Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Singlemost concern

Started by welchog, June 22, 2016, 10:47:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

welchog

Not what our w/l record will be in 16.
Not what bowl game or opponent we will face.
Not how big or when the stadium will be built.
Not how many 4 or 5 star recruits we get.

No, what i think will impact us the most is who replaces Saban when he decides to hang it up.  Might even cause us a coaching search ourselves.  I think it will happen within the next 3 to 5 years.

ricepig

That's your single most concern? It's about 41st on my list......

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 10:51:33 am
That's your single most concern? It's about 41st on my list......

41st is still about three times to high for me.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

smb

Your concerns are unwarranted because CBB has said many times he wants to give this program something Alabama already has.
GeorgiaHOG

jusgtohogs

agree with INHT and RP, you control what you can control and work like crazy on everything else...

ChitownHawg

I'm with you guys that this isn't a concern of mine. And if he meant CBB may be his replacement, then I don't see that.  CBB is to smart for that. The coach who follows Saban will always under perform. Hard not to with the high bar he set.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 22, 2016, 10:57:53 am
I'm with you guys that this isn't a concern of mine. And if he meant CBB may be his replacement, then I don't see that.  CBB is to smart for that. The coach who follows Saban will always under perform. Hard not to with the high bar he set.

Exactly.........there isn old adage that says "don't be the one to follow a legend, be the one that follows the one that follows the legend."
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

factchecker

Dabo is the next guy for Bama.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

Quote from: welchog on June 22, 2016, 10:47:55 am

No, what i think will impact us the most is who replaces Saban when he decides to hang it up.  Might even cause us a coaching search ourselves.  I think it will happen within the next 3 to 5 years.
This literally made me laugh out loud.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Razorbackers

We may have just hit peak offseason.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: factchecker on June 22, 2016, 11:14:32 am

That would be a good choice. Maybe Urban?  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Seebs

Not what our w/l record will be in 16. - Our record will not be 14-0
Not what bowl game or opponent we will face. - We will not be in the Sugar Bowl playing Minnesota
Not how big or when the stadium will be built. It will not be smaller and not before 2018
Not how many 4 or 5 star recruits we get. We will not get 20 five stars and not get 20 four stars

No, what i think will impact us the most is who replaces Saban when he decides to hang it up.  Might even cause us a coaching search ourselves.  I think it will happen within the next 3 to 5 years. - We will miss Dan Enos when he takes his high-powered offense to Bama - I agree.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

factchecker

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 22, 2016, 11:19:38 am
That would be a good choice. Maybe Urban?  ;)

Urban's cardiologist suggested he stay away from coaching in the SEC.  Once or twice a year won't hurt but playing a full schedule could cause a relapse.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

welchog

Point is that the road to the sec championship  always runs through bama.  Who succeeds Saban will determine how difficult that road is to travel.

I am looking further down the road than next year.

East TN HAWG

Whoever follows Saban will last three or four years.  Bama fans are spoiled and after one loss they will want the coaches head on a platter.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorbackers on June 22, 2016, 11:18:41 am
We may have just hit peak offseason.

And the heat is getting to some!

rljjr

DLUXHOG

Quote from: welchog on June 22, 2016, 11:25:05 am
Point is that the road to the sec championship  always runs through bama.  Who succeeds Saban will determine how difficult that road is to travel.

I am looking further down the road than next year.

FYI, since 1992 the SEC championship game has involved:

in the West....
Alabama - 10 times
Auburn - 5 times
LSU - 4 times
Arkansas - 3 times
Mississippi State - 1 time

in the East....
Florida - 10 times
Tennessee - 5 times
Georgia - 5 times
Missouri - 2 times
South Carolina - 1 time
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Hoggish1

Sorry, but you'll have to flesh out your cryptic worries a bit more for your post to make any sense.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 22, 2016, 10:57:53 am

Exactly.  And if the OP IS thinking BB he's way off base since Saban being gone opens the door, sooner, to do what he said he wanted to do here.

Dr. Starcs

My biggest concern is August 1, when a certain "writer" on hogville is supposed to be back.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 22, 2016, 11:52:06 am
My biggest concern is August 1, when a certain "writer" on hogville is supposed to be back.

