6-6
80 (28.5%)
5-7
16 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 281

Voting closed: June 16, 2016, 04:17:18 pm

Razorbackers

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 16, 2016, 02:10:55 pm
Brandon Allen had 2/3's of a great season. He's one of the best ever?

Well lets take a look at the record books...

3rd in career yards
4th and 10th in single season yards
2nd in single game yards
1st in career touchdowns
tied for 2nd and also 7th in single season touchdowns
1st, 2nd, and tied for 8th in single game touchdowns
3rd in career total offense
4th in single season total offense
2nd, 3rd, and 6th in single game offense
Tied for 2nd in total career touchdowns
3rd and 8th in single season touchdowns
1st and tied for 2nd in single game touchdowns

Yeah he did a lot with that 2/3rds of a good season he had.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on June 16, 2016, 10:59:14 am
Let's unpack this a bit.

If we're saying that he needs fifth-year seniors to be successful, based on what you're saying here, then we have to accept two things:

First, Arkansas is several seasons away on OL.  If it's going to take another two classes to get where you want to be, then you're five years away from Class #2 being juniors, let alone fifth-year seniors. 

Second, in order to get fifth-year seniors, you're going to have to recruit OL who are good, but not great, because a really great OL is going to leave for the NFL before 5 years, probably.  That sounds more like "it's a work in progress" rather than "the breakout season is right around the corner."

It may be that Bielema is that guy who can put out the dumpster fire and get the program stable and moving in the right direction again, but not necessarily the guy who gets Arkansas challenging with any consistency in the West. 
Not saying "to be successful."  Just saying that this next year is not the year he will be fired on if we dont reach 9-10 wins.  Long seems to understand this as well. 

On the 5th year seniors, that should be where our depth comes from and is how CBB has always coached his programs.  Not to say that we wont have better underclassmen at times, but we need 5th year guys that can playl

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: JaketheSnake on June 16, 2016, 03:01:04 pm
Not saying "to be successful."  Just saying that this next year is not the year he will be fired on if we dont reach 9-10 wins.  Long seems to understand this as well. 

On the 5th year seniors, that should be where our depth comes from and is how CBB has always coached his programs.  Not to say that we wont have better underclassmen at times, but we need 5th year guys that can playl

I totally agree that Bielema is in no danger of losing his job.  5th year contributors are golden.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

GuvHog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on June 16, 2016, 03:55:47 pm
I totally agree that Bielema is in no danger of losing his job.  5th year contributors are golden.

Yes good ones are Golden because they are rare. Usually any player worth even half of his salt is gone after his Junior season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TOM "tbw1"

La Tech*
TCU
Texas State*
Texas A&M
Alcorn*
Alabama
Ole Miss
West Georgia State School of Farming at Opelika
Florida
LSU
Mississippi St.
Missouri

I have starred three teams we should be superior to in talent and depth.

Coach Bryant once said: "It's not the will to win that matters – everyone has that.
It's the will to prepare to win." 

Arkansas this year has to prepare to win in detail to cover for an inexperience quarterback, an anemically thin offensive line, and an undermanned secondary.

We have the coaching staff to prepare, the key will be how much the players buy in.  I think 9-3 is doable but 6-6 is also probable if the injury bug strikes.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Seebs

Upon deeper reflection -

The Hogs beat Bama, LSU, Ole Miss and Florida. These are the only four wins of the year and finish 4-8.
We are the first 4-8 team to finish in the top 25 and CBB gets a raise and is immediately terminated. 

Jim Grobe will be our new coach.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Seebs on June 16, 2016, 04:53:54 pm
Upon deeper reflection -

The Hogs beat Bama, LSU, Ole Miss and Florida. These are the only four wins of the year and finish 4-8.
We are the first 4-8 team to finish in the top 25 and CBB gets a raise and is immediately terminated. 

Jim Grobe will be our new coach.
Seebs, just don't dive head first into that deep pool of thought!

LMAO   :razorback:

GuvHog

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on June 16, 2016, 04:46:41 pm
La Tech*
TCU
Texas State*
Texas A&M
Alcorn*
Alabama
Ole Miss
West Georgia State School of Farming at Opelika
Florida
LSU
Mississippi St.
Missouri

I have starred three teams we should be superior to in talent and depth.

Coach Bryant once said: "It's not the will to win that matters – everyone has that.
It's the will to prepare to win." 

Arkansas this year has to prepare to win in detail to cover for an inexperience quarterback, an anemically thin offensive line, and an undermanned secondary.

