17 (6%)
6-6
80 (28.5%)
5-7
16 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 281

Voting closed: June 16, 2016, 04:17:18 pm

TeufelHog

* Inexperienced QB behind a developing offensive-line . . .
* Tested, but still developing defense . . .
6-6 sounds about right with an added "lower tier" bowl win.  Remember, without 2 very "lucky" regular season OT wins we were at 5-7 last year with no bowl game.  Love to be wrong, but 6-6 is a realistic expectation this season.   

factchecker

Quote from: TeufelHog on June 14, 2016, 09:42:29 pm
* Inexperienced QB behind a developing offensive-line . . .
* Tested, but still developing defense . . .
6-6 sounds about right with an added "lower tier" bowl win.  Remember, without 2 very "lucky" regular season OT wins we were at 5-7 last year with no bowl game.  Love to be wrong, but 6-6 is a realistic expectation this season.

I don't know how you consider the 4OT win against Auburn lucky.  Nothing about that win was luck.

But if you want to play that game....  We were an unlucky OT loss to AnM, an unlucky blocked kick against Miss State, and an unlucky penalty on a punt return for a TD against Toledo from being 11-2.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HiggiePiggy

So pretty much the luck and un luck balanced out?  Kind of like every year just about.....
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

KlubhouseKonnected

It's entirely possible. Breaking in a new QB as well as a basically new (and thin) offensive line at the same time makes us hard to call. If we go 6-6 I will be disappointed but not upset. 7 wins? I am ok with it but not happy. 8 wins? I am very pleased. 9 wins? I'm ecstatic. More than 9 wins? I am starting g to worry that I am being punk edits or dreaming the whole thing.

Bear in mind I am always upset when we lose but I am trying to keep things in perspective. We could struggle finding rhythm on offense and if the injury bug hits the o-line (or possibly linebackers?) like it did our WR's and running backs last year we could have real issues. 

It appears I am taking the running backs for granted... I just realized this.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jkstock04

With all we have to replace on offense, yes absolutely. I think we are staring at 6 maybe 7 wins.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: HamSammich on June 14, 2016, 05:35:26 pm
But people like you need to understand some other people are winners and expect to root for winners. There is no room for mediocrity for me.

I wonder if you ever listen to yourself. You are the bad guy in pretty much every movie I've watched. "Winners like me only win, that's what we do and when we root for our football team, we only root when they win because we're winners. I'm a winner!  All I do is win!" 

I hope you don't have children.

Sorry man, if that's really you and you just didn't type it out well, you're a pretty big loser. Seriously, you couldn't have meant the whole "Winners root for winners", right?

LZH

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on June 14, 2016, 11:55:38 pm
I wonder if you ever listen to yourself. You are the bad guy in pretty much every movie I've watched. "Winners like me only win, that's what we do and when we root for our football team, we only root when they win because we're winners. I'm a winner!  All I do is win!" 

I hope you don't have children.

Sorry man, if that's really you and you just didn't type it out well, you're a pretty big loser. Seriously, you couldn't have meant the whole "Winners root for winners", right?

This board was slathered with sentiments exactly like his during the final stages of Nutt's tenure here. In fact, if you didn't have this attitude, you were a hugger.

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: LZH on June 15, 2016, 12:05:01 am
This board was slathered with sentiments exactly like his during the final stages of Nutt's tenure here. In fact, if you didn't have this attitude, you were a hugger.

I'm all for high standards and I feel like Bielema needs to improve on his 8-5 season this year, but the whole "I'm a winner and expect to win" is just rediculous. I was around for the Nutt stuff. It wasn't pretty. Bielema may not be the coach we need, but I'm going to expect he'll improve simply because he has so far every year and I personally don't believe 8-5 is a better season out of him. Personally, whatever we do this year will tell me what to expect on an average year. Up to now, he's been fixing a mess. It's his time to shine. Bielema's proven he's a winner already. This season won't change that even if it falls below my expectations. "I'm a winner and I expect winning" . . . Geeze. Who actually talks like that?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on June 15, 2016, 12:18:34 am
I'm all for high standards and I feel like Bielema needs to improve on his 8-5 season this year, but the whole "I'm a winner and expect to win" is just rediculous. I was around for the Nutt stuff. It wasn't pretty. Bielema may not be the coach we need, but I'm going to expect he'll improve simply because he has so far every year and I personally don't believe 8-5 is a better season out of him. Personally, whatever we do this year will tell me what to expect on an average year. Up to now, he's been fixing a mess. It's his time to shine. Bielema's proven he's a winner already. This season won't change that even if it falls below my expectations. "I'm a winner and I expect winning" . . . Geeze. Who actually talks like that?

