Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone have a 1980 ticket stub from the Arkansas vs Tulane game?

Started by Lanny, June 30, 2016, 02:12:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

New poster TulaneOutlaw  collects Tulane bowl ticket games and missing the 1980 Hall of Fame Game.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Dr. Starcs

I can't help him.

But that's gotta be a small collection anyway doesn't it?

tulaneoutlaw

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 30, 2016, 02:21:10 pm
I can't help him.

But that's gotta be a small collection anyway doesn't it?

Yes it is much to my chagrin. 11 ticket stubs to be exact. I have 3 of the 11 but haven't been looking for long. Thanks for the response, though!

Dr. Starcs

EastexHawg

When I think of that game, two words come to mind...Gary Anderson.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 30, 2016, 02:30:55 pm

Are you saying Gary may have the tickets?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

tulaneoutlaw

Quote from: LSUFan on June 30, 2016, 05:03:57 pm
You're Welcome

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-HALL-OF-FAME-BOWL-game-TICKET-STUB-Arkansas-Tulane-/261344752405?hash=item3cd95c7315:g:144AAMXQWzNSnA1A

Yeah I've seen that ticket on there (and it's been there at least 2 years) but it's pretty pricey. Many stubs from that era sell for much less and I can't imagine stubs from that game are in high demand. I don't mind paying a fair price for one, but $85.00 is too steep imo. Thanks, though.

LSUFan

Quote from: southeasthog on June 30, 2016, 07:07:59 pm
$85 for a $12.50 ticket? Lanny doesn't allow scalping on this site. Face value only.
Is he going to go back in time and go to the game?

LSUFan

Quote from: tulaneoutlaw on June 30, 2016, 07:36:21 pm
Yeah I've seen that ticket on there (and it's been there at least 2 years) but it's pretty pricey. Many stubs from that era sell for much less and I can't imagine stubs from that game are in high demand. I don't mind paying a fair price for one, but $85.00 is too steep imo. Thanks, though.
Make him a best offer, if you can.

tulaneoutlaw

Quote from: LSUFan on June 30, 2016, 08:27:16 pm
Make him a best offer, if you can.

I did actually. They were willing to come down $10 on it...We were too far apart though I did leave the door open if they want to come down further. My guess is they aren't in a hurry to sell it. It's been on there two years and their other stubs are priced too high. For example they have a 1979 Liberty Bowl stub for $85 also. In the last 6 months, two other stubs from the exact game sold for ~$10.

LittlePigMan

Speaking of stubs, does anyone know what a 65 cotton bowl stub is worth? I also have the program.

tulaneoutlaw

Quote from: LittlePigMan on June 30, 2016, 09:19:27 pm
Speaking of stubs, does anyone know what a 65 cotton bowl stub is worth? I also have the program.

A program from that game sold in April for $49.99. No recent sales of a stub from that game, but Cotton bowl stubs from that decade have sold for ~$30. From what I can tell, condition is important.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 30, 2016, 02:30:55 pm

Surely you remember the outstanding performance by Al Hirt?
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

hogcard1964

Quote from: tulaneoutlaw on June 30, 2016, 07:36:21 pm

Did you attend that game?

tulaneoutlaw

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 01, 2016, 09:25:23 am
Did you attend that game?

Nope, I wasn't alive. Wouldn't be born for another 10 years. Were you there? I appreciate the stories even though it was a blowout loss for my side. As a college football fan in general it's still cool to hear about history

hogcard1964

Quote from: tulaneoutlaw on July 01, 2016, 09:29:22 am
Nope, I wasn't alive. Wouldn't be born for another 10 years. Were you there? I appreciate the stories even though it was a blowout loss for my side. As a college football fan in general it's still cool to hear about history

No, but that was the game (or season I believe) that prompted my family to get cable tv.  LOL

I lived in Cicero Illinois at the time of that game.

hogcard1964

What was the year Tulane played USC in bowl game?  What bowl game was that? ... The Sun?

hogcard1964

tulaneoutlaw

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 01, 2016, 10:00:07 am
What was the year Tulane played USC in bowl game?  What bowl game was that? ... The Sun?

We played USC in the 1932 Rose Bowl. I actually have a stub from that game. Those were better times, back when we were in the SEC and good enough to win the conference. Should never have left.

We played BYU in the 1998 Liberty Bowl and won, capping an undefeated season. Shaun King was the star of that team.