Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens 2016

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, June 23, 2016, 08:56:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I didn't even know this years issue was out until I saw them in Maumelle yesterday, so heres a heads up!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dr. Starcs

What is it $40, $50 now?

GuvHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2016, 11:19:55 am
What is it $40, $50 now?

$17 I think. It's more of a Book than a magazine.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

elksnort

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2016, 11:19:55 am
What is it $40, $50 now?
LOL!

My wife has bought it for me. I keep telling her I don't need it. It's quite expensive. Informative though about the high school kids.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on June 23, 2016, 04:10:51 pm
LOL!

My wife has bought it for me. I keep telling her I don't need it. It's quite expensive. Informative though about the high school kids.

If you buy ads for your team, lol.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 04:12:04 pm

As a kid, you couldn't wait for Dave Campbell's Arkansas Football magazine to come out.  It was the first sure sign that football season was approaching, and it was always great to read stuff about your high school in the back section of the magazine. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 04:12:04 pm
You aren't kidding. Sometimes you see a big school with very little information, then you will have some small Western Arkansas HS where the town is fired up and apparently buys adds.

elksnort

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 23, 2016, 04:16:14 pm
As a kid, you couldn't wait for Dave Campbell's Arkansas Football magazine to come out.  It was the first sure sign that football season was approaching, and it was always great to read stuff about your high school in the back section of the magazine. 
I grew up in South Florida. Coming back to Arkansas every summer for a week or so, I was always excited to find Dave Campbell's at the City Drug Store here in Jonesboro.

Justifiable Hogicide

Hooten's overpriced rag is no Dave Campbell's.

GuvHog

Dave Campbell's was the best for SWC write ups but his write ups for Arkansas High Schools were very limited. Hooten's does a better job in that area.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on June 23, 2016, 05:49:45 pm
Dave Campbell's was the best for SWC write ups but his write ups for Arkansas High Schools were very limited. Hooten's does a better job in that area.

I'm sure they do, but back in the late '70s it was super cool for a rising high school senior to see his name in the back of such a prestigious magazine, even if his team was picked next to last in the conference (yet ended up winning it).   8)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GuvHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 23, 2016, 05:53:23 pm
I'm sure they do, but back in the late '70s it was super cool for a rising high school senior to see his name in the back of such a prestigious magazine, even if his team was picked next to last in the conference (yet ended up winning it).   8)

Oh I 100% agree, that was a big deal back then.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 23, 2016, 04:16:14 pm

I still have my Dave Campbell's with Dickey Morton on the cover.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

SamBuckhart

Quote from: tusksincolorado on June 23, 2016, 06:24:30 pm
I still have my Dave Campbell's with Dickey Morton on the cover.
Me too.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Dave Campbell's was before my time unfortunately
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

AirWarren

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 23, 2016, 08:56:02 am
I didn't even know this years issue was out until I saw them in Maumelle yesterday, so heres a heads up!

Where at in Maumelle?

root_hawg

It was in Wal Mart last year, just look at the couple of HS I follow...