Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dorian Gerald

Started by Brian Weaver, February 05, 2018, 08:46:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Quote from: Hogforlife on February 09, 2018, 11:50:12 am
I don't see where DG says it was him on Twitter. All I saw was Shhhh it's a secret. What I want know is, how will CCM set up everybody for a disappointment if DG does not sign with the Hogs.

So much wrong with this post

Hogforlife

Quote from: hogmolar on February 09, 2018, 10:59:33 am
CCM better hope he commits. If not he might have set everyone up for a big disappointment.

I was trying to get a answer for this. That's all.

colbs

That's what you have to wonder if they are just guessing or if there is some actual info there.  What are the Arkansas recruiting guys saying?

Hogforlife

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 12:08:30 pm
Given the guys we just signed, who we have on campus and the fact that this guy is THE #1 stunna from JC our defensive line will move close to the top of the SEC... That's right I said it. We would HAVE to be top 4, and in a conference of 14 that's close to the top.

+1

Mr. Porkleone

Is his announcement being streamed live

imtad16

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 12:12:18 pm
That's what you have to wonder if they are just guessing or if there is some actual info there.  What are the Arkansas recruiting guys saying?

RD said Dorian Gerald doesn't give anything away and other than him saying that I haven't really heard Arkansas recruiting guys say much recently. JC Shurburtt is a big pick for us. He is also from SC so until he flips his prediction to A&M I feel his prediction for us yesterday carries enough weight for me to have some hope that we could land Gerald.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:59:58 am
i beg to differ on devin white. i was absolutely correct. I said "IF he plays RB in college it will be at Arkansas".

You said White was coming..

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 13, 2015, 08:58:06 pm

what a crock of darn. i don't care what Chad Slime-ns says, that kid is coming to The Hill!

imtad16

A couple more picks to A&M, but Shurburtt and Kirk still predict to us. It looks like UF probably really is out of the picture because A&M is just gaining UF's predictions. They just keep dropping in prediction percentage. My hope is this is the end of the recruiting cycle and guys are making their final pick that to the best of the UF predictors knowledge it's not gonna be UF so they are going with their next best guesses which are going to A&M.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 09, 2018, 12:31:24 pm
You said White was coming..
that was a convo about him VISITING here, which he did. And, yeah, I thought we'd get him and I thought he wanted to be an RB, b/c he TOLD me that. Things change and he made the best decision he could have made.
nice try tho
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 12:48:02 pm
that was a convo about him VISITING here
nice try tho

Ohhhh Snap.!!! You just got CNN'd...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hogmolar on February 09, 2018, 10:59:33 am
CCM better hope he commits. If not he might have set everyone up for a big disappointment.

This is a stupid position to take. CCM is doing everything he can to get this kid.

Having that planned situation could have been the difference in getting him or not getting him.

If it was would you have wanted him not to go for it?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: imtad16 on February 09, 2018, 12:37:22 pm
A couple more picks to A&M, but Shurburtt and Kirk still predict to us. It looks like UF probably really is out of the picture because A&M is just gaining UF's predictions. They just keep dropping in prediction percentage. My hope is this is the end of the recruiting cycle and guys are making their final pick that to the best of the UF predictors knowledge it's not gonna be UF so they are going with their next best guesses which are going to A&M.
honestly JC's pick being for us weighs about the same as those other 5 dudes for aggie.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: imtad16 on February 09, 2018, 12:37:22 pm

Yeah, not looking good

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 09, 2018, 12:49:48 pm
This is a stupid position to take. CCM is doing everything he can to get this kid.

Having that planned situation could have been the difference in getting him or not getting him.

