Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poking the Bear

Started by twistitup, December 17, 2017, 06:52:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HoggusMaximus

I like the fact that he is offering but Alabama offered him also so it might be song shot

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 17, 2017, 07:07:41 pm
I like the fact that he is offering but Alabama offered him also so it might be song shot

Song shot or long shot, if you never take the shot you have no chance
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

jimmiewkersh

According to the article, "Tyson, a 6-4, 210-pound pro-style QB, is a four-star prospect in the class of 2019 (per 247Sports' composite rankings) who is uncommitted but has scholarship offers from several Power 5 programs — just not Alabama . . . "

CCM has either a great since of humor, or an incredibly large set of titanium huevos!

OLEJACKETFAN

Last year at SMU, Chad offered Dabo son. While still at SMU this year Chad offered Venables. :) :)

redeye

The article actually says that Alabama has not offered, but I see that 247 disagrees.

HogFanOSU

I think CCM is making a statement that no one anywhere is off limits to us.

bphi11ips

You never get what you don't ask for.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on December 17, 2017, 07:15:10 pm

damn auto correct

Hawgzinbowlz

Go for it. CCMs actions speak for themselves.

" GO HOGS "

31to6

That HS is loaded. Arkansas connections. Gotta like the move.

The story said this QB offer was for the 10th rated QB in Alabama.  Does anyone really believe there are 9 better rated QBs in Alabama than some random 4 star.  That doesn't sound correct.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: 12247 on December 17, 2017, 08:43:37 pm
The story said this QB offer was for the 10th rated QB in Alabama.  Does anyone really believe there are 9 better rated QBs in Alabama than some random 4 star.  That doesn't sound correct.
Says 10th rated prospect, not quarterback prospect.

pigmania

Don't think for a second that Gus didn't help Josh Floyd get that job and use him to funnel players to Auburn. Good to see Chad bust right in there and offer 5 kids at that school. Think he's sending Gus a message.

Tusker4life

I think it would be awesome for a descendant of the Bear to lead his grand fathers home state school. Being a distant cousin to the Bear myself I am not to fond of him for coaching Bama, but that would be very ironic if his grandson was to come home so to speak..

Quote from: twistitup on December 17, 2017, 06:52:12 pm
CCM is not scared to poke the Bear

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/arkansas-football-recruiting-bear-bryant-grandson-chad-morris-alabama-paul-tyson-qb/ok5riiqowr7p1h9offccyd2pq
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WJBilly

Quote from: jimmiewkersh on December 17, 2017, 07:18:23 pm
According to the article, "Tyson, a 6-4, 210-pound pro-style QB, is a four-star prospect in the class of 2019 (per 247Sports' composite rankings) who is uncommitted but has scholarship offers from several Power 5 programs — just not Alabama . . . "

CCM has either a great since of humor, or an incredibly large set of titanium huevos!
Eggs?

David†

I thought this was going to be a thread about Douglas.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

IronMountainHog

Quote from: David† on December 17, 2017, 09:10:52 pm
I thought this was going to be a thread about Douglas.
Poking the Bear, that's what she said.

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Mjs84

Quote from: redeye on December 17, 2017, 07:25:25 pm
The article actually says that Alabama has not offered, but I see that 247 disagrees.

ESPN had an article saying Bama had offered.  No mention of Hogs, but I also saw both teams on 247. 

JaketheSnake

Different article said Bama offered preferred walk-on spot or gray shirt.  Been a couple days since I saw that.  Not going to link or look it back up!

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 17, 2017, 07:53:27 pm
You never get what you don't ask for.
And, if you are married, you still won't get it. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

jimmiewkersh

Quote from: WJBilly on December 17, 2017, 09:10:04 pm
Eggs?
I lived in New Mexico for two years.  Besides, trying to keep it PG rated.

It was always funny when I ordered huevos rancheros.  Me being a white guy from the South ordering in my southern dialect a Mexican dish 20 miles from the Mexican border.  Gotta love America.  Best part of working there for two years is calling the hogs during my job interview.  The boss was a former catcher in the 1970's for Norm DeBriyn.   and we called the hogs right in the middle of the interview and the other people in the room thought we were crazy.  I got the job because I was a HOG fan.

bphi11ips

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 18, 2017, 04:28:18 am
And, if you are married, you still won't get it. 

Be careful what you ask for.

BearsBisonsBoars

Just make sure it's not your swan shot.

DeltaBoy

Good move by Coach Morriss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Atlhogfan1

Relieved to see Morris recruiting the Southeast still and not completely obsessing over Texas, Ok and Ark as many of our fans are. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 18, 2017, 10:03:21 am
Relieved to see Morris recruiting the Southeast still and not completely obsessing over Texas, Ok and Ark as many of our fans are. 

Talking about reestablishing Arkansas's natural recruiting territory is not the same as suggesting we avoid everywhere else.  CCM obviously developed relationships in four years at Clemson that he can do more with at Arkansas than he did with at SMU. 

