Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I got banned from Raiderpower.com for stating....

Started by razorjack12, September 14, 2014, 04:23:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjack12

That Kliff Kingsbury is in over his head, is too inexperienced, and that Techs program will go into decline as a result of making this hire.

While the jury is still out on how Bielema will do at Arkansas, I am so pleased that Jeff Long hired an EXPERIENCED coach who had a track record of WINNING at a major program.   Contrast this with Tech who hired a young guy with barely 5 years experience as an assistant.

Yesterdays game was mostly about experience at the coaching positions starting with Head Coach.   Think about it...Kingsbury and Bielema were hired at the same time.  The recruiting rankings for both schools are approximately the same.  And Kingsbury inherited a much better situation (Tech was 8-5 the year prior to his hire) whereas Bielema inherited a train wreck plagued with scandal, poor recruiting, and lots of turnover.

Despite the advantages Kingsbury had, Bielema brought his team into Lubbock and whipped the home team by 3 TDs. 

Arkansas is improving.
Texas Tech is regressing.
Thats coaching.

P.S.  I hope the folks who banned me at Raiderpower (for stating the obvious) know how much I enjoyed watching the prison wedding we gave them yesterday.

popcornhog

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 14, 2014, 04:23:44 pm
That Kliff Kingsbury is in over his head, is too inexperienced, and that Techs program will go into decline as a result of making this hire.

While the jury is still out on how Bielema will do at Arkansas, I am so pleased that Jeff Long hired an EXPERIENCED coach who had a track record of WINNING at a major program.   Contrast this with Tech who hired a young guy with barely 5 years experience as an assistant.

Yesterdays game was mostly about experience at the coaching positions starting with Head Coach.   Think about it...Kingsbury and Bielema were hired at the same time.  The recruiting rankings for both schools are approximately the same.  And Kingsbury inherited a much better situation (Tech was 8-5 the year prior to his hire) whereas Bielema inherited a train wreck plagued with scandal, poor recruiting, and lots of turnover.

Despite the advantages Kingsbury had, Bielema brought his team into Lubbock and whipped the home team by 3 TDs. 

Arkansas is improving.
Thats coaching.

P.S.  I hope the folks who banned me at Raiderpower (for stating the obvious) know how much I enjoyed watching the prison wedding we gave them yesterday.

Why would you join another team's board after we destroy them and talk about how bad their coach is?

Had they beat us by three scores and some TTU folks started saying bad things about Bielema here . . .
WPS

Lanny

Best way to be banned on a fan website it to diss their current coach, unless Nuttsac is coaching
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

razorjack12

Quote from: popcornhog on September 14, 2014, 04:27:25 pm
Why would you join another team's board after we destroy them and talk about how bad their coach is?

Had they beat us by three scores and some TTU folks started saying bad things about Bielema here . . .
Actually, I think this game was an important benchmark to gauge how both coaches are performing.   Bielema passed the test with flying colors.  Kingsbury gets an F.

Had we lost to Tech by 3 TDs in Fayetteville, I wouldn't be upset if a Red Raider fan asked if maybe Jeff Long made the wrong hire.  It would be a legit question.

razorjack12

Quote from: Lanny on September 14, 2014, 04:29:44 pm
Best way to be banned on a fan website it to diss their current coach, unless Nuttsac is coaching
Maybe, but I think it is fair game to question hiring a coach who only has 5 years experience as an assistant coach.

Most Head coaches spend years in the ranks of coaching before being given that opportunity.    And I don't see how a coach with as little inexperience as Kingsbury can be successful.

Mitch C

Arkansas is improving.
Thats coaching.

Wow!!!  I got banned too, but I was banned for posting a naked picture of myself.

razorbackkid

Man you should know you got to smoke a joint with someone right after you whip their butt before you start telling them you had sex with their mom and sister.

Gotta be subtle about stuff like that dude.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Mitch Cumstein on September 14, 2014, 04:32:37 pm
Wow!!!  I got banned too, but I was banned for posting a naked picture of myself.
lmao.  +1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Pig Worshipper

I think you are right about what you said, RazorJack, but that would be the wrong time and place to say it.

Also, I'll bet Kingsbury's budget for assistant coaches is just a tad bit different than Bielema's. Make no mistake, our assistant coaches, on the whole are very, very good.

CallThemHawgs!

HogWildBison2011

Arkansas is improving.
Thats coaching.