If it was would you have wanted him not to go for it?
these are the same poor pitiful arkiesaw guys that have their entire egos wrapped into a program they self-hate; it's weird. They REALLY get their hopes up about stuff and FREAK out if it doesnt happen. They are super sensitive. They never want optimistic predictions, only ones that are 100% guaranteed to happen, which isn't even a possible thing.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 09, 2018, 12:50:25 pm
Yeah, not looking good
50/50 for this guy IS looking good. we are going head-to-head with a heavyweight for a top 5 juco kid.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 12:48:32 pm
Ohhhh Snap.!!! You just got CNN'd...
is it bad that i REALLY enjoy the thought of folks wasting their time reading my posts from 3+ years ago b/c in their memories they put words in my mouth? lol

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 12:53:45 pm
is it bad that i REALLY enjoy the thought of folks wasting their time reading my posts from 3+ years ago b/c in their memories they put words in my mouth? lol
Will you make the PiTP guarantee that this kid is not coming to the UA? I would really like him to fill out the class.

CDBHawg

You said to do just that.

Just say it, you were wrong.

I'm sure there's more as well. If Gerald does call the hogs, I'm sure there will be no shortage of posts from you stating that you "told us poor pitiful arkiesaw fans you were right".

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on February 09, 2018, 12:56:52 pm
Will you make the PiTP guarantee that this kid is not coming to the UA? I would really like him to fill out the class.
cant. he's a fiddy fiddy apparently

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 09, 2018, 12:57:02 pm
You said to do just that.

Just say it, you were wrong.

I'm sure there's more as well. If Gerald does call the hogs, I'm sure there will be no shortage of posts from you stating that you "told us poor pitiful arkiesaw fans you were right".
you guys cant STAND anybody going big with their predictions, huh? Why am I not allowed to just want a kid and see his posts and think he'll be a Hog? It's a frikkin fan forum.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 01:06:35 pm
you guys cant STAND anybody going big with their predictions, huh? Why am I not allowed to just want a kid and see his posts and think he'll be a Hog? It's a frikkin fan forum.

Your predictions are more "all hog" "done deal" "he's coming", rather than an "I think".

Predict away though, and yes, it's a fan forum.

And I think we have a good shot at Gerald as well.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

LOL.. No, I just found it ironic that he ran up on you with a bunch of "Fake News"; given your left leaning tendencies. Maybe this will help you relate to 45 ;)
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Hogdomer

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 12:52:26 pm
50/50 for this guy IS looking good. we are going head-to-head with a heavyweight for a top 5 juco kid.

Texas A&M is a heavyweight?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 09, 2018, 01:28:00 pm
did you SEE what they did on signing day? As of two days ago, yeah, I think so. They beat everyone in head to head showdowns on signing day for 4* kids. Maybe Heavyweight is a lil premature, but, they are about to be perennial top 10 in recruiting, it appears.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 09, 2018, 01:28:00 pm

Lol the Aggies have been a sleeping giant since the birth of college football.  At some point the world needs to acknowledge that the giant isn't ever going to leave his mom's basement. 

navyhog24

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 02:05:43 pm
did you SEE what they did on signing day? As of two days ago, yeah, I think so. They beat everyone in head to head showdowns on signing day for 4* kids. Maybe Heavyweight is a lil premature, but, they are about to be perennial top 10 in recruiting, it appears.

They were getting top 10 classes with Sumlin and continued to "aggie gonna aggie". Nothing new.

GA reddiehog

Word over this way is that he will be an Aggie @ 8:00 eastern.  All the Aggie picks must have some weight to them.  It's not like we had him and are losing him.  Hogs will make do with what they have.  Everyone should remember how these things have turned out in the past.

Deep Shoat

Because you present it like it's a guarantee, then crawfish like a Bama DB when you are, once again, wrong.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HawgSZN

Quote from: imtad16 on February 08, 2018, 08:53:56 pm
He predicted today at 2:19 p.m. that combined with the call tonight is a good sign.

