6-6
80 (28.5%)
5-7
16 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 281

Voting closed: June 16, 2016, 04:17:18 pm

GuvHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 15, 2016, 02:19:32 pm
There're just too many offensive questions from me to predict more than 8-4.

Understood. You believe the Hogs will lose 1 more game than I believe they'll lose.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LRHawg

Haha, Uncle Terry!!  :razorback: :razorback:  :razorback:

Pigsknuckles

I think I will wait to see who gets hurt in August before I posit a prediction.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

daprospecta

Quote from: gawntrail on June 15, 2016, 11:17:38 am
We'll be the best 6 to 7 win team in the country.  We will struggle early, catch fire, then be considered one of the hottest finishers in the country on a roll looking real good for '17.

And, I agree with Muskogee and others about CBB.  He is here as long as he wants to be.  We are an upper-mid tier program in the toughest side of the toughest Conference.  Going to bowls every year and having a puncher's chance every single week sounds about right.  I wish our circumstances were more favorable year in and year out.  But, objectively, we're the 3rd or 4th best in the West and 4th to 7th best in the Conference depending on FL, GA, and UT. 

JAN 1 Bowl is our normal ceiling depending on other dominoes.  We will always be at the mercy of the polls and outside forces due to our inability to recruit 10 - 11 win seasons.
Not trying to start to something but anyone that has the same view for Coach Anderson is deemed delusional. We didn't bring CBB here to pay him gobs of money and have him run a middling SEC program year in and year out.  I would rather hire an up and comer(not have to pay him as much) with a cutting edge system that could fail but could also catch teams off guard I.E. Petrino.  Beating Alabama will be tough every year but if CBB is who we think he is, we should have a season every few years where our only loss would be Alabama. 

LZH

cosmodrum

Quote from: GuvHog on June 15, 2016, 02:25:34 pm
Understood. You believe the Hogs will lose 1 more game than I believe they'll lose.

Well, I actually have them at 7-5, with an 8-4 ceiling.
Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

At Arkansas, defense used to mean something.  Nowadays, I'm not so sure, but I want to believe.

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 15, 2016, 03:03:31 pm
At Arkansas, defense used to mean something.  Nowadays, I'm not so sure, but I want to believe.

With big boy being a defensive coordinator by trade, you would have to think that we will come around this year and next year.

Smokehouse

Way early predictions are always dicey, but this year seems particularly so. If the Hogs get really lucky, then Austin clicks early with a deep wide receiving core, we don't have any major injuries on the o-line or at RB, TCU/A&M/Auburn/Ole Miss all either fail to start quickly with new starters at key positions or wilt under the pressure of scandals, etc.

Or, if the Hogs get really unlucky, we lose two o-lineman to injury in the first third of the season the line becomes a disaster, Austin needs a good half-season to adjust to starting, TCU's new starting QB ends up being a stud, Trevor Knight gives the A&M offense some stability just by merit of having a high-character guy leading the locker room, Auburn and OM players rally around their coaches/game checks and put up huge seasons, etc.

This is a season where I'm not cementing any expectations until we get several games into it.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

mhsbc59

I'm thinking 9-3 regular season is about right.  CBB has never not had a solid OL and just because we lost some guys there doesn't mean the ones replacing them can not play they will have had 8 months to get ready. And CBB doesn't seem as worried about them as folks around here.  I know we are breaking in a new QB but he has been the program for 4 years. 4 YEARS!!! its not like he is an incoming freshman.  A. Allen will be ready and having a very solid WR core will help.  Ask anyone last year this time what our weakest Offensive position was and everyone would have said WR.  Come to find out we are deep and good at WR.  I agree we are thin at LB on D but playing young there last year will help us early this year.  and we may not have the best DL but we are very good and very deep there.  Lastly can anyone remember CBB not have someone to carry the Rock will be fine at RB. Its one of the only postions where you can make an immediate impact on a football team no seasoning is required at that position.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

ALLVOL

I thinks Hogs record is so up in the air this year. If Allen plays well then 8 wins is very achievable. If he struggles then I think 6 wins will be more realistically. Hopefully he will have a solid year.

