Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Starting Lineup

Started by Hogs49ers, June 06, 2017, 03:04:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

So first off, I want to congratulate the players and the coaches on an amazing year and a helluva turnaround! It sure was fun to watch! 

Now I can hardly wait for next year, especially after some of the younger players have stepped up this year.  Fletcher has quickly become one of my favorite players after he slid through that LSU player in the SEC tourney and got up with swag and walked away with confidence that he had done nothing wrong.  Lee is going to be a stud and I really look forward to seeing what he does hitting game in and game out and as a pitcher.  Our outfield is going to be filthy!  Tons of great young pitchers that got a lot of good experience this year that I think have the potential to turn into great players!

So with some of y'all more in the know, what do y'all project our starting lineup to look like (assuming who is leaving)?  It would be nice to see everyone's 2 deep projections and top 5-6 pitchers in order.
SCREW Vandy!

TheJoeyBucketz

Agreed on Fletcher.

The kid has great hands at the plate. He put up great numbers in spite of having a bad habit of dropping his hands and dragging the bat head through the zone.

I look for the staff to have that completely fixed by next year. The sky is the limit for him then. A Benintendi type season wouldn't surprise me at all from him next year.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

JonClaudeVanHam

1. Biggers SS
2. Cole LF
3. Shaddy 2B
4. Fletcher CF
5. Koch C
6. Lee RF/DH
7. McFarland 1B
8. Kenley 3B
9. Williams/Turney DH/RF

Friday - Murphy
Saturday - Campbell
Sunday - Kopps
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

jry04

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on June 06, 2017, 07:25:12 am
1. Biggers SS
2. Cole LF
3. Shaddy 2B
4. Fletcher CF
5. Koch C
6. Lee RF/DH
7. McFarland 1B
8. Kenley 3B
9. Williams/Turney DH/RF

Friday - Murphy
Saturday - Campbell
Sunday - Kopps

I am thinking Gates or Hunter Wilson may play at 3rd. Wilson is the best defender, and was actually hitting over .300 at the time of his injury. I think Gates was just set back by his injury and never really could hit consistently. Kenley did have some big at bats, though.

I agree with you on Shaddy. Only chance he is drafted is if a team is looking for a signable player.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: jry04 on June 06, 2017, 07:39:28 am
I am thinking Gates or Hunter Wilson may play at 3rd. Wilson is the best defender, and was actually hitting over .300 at the time of his injury. I think Gates was just set back by his injury and never really could hit consistently. Kenley did have some big at bats, though.

I agree with you on Shaddy. Only chance he is drafted is if a team is looking for a signable player.

I heard a rumour that Gates was gone, but if he does return then I would pencil him in to DH while we see a platoon of Wilson and Kenley at 3B.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

Pig Papi

I would love to return the entire coaching staff.  The recruiting combination of Vitello and Johnson will be huge this offseason after the  season we just had.  Elander also was a key to the turnaround.

Hawgphish

We need to add a catcher who can catch the midweek games and spell Koch from time to time. 

dotnet

Quote from: Hawgphish on June 06, 2017, 08:54:28 am
We need to add a catcher who can catch the midweek games and spell Koch from time to time. 

There is a transfer who had to redshirt I believe.. Plus the freshman... this shouldn't be a problem

TebowHater

Is Shaddy for sure back? He retweeted these two tweets that seem to imply otherwise (though they also 100% could just be referring to this season). Note: Obviously, as we learned with Macon, tweets mean nothing. However, just was wondering if anyone had any info.

https://twitter.com/kelseyraeramsey/status/871951196168302592

https://twitter.com/alexbrignoni16/status/871936636426256384

RazorPiggie

I wouldn't think Shaddy would be going anywhere.

jry04

Quote from: TebowHater on June 06, 2017, 09:51:32 am
Is Shaddy for sure back? He retweeted these two tweets that seem to imply otherwise (though they also 100% could just be referring to this season). Note: Obviously, as we learned with Macon, tweets mean nothing. However, just was wondering if anyone had any info.

