Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JL in executive session now

Started by ballz2thewall, November 09, 2017, 09:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogaHog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:27:06 pm
That's what it sounds like to me. They are just going to allow his contract to expire in June.
I do not think we will get that far in time to see it expire.  I think an amicable parting of the relationship is being played out.  The Foundation will have a great say in the next HFBC along with its primary constituents.  No AD/Seach committee needed for this.  Have faith, think positive Razorbacks (supporters, loyal fans, alumni, former players).  Its all good and in motion.

GuvHog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 09, 2017, 12:32:00 pm
When would Long's contract be renewed? The board would not make that recommendation.

Wrong. The Board is responsible for approving contracts but they took no action on Long's. That probably means they are going to allow his current contract to expire in June.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Piggfoot

Quote from: hoglady on November 09, 2017, 12:12:36 pm
But if he really wanted to go TRUE Southern old school - it would be an RC Cola with peanuts.
You mean MOON PIE don't you.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:35:54 pm
Wrong. The Board is responsible for approving contracts but they took no action on Long's. That probably means they are going to allow his current contract to expire in June.

It's reported that they didn't even discuss Long or CBb's job. You're creating this in your head.

Piggfoot

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:35:54 pm
How do you know Long's contract was a topic of discussion?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

GuvHog

Quote from: BJJHog on November 09, 2017, 12:33:00 pm
I do not think we will get that far in time to see it expire.  I think an amicable parting of the relationship is being played out.  The Foundation will have a great say in the next HFBC along with its primary constituents.  No AD/Seach committee needed for this.  Have faith, think positive Razorbacks (supporters, loyal fans, alumni, former players).  Its all good and in motion.

I agree. An amicable agreement to part ways could be in the works between Long an the U of A.

ricepig

Quote from: bighog2255 on November 09, 2017, 12:19:40 pm
Tyler Thomason‏ @TyThomason · 1m minute ago 

BREAKING: UA Board reports no action taken on Bret Bielema, Jeff Long following executive session.

Merely a routine meeting, sounds like

It's my understanding both Steinmetz and Long brought Bud Light, BB.......well.....

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:39:06 pm
I agree. An amicable agreement to part ways could be in the works between Long an the U of A.

Or, just as likely, the BOT is happy with his overall performance as AD.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRyan

Quote from: porque on November 09, 2017, 12:13:38 pm
Its gotten much more difficult to get in to the U of A.  Their minimum requirements are not real high, but you also can not get in with the minimum.  U of A hands out much less in scholarship money to local kids for some reason.  They say that they are going to correct that. They haven't as of yet. My daughter already knows what she will get from Alabama.  We will not hear from Arkansas until next spring.  Alabama just tries harder for the good students.

A friend of ours had a 3.7 and 34 ACT.  Full ride from Alabama for engineering and he was offered 2k plus the lottery at Arkansas.  On the college message boards like college confidential Arkansas has a reputation of being very stingy with scholarship money.  High achieving in state kids should not have to go out of state to get a full ride.  Arkansas needs to be much more transparent with scholarships.  At most public schools in the region they will have a chart that shows what you get with a certain GPA and ACT score.  At Arkansas you have no idea what you are getting.  The loss of the 2nd tier Governor's scholarship has also hurt.  There are a lot of good in state students in that 27-31 ACT range that can't get any money at Arkansas so they go elsewhere. 

jgphillips3

Interesting.  No action actually seems more indicative of an interesting situation than action.  They could have had a confidence/no confidence vote but did not.  Reading tea leaves, a mutual agreement has either been reached or Long was handed information by the BOT on how they wish to see things go and all final action is tabled for now.  I would have expected a vote of confidence if all was well in Long's world.  That not happening is interesting and indicative of the current unrest.  Yes...pure speculation, but that's how I see it.

BoogaHog

Quote from: Karma on November 09, 2017, 12:32:07 pm
Me too.