HogBreath

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 15, 2016, 03:48:51 pm
I thinks Hogs record is so up in the air this year. If Allen plays well then 8 wins is very achievable. If he struggles then I think 6 wins will be more realistically. Hopefully he will have a solid year.
What if he just has an off the charts incredible year and we go 11-1, then we beat youse guys, like 42-3, for the SEC title?  Pretty sweet, eh?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

ALLVOL

Quote from: HogBreath on June 15, 2016, 04:01:03 pm
What if he just has an off the charts incredible year and we go 11-1, then we beat youse guys, like 42-3, for the SEC title?  Pretty sweet, eh?
I'd love for the Hogs to win 11 games.

Soooie21

Andrew Hogfan

LTU - W
TCU - W
TS - W
A&M - W
Alcorn - W
Bama - W
Ole Miss - W
Auburn - W
Florida - W
LSU - W
MSU - W
Mizzo - W
WPS!!!

RT1941

I'm going 8-4 with a bowl win to finish with a solid season at 9-4.
RazorTusk!!!!

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Been10Hog on June 15, 2016, 01:32:53 pm
I look at it as who is better than us on paper at a neutral site?

Alabama
TCU
LSU
Florida

Ole Miss I don't know, would go 50/50 on them

So if we win the ones we're supposed to win and don't give away one or two to teams we're better than on paper and add in Ole Miss but don't upset anyone, then 8-4.

road games at MSU and Aubbie could easily turn to 6-6 and still be a great team, go to a bowl game and demolish the opponent like we did Texas and KSU.
You picked 3 teams that's Qb's will suck to outperform us. No....  4. Bama's  will suck too.
I can't see losing to TCU or Fla
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on June 15, 2016, 04:21:13 pm
LTU - W
TCU - W
TS - W
A&M - W
Alcorn - W
Bama - W
Ole Miss - W
Auburn - W
Florida - W
LSU - W
MSU - W
Mizzo - W
I'm with you!  All in!  Let's go!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on June 15, 2016, 04:21:13 pm
LTU - W
TCU - W
TS - W
A&M - W
Alcorn - W
Bama - W
Ole Miss - W
Auburn - W
Florida - W
LSU - W
MSU - W
Mizzo - W
+1000! if I could....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: a0ashle on June 15, 2016, 11:08:10 am
It is a fool's errand to do any of this prognosticating, not just now, but even early in the season. Seasons are short for the fans, but long in football years.If last year taught us anything it was game 1 has very little impact on game 4, game 8 and game 12. That said if I am going play the game, I am not going to try to guess how the other teams will ebb and flow. Right now Missouri has even less then last year and nothing coming in.

Fair enough
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Terryproy on June 15, 2016, 12:20:47 pm
Understanding the game of football is how I deal with criticism. If Arkansas loses and Devwah has a great game, it's still a loss, if Devwah has a great game and they win, the team wins. Football is a team sport not and individual sport. You win and lose as a team. If someone gets on here and talks about Devwah after he has a bad game and the team loses, then they really don't understand football, so I ignore them. With that said WooPig, let's go. :razorback: :puke: :razorback:  :razorback:
WooPig

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: LZH on June 15, 2016, 02:43:35 pm
Wow, how did that taste?

Are we normally at odds or something? I hadn't noticed if that is the case.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Terryproy on June 15, 2016, 12:20:47 pm
Understanding the game of football is how I deal with criticism. If Arkansas loses and Devwah has a great game, it's still a loss, if Devwah has a great game and they win, the team wins. Football is a team sport not and individual sport. You win and lose as a team. If someone gets on here and talks about Devwah after he has a bad game and the team loses, then they really don't understand football, so I ignore them. With that said WooPig, let's go. :razorback: :puke: :razorback:  :razorback:

And that is how it should be. You are right, we win as a team, we lose as a team. One player, all on their own, rarely makes the difference in a win or a loss by the team. A lot of parts have to work together to perform well, or perform badly.