I was not a big fan of CBB's hire. I decided to get behind him and I agree with the theory of football he subscribes to (playing/building from inside to out), additionally I like what I have seen since. However, wether or not that theory will be successful as applied to Arkansas remains to be seen but I don't expect it to be all "steps forward." Sometimes you end up having to take one step backward so that you can take two steps forward.

I see us having to persevere and stay the course sort of like Miss State has done the last many years with Mullen (no comment on whatever ethical missteps may have occurred). Build over time, develop redshirt depth and hope that depth lines up with a couple special skill players (and additionally hope to capatalize better than Miss State did this year. I think that is the realistic hope for Arkansas in the SEC as it exists today.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

KlubhouseKonnected

Thats ridiculous... If one man can do it... another can. I expect BB to WIN. And WIN NOW. Has absolutely nothing to do with petrino. If Jesus was our coach Id expect 10 wins year four or id want him fired. Nothing to do with petrino. Has everything to do with wanting to win and have the team I love on top.

I like CBB... I like his style. I like almost everything about his tenure (I question the assistant turnover) and I expect what he is doing will work. But people like you need to understand some other people are winners and expect to root for winners. There is no room for mediocrity for me.

I tend to think the above is a bit shortsighted.

LZH

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 15, 2016, 01:50:27 am
I tend to think the above is a bit shortsighted.

It is. But I understand the point. The days of Arkansas fans high-fiving each other over an 8-5 season should have ended after 2007. Folks like to say that Petrino proved a good coach can win at Arkansas, but hell even Nutt proved that years ago. He just always seemed to piss away two or three games a season and went 8-5 instead of 11-2 and everyone knew it.

If we get back into the mode of thinking that being average is ok because we happen to like our coach and treat him like he is our cousin, then we will get exactly what we deserve and have no business bitching about not seriously competing for an SECC. None. These guys aren't doing this for free, they're being paid ridiculous money and fully realize that they are expected to win. Well, except for Nutt on that last part.

And this has nothing to do with Bielema, not yet anyway. I, too, have changed my opinion of him quite a bit. If he goes 7-6 or even 6-7 this year I won't stroke out, but if it were to happen again next year then he'll be on the coaching hot seat page for a good reason. Personally, I really don't think that's going to happen. The one thing that stands out to me is none of his teams the last two years have really had the hell beat out of them regardless of who we play. That tells me that as long as he keeps recruiting and keeps hiring damn good coaches that we can compete with anyone 'On Any Given Saturday'. Can't say that about other coaches that we have had here.

But it still resonates with me that winning two thirds of your games is not a reason for a parade and fireworks. It is a good season, but not a great season. And anyone who thinks that it is the way Arkansas football is just going to be really personifies what an "average" fan is.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on June 15, 2016, 03:27:43 am
It is. But I understand the point. The days of Arkansas fans high-fiving each other over an 8-5 season should have ended after 2007. Folks like to say that Petrino proved a good coach can win at Arkansas, but hell even Nutt proved that years ago. He just always seemed to piss away two or three games a season and went 8-5 instead of 11-2 and everyone knew it.

If we get back into the mode of thinking that being average is ok because we happen to like our coach and treat him like he is our cousin, then we will get exactly what we deserve and have no business bitching about not seriously competing for an SECC. None. These guys aren't doing this for free, they're being paid ridiculous money and fully realize that they are expected to win. Well, except for Nutt on that last part.

And this has nothing to do with Bielema, not yet anyway. I, too, have changed my opinion of him quite a bit. If he goes 7-6 or even 6-7 this year I won't stroke out, but if it were to happen again next year then he'll be on the coaching hot seat page for a good reason. Personally, I really don't think that's going to happen. The one thing that stands out to me is none of his teams the last two years have really had the hell beat out of them regardless of who we play. That tells me that as long as he keeps recruiting and keeps hiring damn good coaches that we can compete with anyone 'On Any Given Saturday'. Can't say that about other coaches that we have had here.