Shaddy could potentially get drafted for his ability to sign at a low number. Realistically, he isn't much of a pro prospect. He is a 4th year junior with an average bat, average arm, below average fielding (although he did improve), and average speed. He has quite a bit of pop for his size, but hit less than .280 as a junior in the middle of our lineup. He doesn't really have a position at the next level unless he drastically improves, which teams will not bank on considering he is already 22. If he returns for a 5th season he would be 23 for the next draft. I could see a team taking him to save money for other players, but as far as potential goes there isn't much there in terms of the MLB. I personally do not think he gets drafted, but I could definitely see how he may be a candidate to go to a team looking to save money.

BigBrandonAllenFan

These guys, like Gates for instance, that are not high draft picks, need to weigh the true importance of staying and gaining their degree.  The education is close to free (and fun) right now, and is of the utmost value in the long run.

I'm crossing my fingers that Blaine comes back.  I don't expect it, but I really hope for it.  As for Spanberger, I expect he is gone, but man he would be that major cog in the wheel next season.

FraggleHog

Isn't Spanberger an underclassman? I imagine he'll go to the draft... but he still has eligibility, correct?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on June 06, 2017, 11:14:38 am
These guys, like Gates for instance, that are not high draft picks, need to weigh the true importance of staying and gaining their degree.  The education is close to free (and fun) right now, and is of the utmost value in the long run.

For prime example, as I had written before, Isaiah Butch Morris is a personal friend, his wife and my wife were besties growing up.  When they came for a weekend here at our house, Isaiah's story is exactly a case of the need to get a degree first, play second.  Isaiah was drafted by Miami and traded to Detroit.  After 3 years in the NBA, Isaiah went to Europe to play.  He played 6 years in Europe, never making it back to the NBA.  When he came back to Fayetteville after his pro days, he went to Frank Broyles and asked for a job so he could finish his degree.  Frank gave him a job.  In Isaiah's exact words, "I went from playing basketball for a living to working in the custodial department at the U of A pushing a mop and broom so I could finish my degree.  It was a rude awakening."  Isaiah said if he had it do over again, he would have been in summer classes and finished his degree before playing pro, because now he had to work and go to school, and pay for his education.

Money combined with egocentricity can blind a young man's path.  It happens over and over in college sports.

jry04

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on June 06, 2017, 11:14:38 am

I'm crossing my fingers that Blaine comes back.  I don't expect it, but I really hope for it.  As for Spanberger, I expect he is gone, but man he would be that major cog in the wheel next season.
Their education really isn't that close to free if I had to imagine. I cannot imagine Gates getting anymore than 50% paid for. If Gates is drafted he needs to go, even if he doesn't plan on playing baseball long term. You are more likely to get a higher signing bonus as a junior than you are a senior. Gates and Shaddy, if drafted, could sign for $150,000 and stick it out for a little while in the minors and then come back in a few years to get their degree if they see they don't have a future in baseball, but at least they got that money for signing while they could. If they return their offer to sign as a senior would likely be $50,000>

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 06, 2017, 11:26:38 am
Isn't Spanberger an underclassman? I imagine he'll go to the draft... but he still has eligibility, correct?

Yes.  C-Span has 1 year of eligibility left.  We need to start a "Come back C-Span" thread.  Not that it would help, but it can't hurt.

jry04

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on June 06, 2017, 11:27:08 am
For prime example, as I had written before, Isaiah Butch Morris is a personal friend, his wife and my wife were besties growing up.  When they came for a weekend here at our house, Isaiah's story is exactly a case of the need to get a degree first, play second.  Isaiah was drafted by Miami and traded to Detroit.  After 3 years in the NBA, Isaiah went to Europe to play.  He played 6 years in Europe, never making it back to the NBA.  When he came back to Fayetteville after his pro days, he went to Frank Broyles and asked for a job so he could finish his degree.  Frank gave him a job.  In Isaiah's exact words, "I went from playing basketball for a living to working in the custodial department at the U of A pushing a mop and broom so I could finish my degree.  It was a rude awakening."  Isaiah said if he had it do over again, he would have been in summer classes and finished his degree before playing pro, because now he had to work and go to school.

