17 (6%)
6-6
80 (28.5%)
5-7
16 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 281

Voting closed: June 16, 2016, 04:17:18 pm

Terryproy

Do y'all agree with the 6-6 prediction ? I'm realistically saying 8-4.

ricepig

What experts? Most numbers from Vegas have us in the 7-7.5 range. My way too early prediction has been 8-4. I always reserve the right to change it depending on summer workouts/problems, August camp/injuries, and how our opponents handle the previous, too.

Atlhogfan1

What expert?

No.  We'll be close to 10-2/4-8 and end up with 7-8 wins.  Life in the SECW right now with a competitive but building program. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Terryproy

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2016, 04:20:17 pm
What experts? Most numbers from Vegas have us in the 7-7.5 range. My way too early prediction has been 8-4. I always reserve the right to change it depending on summer workouts/problems, August camp/injuries, and how our opponents handle the previous, too.
So called experts in the SEC

DiamondHogFan

I think you left out two very realistic possibilities in your poll (7-5 or 8-4).  I would say we hit one of those numbers.

Terryproy

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on June 14, 2016, 04:35:28 pm
I think you left out two very realistic possibilities in your poll (7-5 or 8-4).  I would say we hit one of those numbers.
Fair enough

gmarv

9-3 (or better) our defense is gonna be back to 2014  form and our offense will be better than most think.

hogblitz

It better not be.  This is year 4.  No excuses.  We lost some starters but everyone does. This is Bielema's program now with 4 years of his recruits in it.  If you are running your program right you prepare for everything.   I do not lower my expectations.  BP had 10 wins in 2010 and 11 wins in 2011.  Although, I realize some try to act like that success never happened. 

hogblitz

It's amazing to me that the fan base has returned to expectations like that of the Nutt years.  BP proved that you can win and win big at Arkansas. 

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Styflin

Quote from: hogblitz on June 14, 2016, 04:53:12 pm
It's amazing to me that the fan base has returned to expectations like that of the Nutt years.  BP proved that you can win and win big at Arkansas. 

Haha

Wildhog

We should be better than that, but we'll probably underachieve again.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: hogblitz on June 14, 2016, 04:50:27 pm
It better not be.  This is year 4.  No excuses.  We lost some starters but everyone does. This is Bielema's program now with 4 years of his recruits in it.  If you are running your program right you prepare for everything.   I do not lower my expectations.  BP had 10 wins in 2010 and 11 wins in 2011.  Although, I realize some try to act like that success never happened.

People like you need to stop expecting whoever our coach is have 10 and 11 wins in his third and fourth year just because Scumbag Petrino did.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 14, 2016, 04:58:24 pm
We should be better than that, but we'll underachieve again.

Why do you think this?

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

razorbackfan4life

I see 7-8 wins.  It all depends on QB and OL play. 

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 14, 2016, 05:00:52 pm
Just a feeling.  Could be indigestion.

Ok, I just don't see us losing 5-6 conference games, I could be wrong.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2016, 05:02:37 pm
Ok, I just don't see us losing 5-6 conference games, I could be wrong.

I actually have us at 7-5 this season.  Lose to TCU and go 4-4 in conference play.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 14, 2016, 05:06:54 pm
I actually have us at 7-5 this season.  Lose to TCU and go 4-4 in conference play.

I can see that, just ready to watch us and to start complaining about those complaining!

BornaHog

For the ones that are being pessimistic, go listen to HH at this link where he was talking to Paul Finebaum. Nothing like hearing it from someone who was there every day!   http://www.secsports.com/video/16208956/bielema-lessons-transcend-college     I personally believe we "could"  end up 12-0 in the regular season.

Austin has out performed Brandon at every level he has played and normally he has done it in less time. I am looking forward to the season and really hope that the O can catch up to the D by the fourth game and if it does, Katy bar the doors because the HOGS could have one of those special years!!!   

Am I saying they will be 12-0    NO,      do I hope they will be 12-0, Absolutely!  Realistically, I hoping 9-3 or 10-2 mainly because TCU is just the second game and it is going to be tight if the O doesn't gel in preseason.  But if, and this is a big, if the D is as good as it looked in the spring, and with the addition of some of the new players, they could be in the top 10 D's in the nation. They will shut down some really good offenses and hopefully TCU will be the first!

HH believes they are going to be really good and hopefully, since he was there every day, he knows a whole lot more than any of us. Well, there are a couple on here now that do have family on the team and hopefully they will set some of the nay sayers in their place when they start this year.  Good luck to the HOGS!!!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

HamSammich

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on June 14, 2016, 04:58:51 pm
People like you need to stop expecting whoever our coach is have 10 and 11 wins in his third and fourth year just because Scumbag Petrino did.

Thats ridiculous... If one man can do it... another can. I expect BB to WIN. And WIN NOW. Has absolutely nothing to do with petrino. If Jesus was our coach Id expect 10 wins year four or id want him fired. Nothing to do with petrino. Has everything to do with wanting to win and have the team I love on top.