But it still resonates with me that winning two thirds of your games is not a reason for a parade and fireworks. It is a good season, but not a great season. And anyone who thinks that it is the way Arkansas football is just going to be really personifies what an "average" fan is.

I agree with this. What I don't agree with is the notion that if we don't win at least 10 games, we are done with this Coach and it is time to move on to another Coach.

Now if we were Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, S. California, etc., I might agree because they are established, big time winners with all of the natural, built-in advantages that tend to go along with programs like that. But at Arkansas, over the last 25 years, we have had just 3 total seasons that we have won 10 or more games. What's that, a little over once every 8 years on average? Oh but being a realistic fan <sarcasm>, we're ready to fire Bielema if he doesn't hit that magic 10 win mark in 2016.

Come on, folks.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Terryproy on June 14, 2016, 04:15:36 pm
Do y'all agree with the 6-6 prediction ? I'm realistically saying 8-4.

I do not agree with 6-6. Until we see the team in pads in August I am keeping the wins at 10. I think 8 is the low end of the wins. I don't worry about the offensive line as some. Will they be as good as last year right out of the gate? No, but they dont have to be. TEs, RBs, and WRs can be a QBs best friends when the OL cannot hold the LS.  ;D

I think AA will be knocked around a bit, but we will win early while the line gels. Quick passes to TEs / WRs will slow the defenses down. TCU will be a barometer of our offense. If they score against that defense then we will be fine.

For now 8 to 10 wins.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Seebs

Thats ridiculous... If one man can do it... another can. I expect BB to WIN. And WIN NOW. Has absolutely nothing to do with petrino. If Jesus was our coach Id expect 10 wins year four or id want him fired. Nothing to do with petrino. Has everything to do with wanting to win and have the team I love on top.

I like CBB... I like his style. I like almost everything about his tenure (I question the assistant turnover) and I expect what he is doing will work. But people like you need to understand some other people are winners and expect to root for winners. There is no room for mediocrity for me.

Hey Great Santini - what is the name of the business you run?  I am making the assumption you run your own business, married the woman to end all women, Drive the gold package automobile and vacation in Belize.

But seeing as how you post on message boards like the rest of us, I can make the leap that you hold CBB to a standard you are not familiar with.  Just a hunch. Talk is very cheap.

Oh, and this poll left off the three most likely outcomes. Other than that it is a doozy.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

farmhawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on June 14, 2016, 11:46:23 pm
With all we have to replace on offense, yes absolutely. I think we are staring at 6 maybe 7 wins.
Year four, we should expect more at this point than 6-6.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

SRV

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2016, 04:20:17 pm
What experts? Most numbers from Vegas have us in the 7-7.5 range. My way too early prediction has been 8-4. I always reserve the right to change it depending on summer workouts/problems, August camp/injuries, and how our opponents handle the previous, too.
Agree, with the possibility of things coming together early and exceeding that expectation.

Woo pig!
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

SRV

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 15, 2016, 06:26:26 am
I agree with this. What I don't agree with is the notion that if we don't win at least 10 games, we are done with this Coach and it is time to move on to another Coach.

Now if we were Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, S. California, etc., I might agree because they are established, big time winners with all of the natural, built-in advantages that tend to go along with programs like that. But at Arkansas, over the last 25 years, we have had just 3 total seasons that we have won 10 or more games. What's that, a little over once every 8 years on average? Oh but being a realistic fan <sarcasm>, we're ready to fire Bielema if he doesn't hit that magic 10 win mark in 2016.

Come on, folks.
People don't like this kind of realistic approach.

Woo pig!
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

a0ashle

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 14, 2016, 09:16:51 pm
Sure wins? 
LTU, TS, and Alcorn

Above 50% chance?
Texas A&M, Auburn, and Missouri

50% chance?
TCU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, and Florida

Less than 50% chance?
Alabama

So 8-4 9-3 is what I see.  So I am expecting for this year to be no less than 7 wins.

I'd move Missouri into the sure win, MSST in the > 50% column. I am tempted to move LSU into the < 50% column because of how much they are returning, but they always seem to underperform against us.

buffaload

Until I see something compelling 6-6 seems about right.  I wish we had a quarterback that we could count on.  But, we could be a spoiler in the conference race.

I think BB will get us there (competitive in the conference) eventually but let's face it, this is a rebuilding year.

