Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#ThrowbackThursday: 2004 Ole Miss Game Highlights

Started by Jborohog09, June 30, 2016, 09:32:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Throwback Thursday to the 35-3 blowout of the Black Bears during Matt Jones last game in Fayetteville.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV6N_R0rqLY

greenEGnHAWGS

Man...I forget how entertaining Matt Jones was to watch. Just an unbelievable talent.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

LRPig

SamBuckhart

I took my family to that one. DB comes up to tackle Jones and he woop woop to the end zone. Loved it. Wooo Pig.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Inhogswetrust

I sit in the SEZ outdoor club and when I saw he was going to dunk I thought "good thing nutty is the coach". Most coaches would have ripped him a new one.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tejano Jawg

Good video!...fun to revisit that one. I was there, sitting with my dad and brother in the South EZ.

This is funny...at the end of the 1st quarter, I figured I had some time, so I ran to the restroom. When I walked out only a minute later, there were TVs in the SEZ lobby area showing Matt Jones highlights (or so I thought). As I was standing there watching this one great run, I started hearing the crowd noise coming through the wall. Then the unfortunate truth occurred to me..."IS THAT GOING ON RIGHT NOW??"

Out of all Matt's many spectacular runs, he makes the longest one of his career right in front of me...and I miss it!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

The_Iceman

Quote from: GirlHog on June 30, 2016, 01:05:14 pm
Jones could have been great...SMH

Can you imagine him on a Bret Bielema team? Someone who could have harnesses his raw talent and put a disciplined system around him. Matt did thrive on improvising, but he got exposed against bigger teams when he gave up on plays way to early. Given, they were Nutt plays so I might have too.