Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Herbstreit owns Hog fan

Started by Peter Porker, December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 31, 2017, 05:53:30 pm
Well, Mississippi State was a dog to the great Petrino but they beat Louisville. Missouri was a fav but got beat by Texas. Kentucky was a big dog to NW but went for a 2 point conversion to win game instead of going to overtime but failed. And lastly WF was a favorite over A&M and won the game.

So, 3 dogs with one win, Miss State/Louisville and one favorite Missouri which lost.

Thank you. I appreciate the info.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

pigture perfect

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 05:50:26 pm
Battered wives syndrome. Bama has beat us so bad for so long you think they do it because they love us and hey, we can say we get smashed every by the best team in college football.
you post crazy stuff all the time, but this is really stupid.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 31, 2017, 05:55:29 pm
Do Hog fans really root for conference money? Is that a real thing, makes no sense. Hogs are in a P5 conference and as long as they dont get get out of being a Power program, they will make butt loads of cash until the end of time.  Believe the last 15 years of other SEC teams playing for national titles and us getting equal bowl revenue has proven to help us on the field in no way.
You don't like money ???  You root for whoever you want and I'll do the same.

Peter Porker

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 31, 2017, 06:01:08 pm
you post crazy stuff all the time, but this is really stupid.

Denial is a stage of it.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

There's really no good reason for Arkansas to want UGA or Bama to win the national championship.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:02:14 pm
Denial is a stage of it.

Oh my. You need to get out and unwind tonight.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:02:14 pm
Denial is a stage of it.
You better slow down on the sauce, you'll never see the ball drop.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Peter Porker

This is the result of Bama winning a title practically every year:

2017/10/14  Alabama    41  -  Arkansas    9 W                     
2016/10/08  Alabama    49  -  Arkansas   30 W                     
2015/10/10  Alabama    27  -  Arkansas   14 W                     
2014/10/11  Alabama    14  -  Arkansas   13 W                     
2013/10/19  Alabama    52  -  Arkansas    0 W                     
2012/09/15  Alabama    52  -  Arkansas    0 W                     
2011/09/24  Alabama    38  -  Arkansas   14 W                     
2010/09/25  Alabama    24  -  Arkansas   20 W                     
2009/09/26  Alabama    35  -  Arkansas    7 W                     
2008/09/20  Alabama    49  -  Arkansas   14 W                     
2007/09/15  Alabama    41  -  Arkansas   38 W 

But keep rooting for them..

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:07:08 pm

Okay, thanks.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:07:08 pm

One final question then I'll leave you to your keyboard...Please explain how my rooting for Bama while watching the National Championship game negatively impacted  the Hogs?

PonderinHog

(notOM)Rebel123

Peter Porker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 31, 2017, 06:09:31 pm
One final question then I'll leave you to your keyboard...Please explain how my rooting for Bama while watching the National Championship game negatively impacted  the Hogs?

What good does it do Arkansas for Bama to get the best players year in and year out?

farmhawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2017, 06:09:35 pm
Screw that!  Give him more rope!
Your better than that.....wait....never mind!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:18:15 pm
What good does it do Arkansas for Bama to get the best players year in and year out?
Yep, us rooting for a team will make a damn difference....good grief you are pitiful.
From theflyinghog

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:18:15 pm

If Bama doesn't win a national championship again this year, will that help Arkansas?

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 31, 2017, 03:35:20 pm
I like herbie, he apparently had an affair with some woman and when her husband found out he wasn’t even mad, dude was like good for her Herbies the man haha

Sounds like Herbie has a serious butt whippin due him. Her husband should have pistol whipped him, sued him and then dumped her. Should have made him even more famous than he is now.

Dark Helmet Hog

Peter Porker

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 31, 2017, 06:21:58 pm
If Bama doesn't win a national championship again this year, will that help Arkansas?

Eventually. They start losing they lose their luster. It's starting to happen. Need more momentum. Need Clemson to smoke em.

Peter Porker

Quote from: farmhawg on December 31, 2017, 06:20:10 pm
Yep, us rooting for a team will make a damn difference....good grief you are pitiful.

Why do you pull for them? So you can tell other fans that Arkansas is in the SEC? You think the country thinks Arkansas is any good because Bama won the national title? Lol you think folks think Kentucky and Vandy are football powerhouses because they're in the SEC? Lol you're special.

farmhawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:25:23 pm
Eventually. They start losing they lose their luster. It's starting to happen. Need more momentum. Need Clemson to smoke em.
Lol.....Pitiful thinking, you should stop now.
From theflyinghog

RebHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 31, 2017, 05:41:47 pm
Shhhhh.....some don't want to hear that.😉

But naw, it's only paid out based on semi final teams.

The past success of the SEC landed that TV deal which in turn brought us more money so in the long term yes it does. The SEC when considered the premiere conference makes the road easier to being ranked and getting to higher bowls. Think Alabama or Georgia will hurt in recruiting if the lose tomorrow...I seriously doubt that.

farmhawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:27:13 pm
Why do you pull for them? So you can tell other fans that Arkansas is in the SEC? You think the country thinks Arkansas is any good because Bama won the national title? Lol you think folks think Kentucky and Vandy are football powerhouses because they're in the SEC? Lol you're special.
Obviously not as special as you....
From theflyinghog

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 06:25:23 pm

You truly are delusional.  LOL.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 31, 2017, 03:35:20 pm
I like herbie, he apparently had an affair with some woman and when her husband found out he wasn't even mad, dude was like good for her Herbies the man haha
It wasn't me... It would be "Why did this guy kill Herbie?"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

latrops

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 03:25:17 pm
Yea, I'm not a fan of Bama and UGA and the rest of the SEC. I'm a fan of Arkansas. I don't pull for teams that beat us on the field and in the livingrooms.