Hogwild

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on June 14, 2016, 04:58:51 pm
People like you need to stop expecting whoever our coach is have 10 and 11 wins in his third and fourth year just because Scumbag Petrino did.

I  don't think we will get to ten wins this year, and no CBB shouldn't be fired for it. 

But don't say just because Petrino did, so did all of our competition. Within the first four years, Saban, Gus, Miles, Freeze, and Sumlin all had 10 wins seasons.  Mullen had a nine win season, and reached 10 wins in year 6.

TNhawgfan

Had Collins and kirkland returned, i would say 9 wins. But too many ? on the line, rb, and qb for me to see us better than 7 wins. We better be improved on defense or I'll have little confidence in our DCs ability to get it done
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hawgsalot

Quote from: hogblitz on June 14, 2016, 04:53:12 pm
It's amazing to me that the fan base has returned to expectations like that of the Nutt years.  BP proved that you can win and win big at Arkansas.

He didn't ever have to play the SEC West like it is today.  It was pretty weak back then now you have ole miss, A&M, and even MSU that are or very easily in the top 25. 

Grizzlyfan

If there were ever a year we should over perform this is it.  Auburn and TA&M seem to be floundering.  We have one of the weakest sisters from the East in Missouri, and they are hurting because of the campus controversies.  Miss State should take a step back.  And I think the potential investigation and controversies surrounding Ole Miss will take a toll on them.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: hawgsalot on June 15, 2016, 09:26:31 am
He didn't ever have to play the SEC West like it is today.  It was pretty weak back then now you have ole miss, A&M, and even MSU that are or very easily in the top 25.
Yeah plus bama wasn't the juggernaut they now are. The power was in the east back then
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

AugustaHog

I see it anywhere from 6-9, with 7-8 wins being the most likely.  People are giving teams like Ole Miss, LSU, and UF a little too much credit and TAMU WAY too much credit.  They will all be good teams, but they are beatable.  I suspect we will knock off one or two of those and probably lose one we shouldn't. 
I figure it this way:
-La Tech-W
-@TCU-L, but could go either way
-Tex St.-W
-TAMU-W
-Alcorn St.-W
-Bama-L
-Ole Miss-L
-@Auburn-W
-UF-L
-LSU-L
-@MSU-W
-@Mizzou-W
That scenario gets us to 7 wins with the TCU, TAMU, Ole Miss, Auburn (they have been tough for us since CBB has been here), UF, LSU, and MSU (see AU reasoning) being games that could go the other way as well.  It is probably more likely that we lose one of those road games and pull off a big upset at home, this just outlines what is likely IMO.  The only locks for me are Ws over the non-conf teams, other than TCU, and Mizzou.  I also am locking in Bama as a L just because we have shown no ability to get that monkey off our backs (hoping this is our year though!).  That leaves us with 7 well-matched games that could swing either way and change our season drastically for the good or bad.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: go hogues on June 14, 2016, 08:29:05 pm
Didn't say they didn't.

But we have more than all but maybe MSU.

From the list below, name me more than five sure wins? I think we beat LTU, TS, ALCORN, MSU, MIZZOU. If we get a sixth, I say the it's either TCU or Auburn.

LTU
@TCU
TS
@A$M
ALCORN
ALABAMA
OLE PISS
@AUBURN
FLORIDA
LSU
@MSU
@MIZZOU

You have down what I consider "should" or "must" win games. Then there are several we "can" win. Get all the musts and a few of the cans and we have a nice little season.

The problem, as we saw last season, is when those should/must wins result in an L. For instance if we were playing Mizzou in game two or three I'd feel about as locked as ever for a conference game, BUT by the end of the season they may have grown a quarter back and resulting momentum so who knows?

ARtillahog

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2016, 06:29:09 pm
Y'all are real hard on Uncle Terry.........

I was thinking the same thing.  I almost told Terry to "RUN!" when he first posted on here.  I sure hope he doesn't hang around here when the season starts or if Devwah has a bad game...

Wildhog

Y'all remember Uncle Buck posting here?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: LZH on June 15, 2016, 03:27:43 am

I don't want to settle for being middle of the pack but I also don't want to be unreasonable. The program shift from what it was under BP to what CBB wants it to be is a project. Few projects are without at least minor setbacks and I never expected this project to result in a relatively swift transformation.

