6-6
80 (28.5%)
5-7
16 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 281

Voting closed: June 16, 2016, 04:17:18 pm

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 29, 2016, 09:42:06 am
Some of you guys are hilarious.  10-2, 11-1? Surely you don't take yourself serious. This team is not as good as last year's team. I still have hopes for a bowl game but come on. This is why everyone gets mad. Unrealistic expectations.

As I have said a 100 times - this is still too early to write off the season. With key contributors just now getting on campus and we don't know who will step up. How many people last year was saying "Great Morgan is coming in. Now he is going to show everyone he is one of the best in the SEC." Or how many laughed when CBB said BA needed to compete against the best QBs in the SEC.

By late August we will have a much better idea of what this team will look like and the predictions will be more accurate.

Until then 10 wins.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hogwild

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 28, 2016, 05:27:58 pm
Maybe the front seven as opposed to just the D-Line?

The good news is, as far as the SEC West goes, Alabama loses about 76% of its front 7 career starts from the last 3 years. Auburn-65%, LSU-23%, Ole Miss-71%, Miss St-66% and A&M 43%.

The bad news is that the three best front 7s in college football are on our schedule. Florida, LSU, and Bama. I'm going with 7/8 wins

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 29, 2016, 05:47:05 am
Arkansas loses 10.3% of their career starts (last 3 years) from their front 7.

That beats the curve
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 29, 2016, 10:04:01 am
As I have said a 100 times - this is still too early to write off the season. With key contributors just now getting on campus and we don't know who will step up. How many people last year was saying "Great Morgan is coming in. Now he is going to show everyone he is one of the best in the SEC." Or how many laughed when CBB said BA needed to compete against the best QBs in the SEC.

By late August we will have a much better idea of what this team will look like and the predictions will be more accurate.

Until then 10 wins.  ;D

+1000

This team has the makings of being either very, VERY good or pretty mediocre again.

Cinco de Hogo

Look, we are not in a rebuild year, neither were we last year and we won't be next year.  We are a reload team and there are good to great players waiting the opportunity to show us what they can do.  We are not short capable bodies at every position.  The only thing to be determined is how it all shakes out.  Could be a great year, could be a mediocre year but it will be because of all the variables that exist in a season not because anyone has a Crystal ball.  So whatever your prediction is...you could be right.  I bet very few are willing to concede a single game right now even if they predict a six and six season.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 29, 2016, 12:13:21 pm
Look, we are not in a rebuild year, neither were we last year and we won't be next year.  We are a reload team and there are good to great players waiting the opportunity to show us what they can do.  We are not short capable bodies at every position.  The only thing to be determined is how it all shakes out.  Could be a great year, could be a mediocre year but it will be because of all the variables that exist in a season not because anyone has a Crystal ball.  So whatever your prediction is...you could be right.  I bet very few are willing to concede a single game right now even if they predict a six and six season.

+1000

You're not going to see this team struggle to be good again a la 2013 through midway of 2014.

HF#1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 28, 2016, 05:38:52 pm
Or even a year after that, but yes, I believe it is coming.

Could have easily been last year had Brandon Allen's light come on before the last 6 games.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 29, 2016, 12:01:02 pm
+1000

This team has the makings of being either very, VERY good or pretty mediocre again.

Hey swing for the fences or stay in the dugout. Sorry for the baseball metaphor but I have Cubbie fever!!  :D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

LZH

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 28, 2016, 11:05:31 pm
Ryan Mallett, Tyler Wilson, Jake Coker, Blake Sims, Chad Kelley, Johnny Manziel, Nick Marshall, Cam Newton, Zach Mettenberger, Dak Prescott

Good job BB.....I'm so lazy.

AA has a good receiving corp, he's watched Enos work with his brother, and from what I saw a couple of months ago he has a serious whip.

GuvHog

Some of you guys are hilarious.  10-2, 11-1? Surely you don't take yourself serious. This team is not as good as last year's team. I still have hopes for a bowl game but come on. This is why everyone gets mad. Unrealistic expectations.