I wish that we were a little more stable at RB (and we may be yet, it is a wait and see) where Devwah could be brought along slowly and be worked into the rotation giving him time to acclimate and grow as a player.

But if things don't turn out like we hope they will, he may be forced to play a lot and a lot more quickly. He may be up to it, but I feel certain that he has a very bright future and I just don't want to see him rushed to duty. For his good and the good of the team, I'd like for him to have the time to just allow it to come to him over time, as he matriculates in the SEC.

That said, if it doesn't work out that way and it is a matter of "next man up" and his number is called, I have no doubt he will give it everything that he has to perform at a high level for the team. I think that everyone is excited to see him lug the rock for the Hogs.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 15, 2016, 05:32:22 pm
Are we normally at odds or something? I hadn't noticed if that is the case.

Nah KK, we're groovy as far as I know. It's just that I'm not very used to folks agreeing with me these days. Especially out in the open on subjects like winning/losing, season records, Bielema....or in this case, all of them combined.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogblitz on June 14, 2016, 04:50:27 pm
It better not be.  This is year 4.  No excuses.  We lost some starters but everyone does. This is Bielema's program now with 4 years of his recruits in it.  If you are running your program right you prepare for everything.   I do not lower my expectations.  BP had 10 wins in 2010 and 11 wins in 2011.  Although, I realize some try to act like that success never happened.
+1000
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Terryproy on June 14, 2016, 04:15:36 pm
Do y'all agree with the 6-6 prediction ? I'm realistically saying 8-4.

Probably about 7 or 8 wins. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

TNhawgfan

Saw where ESPN thinks we finish dead last in the west. That would be a disastrous season
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

yraciv

Prime example of how not to create a poll and start a topic.  You should have said SEC writer Barrett Salee has projected the Hogs to go 6-6, and provided a link.  In the poll you should have provided all logical predictions around the 6-6 mark.

Hook 'em Hogs

I haven't really given a too-early prediction, but I'm going to say 9 regular season wins.  The offense doesn't concern me as much as the defense did going into last year.  If you're losing tons of production, we're losing it the way you want to lose it.  The QB/Receiver group was outstanding last year even without Hatcher.  This year, we lose one piece of that QB/Reciever group-BA.  I think we have a VETERAN receiving corp that will help Austin look pretty good in the early parts of the year which is what he will need to build his confidence.  We get to add Hatcher back into that mix which will be huge.  As good as we had some guys step up, Hatcher was our best receiver last year before he went down.  With all the hubbub about the passing game and the concerns there, I actually think we'll be just as good because of our receivers. 

Offensive line is a bit of a concern, but I believe that play calling with a new OC last year stymied their growth and potential early last season.  I believe that mistake won't be made this year.  I think we can actually be better early season this year than we were last year on the oline because we'll be working a better game plan and system.  Offensive line could be a slight step back overall, but not much.  When you consider what a mistake the first part of the season was last year regarding our oline and play calling, I trust that CBB will not make that same mistake twice.

Our running backs will be fine.  We don't have to have a 1,500 yard back like we did last year.  In fact, we'd be better off with two 1,000 yard backs.  It's a group of potential, running behind a good offensive line with a balanced offense that leans towards the run.  Perfect system for guys to get their footing.

Defense will be improved quite a bit.   

We will be able to beat everybody, but we don't have the history to show me that we will.  I hope we don't lose to Auburn and beat Alabama or something like that, but there's a little bit of history to show that's a possibility.  I figure our three losses will come from teams like Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU or Florida.  We'll pick up at least one of those though in my opinion. 

