Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

early 2005 football predictions and scores. whats yours?

Started by bigpigpimpin, March 09, 2005, 07:25:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

March 09, 2005, 07:25:06 pm Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 07:34:20 pm by bigpigpimpin
Arkansas 31   SMSU    0                           Herring debut is a success  8)
Arkansas 35   vandy   14                          vandy sucks                      :)
USC       35   Hogs     17                          We're not on their level, but hogs play hard  :(
Arkansas 28  Bama     24                          hogs are under shula's skin  ;D
Arkansas 42 la. Monroe 24                        ass reaming in da rock  :)
Arkansas 21 Auburn 17                            payback from 03 is a biotch  ;)
Georgia 28   hogs 13                               Again, We're not on their level, another road loss  :(
Arkansas 31  S. carolina 21                       Maybe our only chance to beat spurrier, Hogs remember they got dicked by cocks  ;D
Arkansas 28  ole miss 21                           same old piss  :)
Arkansas 35  miss. st 28                           Not same bulldogs. But its in the rock, hogs win       :)                     
lsu         28  Hogs 17                               Baton rouge blues, costs hogs west title  >:(

8-3 (6-2) 

Lsu wins west, loses sec championship game, goes to citrus bowl, sending hogs to dallas vs horns

Hogs 24 texass 21 finish 9-3                      Tuck fexas, hog fans outnumber horn fans again  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cajun Hog

You know and 8-3 season would most of the HDN haters, on here.  I will take it right know.  I think 7 & 4 with the other loss to Bama.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on March 09, 2005, 07:25:06 pm
Arkansas 31   SMSU    0                           Herring debut is a success  8)
Arkansas 35   vandy   14                          vandy sucks                      :)
USC       35   Hogs     17                          We're not on their level, but hogs play hard  :(
Arkansas 28  Bama     24                          hogs are under shula's skin  ;D
Arkansas 42 la. Monroe 24                        ass reaming in da rock  :)
Arkansas 21 Auburn 17                            payback from 03 is a biotch  ;)
Georgia 28   hogs 13                               Again, We're not on their level, another road loss  :(
Arkansas 31  S. carolina 21                       Maybe our only chance to beat spurrier, Hogs remember they got dicked by cocks  ;D
Arkansas 28  ole miss 21                           same old piss  :)
Arkansas 35  miss. st 28                           Not same bulldogs. But its in the rock, hogs win       :)                     
lsu         28  Hogs 17                               Baton rouge blues, costs hogs west title  >:(

8-3 (6-2) 

Lsu wins west, loses sec championship game, goes to citrus bowl, sending hogs to dallas vs horns

Hogs 24 texass 21 finish 9-3                      Tuck fexas, hog fans outnumber horn fans again  ;D ;D ;D ;D

there is so much wrong with this post.  I'll bet you $1000 right now that Hogs don't win more than 6.

hawkeyefan17

How can you make any informed predictions about this coming season when they haven't named a starting quarterback and you don't have any clue how the offense will actually look?

Porquemada

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on March 09, 2005, 08:29:56 pm
How can you make any informed predictions about this coming season when they haven't named a starting quarterback and you don't have any clue how the offense will actually look?
It's called Precognition. Look it up. :D

hogband6

Hope you're right.  I don't think I could stand another year without a postseason.

Boared

6-5 at best and 4-3 in conference play.

Wins: SMSU (all for cupcakes if it gets us to a bowl this year), ULM (still call them NLU as I grew up where LA Tech is located), Ole Miss (I can't take any crap from my Ole Miss buddy), MS State (they're still a little ways away but won't be a rent-a-win anymore), 'Bama (this is iffy, but we're on a 2-win streak), and Vandy (if we lose, Nutt should get the boot).

Losses: USC (blow-out and what Pac-10 wouldn't love to kill an SEC foe to prove they're not soft?), Auburn (unless they really have nothing coming back), GA (no way we'll win 'tween the hedges), LSU (their place--disaster), SC (Spurrier is superior).

FIRENUTZ

HOGS  24  SMSU 7                          W

HOGS  24  VANDY 13                      W

HOGS  0  USC 52                             L

HOGS  10  BAMA  17                        L

HOGS  34  ULM  13                          W

HOGS  14  AUBURN  13                    W

HOGS  13  GEORGIA  20                    L

HOGS  21  COCKS  20                       W

HOGS  35  OLE MISS  10                   W

HOGS  10  MISS ST  13                      L

HOGS  7  LSU  24                              L

6-5 is the best I can see it, right now.  I think they'll win all the one's their supposed to, except Miss St. and lose the games that come down to real coaching.  Nutt will have a new qb regardless of who it is he will break it down to one receiver routes to take pressure off of his young qb's, and will be easily covered.  He will still run the draw every long 3rd down attempt.  Maybe Herring will pull a rabbit out of his hat and get the defense, by mid-season, to make some teams punt and give us a chance.