Root for the SEC or don't....I don't care.  People can pull for who they want.  That said , Herbstreit makes a good point.  It just isn't a good look for fans of a team that just finished last in their division to gloat about how much better our conference is than theirs.  We can't claim much credit for conference strength right now.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Science Fiction Greg

AWESOME CALL THE BURN UNIT GET THE SLAMBULANCE ROLLING GUYS OHHHHH

<JIMROSSCOMMENTARY-KILLEDHIM.MP3>
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

kodiakisland

Quote from: farmhawg on December 31, 2017, 04:34:25 pm
Yep, if this had been poasted tomorrow it would qualify as the dumbest of the year. Today, just too many to compete with.....

farmhawg,
Is that a picture of a farmersonly.com gal on your truck?  If so, I want to hear more.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Hogarusa

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2017, 06:01:40 pm
You don't like money ???  You root for whoever you want and I'll do the same.

When Arkansas starts cutting the fans checks for how our conference does then i will start buying SEC gear. As a fan, money from bowl games is pretty low on the list on things to root for
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Kevin on December 31, 2017, 07:19:33 pm
Rooting against all sec teams

This. Sec doesn't give a crap about us. Screw em all.

tennesseehogwild

I can't stand any of the other 13 teams in the SEC, so I almost always hope they lose. Was the same way when we were in the SWC. LOL don't know why but I just hate em all.

PonderinHog

Hypothetical:  Texas, Ohio State, Alabama and Georgia are in the playoff.  Who ya rootin' for ???

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2017, 08:18:45 pm
Hypothetical:  Texas, Ohio State, Alabama and Georgia are in the playoff.  Who ya rootin' for ???

Isis  :)

LRRandy

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2017, 08:18:45 pm
easy. tOhio State. 😀
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: LRRandy on December 31, 2017, 08:40:49 pm
easy. tOhio State. 😀

I actually think Tom Herman might be more of a dbag than urb if that's even possible.

LRRandy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2017, 08:43:39 pm
I actually think Tom Herman might be more of a dbag than urb if that's even possible.
well if the coaching thing doesn't work out he showed the other night that he has the moves for dancing with the stars.
This is fun, isn't it.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm
and I totally agree with him. I hate how our fans ride the coattails of Bama, UGA,  etc.

Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) tweeted at 2:19 PM on Sun, Dec 31, 2017:
Actually looks like youre an Arkansas fan. When are they playing? Or do you just claim UGA, Bama, and Auburn as your own when your team doesn't go to a bowl game?? That must be nice to talk trash on behalf of those teams when you've moved onto Basketball season for the last month https://t.co/6I6QSogI39

You are typical on Hogville these days. No real Arkansas fan would love him bashing us.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 31, 2017, 05:45:08 pm
Only hog fans care about that ranking that happened 6-7 years ago. Kinda of like the National Championship over 45 years ago. It's just plain sad.

Why are you here? You know us hog fans are so stupid you should move on!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2017, 08:09:00 pm
This. Sec doesn't give a crap about us. Screw em all.

Agree and I will root for Georgia only because OU fans are the worst in the world. So pathetic.

UA1985

Herbstreit made a strawman argument. When talking about the relative strength of conferences, any fan of any team in that conference can (should) cite the performance of all teams in the  conference. But Kirk wanted to grandstand so he pivoted and conjured up the premise that the hog fan was latching on to Bama and UGA for bragging rights purposes.

farmhawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 31, 2017, 05:53:30 pm
Well, Mississippi State was a dog to the great Petrino but they beat Louisville. Missouri was a fav but got beat by Texas. Kentucky was a big dog to NW but went for a 2 point conversion to win game instead of going to overtime but failed. And lastly WF was a favorite over A&M and won the game.

So, 3 dogs with one win, Miss State/Louisville and one favorite Missouri which lost.
You are just mad that Bert was fired for being the worst coach ever.....
From theflyinghog

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: farmhawg on December 31, 2017, 09:19:24 pm
You are just mad that Bert was fired for being the worst coach ever.....

His posting history shows this to be true.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm
and I totally agree with him. I hate how our fans ride the coattails of Bama, UGA,  etc.

Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) tweeted at 2:19 PM on Sun, Dec 31, 2017:
Actually looks like youre an Arkansas fan. When are they playing? Or do you just claim UGA, Bama, and Auburn as your own when your team doesn't go to a bowl game?? That must be nice to talk trash on behalf of those teams when you've moved onto Basketball season for the last month https://t.co/6I6QSogI39
He's exactly right.

Peter Porker

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 31, 2017, 08:59:11 pm
You are typical on Hogville these days. No real Arkansas fan would love him bashing us.

No real Hog fan would ride the coattails of teams that destroy us.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 10:01:42 pm
No real Hog fan would ride the coattails of teams that destroy us.

Well, isn't it our place to stop them from destroying us?