I like CBB... I like his style. I like almost everything about his tenure (I question the assistant turnover) and I expect what he is doing will work. But people like you need to understand some other people are winners and expect to root for winners. There is no room for mediocrity for me.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Terryproy on June 14, 2016, 04:15:36 pm

So you set up a  poll , and then you don't choose one of your options? Interesting, it is June so l'll go with Frito pie.

go hogues

We'll be very lucky to notch six wins. Way too many questions and a brutal schedule.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: go hogues on June 14, 2016, 06:18:26 pm
We'll be very lucky to notch six wins. Way too many questions and a brutal schedule.

The last time I checked ALL teams in the SEC west have a brutal schedule and some questions.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bennyl08

Quote from: Terryproy on June 14, 2016, 04:15:36 pm

You say 8-4 but don't even list that as an option???
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on June 14, 2016, 04:35:28 pm

Bad poll. Very poorly constructed. To have a 5-7 option in there without any of the most likely choices is stupid.

Terry, are you associated with another commercial website?
[CENSORED]!

The_Hog_Father

What is wrong with some of you clowns? This is Uncle Terry... Try to pull your heads out of your collective asses and kick some else's dog. This is Devwah's Awesome franking Uncle that you are treating like trash. Wake. Up.

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 14, 2016, 06:22:58 pm
Bad poll. Very poorly constructed. To have a 5-7 option in there without any of the most likely choices is stupid.

Terry, are you associated with another commercial website?

Y'all are real hard on Uncle Terry.........

moto625

Pork Ranger

7-5

Is what it is but we just lost too much to do better than that.

hogcard1964

More of the same

8 wins

...However, I think the SEC West overall will take a bit of a step back and we finish 3rd.

moses_007

Quote from: go hogues on June 14, 2016, 06:18:26 pm
I agree.  Green quarterbacks and extremely green running backs don't add up to success in the win column.

3Scoreand10

Well this old expert does not see but 3 teams that may be better than the Hogs as of today.
But a lot can change between now and the day after Thanksgiving.

TheRazorback500

I'll stay optimistic for now. 7-5.   Woopig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

lahawg1

FWIW I have us going 6-6 to 9-3, all depends on breaks we get or give up.

Terryproy

I see some guys take a poll and life very seriously. It's just a poll which offers you a choice, either answer it or keep on scrolling . For you guys who just answered it, thanks. My prediction is 8-4.

AirForceHog

I voted 6-6. I am expecting a better record than that however, don't want to jinx it.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

HiggiePiggy

I'm looking at 8-4. I could see 10-2 looking at some of the teams we face if things go our way. 

Alabama is the only team I really can't see us beating until it happens.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawginbigd1

I view their optimistic, as being our realistic, and 11-1 being optimistic, and lastly 7-5 being pessimistic. :razorback:

SultanofSwine

Hopeful of 2 things, we stay healthy this year and steamroll game one on the OL. If the line gets going early and takes pressure off of Austin to have to carry the offense then 9 or 10 wins might be out of the question at all.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HamSammich on June 14, 2016, 05:35:26 pm
Thats ridiculous... If one man can do it... another can. I expect BB to WIN. And WIN NOW. Has absolutely nothing to do with petrino. If Jesus was our coach Id expect 10 wins year four or id want him fired. Nothing to do with petrino. Has everything to do with wanting to win and have the team I love on top.

I like CBB... I like his style. I like almost everything about his tenure (I question the assistant turnover) and I expect what he is doing will work. But people like you need to understand some other people are winners and expect to root for winners. There is no room for mediocrity for me.

Ten wins in year four or fired huh? Good luck getting any coach worth a crap to agree to that.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: HamSammich on June 14, 2016, 05:35:26 pm

go hogues

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 14, 2016, 06:20:04 pm
The last time I checked ALL teams in the SEC west have a brutal schedule and some questions.........................
Didn't say they didn't.

But we have more than all but maybe MSU.

From the list below, name me more than five sure wins? I think we beat LTU, TS, ALCORN, MSU, MIZZOU. If we get a sixth, I say the it's either TCU or Auburn.

LTU
@TCU
TS
@A$M
ALCORN
ALABAMA
OLE PISS
@AUBURN
FLORIDA
LSU
@MSU
@MIZZOU
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

PORKULATOR

It's high time we have a few GREAT YEARS.
9-3
hell maybe even 11-1.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: go hogues on June 14, 2016, 08:29:05 pm
Didn't say they didn't.

But we have more than all but maybe MSU.

From the list below, name me more than five sure wins? I think we beat LTU, TS, ALCORN, MSU, MIZZOU. If we get a sixth, I say the it's either TCU or Auburn.

LTU
@TCU
TS
@A$M
ALCORN
ALABAMA
OLE PISS
@AUBURN
FLORIDA
LSU
@MSU
@MIZZOU

Sure wins? 
LTU, TS, and Alcorn

Above 50% chance?
Texas A&M, Auburn, and Missouri

50% chance?
TCU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, and Florida

Less than 50% chance?
Alabama

So 8-4 9-3 is what I see.  So I am expecting for this year to be no less than 7 wins. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

rzrbackramsfan

I WANT us to go undefeated and win the national championship so bad that I think it might actually happen.

jgphillips3

I feel 8-4, 7-5 at worst.  Therefore, can't choose a poll option.