Money combined with egocentricity can blind a young man's path.  It happens over and over in college sports.
NBA and MLB are completely different, though. He had a full ride in college, and he doesn't lose any leverage by returning to finish his degree. Shaddy, Gates, and co are paying to play here. If their family can afford it great, but regardless someone is paying for it either out of pocket or through loans. If you are a fringe draft pick or a low level prospect you should take the money when you can as a junior because the odds of you increasing that as a senior are slim to none.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: jry04 on June 06, 2017, 11:27:48 am
Their education really isn't that close to free if I had to imagine. I cannot imagine Gates getting anymore than 50% paid for. If Gates is drafted he needs to go, even if he doesn't plan on playing baseball long term. You are more likely to get a higher signing bonus as a junior than you are a senior. Gates and Shaddy, if drafted, could sign for $150,000 and stick it out for a little while in the minors and then come back in a few years to get their degree if they see they don't have a future in baseball, but at least they got that money for signing while they could. If they return their offer to sign as a senior would likely be $50,000>

And this is where the dilemma begins...

With taxes taken out, that 150G is closer to 100G in bring home.  That equates to about one single year of the average family's income.  Then, the chances of ever making it to the major league is only about one in five.

To sell out as a "hopeful" junior for a lousy 100G more is not a smart long term play.  Not in the least.  If you are good enough to play through the minors and make it to the major leagues, then you will be rewarded financially.  Doesn't matter if you came out as a junior or senior.  If you are in the cast of the 4 out of 5 that never make the majors, then you haven't really helped yourself selling out a year early for what amounts to a year's salary.  A degree at that point is much more valuable.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: jry04 on June 06, 2017, 11:32:38 am
NBA and MLB are completely different, though. He had a full ride in college, and he doesn't lose any leverage by returning to finish his degree. Shaddy, Gates, and co are paying to play here. If their family can afford it great, but regardless someone is paying for it either out of pocket or through loans. If you are a fringe draft pick or a low level prospect you should take the money when you can as a junior because the odds of you increasing that as a senior are slim to none.

I totally get your financial point, JRY. 

Thing is, if you could afford to send him there in the first place, you can find the means to afford a finishing year, complete with a degree. 

I just think that far too many college athletes do not understand the value of getting the degree first, playing second. In 9 of 10 cases, this is truth.

Knot2brite

From the people I know...Shaddy is gone...either he has the degree or he is close enough to be able to pick it up and he is wanting to start the next phase...pro careers in baseball are hard enough for kids just out of high school sometimes and the lesser known college kids have the clock ticking against them the longer they stay in school.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

jry04

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on June 06, 2017, 11:40:20 am
And this is where the dilemma begins...

With taxes taken out, that 150G is closer to 100G in bring home.  That equates to about one single year of the average family's income.  Then, the chances of ever making it to the major league is only about one in five.

To sell out as a "hopeful" junior for a lousy 100G more is not a smart long term play.  Not in the least.  If you are good enough to play through the minors and make it to the major leagues, then you will be rewarded financially.  Doesn't matter if you came out as a junior or senior.  If you are in the cast of the 4 out of 5 that never make the majors, then you haven't really helped yourself selling out a year early for what amounts to a year's salary.  A degree at that point is much more valuable.
I am not saying you have to take the money and go grind it out for 10 years in the minors. If you are offered that signing bonus, go play for a year or two and then go back and finish your degree with whatever is left in hand from your signing bonus. If staying to get your degree was such a wise choice in baseball you would see more seniors do it. Taco coming back was a big shocker for that reason. You may get drafted in the 17th round as a junior and get offered $150,000 to sign. Play for a year or two and quit and go back to school to get your degree with a lot more in the bank than most 24-25 year old have. If you return to college for a senior season you have your degree, but spent $5,000+ out of pocket for what is left after your scholarship, and you also probably get offered $10,000-50,000 to sign because your only other option is to go start a career outside of baseball.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 06, 2017, 12:00:59 pm
From the people I know...Shaddy is gone...either he has the degree or he is close enough to be able to pick it up and he is wanting to start the next phase...pro careers in baseball are hard enough for kids just out of high school sometimes and the lesser known college kids have the clock ticking against them the longer they stay in school.