Delta hasn't slept since he announced that sabbatical.................

smb

I like this. I needed a good laugh today.
GeorgiaHOG

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on June 22, 2016, 11:37:33 am
Coke vs Pepsi

#1 concern, closely followed by

bigdaddyhawg

Paranoia will destroy ya, dum, da dum, da dum dum dum.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TUSKtimes

Quote from: DLUXHOG on June 22, 2016, 11:43:48 am
FYI, since 1992 the SEC championship game has involved:

in the West....
Alabama - 10 times
Auburn - 5 times
LSU - 4 times
Arkansas - 3 times
Mississippi State - 1 time

in the East....
Florida - 10 times
Tennessee - 5 times
Georgia - 5 times
Missouri - 2 times
South Carolina - 1 time

Florida - 11 times

Snortingred1

Might I add that there is a number of jobs in the SEC that were open for a few years there before he took the Arkansas job.  He could have thrown his name into the hat for both Auburn and Tennessee.  Both destinations he would have had an easier time reaching an SEC championship.  Both schools have recruited better than us for awhile.  He did say he wanted to coach for a program that has the support of the entire state.  So that might have eliminated Auburn as a possibility.  Still, Tennessee would have provided that "easier" route to the SEC crown.

TXArcher

Will we get a cold front on the dove opener.

Timing as it relates to college football coaches defines everything.  Who knows who will be the hot coach in 3 to 5 years?  The chances of anyone going to BAMA and having the success Saban has had is not likely.  He is a great coach who has also had all but 2 of the SEC west teams to get worse during his tenure.  Miss St. has gotten a bit better but they are still not much and OM has gotten better but that looks like it is over there too.  We have gotten worse, A&M worse, Aubbie about the same, LSU worse.  Part of all our getting worse is losing to BAMA every year.  I don't see BAMA wanting BB.  They will be looking for and may get a 10 to 12 win annually type coach.

Torqued pork

I'm out of Super Spook Jrs. and the bass are schooling.

jdelo77

Quote from: Seebs on June 22, 2016, 11:20:52 am
Not what our w/l record will be in 16. - Our record will not be 14-0
Not what bowl game or opponent we will face. - We will not be in the Sugar Bowl playing Minnesota
Not how big or when the stadium will be built. It will not be smaller and not before 2018
Not how many 4 or 5 star recruits we get. We will not get 20 five stars and not get 20 four stars

No, what i think will impact us the most is who replaces Saban when he decides to hang it up.  Might even cause us a coaching search ourselves.  I think it will happen within the next 3 to 5 years. - We will miss Dan Enos when he takes his high-powered offense to Bama - I agree.

Enos can't take a job in the SEC , per a non compete clause in his contract ...Georgia already came calling

ZERO

Quote from: factchecker on June 22, 2016, 11:14:32 am

This. Dabo was born for that job and is good enough for that job. If either of them refuses to see it, they're morons.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

longpig

Your singlemost concern is very disconcerting.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: Snortingred1 on June 22, 2016, 12:47:58 pm
Might I add that there is a number of jobs in the SEC that were open for a few years there before he took the Arkansas job.  He could have thrown his name into the hat for both Auburn and Tennessee.  Both destinations he would have had an easier time reaching an SEC championship.  Both schools have recruited better than us for awhile.  He did say he wanted to coach for a program that has the support of the entire state.  So that might have eliminated Auburn as a possibility.  Still, Tennessee would have provided that "easier" route to the SEC crown.

and preferred to work with Jeffrey.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Razorbackers

Quote from: rljjr on June 22, 2016, 11:37:33 am
Coke vs Pepsi

HOW IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION? PEPSI RUINED THE RAZORBACKS!

*WARNING: SHAMELESS PLUG INCOMING*

I have YEARS of evidence to support this statement. Pepsi conspired with the Aggies to get a foothold in the SEC.

http://razorbackers.com/2015/09/28/the-razorbacks-have-fallen-victim-to-an-age-old-bubbly-curse/

ChitownHawg

Quote from: factchecker on June 22, 2016, 11:21:50 am
Urban's cardiologist suggested he stay away from coaching in the SEC.  Once or twice a year won't hurt but playing a full schedule could cause a relapse.