That being said you and I are on the same page.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 15, 2016, 10:10:36 am
Y'all remember Uncle Buck posting here?

Yep, lol. He worked somewhere here in Jonesboro, I remember seeing his ride. I can't think of the license plate, but I was thinking, I might change that, lol.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: a0ashle on June 15, 2016, 08:32:28 am
I'd move Missouri into the sure win, MSST in the > 50% column. I am tempted to move LSU into the < 50% column because of how much they are returning, but they always seem to underperform against us.

As I said in an earlier post I'd be with you on Mizzou if we weren't playing them last. It's a counting chickens situation with them because they could spend all season developing coming into what could likely be their "bowl game" against us.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ARtillahog on June 15, 2016, 10:09:47 am
I was thinking the same thing.  I almost told Terry to "RUN!" when he first posted on here.  I sure hope he doesn't hang around here when the season starts or if Devwah has a bad game...

Sadly you HAVE to hope that he is savvy enough to realize that every fan base has its fair share of jerks and that those jerks seem to be online at a disproportionately high rate.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: go hogues on June 14, 2016, 08:29:05 pm
Didn't say they didn't.

But we have more than all but maybe MSU.

From the list below, name me more than five sure wins? I think we beat LTU, TS, ALCORN, MSU, MIZZOU. If we get a sixth, I say the it's either TCU or Auburn.

LTU
@TCU
TS
@A$M
ALCORN
ALABAMA
OLE PISS
@AUBURN
FLORIDA
LSU
@MSU
@MIZZOU

That's the thing about sports that a lot of people don't understand.............there is NO such thing as a sure win or a sure defeat. Otherwise WHY play the game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

a0ashle

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 15, 2016, 10:18:31 am
As I said in an earlier post I'd be with you on Mizzou if we weren't playing them last. It's a counting chickens situation with them because they could spend all season developing coming into what could likely be their "bowl game" against us.

It is a fool's errand to do any of this prognosticating, not just now, but even early in the season. Seasons are short for the fans, but long in football years.If last year taught us anything it was game 1 has very little impact on game 4, game 8 and game 12. That said if I am going play the game, I am not going to try to guess how the other teams will ebb and flow. Right now Missouri has even less then last year and nothing coming in.

Razorbackers

Last year, people vastly underestimated what losing 5 starters (4 of them to the NFL draft) would do to our defense.

This year, people are vastly underestimating what losing 6 starters (5 of them to the NFL draft) is going to do to our offense.

We're not "rebuilding" this year, but we're going to take a step back in production. 2017 should be a really good team imo.

2015 was supposed to be until injuries blew us up and we choked against Toledo. Still finished 8-5 with a 5-3 conference record.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: AugustaHog on June 15, 2016, 09:36:29 am
I see it anywhere from 6-9, with 7-8 wins being the most likely.  People are giving teams like Ole Miss, LSU, and UF a little too much credit and TAMU WAY too much credit.  They will all be good teams, but they are beatable.  I suspect we will knock off one or two of those and probably lose one we shouldn't. 
I figure it this way:
-La Tech-W
-@TCU-L, but could go either way
-Tex St.-W
-TAMU-W
-Alcorn St.-W
-Bama-L
-Ole Miss-L
-@Auburn-W
-UF-L
-LSU-L
-@MSU-W
-@Mizzou-W
That scenario gets us to 7 wins with the TCU, TAMU, Ole Miss, Auburn (they have been tough for us since CBB has been here), UF, LSU, and MSU (see AU reasoning) being games that could go the other way as well.  It is probably more likely that we lose one of those road games and pull off a big upset at home, this just outlines what is likely IMO.  The only locks for me are Ws over the non-conf teams, other than TCU, and Mizzou.  I also am locking in Bama as a L just because we have shown no ability to get that monkey off our backs (hoping this is our year though!).  That leaves us with 7 well-matched games that could swing either way and change our season drastically for the good or bad.
I agree with this other than LSU is a W for me.  TCU will determine how we fare against some of the other opponents.  The momentum coming out of that game will be big if we can pull off the W. 

LSU may be starting to feel a little pressure to beat "Lil' ole Arkansas", and that pressure combined with their head coach means another victory for the Hogs. 

Dropkick

gawntrail

June 15, 2016, 11:17:38 am #90 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:32:55 am by gawntrail
We'll be the best 6 to 7 win team in the country.  We will struggle early, catch fire, then be considered one of the hottest finishers in the country on a roll looking real good for '17.