If he gets drafted high enough I bet he will ...............................................................

be doing backflips!

Sorry couldn't resist.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

TebowHater

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 06, 2017, 12:00:59 pm

I seem to get this sense, too. Even if not the MLB, something else. That said, it seems weird that he would leave since he seemed to love playing here so much.

Knot2brite

Quote from: TebowHater on June 06, 2017, 12:21:41 pm
I seem to get this sense, too. Even if not the MLB, something else. That said, it seems weird that he would leave since he seemed to love playing here so much.
Every good thing has to end sometime...reality bites and life has to go on
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

311Hog

it seems college baseball really isn't geared around seniors.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: jry04 on June 06, 2017, 12:03:56 pm
Play for a year or two and quit and go back to school to get your degree with a lot more in the bank than most 24-25 year old have.

That is exactly the collective mindset that is detrimental in my assessment.

If they would/could bank their money, that would work great.  But there are living expenses that come on immediately.  I'd venture to say 4 out 5 of those do not actually bank enough to make a difference.  Especially if they start a family, or like to party too much, which many do.  My family income is in the 125G range, and with two kids, other than 403b contributions for savings, we live and pay bills paycheck to paycheck like most everyone else.

I'm just an "education first" kind of person.  Life experience has taught me that much.

BigBrandonAllenFan

June 06, 2017, 01:17:00 pm #26 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:37:16 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
Taco coming back was a big shocker for that reason.

All hail the Great Red Army mound general, Dominic Taccolini!!

His love for being a Razorback should be a shining example to all who wear the uniform.

And the great Taco also is leaving campus with his college degree.  Which is why you go to college in the first place.  Some kid's frontal cortex appear to develop a little earlier than others do.  Like Taco's did. 

Here is the scenario.  Taco stayed it out for a full 4 years, got his degree, and if his pro career is one of the 4 or 5 that do not take off, he can come right back home to Arkansas (I say home cause he's a true Hog) and he will have zero trouble landing a good paying career instantly.  There are hundreds of precedents.  That is the unwritten advantage of being a 4 year college athlete in any given area of the nation.  There are those that are taking note of you and assessing your drive and character.  Taco has good character.  Coming back for his degree proves his drive and resolve.  If I'm hiring, Taco's app goes to the top of my stack.  Anyone disagree?

Pig Papi

Taco struck out the side in his last inning as a Hog.  Gave us a chance to win.  I was proud of him.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Pig Papi on June 06, 2017, 01:19:41 pm
Taco struck out the side in his last inning as a Hog.  Gave us a chance to win.  I was proud of him.

You dang straight, Papi!

BigBrandonAllenFan

I am not saying you have to take the money and go grind it out for 10 years in the minors. If you are offered that signing bonus, go play for a year or two and then go back and finish your degree with whatever is left in hand from your signing bonus. If staying to get your degree was such a wise choice in baseball you would see more seniors do it. Taco coming back was a big shocker for that reason. You may get drafted in the 17th round as a junior and get offered $150,000 to sign. Play for a year or two and quit and go back to school to get your degree with a lot more in the bank than most 24-25 year old have. If you return to college for a senior season you have your degree, but spent $5,000+ out of pocket for what is left after your scholarship, and you also probably get offered $10,000-50,000 to sign because your only other option is to go start a career outside of baseball.

You know JRY, as I read through your post for the second time, (in which I'm usually trying to read between the lines), I sadly assess that our society has made it so much to be all about the "immediate economics" rather than thinking with the mindset that this young man has an average of about 60 more years to live and learn and prosper in life.  Is there really an existing hurry?  I would assess definitely not. 