Winners may not care who their immediate boss is.  They know that progress is rewarded and recognized by the end consumers to whom they deliver.  Although Higher Education institutions are infected with self-serving admins./structure and low quality in execution in delivery of great experience to their customers (students); that does not remain the case in SEC football.  The UA tolerates this a bit longer due to its rapid growth and issues surrounding and taking students for granted, but I think that is changing too with Dr. Steinmetz.  He is a compassionate, humble, genuine man, but he has always gotten results.  Still waters run deep.  Do not underestimated this man's desire to win more academically and athletically and financially.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 12:40:02 pm
It's my understanding both Steinmetz and Long brought Bud Light, BB.......well.....

The pit of misery?

colbs

Quote from: Wildhog on November 09, 2017, 12:29:31 pm
So the new coach won't know who his boss is going to be?  Seems odd to me.

Makes me worry they're going to give Bielema another year.
If they wait till after the season to fire Long then it puts Arkansas at an even bigger disadvantage when finding a new HC.

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 09, 2017, 12:37:25 pm
It’s reported that they didn’t even discuss Long or CBb’s job. You’re creating this in your head.

Where is that being reported?  Taking no action is not the same thing as not discussing.

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 12:23:48 pm
Is not renewing Long's contract a case of "taking no action"?

Depends on who you believe, some say he has a 5 year rollover contract, so.....

GuvHog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 09, 2017, 12:38:19 pm
How do you know Long's contract was a topic of discussion?

It has been well known for some time that a new contract for Jeff Long was in the works and the BOT was supposed to vote on it this week. Instead, they took no action.

Kevin

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 09, 2017, 12:41:15 pm
Interesting.  No action actually seems more indicative of an interesting situation than action.  They could have had a confidence/no confidence vote but did not.  Reading tea leaves, a mutual agreement has either been reached or Long was handed information by the BOT on how they wish to see things go and all final action is tabled for now.  I would have expected a vote of confidence if all was well in Long’s world.  That not happening is interesting and indicative of the current unrest.  Yes...pure speculation, but that’s how I see it.

agree. I believe the hogs are in a holding pattern. probably recommendation were given if it goes the way it looks like it will. 4-8, 1-7 in the league.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Sho Nuff

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 09, 2017, 12:41:13 pm
A friend of ours had a 3.7 and 34 ACT.  Full ride from Alabama for engineering and he was offered 2k plus the lottery at Arkansas.  On the college message boards like college confidential Arkansas has a reputation of being very stingy with scholarship money.  High achieving in state kids should not have to go out of state to get a full ride.  Arkansas needs to be much more transparent with scholarships.  At most public schools in the region they will have a chart that shows what you get with a certain GPA and ACT score.  At Arkansas you have no idea what you are getting.  The loss of the 2nd tier Governor's scholarship has also hurt.  There are a lot of good in state students in that 27-31 ACT range that can't get any money at Arkansas so they go elsewhere. 

My kids had 33 and a 34, and both had/have full rides, counting the Lottery scholarship.

GuvHog

It’s reported that they didn’t even discuss Long or CBb’s job. You’re creating this in your head.

That is not what is being reported. What's being reported is they took no action on Long or Bielema.

ricepig

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 09, 2017, 12:41:13 pm

I can tell you that is exactly right. My kid had a better gpa and the same act, and got the same offer from UofA. He did stay in state, and not only got a full ride, but he is getting 4K a semester stipend too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

snoblind

Quote from: BJJHog on November 09, 2017, 12:23:08 pm
"Fat, dumb, and lazy is no way to go through life, son."

Seems to have worked out OK for BB.

Razorbackers

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:43:10 pm
It has been well known for some time that a new contract for Jeff Long was in the works and the BOT was supposed to vote on it this week. Instead, they took no action.

Here's a classic for ya.

Citation needed.

Kevin

Quote from: snoblind on November 09, 2017, 12:49:33 pm
Seems to have worked out OK for BB.

was not that big when he got here
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

snoblind

Where?  I thought executive sessions were closed. 

hogblitz

I think Long went into the meeting concerned for his job.  I think he told the BOT his plans to replace BB.  Now, he is hoping that this is enough to save his own skin. 

