Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret’s house for sale

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, March 15, 2018, 11:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

sickboy

Good gracious, that looks like a castle. My house in California cost about the same and it looks something like this:

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 11:09:46 pm
Good gracious, that looks like a castle. My house in California cost about the same and it looks something like this:

Looks like something a teenager from Iowa would build.

sickboy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 15, 2018, 11:15:44 pm
Looks like something a teenager from Iowa would build.

That's close to what my house looks like. A tiny home in Iowa. Less snow. One more bathroom. Mayyyyyybe.

nwahogfan1

I wonder if it means he has a job to go to.

sickboy

radar

Is it any wonder why these guys who are treated to this lavish lifestyle lose the will to put in the work to be successful? It takes a special person who truly loves the profession to continue to excel.

Tejano Jawg

Nice, but I'd want bigger trees.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jchill

Quote from: radar on March 16, 2018, 12:52:30 am
Is it any wonder why these guys who are treated to this lavish lifestyle lose the will to put in the work to be successful? It takes a special person who truly loves the profession to continue to excel.

I agree. I mentioned that in another post. He probably thought he was doing the right things, but lost that edge.

sickboy

Warren Buffet man. He knows what's up. The more lavis the lifestyle, the more you lose focus on what really matters.

Torqued pork

They're probably not in a rush to sell considering his going away present. The job has its perks.

kp72204

I picked wrong career. I'm jealous wouldn't Even describe what I just witnessed. I'd be happy just having the hog emblem in my garage.

LZH

I see the big Razorback gate in the garage. Wonder why they took it down, I'm sure he isn't taking it with him.

Add: Good grief, have you watched the video? The place looks like fake Tudor and 60's Las Vegas had a bad acid trip together. It's dark and depressing....I'd wanna drink, too.

B501

Quote from: LZH on March 16, 2018, 03:55:55 am
Add: Good grief, have you watched the video? The place looks like fake Tudor and 60's Las Vegas had a bad acid trip together. It's dark and depressing....I'd wanna drink, too.

tacky

LZH

(notOM)Rebel123

MultipleScoreGasms

Hate to take a personal swipe, but I spit my coffee on the screen when I saw the exercise equipment.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on March 16, 2018, 06:24:25 am
Hate to take a personal swipe, but I spit my coffee on the screen when I saw the exercise equipment.

I must say that I chuckled a bit myself.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 16, 2018, 06:37:15 am
I must say that I chuckled a bit myself.

Probably would have gotten more exercise if the refrigerator was upstairs.

hamsam

Lol. Me too. Former HC is rumored to have said, "Where is that room?" when reviewing that pic from the realty co.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

hamsam

Quote from: LZH on March 16, 2018, 03:55:55 am
I see the big Razorback gate in the garage. Wonder why they took it down, I'm sure he isn't taking it with him.

I agree. I'd have to spend a cool million to remodel the inside. Doesn't seem to match the outside at all. JMO
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Redhogs

Quote from: sickboy on March 16, 2018, 12:11:50 am
I'd guess so.
If not, bet he's moving to FL. where he can wear flip flops everyday...the one thing he's good at... $3 million per SEC win, enjoy the photos and let that sink in.  What a fraud this "nice guy"was.  :puke: :puke:
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

twistitup

F the house - people like that crap? You spend so much time working to pay for the shiite that you don't have time to enjoy it. That *** place looks depressing and doesn't have much character.

On another note, I bet his farts and belches echoed - and he loved it. For me, there is no need for the sheetrock castle...

but this - I'll take....

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hoglady

The interior is pretty sterile for me - not much of a home feel to it from the video.

Got to say though I love the back area - patio, pool, hot tub.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 11:09:46 pm

In San Jose, CA yours would be much more expensive.............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

To each his own but that's cold and depressing.  In that house boys wear shorts with suspenders, bow ties and sailors caps while girls wear Easter dresses everyday.   Absolutely no running, jumping or sliding down bannister rails.  Just cold and desolation!  If I were going to spend in the millions it would be a "real" estate with 100 plus acres, lake(s), woods, probably a log house with lots of rock.  House doesn't have to be extra special just warm and inviting.  Some four wheelers with mud trails on the back of the property.  Some horses and other odd critters some tame some not.  If I were going to have a full time employee it would be a gardener and me and him would grow squash and okra!

Mr. Porkleone

Already bought house in Florida and living there. Plus it's close to Jens dad who has had some health issues.

pigiron66

I like the workout room. You know all the equipment is in unused condition. Not like Bert ever used it while living there.

Pig in the Pokey

wine cabinet was fully stocked.
my god thats a lot of shoes for a fat guy that prefers flips.
bed doesnt look big enough.
love the back porch.
most millionaire'd-out baby nursery ever.
I did notice they had tp AND wet wipes. nice. most of y'all are some dingleberry totin nasty asses. Kudos, Bert.

Just think, guys, we bought him TWENTY TWO of these.....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

micali

Talk about living high "off" the hog.  The exercise equipment was a nice touch though.