Would you rather beat TCU, Texas and Oklahoma for a DFW player or Western Kentucky and Southern Miss for a player from Alabama?  The best players willing to go to Arkansas and fill a position of need is the only question.

FraggleHog

Quote from: 31to6 on December 17, 2017, 08:38:59 pm
That HS is loaded. Arkansas connections. Gotta like the move.

When I saw all the offers come across last week from that HS, I saw the name Josh Floyd. Initially I didn't make the connection, but it all makes sense now. Ronnie Floyd's son, ex Shiloh Christian HC. Gus may have helped him get the job, and his allegiance to Gus may outweigh his Arkansas roots... but I do know that his wife and her family are all huge Hog fans. Maybe CCM can get some traction down there, but it will be tough sledding in 'Bama and Auburn's back yard.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

twistitup

CCM doing what CBB wouldn't do ....high energy recruiting

goodguytex

Quote from: twistitup on December 18, 2017, 01:47:13 pm
Bielema started trying to. But his big name recruiters like Partridge, Pittman,Shannon, even Chaney, who had  at least been coaching at different teams in the SEC, and even coached Drew Brees. etc...kind of went elsewhere. And I think the replacements just didn't have relationships built up with HS coaches in hotbeds of recruiting in the best areas of the country.

It may be a pretty good selling point for KA to go to a Kid in a home and say hey! I worked on a staff for an NFL club! I'll help get you there! But he was never an NFL online coach. Really, not hardly any of Bielemas assistants had ties or relationships built up with HS coaches in areas of the country we need to be recruiting hard except for Michael Smith and Lunney.

During Bielemas last 2 years, those people were about the best recruiters we had.

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on December 18, 2017, 01:47:13 pm

If Bielema wasn't high enough energy, then Petrino's energy must have been approaching absolute zero.

I would tell you to check out the offer lists and stars of players we signed, much less offered, under Nutt, Petrino, and Bielema, but then that would require you to stop trolling and put in effort.

Recruiting under Bielema was not the issue. The issue was in-game coaching and then the last season and a half loss of the locker room.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Billy Bats

This.  Recruit every talented, fast kid in the country.  It's 2017.  You get paid millions of dollars.  Scour every HS and JUCO roster in the country.  Make a case.  Go find talent.  Go.  Run.  Drink Red Bull.  Fly with your wings and go get some studs.  Right now. 

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 18, 2017, 05:44:00 pm
If Bielema wasn't high enough energy, then Petrino's energy must have been approaching absolute zero.

I would tell you to check out the offer lists and stars of players we signed, much less offered, under Nutt, Petrino, and Bielema, but then that would require you to stop trolling and put in effort.

Recruiting under Bielema was not the issue. The issue was in-game coaching and then the last season and a half loss of the locker room.

#uncommon response Benny

His player development, staff retention, and game mgmt was absolute Shiite

Obviously, his player eval was not great either

CBB had very little energy compared to CCM...who cares about CBP and his energy level- you can quit bringing him up now, thanks.

Glad we have CCM, I wish Tito the best

pigture perfect

Give him back Fordyce if he wants it. Just get him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on December 18, 2017, 06:00:54 pm
#uncommon response Benny

His player development, staff retention, and game mgmt was absolute Shiite

Obviously, his player eval was not great either

CBB had very little energy compared to CCM...who cares about CBP and his energy level- you can quit bringing him up now, thanks.

Glad we have CCM, I wish Tito the best

The NFL certainly disagrees with you and they get paid a lot more than I do.

His staff retention was low, but until the last couple hires, his staff evaluation was quite good. Most everyone who has left has either gone on to coach in the playoffs or upgraded their position name.

Game management was very bad.

NFL also disagrees with your assessment of his player evaluation as do a lot of top 25 programs not to mention top 10 programs based on the extensive offer lists of the recruits we've signed.

CBB had very little emotion on the field during game days. However, we haven't experienced this much success in recruiting and talent to work with in decades. That we've had so much success on the recruiting trail against top programs and similarly so much success in players being drafted to the NFL just goes to show how good recruiting, eval, and development were which magnifies even more so how bad the game day coaching was to have had such little success there.

Until somebody comes along and does better than Petrino, his time here will be what all other coaches at Arkansas are judged by as it was the last time we were a big time program. If Morris takes us to those same heights, then every coach after will be compared to Morris until such a time as Morris' achievements are matched or surpassed.

I'm glad we have a knew coach and that Bielema is no longer our coach. Morris' resume isn't very impressive, but I wish him the best and will support the hogs no matter what and will support Morris until such a time as there is strong evidence that he won't get the job done here.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 18, 2017, 06:41:24 pm
The NFL certainly disagrees with you and they get paid a lot more than I do.

His staff retention was low, but until the last couple hires, his staff evaluation was quite good. Most everyone who has left has either gone on to coach in the playoffs or upgraded their position name.

Game management was very bad.

NFL also disagrees with your assessment of his player evaluation as do a lot of top 25 programs not to mention top 10 programs based on the extensive offer lists of the recruits we've signed.