If that is the case then Bama will need a SEC battle tested coach. Someone like Houston Dale Nutt. I chuckle just thinking if that were to happen.  ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbackers on June 22, 2016, 01:28:41 pm
HOW IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION? PEPSI RUINED THE RAZORBACKS!

*WARNING: SHAMELESS PLUG INCOMING*

I have YEARS of evidence to support this statement. Pepsi conspired with the Aggies to get a foothold in the SEC.

http://razorbackers.com/2015/09/28/the-razorbacks-have-fallen-victim-to-an-age-old-bubbly-curse/

And how much Coca Cola stock do you hold?  ;D

ricepig

I thought it read single malt concern.........

26.2Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 01:33:34 pm
I thought it read single malt concern.........

Finally, something in this thread I can relate to.

Razorbackers

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 22, 2016, 01:31:23 pm
And how much Coca Cola stock do you hold?  ;D

Stock? Who said anything about stock? You cookin or something? RUN!

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 22, 2016, 01:29:42 pm
If that is the case then Bama will need a SEC battle tested coach. Someone like Houston Dale Nutt. I chuckle just thinking if that were to happen. 
Of course Bama is not remotely that stupid. But ah what a dream scenario (and a nightmare for Bama) it would be, at least during the six game stretch until they fired him.

Pigsknuckles

HDN has proven he can do well with someone elses recruits...for one season.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: factchecker on June 22, 2016, 11:21:50 am

Shoot....my cardiologist probably thinks that just being a fan of an SEC school is dangerous. I have a stress test tomorrow, I'll ask.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jusgtohogs on June 22, 2016, 10:56:50 am
agree with INHT and RP, you control what you can control and work like crazy on everything else...

This explains why hogville gives a counter of how much time we have wasted on here.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Seebs

Quote from: jdelo77 on June 22, 2016, 12:59:44 pm
Enos can't take a job in the SEC , per a non compete clause in his contract ...Georgia already came calling

Ahhh - you are mistaken. He takes the Bama Head Coaching position,. Any of our coaches can leave for a  promotion to coordinator, etc. They cannot leave for the same position like Oline coach or Safety coach.

The fact you took the Enos statement seriously is concerning to me. You've been placed on a watch list
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Seebs on June 22, 2016, 04:24:52 pm
Ahhh - you are mistaken. He takes the Bama Head Coaching position,. Any of our coaches can leave for a  promotion to coordinator, etc. They cannot leave for the same position like Oline coach or Safety coach.

The fact you took the Enos statement seriously is concerning to me. You've been placed on a watch list

Correct, Enos can take a HC job anywhere he pleases. Not that this is a realistic concern in this context.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: 12247 on June 22, 2016, 12:50:44 pm
Timing as it relates to college football coaches defines everything.  Who knows who will be the hot coach in 3 to 5 years?  The chances of anyone going to BAMA and having the success Saban has had is not likely.  He is a great coach who has also had all but 2 of the SEC west teams to get worse during his tenure.  Miss St. has gotten a bit better but they are still not much and OM has gotten better but that looks like it is over there too.  We have gotten worse, A&M worse, Aubbie about the same, LSU worse.  Part of all our getting worse is losing to BAMA every year.  I don't see BAMA wanting BB.  They will be looking for and may get a 10 to 12 win annually type coach.
PWI- Posting While Intoxicated. We've all done it.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 22, 2016, 11:03:28 am
Exactly.........there isn old adage that says "don't be the one to follow a legend, be the one that follows the one that follows the legend."

If that is the case, watch out for Texas after they give Charlie his walking papers.
Go Hogs Go!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 23, 2016, 06:44:52 am
If that is the case, watch out for Texas after they give Charlie his walking papers.

And Auburn.  Man, just imagine the pressure of being the second one in line after Gene Chizik!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jdelo77

Quote from: Seebs on June 22, 2016, 04:24:52 pm

Right ...because I can read sarcasm through a computer monitor ...