NuttsSacked

Bama's going to stomp a mud-hole in us.  The Tide will win the SEC West next season.  THEY'RE BACK!!!

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on March 09, 2005, 08:49:39 pm
Nope, its called senseless optimism! ;D

No, seriously

I truly believe hogs can win those games regardless who is qb. which you know its gonna be johnson in the beginning. besides, when the hogs are successful they run the football, and since we have a helluva backfield.......I don't know, I just got a gut feelin that somehow nutt is goona manage to save his job.

I really think you are just being "sloptimistic"! ;D

Next year HDN has to go at least 7-4 to keep most fans and boosters happy.  That will require him to win all of the home games (it's about time and fortunately for him the home schedule is a lot kinder this year than it has been the last 2 years) and at least one road game.  Ole Miss is the only real possibility with BAMA a real distant 2nd, but you have to win at least 1 or 2 road SEC games if you are going to move up to the next level.  Otherwise we will be perputually stuck as a .500 SEC team with little hope of improvement.  It's DO or DIE next year for HDN.   

hawkeyefan17

I love Peyton Hillis but I think they'll have a tough time getting him carries.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Boared on March 09, 2005, 09:03:51 pm
6-5 at best and 4-3 in conference play.

Wins: SMSU (all for cupcakes if it gets us to a bowl this year), ULM (still call them NLU as I grew up where LA Tech is located), Ole Miss (I can't take any crap from my Ole Miss buddy), MS State (they're still a little ways away but won't be a rent-a-win anymore), 'Bama (this is iffy, but we're on a 2-win streak), and Vandy (if we lose, Nutt should get the boot).

Losses: USC (blow-out and what Pac-10 wouldn't love to kill an SEC foe to prove they're not soft?), Auburn (unless they really have nothing coming back), GA (no way we'll win 'tween the hedges), LSU (their place--disaster), SC (Spurrier is superior).

We always play 8 games in SEC play. Nice to see you really know what's going on.

The_Bionic_Pig

March 09, 2005, 10:35:58 pm #12 Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 10:42:21 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Arkansas 45   SMSU    3                           Arkansas QB's take turns handing off to Mcfadden & Hillis
Arkansas 35   vandy   7                            Vandy gives the Hogs 1st conference win                     
USC       24   Hogs     14                          Arkansas gives the Trojans early fits   
Arkansas 28  Bama     17                          Bama has improved but not by much 
Arkansas 53  la. Monroe 13                        Starters are pulled at Halftime 
Arkansas 21 Auburn 24                             HDN still can't solve Tiger's puzzle 
Arkansas 24   Georiga 14                           Georgia reloads after lose-ing 85% of its Offense & Defense 
Arkansas 31  S. carolina 21                        Revenge   
Arkansas 41  Ole miss 9                            Still no sign of Eli 
Arkansas 35  miss. st 14                           Herrings defense ranked #2 in the entire SEC                           
lsu         10  Hogs 7                                The Bengal Tigers end hopes of facing Tennessee in the SEC title

9-2 (7-1) 

They go on to face FSU in the Orange bowl and finally fall 17 - 7 and finish the season 10-3
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgfan_18

We always play 8 games in SEC play. Nice to see you really know what's going on.
Ouch Burn!

Macgyver_Hawg

This season has so many question marks (more than I've ever seen before).  How can I predict anything?

Boared

Ooh, sorry for that horrific, unforgivable mistake. Damn, what was I thinking? Am I worthy to post here anymore? Wow, I hope I can overcome this humiliating setback. 4-4 in conference play.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 09, 2005, 10:35:58 pm
Arkansas 45   SMSU    3                           Arkansas QB's take turns handing off to Mcfadden & Hillis
Arkansas 35   vandy   7                            Vandy gives the Hogs 1st conference win                     
USC       24   Hogs     14                          Arkansas gives the Trojans early fits   
Arkansas 28  Bama     17                          Bama has improved but not by much 
Arkansas 53  la. Monroe 13                        Starters are pulled at Halftime 
Arkansas 21 Auburn 24                             HDN still can't solve Tiger's puzzle 
Arkansas 24   Georiga 14                           Georgia reloads after lose-ing 85% of its Offense & Defense 
Arkansas 35  miss. st 14                           Herrings defense ranked #2 in the entire SEC                           
lsu         10  Hogs 7                                The Bengal Tigers end hopes of facing Tennessee in the SEC title

10-2 (7-1) 

They go on to face FSU in the Orange bowl and finally fall 17 - 7 and finish the season 10-3