CBB had very little emotion on the field during game days. However, we haven't experienced this much success in recruiting and talent to work with in decades. That we've had so much success on the recruiting trail against top programs and similarly so much success in players being drafted to the NFL just goes to show how good recruiting, eval, and development were which magnifies even more so how bad the game day coaching was to have had such little success there.

Until somebody comes along and does better than Petrino, his time here will be what all other coaches at Arkansas are judged by as it was the last time we were a big time program. If Morris takes us to those same heights, then every coach after will be compared to Morris until such a time as Morris' achievements are matched or surpassed.

I'm glad we have a knew coach and that Bielema is no longer our coach. Morris' resume isn't very impressive, but I wish him the best and will support the hogs no matter what and will support Morris until such a time as there is strong evidence that he won't get the job done here.

CBB was a failure as a head coach - blame it on what you want, crown him 'developer of NFL talent' if you like - but I disagree.

His job was to evaluate, recruit, develop, and WIN GAMES

He failed miserably.

CBP did most of the above but failed miserably on a personal level...nobody cares about the past. Time to move forward.

CCM is playing a style of football that is very attractive to top notch recruits - CBB...not so much. He played a style that didn't place enough emphasis on SPEED - speed kills, we didn't have it and got killed.

Glad to be in a new situation. Good luck to big fella....hopefully he focuses on his health

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on December 18, 2017, 06:46:51 pm
CBB was a failure as a head coach - blame it on what you want, crown him 'developer of NFL talent' if you like - but I disagree.

How on earth do you disagree with that? This isn't like asking if you agree that some food tastes good where the answer is subjective. Heck, it's not even an objective measure that requires complicated thinking. It's literally just counting. Do you disagree that 5>3?

The only schools in the SEC to have more players drafted than Arkansas were Bama, UGA, UF, and LSU. We churned out more NFL players than even Auburn and the aggies. That's not an opinion, those are the facts.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-team-nfl-draft-picks-past-5-years/

QuoteHis job was to evaluate, recruit, develop, and WIN GAMES

He failed miserably.

He failed mediocrally. Never did get get over the hump. Lost the locker room this last year. Game set and match. Fire him, hire somebody new.

QuoteCBP did most of the above but failed miserably on a personal level...nobody cares about the past. Time to move forward.

If you don't know about the past you won't move forward in the future.

QuoteCCM is playing a style of football that is very attractive to top notch recruits - CBB...not so much. He played a style that didn't place enough emphasis on SPEED - speed kills, we didn't have it and got killed.

Glad to be in a new situation. Good luck to big fella....hopefully he focuses on his health

Speed will get you what Oregon got. With speed, you have a better chance against teams that you are better than or close to in talent but you stand even less of a chance against teams that are better than you. With power, you get what we had with Bielema in 2014. You play closer against teams that are even better than you but also closer against teams that you are better than.

CCM's style is less attractive to virtually every top notch defensive recruit. Further, HS recruits who have their eyes set on the NFL are going to prefer to go to pro style offenses that will prepare them for the NFL over playing in the same type of offense they played in HS. Those that want to be groomed for the NFL are typically the top notch prospects as well. But don't take my word on it. 7 of the top 10 recruiting classes per 247 run pro style offenses.

Now, maybe Morris incorporates more pro-style elements into his offense here. The guy only has 8 years of total experience in the college game so he is still extremely green as a coach. For example, Petrino ran a pro style offense while here via the power spread. Will Morris run something similar or will he use more of a TTU/WSU/Ore/Aub type of offense? Nobody really knows.

Bacons Rebellion

That's great. We're going to offer him. He's going to be driving to Fayetteville for his official visit. The Norks are going to attack Hawaii, and he's going to turn around and go join the navy.

twistitup

Benny we haven't had a top 10 defense since when? Top notch defensive players are hard to recruit to the hill for some reason...so we need to score in bunches and HOPE to field a decent D

CCM is recruiting speed and I agree w his approach...can't wait to see the results

....now we need to land Bear's Grandson!

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on December 18, 2017, 07:46:48 pm
Benny we haven't had a top 10 defense since when? Top notch defensive players are hard to recruit to the hill for some reason...so we need to score in bunches and HOPE to field a decent D

CCM is recruiting speed and I agree w his approach...can't wait to see the results

....now we need to land Bear's Grandson!

Literally only been 3 seasons

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 18, 2017, 08:00:14 pm
Literally only been 3 seasons

Link to national D rankings past 10 years?

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on December 18, 2017, 10:06:54 pm
Link to national D rankings past 10 years?

http://www.cfbstats.com

You honestly don't remember what happened literally just 3 years ago? Flowers, Philon, Spaight, and Mitchel?

Sad.

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 19, 2017, 07:37:57 pm
http://www.cfbstats.com

You honestly don't remember what happened literally just 3 years ago? Flowers, Philon, Spaight, and Mitchel?

Sad.

One season- not a trend. Typically our defense is not SEC caliber. One or two players...maybe, but we lack talent, speed and size on that side of the ball... been that way for years.

I thought CBB was a defensive guru- guess not

twistitup