Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs defense

Started by Hogball58, October 22, 2017, 12:16:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogball58

What could be the cause of this poor showing week after week ? Speed? Out of position? I'm leaning towards practice. Watching our offense, the receivers fall down for no apparent reason. How many yac do our running backs get?

rude1

Lack of speed and no defensive identity. Sure we know about the great switch to the 3-4 defense, but what is our identity defensively? Are we an attacking defense that's going to sell out to make plays? Are we a bend but don't break defense that's going to cover the field cautiously and test your patience to methodically work it down the field by not giving you the big play? Are we a defense that's going to emphasize stopping the run and make you beat us through the air? The truth is we have no identity as a defense, we take nothing away from an offense and we aren't particularly good at any phase of defense.

HoggyCat

"We don't have the horses"
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

jm

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 22, 2017, 12:22:03 pm
"We don't have the horses"
We said the same thing when we had flowers, spaight, and philon. We have top 25 recruiting classes but it isnt reflected in the performance of the team. Im not even talking about wins and losses, just the qay we play. That is a direct correlation of our coaching staff ability
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

buldozer

There have been times when the defense steps up and plays pretty good.... then they will just let go of the rope for a quarter. It's lack of motivation IMO