I agree the Hog offense is a work in progress but don't ignore the fact that this Hog Defense returns 9 starters and will be much better than last years Hog Defense.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LZH

That's shooting a little high, sure. But who the hell would have ever expected Mizzou to win the East when they did.

We shouldn't be shocked if this bunch surprises everyone. BB has been curiously quiet on some things this spring. Maybe he thinks we'll be better than the experts do.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: LZH on June 29, 2016, 04:51:12 pm
That's shooting a little high, sure. But who the hell would have ever expected Mizzou to win the East when they did.

We shouldn't be shocked if this bunch surprises everyone. BB has been curiously quiet on some things this spring. Maybe he thinks we'll be better than the experts do.

I always agree with this age old quote...
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
― Norman Vincent Peale
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hawgrunner

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 28, 2016, 11:05:31 pm
Ryan Mallett, Tyler Wilson, Jake Coker, Blake Sims, Chad Kelley, Johnny Manziel, Nick Marshall, Cam Newton, Zach Mettenberger, Dak Prescott

good list

Russ22

Quote from: DLUXHOG on June 29, 2016, 04:56:56 pm
I always agree with this age old quote...
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
― Norman Vincent Peale
Peale obviously didn't know astronomy, and apparently you think that is laudable in some way. The moon is much much closer than even the closest star (Sol).

Bielema's team will play hard, but I think the uncertainty - particularly at RB and on the OL - is going to hold them back. I will be completely honest. I don't like Bret, but his team's always play hard.

Being a Fayetteville resident, I know about Austin's talent. He won the state title with less around him than Brandon. Austin will be in the upper half of SEC QB's this year in protecting the football, but I don't think you can depend on him to win games in the 2nd half. That is very unusual for first year starters in the SEC. Some above have mentioned successful first year guys, two of them won the  Heisman trophy. What isn't listed are the complete meltdown guys in their first SEC season. I think those guys will outnumber the successes at a 3 or 4 to 1 rate.

The RB is either going to be a fragile 6th year senior - Walker, an unknown returner from injury - Williams, or a true freshman - Whaley. I think we know what we Walker is - a hammer with stone hands. He can salt a game away, but he is probably never going to break open a game early. Williams suffered a tremendous injury. While while he may be back physically, we don't know how the mental side of taking on contact will look. Whaley is definitely a big time back, but how many times have we seen first year guys struggle with maintaining control of the football (not fumbling) when they start SEC play. Whaley will likely take the starting job if he can demonstrate that he doesn't fumble against college defenders.

The OL is a complete unknown because of the loss of 3 starters and the impact of a new OL coach. If Anderson was the guy Bielema wanted, then why did he pull a Lloyd Dobbler trying to get Sam Pittman to stay? That's a bad look if you tend to believe that Pittman had at least some impact on the gelling of the OL late the last 2 seasons.

I think that Skip Holtz will have his Bulldogs ready for his homecoming. Because of that, La Tech will be a much tougher game than most on here believe (and the Hogs will win). Revisit this thread then and see if you believe that 6-6 is that far off.

---
AND, I see that B E R T censorship is back in force. Really? Even the Sirius XM college guys call him by his media given name.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

ricepig

Quote from: Russ22 on June 30, 2016, 01:29:28 pm
Peale obviously didn't know astronomy, and apparently you think that is laudable in some way. The moon is much much closer than even the closest star (Sol).

Bielema's team will play hard, but I think the uncertainty - particularly at RB and on the OL - is going to hold them back. I will be completely honest. I don't like Bret, but his team's always play hard.

Being a Fayetteville resident, I know about Austin's talent. He won the state title with less around him than Brandon. Austin will be in the upper half of SEC QB's this year in protecting the football, but I don't think you can depend on him to win games in the 2nd half. That is very unusual for first year starters in the SEC. Some above have mentioned successful first year guys, two of them won the  Heisman trophy. What isn't listed are the complete meltdown guys in their first SEC season. I think those guys will outnumber the successes at a 3 or 4 to 1 rate.

