Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best college football "entrances"

Started by bigpigpimpin, June 26, 2016, 03:24:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Just for fun, who has the best game intros? Football season getting close. Love it when it gets amped up before kickoff. So, who has the best?

JIHawg

Any school that marches in to "Enter Sandman".

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

k.c.hawg

June 26, 2016, 04:17:35 pm #4 Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:52:30 pm by k.c.hawg
I hate to admit it but when USCE first came in the league and they would do like 5 minutes of the theme to 2001. Space Odysee and the intensity kept getting higher and the crowd kept getting louder until they were in a frenzy.......I got goose bumps the first time I was there. Bad thing is I couldn't hide em and the Gamecock next to me kept looking at my arm yelling I told ya, I told ya. I was ashamed of myself and lack of discipline.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hamsam

Quote from: k.c.hawg on June 26, 2016, 04:17:35 pm
I hate to admit it but when USCE first came in the league and they would do like 5 minutes of the theme to 2001. Space Odysee and the intensity kept getting higher and the crowd kept getting louder until they were in a frenzy.......I got goose bumps the first time I was there. Bad thing is I couldn't hidE em and the Gamecock next to me kept looking at my arm yelling I told ya, I told ya. I was ashamed of myself and lack of discipline.

Don't be too hard on yourself... I had the same reaction. It is an awesome entrance... Too good for the cocks IMO.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Psychohog

I really liked it when the auburn war eagle flew his stupid self into the press box glass and knocked himself unconscious.
Never smarten up a chump.

ricepig

factchecker

I love our entrance:

https://twitter.com/ETurnerKSig/status/645455715830730752

https://vine.co/v/O56LPdEXjY9/embed/simple

Running Through The A

QuoteLoyd Phillips won the Outland Trophy more than three decades ago. The veteran of the 1964 national championship team, Phillips remembers it like it was yesterday.

"The butterflies are flowing and you are [running], but it doesn't feel like your feet are even touching the ground," the 1966 Outland winner recalls.

Two-time Doak Walker Award winner and two-time Heisman runner-up Darren McFadden agrees.
"It is hard to describe the feeling you get as a Razorback player right before you take the field for a game," McFadden said. "You can hear more than 70 thousand fans calling the Hogs and can feel the excitement building. I will always remember that special feeling of running through the ‘A'."

The Razorback Marching Band sets the stage by forming a huge "A" as they march the length of the field playing Arkansas Fight. When they finish, the "A" stretches from the Razorback locker room to midfield. To the roar of the crowd and the band blasting out Arkansas Fight, the current Razorbacks run onto the field through the "A," connecting them to generations of previous men in the Cardinal and White.

"Just to be able to run through that ‘A' and hear the fans cheer for you is unbelievable," 1989 All-American offensive tackle Jim Mabry said. "To sit in the stands now, I still get chill bumps every time the band starts playing and I see the guys running out."

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/running-through-the-a/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on June 26, 2016, 06:46:57 pm
I like Clemson's entrance
Howard's Rock and running down the hill is tough to beat.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

theFlyingHog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 26, 2016, 08:32:23 pm
Yep. Would love it even more if it wasn't interrupted by the A walk and petit jean ham commercials
Hey I saw some great deals on Lindsey properties. Can't remember where I saw that...

AirWarren

Miami had some great entrances back in the day.

jrw11475

Went to a game at Nebraska several years ago, they play music as the video board shows the players walking down the tunnel.  Pretty awesome, I was pumped and not even a Nebraska fan.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

010HogFan

I'm a fan of our overall gameday experience, but our entrance could really use some work. Something about the timing of the hog call/fight song/pig pen/intro video just don't mesh like they used to....I can't put my finger on it, but I know we could do better.

the best entrance I've seen us do was at Jerry's World this past year with Kanye West "Power" playing over the speakers...I know that's more of an A&M thing, but it was awesome and the whole crowd was into it, great atmosphere.

TexHog188

My daughters volleyball team uses sandman as an entrance. I guess that makes them awesome!
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

PonderinHog

Quote from: TexHog188 on June 27, 2016, 10:33:43 am
My daughters volleyball team uses sandman as an entrance. I guess that makes them awesome!
Beach volleyball ???

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 27, 2016, 10:26:09 am
I'm a fan of our overall gameday experience, but our entrance could really use some work. Something about the timing of the hog call/fight song/pig pen/intro video just don't mesh like they used to....I can't put my finger on it, but I know we could do better.

the best entrance I've seen us do was at Jerry's World this past year with Kanye West "Power" playing over the speakers...I know that's more of an A&M thing, but it was awesome and the whole crowd was into it, great atmosphere.

My favorite was when the video started in outer space and then zoomed in too right when the players ran out. Why they quit doing that is my question. The best thing they can do now is simply speed up the tempo of the fight song. They now play it too slow.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogShat

Quote from: AP85 on June 26, 2016, 09:04:33 pm
Miami had some great entrances back in the day.

I think they were talking about game entrances not entrances into nightclubs or prison systems...

Boog41

No one dislikes Tennessee more than I do, but their whole Vol Walk and field entrance is pretty neat.

hobhog

Agreed. Been saying for years that the Hog Call must come as the players are in the tunnel/pen and burst out right afterwards. As it is now it happens way too early and the video board presentation just doesn't work. Call the Hogs and let them run out.

The_Iceman

Totally agree. Something just feels off with the timing. A good entrance has good momentum that rises then peaks as the team enters. Our seems to be all over the place.