PorkRyan

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 12:46:31 pm
My kids had 33 and a 34, and both had/have full rides, counting the Lottery scholarship.

Did they receive a Fellowship or the Governor's scholarship?   

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogblitz on November 09, 2017, 12:54:41 pm
I think Long went into the meeting concerned for his job.  I think he told the BOT his plans to replace BB.  Now, he is hoping that this is enough to save his own skin.

It's gotta be this. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 09, 2017, 12:49:52 pm
Here's a classic for ya.

Citation needed.

Try doing some reading. It's been discussed here on Hogville quite a bit the last few Months. Finebaum even spoke on his show about a new contract being in the works for Long and it was announced a few weeks back that the BOT was scheduled to vote on it this week. That vote did not happen.

Razorbackers

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:57:20 pm
Try doing some reading. It's been discussed here on Hogville quite a bit the last few Months. Finebaum even spoke on his show about a new contract being in the works for Long and it was announced a few weeks back that the BOT was scheduled to vote on it this week. That vote did not happen.

Link to the announcement?

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 09, 2017, 01:00:20 pm
Link to the announcement?

For cryin out loud man, where have you been?? It's been all over the board the last few weeks.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:06:18 pm
For cryin out loud man, where have you been?? It's been all over the board the last few weeks.

So it must have been true!!
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

younghog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:46:59 pm
That is not what is being reported. What's being reported is they took no action on Long or Bielema.

NO ITS REPORTED

THEY TOOK NO VOTE ON LONG
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 09, 2017, 12:54:54 pm
Did they receive a Fellowship or the Governor's scholarship?   

Nope, Chancellor's scholarship and a scholarship from their college. You had to have better to get a Fellowship.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:06:18 pm

Then post a link.  I've seen nothing saying a vote was supposed to take place.

factchecker

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 12:05:23 pm
Many schools go after high achieving students from out of state because they take so many soso students from in state. You ever look at the grade requirements to get a lottery scholarship in Ar? Not exactly high end students right there.

There is a reason why we have to recruit kids out of state.  Our public schools simply aren't preparing their students for college.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 09, 2017, 12:29:32 pm
Anyone hearing anything about financial issues and deceiving the board regarding the expansion? Or is that just far fetched rumor? Also any truth to the rumor of insurance fraud surrounding RWIII?
Can someone address this?!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

DeltaBoy

Public release was nothing was done.  Reality we don't know and they are not saying but just wait and see what happens between now and Jan 1, 2018.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 09, 2017, 01:14:45 pm
Then post a link.  I’ve seen nothing saying a vote was supposed to take place.

Then you haven't been paying attention. It was posted in the last couple of months by different posters (not me) that the vote on Jeff Long's new contract was to take place this week.

rhames

You all built this meeting, that was just a run of the mill BOT meeting, into something it never was.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rhames on November 09, 2017, 01:21:22 pm
You all built this meeting, that was just a run of the mill BOT meeting, into something it never was.
That's exactly what happened.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:20:12 pm
Then you haven't been paying attention.

You've got the IQ of a rotting tree stump.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:20:12 pm
Then you haven't been paying attention.

People were speculating and really just emphasizing the fact he wouldn't be fired today.

IE, it's more likely he will get a raise than get fired.

rhames

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 09, 2017, 01:22:03 pm
You've got the IQ of a rotting tree stump.

Don't talk about tree stumps that way.

younghog

Quote from: rhames on November 09, 2017, 01:21:22 pm

EXACTLY.. and they used their lunch clicking next on the mouse hoping for something that will not occur..
GO HOGS

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 10:17:39 am
Not if the story is about numbers fudging related to the stadium expansion.

If Long fudged numbers, then David Pryor was correct with his opposition, and Pryor is vindicated.

The next time someone such as David Pryor raises a concern(s), then people should heed such concern(s).

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on November 09, 2017, 01:22:23 pm

People were speculating and really just emphasizing the fact he wouldn't be fired today.

IE, it's more likely he will get a raise than get fired.

Wrong. They were supposed to vote on Long's new contract today but that vote did not happen.