFL game.  New England and Houston just wanted him G-O-N-E.  There's a pattern.

I just can't understand your motivation for posting in every Mallet thread to tear the guy down. This is a Razorback fan message board and Mallet is a former hog, of course posters r going to hope for him to succeed here.
Your obsession with others to share your opinion of him isn't healthy for you. Give it a rest.
Go Mallet!! Hope he has an all pro season. I know it is highly unlikely but if he did there would be a psychiatrist in your area who would benefit financially in a big way.

lstewart

I don't really get the bashing Mallett. Of course there was a period I was hoping to see him get a chance to start, and hopefully win a long term starting job. I think we probably have seen enough at this point to feel he probably is a career back-up. That said, I think it is great he is getting paid to be on a NFL roster, and I always wish him the best. To be honest, his best scenario to stay in the league a few more years is to be behind an established starter, play well enough in practice to hold his job, and be a good citizen. I'm afraid that situations like now where the QB position at Baltimore may get unstable might actually hurt his chances of hanging around. We want him to start and succeed, but if he is not playing well, better chance of them making a move for someone else.

twistitup

I'm cool w the guy hanging out in the NFL, second or third string....still living HIS dream. It's not Zeke's dream, he's in KC - nowhere close to the NFL.

Zeke struggles to accept that Mallett has made it in the NFL longer than the average qb.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Kevin on August 06, 2017, 06:47:32 pm
why can hog fans just not be happy for him.
Hog fans are happy for him....Zeke is not. 

Kevin

I don't care about his pro career. Baltimore wants to pay him, then they can.

he had a heck of a career as a hog. so I support him.

has anyone said he was the next tom brady?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

that was 2011. good grief man, let it go

hoglady

I don't know what's embarrassing about being a back-up NFL QB making 1.5 million a year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

oldhawg

Quote from: hoglady on August 07, 2017, 04:49:44 pm
I don't know what's embarrassing about being a back-up NFL QB making 1.5 million a year.

Telling it like it is.  Go Hoglady.