Well he just changed his CB prediction. Not a good sign for us
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

imtad16

Quote from: HawgSZN on February 09, 2018, 02:37:28 pm
Well he just changed his CB prediction. Not a good sign for us

I still show that he is picking Arkansas, but yeah there has been quite a bit of movement to A&M today.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Dorian-Gerald-at-College-of-the-Canyons-190676/CurrentExpertPredictions

https://247sports.com/User/JC%20Shurburtt/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2018&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Football

hogcam

Quote from: imtad16 on February 09, 2018, 02:39:35 pm
I still show that he is picking Arkansas, but yeah there has been quite a bit of movement to A&M today.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Dorian-Gerald-at-College-of-the-Canyons-190676/CurrentExpertPredictions

https://247sports.com/User/JC%20Shurburtt/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2018&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Football
He just switched it to A&M i believe

imtad16

Quote from: hogcam on February 09, 2018, 02:44:12 pm
He just switched it to A&M i believe

I'm not a 247 member so maybe it's delayed for non members.

colbs

Yeah now looks like Otis is the only one picking Arkansas.

Redhogs

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 02:46:39 pm
Yeah now looks like Otis is the only one picking Arkansas.
Awesome...NOT.   Feels like DGB all over again. The more things change , the more they stay the same. Down hill since the Harley went into the ditch.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hopeful Hog

Oh well. We got some ok kids, nothing to go crazy over but some decent depth if nothing else. The safety duo of Mason and Foucha might be something with some time and development, I love Woods passion but I hope he's a lot faster than the 4.7 that's being reported, the rest could develop into something who knows.

Quote from: Redhogs on February 09, 2018, 03:03:59 pm
Awesome...NOT.   Feels like DGB all over again. The more things change , the more they stay the same. Down hill since the Harley went into the ditch.
DGB happened before the harley went into the ditch.*

*or whatever actually happened to Petrino

Redhogs

Quote from: Karma on February 09, 2018, 03:10:33 pm
DGB happened before the harley went into the ditch.*

*or whatever actually happened to Petrino
I'm aware. Did not mean to imply the two were mutually exclusive.

Redhogs

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 12:12:18 pm
Does make you wonder what that freak show by CCM and the phone call stuff last night was all about.

imtad16

Quote from: Redhogs on February 09, 2018, 03:22:02 pm
Does make you wonder what that freak show by CCM and the phone call stuff last night was all about.

They probably had someone tell him give coach a call around this time which they knew would be during the event and wanted to give him a cool experience of our fans calling the hogs at a big event with him on the phone. I think it was just CCM being creative and continuing to try to get his signature.

Hopeful Hog

I don't know about calling it a freak show but I'll do wonder about the phone call.

colbs

Quote from: Redhogs on February 09, 2018, 03:03:59 pm
DGB was different because everyone was saying he was going to Arkansas.  Gerald was a long shot from the beginning.  The staff did a lot just to get him to visit.  A full year building relationships and more wins will help Arkansas get more of these recruits in the future.  Anytime you are competing against every SEC school you will lose more than you win. 

colbs

I think it was a great idea.  Arkansas needs a HC that thinks outside the box when recruiting.

imtad16

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 03:28:00 pm
I think it was a great idea.  Arkansas needs a HC that thinks outside the box when recruiting.

I agree.

Hopeful Hog

I think so too.

Hogforlife

True statement.

Pinto

If you really want to know I will tell you. It's because you don't make "predictions" but rather state that you are in the know about how something is going to turn out. (No need to cite references to this). Then, when you are right you claim like you had a leg up on everyone else because you are on the "inside." So when your guess doesn't turn out correct, people like to remind you of it more than most.

Since you wanted to know.

Sow Lancelot

Mods, can we get a new forum?

Shift all the pissin' matches over there.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

100% PITP is to blame if we lose out on this kid. The cheese was securely on the cracker and as soon as he started poppin bottles WHAM!! the cosmic tumblers of karma let loose. It's been a steady decline right from that point.

King Kong

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 03:26:36 pm
DGB was different because everyone was saying he was going to Arkansas.  Gerald was a long shot from the beginning.  The staff did a lot just to get him to visit.

This