Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie Brewer in SI

Started by SiriusHog™, February 23, 2006, 04:23:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GBPackerFan

Quote from: mbgrulz on February 24, 2006, 08:59:04 am
Quote from: hogken on February 23, 2006, 08:31:27 pm
I think Modica has bigger play capability than Brewer!
okay, now we're just talking plain ignorant. modica is a 6-2 or 6-3 SG. he cant handle the ball and he is 4-6 inches smaller than the average SG in the NBA. i hated modica his 1st 3 years, i thought he was a cancer, but this year, he has changed my mind and he is doing it the right way. he has a decent jumpshot (that looks awesome compared to our other guys), but he wont be able to create in the NBA. i think he can play overseas, but not in the NBA. brewer will be a high 1st rounder, and i think we'll lose him this year.

Just to let y'all know, apparently Modica has already said that he is not planning on playing in the NBA.  That is just what I heard.  Also, Modica struggled his soph and junior year, but heballed out his freshman year.  How can you say he was a cancer back then?

PigKuneDo

February 24, 2006, 11:37:29 am #51 Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:40:15 am by PigKuneDo
Considering the broken elbow thing, you'd think the guy could have done enough research to know that... Then again, we are talking about the media... :)

And if they don't think he can rebound or play defense, he's never seen him play...

- Bert

pigture perfect

Sadly enough, not many UA alums perform well in the NBA. Most end up being journeymen at best. Sid did well, Big Nasty was a sixth man, Joe blew it when he didn"t stay with the Suns. I just don't see Lil' Ron being anything but a role player at the next level. I'm glad we have him now though!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GBPackerFan on February 24, 2006, 10:56:23 am
Quote from: mbgrulz on February 24, 2006, 08:59:04 am
Quote from: hogken on February 23, 2006, 08:31:27 pm
I think Modica has bigger play capability than Brewer!
okay, now we're just talking plain ignorant. modica is a 6-2 or 6-3 SG. he cant handle the ball and he is 4-6 inches smaller than the average SG in the NBA. i hated modica his 1st 3 years, i thought he was a cancer, but this year, he has changed my mind and he is doing it the right way. he has a decent jumpshot (that looks awesome compared to our other guys), but he wont be able to create in the NBA. i think he can play overseas, but not in the NBA. brewer will be a high 1st rounder, and i think we'll lose him this year.

Just to let y'all know, apparently Modica has already said that he is not planning on playing in the NBA.  That is just what I heard.  Also, Modica struggled his soph and junior year, but heballed out his freshman year.  How can you say he was a cancer back then?

Modica struggled his sophomore year?  Since when?  Wasn't he all-SEC?
[CENSORED]!

HOGLEG

Quote from: preachinpig on February 24, 2006, 01:10:05 pm
Sadly enough, not many UA alums perform well in the NBA. Most end up being journeymen at best. Sid did well, Big Nasty was a sixth man, Joe blew it when he didn"t stay with the Suns. I just don't see Lil' Ron being anything but a role player at the next level. I'm glad we have him now though!
Just curious... How is signing a $70 MILLION contract "blowing it" ??? I don't know JJ's average or anything. I hate watching the NBA. But I'm pretty sure he's averaging close to 20 points a game. So he plays for a bad team... So does Iverson, Steve Francis, Marburry, Ray Allen, etc., etc.. I wish I could "blow it" one day and sign a $70 million deal. ;D