And, I agree with Muskogee and others about CBB.  He is here as long as he wants to be.  We are an upper-mid tier program in the toughest side of the toughest Conference.  Going to bowls every year and having a puncher's chance every single week sounds about right.  I wish our circumstances were more favorable year in and year out.  But, objectively, we're the 3rd or 4th best in the West and 4th to 7th best in the Conference depending on FL, GA, and UT. 

JAN 1 Bowl is our normal ceiling depending on other dominoes.  We will always be at the mercy of the polls and outside forces due to our inability to recruit 10 - 11 win seasons.

jkstock04

Quote from: farmhawg on June 15, 2016, 07:14:24 am
Year four, we should expect more at this point than 6-6.
Blame who you want but the main working parts of our offense are gutted. O-line, running back, qb. People firmly expecting 8+ wins aren't doing so based on common sense/reality. It's just homer fan preseason stuff.

I'm sick of the Hogs having odds stacked against them every year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Terryproy

Understanding the game of football is how I deal with criticism. If Arkansas loses and Devwah has a great game, it's still a loss, if Devwah has a great game and they win, the team wins. Football is a team sport not and individual sport. You win and lose as a team. If someone gets on here and talks about Devwah after he has a bad game and the team loses, then they really don't understand football, so I ignore them. With that said WooPig, let's go. :razorback: :puke: :razorback:  :razorback:

cosmodrum

Our OL is a cluster right now, thin at RB, who knows about QB.

6-6 is about right, 7-5 is my target, 8-4 if stars align.

You peeps with 10-2 in your heads need to reboot your heads.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

I'm happy we have you winners on Hogville. What positions do you play? This is getting me excited.

11-1!
Go away, batin'

Been10Hog

I look at it as who is better than us on paper at a neutral site?

Alabama
TCU
LSU
Florida

Ole Miss I don't know, would go 50/50 on them

So if we win the ones we're supposed to win and don't give away one or two to teams we're better than on paper and add in Ole Miss but don't upset anyone, then 8-4.

road games at MSU and Aubbie could easily turn to 6-6 and still be a great team, go to a bowl game and demolish the opponent like we did Texas and KSU.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Terryproy on June 14, 2016, 07:16:02 pm
I see some guys take a poll and life very seriously. It's just a poll which offers you a choice, either answer it or keep on scrolling . For you guys who just answered it, thanks. My prediction is 8-4.

You are going to fit in here very well.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

PonderinHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 15, 2016, 01:34:53 pm
You are going to fit in here very well.  ;)
We need to get him in the Tavern before it's too late!   ;D

GuvHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 15, 2016, 12:23:31 pm
Our OL is a cluster right now, thin at RB, who knows about QB.

6-6 is about right, 7-5 is my target, 8-4 if stars align.

You peeps with 10-2 in your heads need to reboot your heads.

I'll go with 9-3 with losses to Bama, LSU, and Florida. Even though I'm calling LSU and Florida losses, I believe that they are winnable since those games are in DWRRS as is Ole Miss. The schedule is favorable to the Hogs in the sense that all of the toughest games will be in DWRRS and that's important to note. This is CBB's 4th season so I believe some improvement record wise over last season should be expected.

TCU is replacing a lot of starters on both sides of the ball as is Missouri (who also has a new HC) while the Hogs are only doing that on offense so I'm marking those 2 down as wins. Some people on here are giving TCU too much hype when they aren't going to be as good as they've been in the past.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

cosmodrum

Quote from: GuvHog on June 15, 2016, 02:09:17 pm
I'll go with 9-3 with losses to Bama, LSU, and Florida. Even though I'm calling LSU and Florida losses, I believe that they are winnable since those games are in DWRRS as is Ole Miss. The schedule is favorable to the Hogs in the sense that all of the toughest games will be in DWRRS and that's important to note. This is CBB's 4th season so I believe some improvement record wise over last season should be expected.

TCU is replacing a lot of starters on both sides of the ball as is Missouri (who also has a new HC) while the Hogs are only doing that on offense so I'm marking those 2 down as wins. Some people on here are giving TCU too much hype when they aren't going to be as good as they've been in the past.

There're just too many offensive questions from me to predict more than 8-4.
Go away, batin'