Maybe not for an entrance, but I wish they'd use the Hank Williams "Hog Wild" song more. They used to use it all the time, but it seems to have been replaced.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Boog41 on June 27, 2016, 01:30:57 pm
No one dislikes Tennessee more than I do, but their whole Vol Walk and field entrance is pretty neat.

I went to a Hog/Vol game a while back and I agree. Their pregame is very cool. Wish it had been a night game atmosphere tho.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 27, 2016, 11:00:03 am
My favorite was when the video started in outer space and then zoomed in too right when the players ran out. Why they quit doing that is my question. The best thing they can do now is simply speed up the tempo of the fight song. They now play it too slow.

And the band needs to play LOUDER!

U-A Filthy Pig

AC/DC - Razors Edge - Crowd changes words to Razorbacks

FANONTHEHILL

I also liked the opponent's helmets on the video board and the Razorbacks stomping and shattering it.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on June 27, 2016, 03:18:17 pm
I also liked the opponent's helmets on the video board and the Razorbacks stomping and shattering it.

Always liked that!

bennyl08

Nobody going to mention bringing in rampaging live buffalo up and down the field? Never seen it in person but it seems like it would be hard for that to not be a cool intro.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

GunnerHawg70

I have to admit that Virginia Tech has a pretty kicka$$ intro...check it out on YouTube...WPS!!! :razorback:

bennyl08

Probably the goofiest intro video I've ever had the pleasure of seeing, but what else would you expect from a team called the beavers?

damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Dr. Starcs

I still don't get why Colorado can run that buffalo out there, but we can't run TUSK out.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 27, 2016, 04:26:46 pm
I still don't get why Colorado can run that buffalo out there, but we can't run TUSK out.
I have been told that they tried to run Tusk with a harness and six handlers on the farm where he stays.  They told me that he went where he wanted and ended up dragging the handlers. He's the most tame of any of the live mascots we've had.  You can actually hand feed him.  With the others they wanted you to stay back for fear of losing a finger.

sowmonella

VT is the best. I also liked the zoom from space down to DDRRS and the helmet stomp.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on June 27, 2016, 03:34:35 pm
Nobody going to mention bringing in rampaging live buffalo up and down the field? Never seen it in person but it seems like it would be hard for that to not be a cool intro.

Yeah, that was really cool back when Colorado had a football program.  Sad it disappeared.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Laughing Hog

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

IronMountainHog

bennyl08

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 27, 2016, 05:14:50 pm
Yeah, that was really cool back when Colorado had a football program.  Sad it disappeared.

It is still there... In the same way that Vandy and Kentucky have a football program at least.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on June 27, 2016, 03:35:36 pm
I have to admit that Virginia Tech has a pretty kicka$$ intro...check it out on YouTube...WPS!!! :razorback:

I live near Blacksburg and have been to several VT home games and no lie...the stadium gets rocking when "Enter Sandman" starts. It's pretty cool.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

AirWarren

Quote from: HogShat on June 27, 2016, 11:59:16 am
I think they were talking about game entrances not entrances into nightclubs or prison systems...

More national titles.
Conference titles.
NFL players.

So who cares. Their entrance was great at the old orange bowl.

HognitiveDissonance

This was exactly what I was going to say.
I believe this started in 2002 for a few years.
It was like an outer space theme, but kinda like using Google Earth to zoom in from space to the stadium's exact location in Fayetteville, down to the player tunnel level. It was very cool. Also narrated by Pat Summerall which was a nice twist.

Haven't had anything that cool since then.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 27, 2016, 02:10:30 pm
Totally agree. Something just feels off with the timing. A good entrance has good momentum that rises then peaks as the team enters. Our seems to be all over the place.

Maybe not for an entrance, but I wish they'd use the Hank Williams "Hog Wild" song more. They used to use it all the time, but it seems to have been replaced.
They still use "Hogwild" some, but for post-game highlights on the PigScreen.

Mr. Porkleone

Love my Razorbacks. But

Virginia Tech with Enter Sandman is off the charts.

hogfan58

They need to show the players behind the fence jumping up and down, pushing against the fence...WANTING to get on the field. The fans would go crazy seeing that.

What they need to stop is after the band does their thing and gets the fans all worked up......

it all comes down with the stupid A walk. Do that crap BEFORE the band marches out and call it something else.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Inhogswetrust

June 28, 2016, 07:44:52 am #48 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:25:23 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: hogfan58 on June 28, 2016, 07:10:02 am
They need to show the players behind the fence jumping up and down, pushing against the fence...WANTING to get on the field. The fans would go crazy seeing that.

What they need to stop is after the band does their thing and gets the fans all worked up......

it all comes down with the stupid A walk. Do that crap BEFORE the band marches out and call it something else.

I understand why they do the A walk but I have an idea.
As soon as the the band marches the A when they get to the NEZ and are staring there do the A walk. THEN As soon as the A walk is over do the 2001 Space odyssey with the raising of the Arkansas flag in the middle of the field (like they do at the end of the third quarter).......as soon as it is over then start the space zoom in intro.

k.c.hawg

I really like what my Chiefs do. They go live to the locker room about 90 seconds before the players enter and have video and sound on the jumbotron's. They usually catch some of the coach's final words, the players getting themselves all jacked and then follow them down the tunnel until you see them gather at the tunnel. Team and coaches come out to explosions and fire and wait at the end of the line. Then on alternating games the offense or defense is introduced individually. I'll say this on a cold ass day 13 of these blasts heat the stadium for about 5 minutes and I sit on the opposite end.

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.