What happened to that Auburn loss?  Did they have to forfeit for using an ineligible player after beating us 24-21?  :)

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on March 09, 2005, 10:41:24 pm

10-2 (7-1) 

What happened to that Auburn loss?  Did they have to forfeit for using an ineligible player after beating us 24-21?  :)

Changed my mind when I looked at what they had returning....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 09, 2005, 10:43:58 pm
Quote from: Anti-OtisII on March 09, 2005, 10:41:24 pm
Arkansas 45 SMSU 3 Arkansas QB's take turns handing off to Mcfadden & Hillis
Arkansas 35 vandy 7 Vandy gives the Hogs 1st conference win
USC 24 Hogs 14 Arkansas gives the Trojans early fits
Arkansas 28 Bama 17 Bama has improved but not by much
Arkansas 53 la. Monroe 13 Starters are pulled at Halftime
Arkansas 21 Auburn 24 HDN still can't solve Tiger's puzzle
Arkansas 24 Georiga 14 Georgia reloads after lose-ing 85% of its Offense & Defense
Arkansas 31 S. carolina 21 Revenge
Arkansas 41 Ole miss 9 Still no sign of Eli
Arkansas 35 miss. st 14 Herrings defense ranked #2 in the entire SEC
lsu 10 Hogs 7 The Bengal Tigers end hopes of facing Tennessee in the SEC title

10-2 (7-1)

What happened to that Auburn loss? Did they have to forfeit for using an ineligible player after beating us 24-21? :)

Changed my mind when I looked at what they had returning....

Well you might as well go ahead and edit again because the hogs will only play 12 games (not 10-3) unless they go to the SEC Championship.  But I do appreciate your positive thinking.  Wish I could share it.

The_Bionic_Pig

QuoteWell you might as well go ahead and edit again because the hogs will only play 12 games (not 10-3) unless they go to the SEC Championship.  But I do appreciate your positive thinking.  Wish I could share it.

:D I did a few minutes before you posted that... LMAO!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Amityvillehogger

Hopefully, this year it won't be the toilet bowl.... :-\
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Boared on March 09, 2005, 10:37:21 pm
Ooh, sorry for that horrific, unforgivable mistake. Damn, what was I thinking? Am I worthy to post here anymore? Wow, I hope I can overcome this humiliating setback. 4-4 in conference play.

Don't overreact.  If someone is enough of a fan to be posting on a board like this, you'd think they'd know the basics (such as # of conf. games played, who the head coach is,  what our record was last year, etc) like the back of their hands. Obviously, some post here just to see their own writings and know little to nothing about Hog sports.

Theolesnort

At least go through the spring and some of the fall drills to see what impact the frosh will have before picking winners and losers, much less the scores. But on a prayer and a dream at least 7 wins to keep his job. Then 9 or more the next. Is that unreasonable?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

texhog

I don't see much improvement being made over 2004. 
Wins - SMSU, Vandy, ULM, Ole Miss, Miss. St
Losses - USC, Bama, Auburn, UGa, USC, LSU

Also, watch out for Vandy because the Hogs will be looking ahead to USC and Vandy usually has a really good SEC game early in the year and can catch teams offguard.  No need to address USC - they will thrash the Hogs. No way we will steal another win in Tuscaloosa.  Auburn still has more talent coming back.  UGa - see comment above on USC. Even with possibly less talent, Spurrier will outcoach Nutt so drastically to pull off the win for USC.  LSU - not a chance in Death Valley.

No postseason again.  Nutt gets another 7 year extension because we had to deal with so much youth and inexperience.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Boared

Don't overreact. If someone is enough of a fan to be posting on a board like this, you'd think they'd know the basics (such as # of conf. games played, who the head coach is, what our record was last year, etc) like the back of their hands. Obviously, some post here just to see their own writings and know little to nothing about Hog sports.

I was being sarcastic in my response to your remark about knowing what I'm talking about. I made an honest mistake by miscounting when I posted, but not as a result just to see my own writings. I'm sorry that it upset you that much. Lighten up, chief.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Boared on March 10, 2005, 02:28:18 pm
Don't overreact. If someone is enough of a fan to be posting on a board like this, you'd think they'd know the basics (such as # of conf. games played, who the head coach is, what our record was last year, etc) like the back of their hands. Obviously, some post here just to see their own writings and know little to nothing about Hog sports.

I was being sarcastic in my response to your remark about knowing what I'm talking about. I made an honest mistake by miscounting when I posted, but not as a result just to see my own writings. I'm sorry that it upset you that much. Lighten up, chief.

Please, stop overreacting. And overacting.

Boared

Whatever, as far as I'm concerned it's over. No big.