PintailKiller

Having played professional baseball opens up doors for you. Look at someone like Bubba Carpenter - played for about 10 years in the minors and about 20 days in the Show.  Made north of $50,000 most of his time in AAA.  Professional baseball may only give you 1 shot, if you want it, you better take it.  You can always finish your degree online or once baseball is over.  I would tell a college kid to go pro almost every time if you want to continue to play.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Westcoasthog

I want to congratulate the whole team and the coaches for an outstanding year 2017.

jry04

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on June 06, 2017, 01:31:56 pm
You know JRY, as I read through your post for the second time, (in which I'm usually trying to read between the lines), I sadly assess that our society has made it so much to be all about the "immediate economics" rather than thinking with the mindset that this young man has an average of about 60 more years to live and learn and prosper in life.  Is there really an existing hurry?  I would assess definitely not. 
Every player who plays at the UA has dreams to play professionally. Not all of them succeed, but most do in some form or fashion. Why would anyone pass up the opportunity to make money off their talents that they invested 16+ years in? Nobody is saying a college degree is not important. I feel pretty confident a guy who plays college baseball at the UA will not have any issues getting a volunteer position with the Hogs or another major program where he can work for the team while also finishing his degree or pursuing another. You typically only have 3 paid staff members, while the others are continuing their education. You would rather stay and pay for your education for 1 more year and lose out on $50k-75k rather than take that extra money and still have an opportunity to continue your career? By the way, the former players who join as a student/graduate assistant get a FULL scholarship because they do not count as an athletic scholarship anymore, so you actually get your school paid for at that point.

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on June 06, 2017, 12:46:27 pm
That is exactly the collective mindset that is detrimental in my assessment.

If they would/could bank their money, that would work great.  But there are living expenses that come on immediately.  I'd venture to say 4 out 5 of those do not actually bank enough to make a difference.  Especially if they start a family, or like to party too much, which many do.  My family income is in the 125G range, and with two kids, other than 403b contributions for savings, we live and pay bills paycheck to paycheck like most everyone else.

I'm just an "education first" kind of person.  Life experience has taught me that much.
A kid can party with his degree and crap away that $45-60k entry level salary just as easy as he can that baseball salary. It is his own fault if he is unable to manage his money or control his urges to party. A player may not have to live paycheck to paycheck if they take as much money as they can when they can and get their degree for free later.

Rockhawg

1. LF - Cole
2. SS - Biggers
3. CF - Fletcher
4. C  - Koch
5. RF - Lee
6. 1B - McFarland
7. 3B - Kenley
8. DH - Turney
9. 2B - Williams

Fri. - Campbell
Sat. - Murphy
Sun. - Kopps
RHP Closer - Scroggins
LHP Closer - Cronin

jry04

Quote from: Rockhawg on June 06, 2017, 03:52:54 pm
1. LF - Cole
2. SS - Biggers
3. CF - Fletcher
4. C  - Koch
5. RF - Lee
6. 1B - McFarland
7. 3B - Kenley
8. DH - Turney
9. 2B - Williams

Fri. - Campbell
Sat. - Murphy
Sun. - Kopps
RHP Closer - Scroggins
LHP Closer - Cronin
Getting Turney and then having one of McFarland, Williams, Kenley making a huge jump 1-2 of our players always make will make this lineup great.

I really hope we get Tillo to campus. He will start with Campbell, and possibly provide a better Fri/Sat combo than Knight and Stephan did. According to various articles, McKinney is on schedule to be back by the start of the year, but may be on a strict pitch count early. Our bullpen should be great with Reindl, Cronin, McKinney, Scroggins, Loseke, Kopps, Heiss, Kostyshock, and Lee. That is assuming Campbell and Murphy are locked in as starters. Hopefully some of these studs make it to campus and add to an already good staff.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Pig Papi on June 06, 2017, 08:36:41 am
I would love to return the entire coaching staff.  The recruiting combination of Vitello and Johnson will be huge this offseason after the  season we just had.  Elander also was a key to the turnaround.

THIS ... this is the key no one is discussing. We know DVH will be here - Vitello has made no indications of leaving - but we need to do whatever we can to retain Johnson and Elander. Johnson's philosophy was the key to turning the pitching staff around and making Knight and Stephan into studs. Elander had such an effect on our hitting and his contribution to this year's success cannot be overstated. If at all possible we need to lock down these two long term. Do that and there will be a National Championship pad to add to the outfield wall sooner rather than later.

bulldog04

1. LF - Cole
2. SS - Biggers
3. CF - Fletcher
4. C  - Koch
5. RF - Lee
6. 1B - McFarland
7. 3B - Kenley
8. DH - Turney
9. 2B - Williams

