Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The offense vs their defense

Started by jpsand, September 13, 2015, 07:52:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jpsand

I recorded the game yesterday and made myself watch it again because the thing that bothered me the most was inability to run the ball.  When we ran up the middle they had two or three people in the backfield that the runner had to miss just to get to the line of scrimmage.  If we went wide there were 4 to 6 players there to stop the play. We even ran a reverse that had two waiting to stop that.  It almost looked like they knew what the play was before we ran it.  The thing that I saw that made me wonder as to how to correct the situation was the fact that their defensive players were stunting everywhere.  I saw a play where the right end circled around and rushed in at the left tackle and as luck would have it we ran left tackle and was stuffed.  The more I watched the more I could see how the blocking could be messed up, but when you stunt like that you're weak somewhere.  Is their coach a good guesser or are we just the unluckiest team on the planet?  The last thing may also be that we need to take note of the results at the end of the year.  Their defensive line may be pretty good.  We were not winning the head up battles very often.