Not even if I had the money to live there would I do it. Just a simple man with simple tastes. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: micali on March 16, 2018, 08:36:35 am
Talk about living high "off" the hog.  The exercise equipment was a nice touch though.

Not even if I had the money to live there would I do it. Just a simple man with simple tastes.
same. even with my three kids it's way too big and empty
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

oldhawg

It was for Jenn.

Polecat

Considering the buyout he received, that house should be placed in a lottery for season ticket holders to win for having to endure losing football
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

sowmonella

I think it is a beautiful house. I would love to come home to something like that every day.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on March 16, 2018, 09:39:52 am
I think it is a beautiful house. I would love to come home to something like that every day.

It's a nice home, for a second house.

hawganatic

It takes a special person and a true love of the profession to even get to that type of situation.  It's not like Bret came out of the womb predestined to be a college football head coach.

Dark Helmet Hog

Everyone should know that stuff was for Jen.

riccoar

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 16, 2018, 12:53:34 am
Nice, but I'd want bigger trees.
And if I own a house that large, I really don't want to be able to see the neighbors from my back yard.

247Hog

Why in the world would anyone want to go to Dickson St. with a wife, baby and house like that waiting at home for you?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hogcards

LOL

Interesting thread.

I may have seen this somewhere else yesterday.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

DEVIL DOG HOG

Since they have already moved to Florida, I would bet that the reality company had the house staged. The furniture and exercise equipment dose not go with the house.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hogcards

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 16, 2018, 11:31:05 am
Since they have already moved to Florida, I would bet that the reality company had the house staged. The furniture and exercise equipment dose not go with the house.

Not surprisingly, the exercise room is very small.   ;)
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

lechon

Quote from: riccoar on March 16, 2018, 11:08:44 am
And if I own a house that large, I really don't want to be able to see the neighbors from my back yard.

If you could see Jen swimming in the buff ya might
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

SooieGeneris

It's "nice" but not for me. As some have said it seems sterile and unlived in. Maybe appropriate for a guy who likely spent so little time there. I like parts of it, the salt water pool, hot tub etc. but I'd want more and bigger trees and a much bigger fence. It's a wonder some wacko on here didn't get caught peeping in a window..

The wine cabinet was full but no sign of Tito's, Bert's drink of choice I hear. Was that a bear skin rug by the front door? If so, hopefully there are no pictures of Bert on it hurtling around in cyber space..

That bathtub? No way Bert's body fits in that without water all over the floor, although I would bet he turned it into a jacuzzi more than once.. if he ever cannon balled into that pool, the neighbor's cars would get a free washing.

As for the bathrooms having TP and wet wipes, they thought of putting in a bidet for Bert but the city wouldn't allow a fire hydrant inside the house..

To sum up, it's "better" and a lot more pricey than what most of us live in, myself included, but nothing I would sell my soul for. I am content with mine and knowing I did my job well enough to earn it without being grossly overpaid for services rendered..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

jkstock04

A lot of what is tacky is the decoration/design of the inside.. Id say the interior designer of that place is an inch away from cutting his/her ear off. Awful awful taste.

I'd like to know what type of person would buy that place as it is on the inside if given the choice? They would have to come from somewhere other than Arkansas.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Razorfox

For those of you saying it's sterile, you do realize it's not being lived in, right?  Haven't you ever been to a model home before, they are always like that. 

That being said, I think most people, unless you are even richer than him, would probably take a house like that in a heart beat. 

The only issue I saw was the lack of mature trees in the yard, which is a common issue with newer houses. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Razorfox on March 16, 2018, 01:51:21 pm
For those of you saying it's sterile, you do realize it's not being lived in, right?  Haven't you ever been to a model home before, they are always like that. 

That being said, I think most people, unless you are even richer than him, would probably take a house like that in a heart beat. 

The only issue I saw was the lack of mature trees in the yard, which is a common issue with newer houses. 
"Take it" if given away? Sure!!! Buy it like that or as is on the inside? No chance. I agree though in that I'm doubtful that's what it looked like when they lived there.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogcards

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 16, 2018, 01:49:59 pm
A lot of what is tacky is the decoration/design of the inside.. Id say the interior designer of that place is an inch away from cutting his/her ear off. Awful awful taste.

I'd like to know what type of person would buy that place as it is on the inside if given the choice? They would have to come from somewhere other than Arkansas.

The patio area was nice.  Just try to imagine what Bert did out there and how he amused himself.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

buldozer

That house is a great example of why he should have been fired earlier..... his head was a lot bigger than any accomplishment he has ever had or ever will have in the future. He was a loser with a big head

twistitup

Quote from: buldozer on March 16, 2018, 04:37:47 pm
That house is a great example of why he should have been fired earlier..... his head was a lot bigger than any accomplishment he has ever had or ever will have in the future. He was a loser with a big head

He should have just lived in the Dickson St apt full time. Close to work, have the wife and kid there....music around the corner, nightlife - waayyyy less upkeep than the big house

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....