The RB is either going to be a fragile 6th year senior - Walker, an unknown returner from injury - Williams, or a true freshman - Whaley. I think we know what we Walker is - a hammer with stone hands. He can salt a game away, but he is probably never going to break open a game early. Williams suffered a tremendous injury. While while he may be back physically, we don't know how the mental side of taking on contact will look. Whaley is definitely a big time back, but how many times have we seen first year guys struggle with maintaining control of the football (not fumbling) when they start SEC play. Whaley will likely take the starting job if he can demonstrate that he doesn't fumble against college defenders.

The OL is a complete unknown because of the loss of 3 starters and the impact of a new OL coach. If Anderson was the guy Bielema wanted, then why did he pull a Lloyd Dobbler trying to get Sam Pittman to stay? That's a bad look if you tend to believe that Pittman had at least some impact on the gelling of the OL late the last 2 seasons.

I think that Skip Holtz will have his Bulldogs ready for his homecoming. Because of that, La Tech will be a much tougher game than most on here believe (and the Hogs will win). Revisit this thread then and see if you believe that 6-6 is that far off.

---
AND, I see that B E R T censorship is back in force. Really? Even the Sirius XM college guys call him by his media given name.

You don't like it, head on back to your Aggie board. By the way, aTm will be fortunate to be 6-6.

Russ22

Quote from: ricepig on June 30, 2016, 01:33:14 pm
You don't like it, head on back to your Aggie board. By the way, aTm will be fortunate to be 6-6.
It's fine. I understand profanity filters, but I don't get this filter. I do find it comical that it was removed post-Toledo and post-Tech though.

ricepig

Quote from: Russ22 on June 30, 2016, 01:37:14 pm
It's fine. I understand profanity filters, but I don't get this filter. I do find it comical that it was removed post-Toledo and post-Tech though.

Well, most find Aggies comical, so I guess it's one's perspective.

Russ22

Quote from: ricepig on June 30, 2016, 01:40:00 pm
Well, most find Aggies comical, so I guess it's one's perspective.
Touche'

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Russ22 on June 30, 2016, 01:29:28 pm

---

The bolded part makes no sense. You asked the question how many times? You tell us as it is your hypothesis.

All I know from his stats is he played big boy football in Texas with no fumbling issues. Sorry I cannot speak of "control" issues as no one records those stats. So how many freshman have these issues?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Russ22 on June 30, 2016, 01:37:14 pm

Then take it up with the Bear or Lanny.

arlhog

I think tcu, atm, bama, miss, auburn, florida and lsu are all games we could lose.  I don't think we lose them all but there's not a gimmee out of all of those. 6-6 is not out of the question but I believe it will be more like 7-5 or 8-4.   If it's not we're going the wrong way and we need to rethink some things, this being the 5th year of this hc.  I like cbb so I honestly hope he does well, but man it is stacked against us.

ricepig

Quote from: arlhog on June 30, 2016, 07:25:09 pm
I think tcu, atm, bama, miss, auburn, florida and lsu are all games we could lose.  I don't think we lose them all but there's not a gimmee out of all of those. 6-6 is not out of the question but I believe it will be more like 7-5 or 8-4.   If it's not we're going the wrong way and we need to rethink some things, this being the 5th year of this hc.  I like cbb so I honestly hope he does well, but man it is stacked against us.

4th year, but don't tell anyone......

arlhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 30, 2016, 07:26:18 pm
4th year, but don't tell anyone......
I beg your pardon.  I will try to be more accurate in the future.   

TechDawg-Hawg

Hogs need to improve kicking game if they want to win. I hated seeing that Mississippi State game come down to that.

You need your kicking game, especially if the offense does turn up too "green" in the first few games. If Ryan Higgins from Tech is improved enough as a starter, and plays as effectively as he did in the "spring game," he can at least get them in FG range. If the touchdowns arent coming, LaTech's kicker Jonathan Barnes was 22-26 last season and scored 120+ kicking points. His long is 50. One of his misses was due to his "plant" foot slipping on contact.

I go there, and I like both teams. Hope I can help with any questions you have on them before they play.

Hawgzinbowlz

It's always stacked against us. SECW.

If we beat TCU, go 2-2 at SEC home games, 9-10 wins, including the bowl.

If we lose to TCU and AA continues to improve, 7-8 wins.

If AA has a long learning curve, 6 or 7 wins.

" GO HOGS "