Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs No. 25 IN CBS Poll

Started by TexArkHogFan, December 17, 2017, 10:59:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TexArkHogFan

Hogs cracked the CBS 25 Plus 1 poll, barely.  Came in at No. 25
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

razorhead94

I believe Hogs will finally be ranked this week.  Several teams lost this weekend.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Arkygrocer

A welcome return to the top 25 and hopefully just another milestone along the way to a great season. WPS!

3of5-2

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

micali

Regardless of the lost to HU this team deserves to be in the top 25.

razorhead94

Quote from: micali on December 17, 2017, 12:44:12 pm
Regardless of the lost to HU this team deserves to be in the top 25.

Agree.  I think it was more of by how many than the loss itself.  Houston is a top 100 RPI team however

sadhogfan

I don't think we were ever ranked last year; did we ever crack the Top 25 three years ago?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: sadhogfan on December 17, 2017, 01:39:39 pm
I don't think we were ever ranked last year; did we ever crack the Top 25 three years ago?
we were ranked 18 for a while 3 years ago
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

JayHog

A always see a bunch of people say "I don't want is to be rank. I would rather us stay hungry".
Then those same people will say they want to see us get a 4 or 5 seed.
But the reality is that in order for us to get a 4 seed, we need to be ranked in the top 25, and stay ranked for most of the season.

carolinahogger

Quote from: JayHog on December 17, 2017, 02:15:52 pm
A always see a bunch of people say "I don't want is to be rank. I would rather us stay hungry".
But the reality is that in order for us to get a 4 seed, we need to be ranked in the top 25, and stay ranked for most of the season.

I want us to be ranked preseason #1, and end with the same ranking.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: carolinahogger on December 17, 2017, 02:21:33 pm
I want us to be ranked preseason #1, and end with the same ranking.
+1000
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

cardsNhogs

razorhead94

Quote from: JayHog on December 17, 2017, 02:15:52 pm

Selection committee doesn't go off AP/Cosches top 25.  RPI, SOS and record are more important.  Top 25 in RPI is huge.  Hogs are currently 10.

Being ranked is just icing on the cake.

Kevin McPherson

We're basically one-third of the way through the college hoops season, and the Hogs (8-2) are No. 8 in RPI, No. 24 in ESPN's BPI, No. 24 in ESPN's Power Rankings, and No. 25 in CBS Sports' Top 25 ... AP Top 25 & USA Today Coaches' Top 25 will both be updated Monday!

FWIW, the 27-win team 3 seasons ago was ranked for more than half of the season, and that team finished No. 20 in the coaches' poll and No. 21 in AP.

Last year's 26-win team should have been ranked, IMO, but lack of repsect for the SEC hurt them. Getting 3 teams to the Elite Eight, plus Hogs' battle with eventual national champ UNC, illustrated that the league was better than most believed.

I think this team will be ranked soon. If not tommorow they will be in a week from tomorrow.