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hogblitz on June 14, 2016, 04:50:27 pm
It better not be.  This is year 4.  No excuses.  We lost some starters but everyone does. This is Bielema's program now with 4 years of his recruits in it.  If you are running your program right you prepare for everything.   I do not lower my expectations.  BP had 10 wins in 2010 and 11 wins in 2011.  Although, I realize some try to act like that success never happened. 
Just remember that CBB builds a different kind of program.  He builds it off depth and 5th year seniors.  We are not to the point where we have that yet.  Our OL has taken a beating on depth and it still looks like we are another class or two from being where we want to be. 

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 16, 2016, 09:06:33 am
Saw where ESPN thinks we finish dead last in the west. That would be a disastrous season
They must have forgotten that Mississippi St is still in the west and Dak is not.  And LSU...well, CBB knows how to beat them.  We will get over the A&M hump this year.  So I say we finish no worst than 5th in the west, possibly climb up to 2nd or 3rd if things go in our favor. 

I want to say we finish 1st but I don't think it happens this year.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: JaketheSnake on June 16, 2016, 10:14:06 am
Just remember that CBB builds a different kind of program.  He builds it off depth and 5th year seniors.  We are not to the point where we have that yet.  Our OL has taken a beating on depth and it still looks like we are another class or two from being where we want to be. 

Let's unpack this a bit.

If we're saying that he needs fifth-year seniors to be successful, based on what you're saying here, then we have to accept two things:

First, Arkansas is several seasons away on OL.  If it's going to take another two classes to get where you want to be, then you're five years away from Class #2 being juniors, let alone fifth-year seniors. 

Second, in order to get fifth-year seniors, you're going to have to recruit OL who are good, but not great, because a really great OL is going to leave for the NFL before 5 years, probably.  That sounds more like "it's a work in progress" rather than "the breakout season is right around the corner."

It may be that Bielema is that guy who can put out the dumpster fire and get the program stable and moving in the right direction again, but not necessarily the guy who gets Arkansas challenging with any consistency in the West. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

ricepig

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on June 16, 2016, 10:59:14 am
Let's unpack this a bit.

If we're saying that he needs fifth-year seniors to be successful, based on what you're saying here, then we have to accept two things:

First, Arkansas is several seasons away on OL.  If it's going to take another two classes to get where you want to be, then you're five years away from Class #2 being juniors, let alone fifth-year seniors. 

Second, in order to get fifth-year seniors, you're going to have to recruit OL who are good, but not great, because a really great OL is going to leave for the NFL before 5 years, probably.  That sounds more like "it's a work in progress" rather than "the breakout season is right around the corner."

It may be that Bielema is that guy who can put out the dumpster fire and get the program stable and moving in the right direction again, but not necessarily the guy who gets Arkansas challenging with any consistency in the West. 

Or, you could be terribly wrong......yeah, I'll go with that.

Bacon_Bitz

12-0.

Not a homer.  Just how it's going to be this year.  Special year.  AA for Heisman.

gawntrail

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 16, 2016, 11:03:03 am
12-0.

Not a homer.  Just how it's going to be this year.  Special year.  AA for Heisman.

It takes 2 - 3 'special' players to run the table in any Conference.... 2 - 3 on BOTH sides of the ball to blank the SEC.  I'm talking nationally recognized 'special', not just our 'special'. 

We're rebuilding our offense.... If we were pontificating about Maryland, Colorado, or SMU with our exact same circumstances, it would be a consensus settled at .500.

My heart says 9+ wins.... My brain says 7.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: gawntrail on June 16, 2016, 11:48:09 am

My heart says 9+ wins.... My brain says 7.
Yep, when i take off my hog colored glasses, 7 looks to be a good guess.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: yraciv on June 16, 2016, 09:14:54 am
Prime example of how not to create a poll and start a topic.  You should have said SEC writer Barrett Salee has projected the Hogs to go 6-6, and provided a link.  In the poll you should have provided all logical predictions around the 6-6 mark.