Fri. - Campbell
Sat. - Murphy
Sun. - Kopps
RHP Closer - Scroggins
LHP Closer - Cronin
I expect this lineup but different order. Biggers and Cole swap and Turney towards the middle like 5th or 6th.  Koch in the 3 hole

dotnet

1. LF - Cole
2. SS - Biggers
3. CF - Fletcher
4. C  - Koch
5. RF - Lee
6. 1B - McFarland
7. 3B - Kenley
8. DH - Turney
9. 2B - Williams

That is six players, who I think will be at least as good as Fletcher/Cole were this year.  If 2017 Fletcher/Cole is your sixth best hitter, then you have a top five SEC lineup again. 

I am not confident that Williams or Kenley will be the answer at those positions.  I think there could be a second year player who makes a jump or a newcomer who produces. 

As far as the pitching, I've asked this before - why does everyone think Campbell will be back for next year?  Do we know that for sure or are we just guessing? 

If I had to rank pitchers in order of likelihood that they're in the rotation, the first two for me, by far, are Cronin and Lee.  I get the argument for Murphy also, but he was up and down this year (until up at the end).  With what Cronin and Lee showed in limited time, with the normal huge jump second year players make in college... I think they could be dominant next year. 

BroyledNutts

I really don't know anything about those redshirts who will start pitching next year, but there seems to be some big arms just waiting in the wings to get a shot ... can anyone enlighten us on what they may bring?

TebowHater

Why/how does anyone think Turney is going to come to campus? Would be HUGE but isn't he projected to go top 100 in the draft?

BroyledNutts

Quote from: TebowHater on June 06, 2017, 06:26:34 pm
Why/how does anyone think Turney is going to come to campus? Would be HUGE but isn't he projected to go top 100 in the draft?

UCA's 2017 draft thread indicates Turney is listed at 126 in Baseball America's top 200 ... it may be tough to get him here, unless a dollar amount agreement can't be reached...

cypress rock

What about McKinney? Is he done?

SPAL

Quote from: TebowHater on June 06, 2017, 09:51:32 am

Nobody knows for sure man....jry and I have both been in agreement it would be most likely that he comes back just because we don't think he is really marketable as a pro.

But I've heard from a couple of people today that he is gone. So, it would appear that I was wrong.

tophawg19

i'm wondering where the big bats are going to come from? who will be our best hitters? the guy we can count on to come up big ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Kevin

If shaddy wants to be play the most baseball he can, he should come back
If just playing at any level of pro ball no matter how long is his goal then go

I think the same thing about Luke Bonfield.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SPAL

Quote from: TebowHater on June 06, 2017, 06:26:34 pm

I don't expect to see him in Fayetteville

SPAL

1. LF - Cole
2. SS - Biggers
3. CF - Fletcher
4. C  - Koch
5. RF - Lee
6. 1B - McFarland
7. 3B - Kenley
8. DH - Turney
9. 2B - Williams

Fri. - Campbell
Sat. - Murphy
Sun. - Kopps
RHP Closer - Scroggins
LHP Closer - Cronin

I think this is pretty indicative of who will be available next year, outside of Turney.

Scott7703

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 06, 2017, 10:26:06 pm
I don't expect to see him in Fayetteville

Heard he is similar to Bonfield as far as the money he wants. Could go either way.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 06, 2017, 10:29:31 pm
I think this is pretty indicative of who will be available next year, outside of Turney.

I hope Keaton McKinney comes back from injury well too.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: jry04 on June 06, 2017, 03:59:08 pm
Our bullpen should be great with Reindl, Cronin, McKinney, Scroggins, Loseke, Kopps, Heiss, Kostyshock, and Lee. That is assuming Campbell and Murphy are locked in as starters. Hopefully some of these studs make it to campus and add to an already good staff.
That's what I'm really excited about. For most of this year, our pen was our biggest liability and the reason i never thought we'd make it to Omaha. Then they really stepped up in the SEC tournament, and i got my hopes up. I think our pen could be filthy next year. If our starters are deep, then look out. And even though we all enjoyed the home run barrage this year, it's pitching that gets you to Omaha.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol