Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shorter

Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 28, 2013, 10:46:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

According to twitter, he's on his way back up to the Hill! I honestly believe come Aug. 3 he will be a Hog. I mean he constantly comes up here not to mention his brother now plays. I think in the end that will be the deciding factor for him.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

goshog

man you're quick, was just about to post this. But it's his cousin that plays here, dj dean i think.

Tim Harris

So whats the tweet?  I don't follow him or know what his twitter id is.

870hogfan

Quote from: goshog on July 28, 2013, 10:48:27 am
man you're quick, was just about to post this. But it's his cousin that plays here, dj dean i think.

It is him.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 28, 2013, 10:51:36 am

Said he was " on my way to the Hills!! #WPS"",  I read a retweet, his twitter is protected.

Hawgzinbowlz

Come on up to the hill young man.

Our offensive line will open the holes.

DJ says "hey cuz".

" GO HOGS "

booogaga

Is he just up here to hang with friends or is it an un official.
GO HOGS!

GrizzlyRider07

Ok thanks for the correction. I knew it was some type of kin lol, but yeah I follow him on twitter so I seen it right when it popped up! Hopefully this builds well for us!!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.

GrizzlyRider07

I don't believe it's a unofficial but I could be wrong but I believe one of his teammates is also coming with him as well!!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.

immahog

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on July 28, 2013, 11:02:46 am
I don't believe it's a unofficial but I could be wrong but I believe one of his teammates is also coming with him as well!!

Anybody know who his teammate is?
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

TeedupHigh

Both of these guys will be STUDS when it is all said and done. 

hogwild210

Quote from: TeedupHigh on July 28, 2013, 11:41:29 am
How many of you was upset when DJ committed to the HOGS?  It was a lot more than was happy.....Both of these guys will be STUDS when it is all said and done.

...where did that come from?
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

dumbdude479

July 28, 2013, 11:53:48 am #12 Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:06:51 pm by dumbdude479
 I was 80% sure he was aTm bound, but I'm more 50/50 after this news. WPS!!! Hope we get this guy.

deedster84

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 28, 2013, 10:51:36 am
DreamChaser ‏@Xx_QuickSix_xX Protected account 1h

On my way to the hills!! #wps 🐗

deedster84

Guess this guy is coming with him.

Dream_€haser2 ‏@HolmesTanner 2h

Arkansas with my bro. #WPS🏈 @Xx_QuickSix_xX

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: deedster84 on July 28, 2013, 12:17:21 pm
Guess this guy is coming with him.

Dream_€haser2 ‏@HolmesTanner 2h

Arkansas with my bro. #WPS @Xx_QuickSix_xX
Looks like that same friend gave Shorter a Hog phone cover....
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hawgvillain

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on July 28, 2013, 11:02:46 am
In my book, any visit that isn't an official visit is an unofficial.  Do you have a different definition?

GrizzlyRider07

I just thought on an unofficial they still get some type of good treatment as far as being a recruit. But I will take that back as far as not being an unofficial because of the fact that his teammate is a prospect and is probably coming to check it out as well
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.

ImHogginIt

Official visits cannot be made until the opening day of class senior year.

deedster84

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on July 28, 2013, 12:32:16 pm
I just thought on an unofficial they still get some type of good treatment as far as being a recruit. But I will take that back as far as not being an unofficial because of the fact that his teammate is a prospect and is probably coming to check it out as well
I believe on an unofficial, everything is paid for by the recruit theirself. Except their meals. On an official, the school furnishes everything. Travel, room, and meals.

Break & Run

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 28, 2013, 12:37:29 pm
Official visits cannot be made until the opening day of class senior year.

I think that rule was changed last year to wear rising Seniors can take OV as long as their grades are on track to graduate.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

booogaga

Unfortunately we are not his last visit. I think I read h eis visiting Texas on Friday.
GO HOGS!

mmhogs17

Quote from: booogaga on July 28, 2013, 01:00:15 pm
Unfortunately we are not his last visit. I think I read h eis visiting Texas on Friday.

He visited Texas yesterday.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Since he's announcing in like 5 days, any chance he's giving the coaches a silent commitment?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: The Mafia on July 28, 2013, 12:51:58 pm
I think that rule was changed last year to wear rising Seniors can take OV as long as their grades are on track to graduate.

It is still the same for hs seniors. They can take all the unofficials they want throughout hs but can only take officials after their classes for sr year begin

Cure

I believe he is aTm bound. Fayetteville is a good place to kick it for a couple if days if you know someone.

As far as visits go, you want to take them and check out other places. The pressure(no matter who creates it) to commit is where the problem lies.  60-40 Aggy
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

The Boar War

Quote from: Cure on July 28, 2013, 01:12:56 pm
I believe he is aTm bound. Fayetteville is a good place to kick it for a couple if days if you know someone.

As far as visits go, you want to take them and check out other places. The pressure(no matter who creates it) to commit is where the problem lies.  60-40 Aggy

I enjoy Fayetteville as much as the next guy but 8 hours is a long drive just to hang out.

Cure

Quote from: The Boar War on July 28, 2013, 01:23:13 pm
I enjoy Fayetteville as much as the next guy but 8 hours is a long drive just to hang out.
You'd be surprised.
Team Economics

GrizzlyRider07

I too believe he make give a silent commitment to the coaches possibly when he gets there and will just announce it publicly on the 3rd. I just don't believe regardless of family or not and especially on a Sunday, if your from a different state especially Texas, you don't drive all the way to Fayetteville just to "kick it". The kid continues to come here constantly, I just don't feel like if a kid knows he's going somewhere else he doesn't continue to come down here OUT HIS OWN POCKET just to hang out even with family. I know if it was me I wouldn't waste my time or money!!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.

Cure

Quote from: twistitup on July 28, 2013, 01:29:05 pm
If it's for some tail....he will drive 8
We have a winner.
Team Economics

870hogfan

Quote from: Cure on July 28, 2013, 01:12:56 pm

We will see where he goes. Pretty sure he is visiting the coaches and to see the new facility.

Speedracer

Pretty valid argument there
Like smites bother me.

Scott7703

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 28, 2013, 01:37:36 pm

We will see where he goes. Pretty sure he is visiting the coaches and to see the new facility.

I think 870 is onto something. Would be nice to get this guys commitment.

Hawkinsas

If he has some tail and a family member in Fayetteville, Arkansas has a solid shot at getting a commitment

tophawg19

if that's the case he would go to aggieland . aggie cheerleaders may give tail too
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

mmhogs17

redeye

Unlike you guys, I won't venture to make a guess, but all the "experts' have been predicting A&M and that includes the Otis.

ZERO

Quote from: twistitup on July 28, 2013, 02:36:34 pm
You've never been on a road trip for some tail?

Not eight hours, but I wouldn't put it past me.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

whosiskid

Quote from: redeye on July 28, 2013, 02:37:11 pm
Unlike you guys, I won't venture to make a guess, but all the "experts' have been predicting A&M and that includes the Otis.

I'm in wait and see mode on this one, but I would like to see what RD or Otis have to say about this. I didn't see anyone report this.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

deedster84

Quote from: twistitup on July 28, 2013, 02:34:03 pm
Their cheerleaders are men. Are you trying to scare recruits away?

Chasing tail on the hill is worlds better than chasing buzz cut ' chicks' in South Texas.

Don't ask, don't tell.

redeye

Quote from: whosiskid on July 28, 2013, 02:40:38 pm
I'm in wait and see mode on this one, but I would like to see what RD or Otis have to say about this. I didn't see anyone report this.

I'm in wait and see mode with all recruits, no matter who says what, but look in the crystal ball predictions on 247 and you'll see Otis' prediction on the 21st.

MH04

So is he visiting UT or aTm on friday?

SPAL

Quote from: Cure on July 28, 2013, 01:32:20 pm
We have a winner.

Lmao at the notion that a high profile, stud athlete has to drive 8 hours to get tail. There is plenty just as good, much closer. He isn't here for "tail"...lmao

jjdlc

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 28, 2013, 02:22:58 pm
if that's the case he would go to aggieland . aggie cheerleaders may give tail too

Aggie cheerleaders may have tails.

Cure

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 28, 2013, 03:40:18 pm
Lmao at the notion that a high profile, stud athlete has to drive 8 hours to get tail. There is plenty just as good, much closer. He isn't here for "tail"...lmao
Who said he had to?

1) He has a cousin on the Hill that will be playing for the Razorbacks. What do you think these kids visit for? Just to see the facilities and faces that they've seen before?

-- As many Twitter threads that you'll find in the recruiting forum, I'm sure you've seen them continually chat it up with the coeds.

2) He's still a kid and at that age, your mind is programmed.

3) Fayetteville is known for several reasons, one being implied, especially if you play for the Razorbacks or you're being recruited.

Road trips for it happen all the time, definitely if you can find a friend or friends to ride along. The added bonus is that you already know someone on the team and that comes with the territory. But hey..what do I know.  ;)

Apologies to the fathers.
Team Economics

Pork Twain

Quote from: The Mafia on July 28, 2013, 12:51:58 pm
I would hate to wear one of these seniors.  I bet they are all heavy.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

samurai

Quote from: redeye on July 28, 2013, 02:37:11 pm
Otis expert?????????  Im watching RD not Otis

Seebs

Quote from: Cure on July 28, 2013, 01:32:20 pm
We have a winner.

John Cusack agrees -

[attachment deleted by admin]
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 28, 2013, 03:40:18 pm

It's not why he's here but it's certainly a plus
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.