Prime example of how not to post at a Beloved Uncle of a Beloved Razorback...

Hawgar The Horrible

The Hogs just got some immediate help on the O-line.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on June 16, 2016, 10:59:14 am

Tell me I didn't just read where a Rebel fan called our program a dumpster fire. Scoreboard, dude.

The NewEra

I say 8-4 minimum.  What Bielema has been building has taken root and the toughness now instilled in the team, along with greater talent / depth and a really good coaching staff have me hoping for more. 

Defense will determine just how well we do.  I expect them to be a force to recon with this year. 

Cross your fingers for a good start to the year.  Our first five games will determine just how well we do.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on June 16, 2016, 01:30:11 pm
Tell me I didn't just read where a Rebel fan called our program a dumpster fire. Scoreboard, dude.

I think he was saying that we were a dumpster fire when CBB took over.  And he's right.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on June 16, 2016, 01:30:11 pm

It was after John L. and the motorcycle wreck.  Bielema put that fire out and got things put back together again. 

It may be hard to remember now, but there was a point where Arkansas in full meltdown.  Bielema put an end to that.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on June 16, 2016, 01:44:43 pm
It was after John L. and the motorcycle wreck.  Bielema put that fire out and got things put back together again. 

It may be hard to remember now, but there was a point where Arkansas in full meltdown.  Bielema put an end to that.

Ah, okay. I read it to say the dumpster fire is still burning. Pardon me.

Razorbackers

Again, I would like to re-emphasize the similarities between the defense last year and the offense this year.

People were overconfident about the defensive unit coming into last season. The offense had to carry us because the defense lost too many big time players.

Same exact thing coming into this year. People are overconfident about the offense (and the coordinator) and are going to end up disappointed. We lost one of the best QB's in school history, 2 of the best running backs in school history, maybe the best tight end in school history, an all-american lineman, and an all-sec caliber lineman.

Guys...the offense is going to struggle. Period. And an struggling offense doesn't win more than 7-8 games.

6-6 is a safe pick by non-homers. But even me, at my homer-est, can't pick more than 8 wins...9 with a bowl win.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Razorbackers on June 16, 2016, 01:53:14 pm
Again, I would like to re-emphasize the similarities between the defense last year and the offense this year.

People were overconfident about the defensive unit coming into last season. The offense had to carry us because the defense lost too many big time players.

Same exact thing coming into this year. People are overconfident about the offense (and the coordinator) and are going to end up disappointed. We lost one of the best QB's in school history, 2 of the best running backs in school history, maybe the best tight end in school history, an all-american lineman, and an all-sec caliber lineman.

Guys...the offense is going to struggle. Period. And an struggling offense doesn't win more than 7-8 games.

6-6 is a safe pick by non-homers. But even me, at my homer-est, can't pick more than 8 wins...9 with a bowl win.

In the first 5 games the defense will need to play lights out vs TCU and A&M to capture W's. By the time Bama comes to town the offense will be just fine.

Pig in the Pokey

I got us 12-1 with the loss at home to bama on sec ref monster. Win bowl, miss Atlanta b/c tie-breaker to Bama.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on June 16, 2016, 01:17:14 pm
The Hogs just got some immediate help on the O-line.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The guy that was to be the starting center for the Texas Longhorns this season will be playing as a Hog this year!!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Razorbackers on June 16, 2016, 01:53:14 pm

Brandon Allen had 2/3's of a great season. He's one of the best ever?

GuvHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 16, 2016, 02:10:55 pm
Brandon Allen had 2/3's of a great season. He's one of the best ever?

Brandon did a good job last year but calling him one of the best ever is an exaggeration, no doubt.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: GuvHog on June 16, 2016, 02:10:02 pm
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The guy that was to be the starting center for the Texas Longhorns this season will be playing as a Hog this year!!

Weird ain't it? From Longhorn to Razorback. The end is nigh.