We have the coaching staff to prepare, the key will be how much the players buy in.  I think 9-3 is doable but 6-6 is also probable if the injury bug strikes.

That offensive line just got a huge kick in the pants today so they won't be as thin as originally thought

I wouldn't exactly call a secondary that returns all but 1 starter undermanned.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on June 16, 2016, 06:35:22 pm
That offensive line just got a huge kick in the pants today so they won't be as thin as originally thought

I wouldn't exactly call a secondary that returns all but 1 starter undermanned.

Raulerson is a nice addition, glad to have him, but while one more O-Lineman is great, I'm not sure I would call it a "huge" kick in the pants. But he'll help.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 16, 2016, 06:44:07 pm
Raulerson is a nice addition, glad to have him, but while one more O-Lineman is great, I'm not sure I would call it a "huge" kick in the pants. But he'll help.

Since he was tabbed to start at center for the Longhorns this fall, it's likely that he will start at center as a Hog too which will allow Ragnow to stay at Guard. That's a pretty good kick in the pants.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Razorbackers on June 16, 2016, 02:35:11 pm
Well lets take a look at the record books...

3rd in career yards
4th and 10th in single season yards
2nd in single game yards
1st in career touchdowns
tied for 2nd and also 7th in single season touchdowns
1st, 2nd, and tied for 8th in single game touchdowns
3rd in career total offense
4th in single season total offense
2nd, 3rd, and 6th in single game offense
Tied for 2nd in total career touchdowns
3rd and 8th in single season touchdowns
1st and tied for 2nd in single game touchdowns

Yeah he did a lot with that 2/3rds of a good season he had.

But a noticeable number of those records have more to do with the number of snaps he took the the skill with which he took advantage of them.

I guess the Razorbacks have just not had very many good quarterbacks.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

TNRazorbacker

7-8 wins. Replacing a lot of production with complete question marks.

farmhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 16, 2016, 06:44:07 pm
Hard to believe we would have an issue at oline considering what we have supposedly recruited over the last few years.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Wildhog

Quote from: farmhawg on June 16, 2016, 09:12:26 pm
Hard to believe we would have an issue at oline considering what we have supposedly recruited over the last few years.

Uh...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

What? We haven't recruited numbers, our depth is marginal at best, especially with Kirkland going pro a year early.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2016, 09:14:30 pm
What? We haven't recruited numbers, our depth is marginal at best, especially with Kirkland going pro a year early.

Who could have seen this coming?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

LOL. I love nothing more than to see you suffering from heartburn when CBB does good.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 16, 2016, 09:20:24 pm
Who could have seen this coming?
No one, it came as a complete surprise to everyone.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ShadowHawg

New QB, new O line, New Rb's, minus Hunter Henry.

It's a rebuilding year. My expectations aren't that high, but the Hogs seem to have their best seasons when they are over looked.

I am hoping for the best.

goodguytex

I hope everyone picks the Hogs last or next to last. And then hopefully the Hogs can shock everyone and finish near the top.

Looking at our schedule... Starting 5-0 is very doable, and likely if things come together like they should. That kind of momentum, along with playing our toughest games at home may help us win more than most in the media think.

I'm hoping for an 8 win regular season minimum. But 6-6 wouldn't surprise me. 2017 should be The year we compete for the West.

Torqued pork

Recruiting rankings aren't forgotten in preseason polls and predictions, so I would expect something in the 6-6 range for most years and it will be fair. God bless those who believe championships can be won with less talent. I used to be naive.

MuskogeeHogFan

June 17, 2016, 05:52:03 am #172 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:31:06 am by MuskogeeHogFan

Well, let's see.

2013(on the heels of a melt down)-Kirkland (2 year starter, left early for NFL-undrafted), Skipper (started all but the first half of his Freshman year, still playing), Koehler (a miss, no longer on team), John McClure (a miss, no longer on team).

2014-Ragnow (starting), Wallace (has been a development project like most O-Linemen, 3 games LY), Pruitt (failed to qualify), Tretola (2 year starter, drafted).

2015-Merrick (a development player), Jackson (projected starter at LT this year), Rogers (has seen some playing time as true Freshman).

2016-Ramirez (JC transfer, will see playing time), Malone (JC transfer, will see playing time), Heinrich (will be a good player for us, probably a R/S for 2016), Raulerson (Sr. transfer, probable starter at either C or OG).

So 9 of 14 (64%) that have made it to campus since Bielema arrived have or will see playing time and that doesn't include Heinrich who is recovering from surgery. Every team has some misses in evaluations (Koehler, McClure, Pruitt) and every team has players that have to be developed and that aren't starters from day one, especially on the O-Line. And, it doesn't help when your former disgruntled O-Line Coach doesn't put as much effort into the process as he should have and all because his buddy was allowed to leave.

There are a lot of reasons that we are where we are right now but just getting 3 in years we should have signed 4 (or maybe 5) has made a big difference when you know that not all of them are going to end up being SEC level players. But the margin of error is small at this level and right now we are about 3-4 players short of where we should be in terms of overall numbers, about one short per class each year on average. Even small misses like that can bite you in the butt years down the road.

To further illustrate that, most of our problems in terms of numbers right now stem from the fact that out of the 8 from the 2013 and 2014 classes, only 3 remain. 2 to the NFL, 2 no longer on the team and 1 that never made it to campus add up to the lack of depth and what is more, quality depth.

The quality that we have is good, we just don't have enough of them at this point.
Go Hogs Go!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

ALLVOL

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 17, 2016, 05:52:03 am
Well, let's see.

2013(on the heels of a melt down)-Kirkland (2 year starter, left early for NFL-undrafted), Skipper (started all but the first half of his Freshman year, still playing), Koehler (a miss, no longer on team), John McClure (a miss, no longer on team).

2014-Ragnow (starting), Wallace (has been a development project like most O-Linemen, 3 games LY), Pruitt (failed to qualify), Tretola (2 year starter, drafted).

2015-Merrick (a development player), Jackson (projected starter at LT this year), Rogers (has seen some playing time as true Freshman).

2016-Ramirez (JC transfer, will see playing time), Malone (JC transfer, will see playing time), Heinrich (will be a good player for us, probably a R/S for 2016), Raulerson (Sr. transfer, probable starter at either C or OG).

So 9 of 14 (64%) that have made it to campus since Bielema arrived have or will see playing time and that doesn't include Heinrich who is recovering from surgery. Every team has some misses in evaluations (Koehler, McClure, Pruitt) and every team has players that have to be developed and that aren't starters from day one, especially on the O-Line. And, it doesn't help when your former disgruntled O-Line Coach doesn't put as much effort into the process as he should have and all because his buddy was allowed to leave.

There are a lot of reasons that we are where we are right now but just getting 3 in years we should have signed 4 (or maybe 5) has made a big difference when you know that not all of them are going to end up being SEC level players. But the margin of error is small at this level and right now we are about 3-4 players short of where we should be in terms of overall numbers, about one short per class each year on average. Even small misses like that can bite you in the butt years down the road.

To further illustrate that, most of our problems in terms of numbers right now stem from the fact that out of the 8 from the 2013 and 2014 classes, only 3 remain. 2 to the NFL, 2 no longer on the team and 1 that never made it to campus add up to the lack of depth and what is more, quality depth.

The quality that we have is good, we just don't have enough of them at this point.
There's a lot of merit to this post. 

Razorbackers

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 16, 2016, 09:00:45 pm
But a noticeable number of those records have more to do with the number of snaps he took the the skill with which he took advantage of them.

I guess the Razorbacks have just not had very many good quarterbacks.

We have not had many good quarterbacks. But the only 3 guys that are ahead of him in passing categories are Mallett, Wilson, and Stoerner. Mallett is the best QB in school history. Wilson was a system QB that floundered without the system. Stoerner was a good pocket QB.

Allen never had the weapons to throw to that Mallett or Wilson had. His team was never as complete as those 2 awesome Petrino teams were. The one year where he had all the elements he needed for a good passing game, he was incredible. Highest QBR in the nation last year.

And you cannot hold the fact that he started more games against him as a detriment. If anything, it's a positive. He was durable, smart, accurate, and efficient. The only 2 QBs I'd take of him are Mallett and Stoerner. I think BA is better that TW.

I'm very happy to have Bielema, but if BA had gotten to play in a BP system with BP receivers, which is what he was recruited to do, there's no doubt in my mind he'd have every passing record in hogs history.

Which, as you said, isn't exactly amazing. The Hogs haven't had many great QBs in history. haha

PonderinHog

There was this guy that played in the NFL for nineteen years.

GuvHog

Well, let's see.

The addition of Raulerson at Center, who would have started for Texas this coming season, helps a great deal though.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on June 17, 2016, 08:41:46 am
The addition of Raulerson at Center, who would have started for Texas this coming season, helps a great deal though.

He was mentioned, Guv. He will probably help our situation being that already, he is the 3rd most experienced O-Lineman that we have. But that doesn't eliminate our problems with depth.
Go Hogs Go!

TOM "tbw1"

We are without depth.  This helps but we are just an injury away from problems.  We also have to face teams that will be two deep on the Defensive front seven and we will be hard pressed to rotate.  Building the O line takes time.

Jake Raulerson will be a welcome addition.  But you have to have depth.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on June 16, 2016, 02:17:03 pm
Weird ain't it? From Longhorn to Razorback. The end is nigh.

We weren't his first choice (or second, third, or fourth). Guess it was just meant to be.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GuvHog

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on June 17, 2016, 09:00:28 am
We are without depth.  This helps but we are just an injury away from problems.  We also have to face teams that will be two deep on the Defensive front seven and we will be hard pressed to rotate.  Building the O line takes time.

The key is "experienced" depth. The Hogs have a good number of offensive linemen but there aren't very many that are experienced. Hopefully some of those young inexperienced offensive linemen will step up BIG.

ALLVOL

I've thought for a while now that 16 would be a rebuild year and 17 would be much better. Hogs let 3 games get away that would've made last year a very good year. (Toledo, ATM and Miss St.

Deep Shoat

I anticipate a very good year.  9+ wins.

A very good D and a pretty good O is superior to a great O and a crappy D.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on June 17, 2016, 09:00:28 am

Yep.  You have to recruit that depth.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 17, 2016, 11:38:00 am
Yep.  You have to recruit that depth.

Delph, in honor of MrCoolHog55.....

The NewEra

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 17, 2016, 10:36:26 am
I've thought for a while now that 16 would be a rebuild year and 17 would be much better. Hogs let 3 games get away that would've made last year a very good year. (Toledo, ATM and Miss St.

No doubt.  Had we won the Toledo and ATM games, with the momentum that would have provided, the Bama game might have had a different outcome also.  Not entirely likely but possible.  We just need to get a good start to this year and let the coaches do the great job they have been doing in improving the team week to week. 

Cinco de Hogo

Well, let's see.

Individually those statements would have gotten you a lot of grief at the times but collectively now it's make for a good excuse.  CBP wasn't allowed those kind of excuses and he usually made things work.  I think CBB and CCA will make this O-Line work.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 18, 2016, 01:04:23 pm
Individually those statements would have gotten you a lot of grief at the times but collectively now it's make for a good excuse.  CBP wasn't allowed those kind of excuses and he usually made things work.  I think CBB and CCA will make this O-Line work.

It's amazing to me that when the truth is presented, depending upon your viewpoint and stance, it is either a fact or an "excuse". I'm not making excuses for Bielema, I just presenting the facts. And I agree that they will find a way to make it work, they have no other choice. The addition of Raulerson will really help in that his ability and flexibility in positions that he can play, will give us more options than we had prior to his commit. If we add one more Grad Transfer to the O-Line before August drills open, we could be in even better shape along the O-Line.
Go Hogs Go!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 18, 2016, 04:47:58 pm
It's amazing to me that when the truth is presented, depending upon your viewpoint and stance, it is either a fact or an "excuse". I'm not making excuses for Bielema, I just presenting the facts. And I agree that they will find a way to make it work, they have no other choice. The addition of Raulerson will really help in that his ability and flexibility in positions that he can play, will give us more options than we had prior to his commit. If we add one more Grad Transfer to the O-Line before August drills open, we could be in even better shape along the O-Line.

Wasn't really critiquing you although I wasn't sure if you had a point other than facts.  But your right, truth will depend solely on a persons viewpoint, or maybe vice versus.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 18, 2016, 05:12:54 pm
Wasn't really critiquing you although I wasn't sure if you had a point other than facts.  But your right, truth will depend solely on a persons viewpoint, or maybe vice versus.

Reading who I was responding to and what they said will give you the context of my response. I'm not making excuses for the staff. We have some issues with numbers and experience on the OL and though everyone makes mistakes, the staff has to take responsibility for that and I am sure that they do.

And, when you compare our situation to that of our SEC brethren, it tends to frustrate some folks, and that is understandable. We aren't as well off as some, but we also are not as bad off as some others. We just need to find a way to get more players developed so that they can get more snaps and gain experience, so that we tend to re-load instead of re-build.

We will know more by the mid-point of the season.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 18, 2016, 05:27:48 pm
Reading who I was responding to and what they said will give you the context of my response. I'm not making excuses for the staff. We have some issues with numbers and experience on the OL and though everyone makes mistakes, the staff has to take responsibility for that and I am sure that they do.

And, when you compare our situation to that of our SEC brethren, it tends to frustrate some folks, and that is understandable. We aren't as well off as some, but we also are not as bad off as some others. We just need to find a way to get more players developed so that they can get more snaps and gain experience, so that we tend to re-load instead of re-build.

We will know more by the mid-point of the season.

I really think the frustration some are feeling is because Petrino built a monster and had back to back 10 win seasons then it collapsed and now CBB isn't getting it back to that point as fast as some hoped he would. The fans saw the Hogs have those two big seasons and now they want it again. It's been 5 years since that last big season so some fans are getting restless.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on June 18, 2016, 05:42:13 pm
I really think the frustration some are feeling is because Petrino built a monster and had back to back 10 win seasons then it collapsed and now CBB isn't getting it back to that point as fast as some hoped he would. The fans saw the Hogs have those two big seasons and now they want it again. It's been 5 years since that last big season so some fans are getting restless.

There is no guarantee that those type of seasons would have been sustainable. In 2013, we had some weapons back and I don't think that there is any doubt that we would have done better than we did had we had BP as the HC. Would we have won 10-11 games? I doubt it. Of course, we will never know for sure and those that are BP advocates or advocates of his style of offense will make the best case possible that it would have been sustainable. I think we were headed for a downturn in wins in 2013 anyway, it is just that JLS and the Staff made it worse than it had to be.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 18, 2016, 06:04:30 pm
There is no guarantee that those type of seasons would have been sustainable. In 2013, we had some weapons back and I don't think that there is any doubt that we would have done better than we did had we had BP as the HC. Would we have won 10-11 games? I doubt it. Of course, we will never know for sure and those that are BP advocates or advocates of his style of offense will make the best case possible that it would have been sustainable. I think we were headed for a downturn in wins in 2013 anyway, it is just that JLS and the Staff made it worse than it had to be.

I agree about 2012. I was one of BP's biggest supporters and even I was thinking 8 or 9 wins max that year if he hadn't been terminated and maybe 8 wins in 2013. Would he have been able to reload by 2014?? No one knows.

CBB however, is doing a fine job as we have seen improvement in the record every year since he arrived.

gawntrail

Quote from: GuvHog on June 18, 2016, 05:42:13 pm

It's also year 4 in to paying real money to CBB.  Everywhere else it's put up or shut up time.  I think CBB is being allowed a bit more latitude based on his control of the program, circumstances specific to Arkansas, and Arkansas' relation to the rest of the SEC and the country's top rung programs.

My opinion is we'll know if we're on to something by the middle of the '17 season.  I think by the end of the '17 season there will be enough body of work to make a very informed and consequential decision about the future of CBB and Razorback football. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on June 18, 2016, 06:19:03 pm
I agree about 2012. I was one of BP's biggest supporters and even I was thinking 8 or 9 wins max that year if he hadn't been terminated and maybe 8 wins in 2013. Would he have been able to reload by 2014?? No one knows.

CBB however, is doing a fine job as we have seen improvement in the record every year since he arrived.

Yeah I meant 2012, not 2013.
Go Hogs Go!

Russ22

Quote from: TeufelHog on June 14, 2016, 09:42:29 pm
* Inexperienced QB behind a developing offensive-line . . .
* Tested, but still developing defense . . .
6-6 sounds about right with an added "lower tier" bowl win.  Remember, without 2 very "lucky" regular season OT wins we were at 5-7 last year with no bowl game.  Love to be wrong, but 6-6 is a realistic expectation this season.   
It wasn't two lucky games. It was a miracle 4th down and a lucky 4th down. The Hogs were exactly 2 plays (a 4th down and game to go in two different OT games - Auby and Ole Miss) from being 5-7. I also think 6-6 is realistic.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

ricepig

Quote from: Russ22 on June 24, 2016, 11:17:01 am
It wasn't two lucky games. It was a miracle 4th down and a lucky 4th down. The Hogs were exactly 2 plays (a 4th down and game to go in two different OT games - Auby and Ole Miss) from being 5-7. I also think 6-6 is realistic.

Or........a made FG, first down, and holding calls/clip from being 11-2, see how easy that was? 

Russ22

Quote from: ricepig on June 24, 2016, 11:24:24 am
Or........a made FG, first down, and holding calls/clip from being 11-2, see how easy that was? 
I agree. I believe that you are what your record says you are because the luck evens out. I am just pointing this out to those that think the Hogs were on the precipice of greatness last year. They were on the edge of disaster as well. At the end of the season, they played really well (again).
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/