Don't feel too bad I joined that board weeks before our game and I was just trying to add depth & input to their conversations about the hog game. I was attacked with incest jokes and found out that their "reporter/mod" got 90% of his facts from Wikipedia and I called him out on it. And I then questioned the maturity of their fan base and got banned lol.  I didn't say anything offensive besides "amateur journalism".

twistitup

Their program has been in decline - KK can't hurt a thing. The Craig James /  Leach situation began the mess that is TT

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TMc

Quote from: popcornhog on September 14, 2014, 04:27:25 pm

Exactly, no one likes outsiders telling them about the problems they already know about.  We know how they feel.  I am relishing the fact, I see a football program on the rise out of the ashes again.  I don't care about someone else's problems.., that's their journey.

lefty08

Dont worry, I got banned from their site last week for defending our coach. Sure it pisses them off even more that what i said would happen did happen, and I didnt have to make fun of anyone to prove my point. Their moderators are too big of fanboys to moderate effectively, outsiders arent welcome
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Calling All Hogs

I hate it when we lose to a team and they come trolling, Sometimes it's under the guise of congratulating us on a good game just to have an underlining sense of smugness. Regardless, it is trolling.  I also hate all Auburn trolls year round regardless of the win-lose record.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Karma on September 14, 2014, 04:41:30 pm
You were trolling and got banned.

Karma speaks....I mean karma has spoken....nevermind.  :)

lefty08

Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

razorjack12

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on September 14, 2014, 04:37:11 pm
Don't feel too bad I joined that board weeks before our game and I was just trying to add depth & input to their conversations about the hog game. I was attacked with incest jokes and found out that their "reporter/mod" got 90% of his facts from Wikipedia and I called him out on it. And I then questioned the maturity of their fan base and got banned lol.  I didn't say anything offensive besides "amateur journalism".
Fans can be irrational.  Which can make sports fun - but also irritating.

I got hosed on this board last year when I said Arkansas would struggle in 2013.  I guess people believe what they want in face of overwhelming evidence.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Lanny on September 14, 2014, 04:29:44 pm

Really? Hogville doesn't seem to work this way.

(notOM)Rebel123

The Coach (kid) is cool....

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

razorjack12

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 14, 2014, 04:42:45 pm
I hate it when we lose to a team and they come trolling, Sometimes it's under the guise of congratulating us on a good game just to have an underlining sense of smugness. Regardless, it is trolling.  I also hate all Auburn trolls year round regardless of the win-lose record.
I actually wasn't trolling.

It was more that I am mystified that a major football program would hire a coach with little or no experience coaching.  It just doesn't make sense to me.

lefty08

Quote from: DawgTownHog on September 14, 2014, 04:48:10 pm
Really? Hogville doesn't seem to work this way.

Amen haha. Part of what makes this board better, we seem to take allcomers. The only thing that gets me are the ones who act like hog fans just to be negative. To me it isnt trolling at all if u dont act like u r a fan of the  home team

razorbackkid

chitwnhog

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 14, 2014, 04:49:35 pm

It was more that I am mystified that a major football program would hire a coach with little or no experience coaching.  It just doesn't make sense to me.

I believe it was more of an attempt by TT to get back the the "glory days" of Mike Leach. Kingsbury played for Leach at TT and set a lot of records there. As a coach his calling card is that he coached and mentored Johnny Football. He doesn't have a ton of experience/years coaching but he knew the Leach system and had worked for Sumlin.

chitwnhog

Quote from: lefty08 on September 14, 2014, 04:50:17 pm
Amen haha. Part of what makes this board better, we seem to take allcomers. The only thing that gets me are the ones who act like hog fans just to be negative. To me it isnt trolling at all if u dont act like u r a fan of the  home team

The trolls from other teams annoy me and the fact that they seem to be allowed to run rampant here annoys be also. Not my board not my decision. Even more annoying are the Hog "fans" who constantly post the leavings of a cow here and are allowed to continue...over and over and over and over again ad nauseum.

razorjack12

Quote from: DawgTownHog on September 14, 2014, 04:54:25 pm
I believe it was more of an attempt by TT to get back the the "glory days" of Mike Leach. Kingsbury played for Leach at TT and set a lot of records there. As a coach his calling card is that he coached and mentored Johnny Football. He doesn't have a ton of experience/years coaching but he knew the Leach system and had worked for Sumlin.
This is all true.

But it was a very, very risky hire.

Heck, Coach B has decades of experience, and we still don't know how his reign will turn out.   

popcornhog

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 14, 2014, 04:30:18 pm
  Actually, I think this game was an important benchmark to gauge how both coaches are performing.   Bielema passed the test with flying colors.  Kingsbury gets an F.

Had we lost to Tech by 3 TDs in Fayetteville, I wouldn't be upset if a Red Raider fan asked if maybe Jeff Long made the wrong hire.  It would be a legit question.

I agree insofar as KK failed. But for a fan of the winning team to discuss that in the game's aftermath? Poor form.
WPS

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

But he looks like a movie star and has dance offs....

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Porked Tongue

I wish we'd have banned all those that posted the same thoughts about our coach. 

Pigstie

Anyone who has the time to spend becoming a member of another team's msg board has way too much time on their hands.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 14, 2014, 05:06:16 pm
I wish we'd have banned all those that posted the same thoughts about our coach. 
I do as well.  Trolls of any kind suck.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Piggfoot

Glad the OP showed some class. That's what makes me be proud of our fans. Did you push a little ole lady down too? That would really be classy.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

lefty08

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 14, 2014, 05:34:18 pm
Glad the OP showed some class. That's what makes me be proud of our fans. Did you push a little ole lady down too? That would really be classy.

Irony is ironic

AnonymousHog

I'm friends with some Texas Tech fans and when Tommy left they were all wanting Kingsbury. They acted like the prodigal son came home when they hired him.

rljjr

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 14, 2014, 04:48:02 pm
  Fans can be irrational.  Which can make sports fun - but also irritating.

I got hosed on this board last year when I said Arkansas would struggle in 2013.  I guess people believe what they want in face of overwhelming evidence.

I find it isn't always WHAT a person says, but HOW they say it. In the case of your banning, you kicked them while they were down. Probably not the best move if you want to engage in civil debate. Now, if your intention was to flame, injure and otherwise just be a jerk, then you hit your mark, so bravo!

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Tigris Maximus

Arkansas is improving.
Thats coaching.

Shocking. </irony>

razorjack12

Quote from: rljjr on September 14, 2014, 05:54:59 pm
I find it isn't always WHAT a person says, but HOW they say it. In the case of your banning, you kicked them while they were down. Probably not the best move if you want to engage in civil debate. Now, if your intention was to flame, injure and otherwise just be a jerk, then you hit your mark, so bravo!
I did not intend the latter, but I am now pleased that this is how it came off.

razorjack12

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 14, 2014, 05:34:18 pm
Yep.  She was wearing a Raider T Shirt.  Felt I owed it to her.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Fayettechill14

How about we be a classier fanbase to tell other fans their coach sucks on their message board? Kingsbury is nothing but a nice guy. No reason for that whatsoever.

lefty08

Not speaking for the OP at all but it might stem from the things said about our coach. Still, we should be bigger people, though thats not always easy to do, especially on what is a public forum

PorkRinds

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 14, 2014, 06:43:42 pm
How about we be a classier fanbase to tell other fans their coach sucks on their message board? Kingsbury is nothing but a nice guy. No reason for that whatsoever.

+1. After watching the auburn trolls relentlessly troll our board and talk smack about every facet of our program, I can't stomach our fan base doing that to someone else's team. We should be classier than that. We know what it feels like to get gut punched and have people pile on. Then the first time we get a chance, some of you turn around and return the favor. Not a good look guys.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 14, 2014, 04:49:35 pm

In the early '80s Notre Dame hired a high school coach with 0 college coaching experience. It didn't end well.
KK may hang around mid-level Big 12 some. I'd be surprised if he does any more.
CBB gave him a lesson he'll never forget. Big Boy Football.

" GO HOGS "

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: lefty08 on September 14, 2014, 04:44:19 pm
Lucky for you we are more tolerant....

"We"?

First off, who is "we" are you including yourself among the moderating team? Because I am pretty sure no one knows who you are, especially those in charge.

Secondly, please explain what I have done to deserve being banned? I would love to hear you cite examples since you obviously feel I should no longer be on this board.

And dont say "Well, because, you are like... realistic man..."

SamBuckhart

Arkansas is improving.
Thats coaching.

I hope we give them a vow renewal in Fayetteville next year. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Porked Tongue

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 14, 2014, 07:03:24 pm
Secondly, please explain what I have done to deserve being banned? I would love to hear you cite examples since you obviously feel I should no longer be on this board.
You mean like your warning history(for player bashing) in 2014?  I know it exceeds zero.