Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why should Razorback Nation be any different.......

Started by SemperFi, October 22, 2017, 10:28:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

.....than any other fanbase in the SEC? Why shouldn't our expectations be for our Hogs to be SEC Champions? If you're not planning and recruiting and coaching for an SECC then what are you planning and recruiting and coaching for? What are all the facility upgrades and the stadium expansion for? Why should we settle for anything less than what Bama fans expect from their team. If we settle for 2nd or 3rd or last place then what does that say about us?

I have read and continue to read that we should be happy with 7 or 8 wins a year. That our criticism of Jeff Long for how he is running the Athletic dept is misplaced and that this is why our fan base is viewed so discouragingly. If we settle for 2nd best then that's all you'll ever get. That, my friends, is a loser mentality. Anyone that settles and never strives to be the best is someone that is just happy to be called a participant. Congratulations, you just earned a trophy!

Jeff Long's vision of the UA does not coincide with the vision of the fanbase that supports the UA, so it's time to part ways. Bret Bielema is obviously the wrong guy and will never be able to compete in the SEC, because he doesn't know how to. This is year 5 and we're no better today than we were the day that he took over as head hog promising us an SECC.

Are we going to be a contender or are we going to remain a pretender? It's time to draw that line in the sand and either stand up for our beloved Razorbacks or just continue to sit on our hands and be content with our participation trophy. I have never been happy with the pretender role and want to be a contender. Expect more and that's what we'll receive. Expect less and the results of yesterday's game will be what we see year in and year out.

My point is, we need to stop all the devisive commentary and we need to demand better by whatever means necessary. This can only be accomplished by being a united front.

Semper Fi!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SemperFi on October 22, 2017, 10:28:56 am
.....than any other fanbase in the SEC? Why shouldn't our expectations be for our Hogs to be SEC Champions? If you're not planning and recruiting and coaching for an SECC then what are you planning and recruiting and coaching for? What are all the facility upgrades and the stadium expansion for? Why should we settle for anything less than what Bama fans expect from their team. If we settle for 2nd or 3rd or last place then what does that say about us?

I have read and continue to read that we should be happy with 7 or 8 wins a year. That our criticism of Jeff Long for how he is running the Athletic dept is misplaced and that this is why our fan base is viewed so discouragingly. If we settle for 2nd best then that's all you'll ever get. That, my friends, is a loser mentality. Anyone that settles and never strives to be the best is someone that is just happy to be called a participant. Congratulations, you just earned a trophy!

Jeff Long's vision of the UA does not coincide with the vision of the fanbase that supports the UA, so it's time to part ways. Bret Bielema is obviously the wrong guy and will never be able to compete in the SEC, because he doesn't know how to. This is year 5 and we're no better today than we were the day that he took over as head hog promising us an SECC.

Are we going to be a contender or are we going to remain a pretender? It's time to draw that line in the sand and either stand up for our beloved Razorbacks or just continue to sit on our hands and be content with our participation trophy. I have never been happy with the pretender role and want to be a contender. Expect more and that's what we'll receive. Expect less and the results of yesterday's game will be what we see year in and year out.

My point is, we need to stop all the devisive commentary and we need to demand better by whatever means necessary. This can only be accomplished by being a united front.

Semper Fi!
A lot of great points. Tried to make some of the same arguments a couple of days ago. However, ole rice pig apparently thinks that actually expecting far better from our team and especially CBB and staff, is somehow outrageous and unfair. He tried to use the smoke screen that the real "powers that be" such as the BOT, Chancellor and of course Long, have decided that the non football factors should far outweigh the actual on field performance (cough, cough) and record. As such we, the average fan, have no real say or influence (nor should we) and therefore should know our places and just shut up, show up for the games, and accept whatever crapola we see week in and week out.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 22, 2017, 12:38:27 pm
A lot of great points. Tried to make some of the same arguments a couple of days ago. However, ole rice pig apparently thinks that actually expecting far better from our team and especially CBB and staff, is somehow outrageous and unfair. He tried to use the smoke screen that the real "powers that be" such as the BOT, Chancellor and of course Long, have decided that the non football factors should far outweigh the actual on field performance (cough, cough) and record. As such we, the average fan, have no real say or influence (nor should we) and therefore should know our places and just shut up, show up for the games, and accept whatever crapola we see week in and week out.
Look those guys(the Jeffies) are just a few in number. They have short witty answers to support the PTB. Its who puts them up to being on here and posting 40,000 posts to the effect of what you just described. No matter how much those few come on here and post the way they do just remember,don't let them get to you. That's what they're put here to do. Its what the propaganda machine is all about. Really want some change. Stop giving and buying tickets,hats,T shirts....

We had a 2-4 team going into last nite yet there was 71,000+ paid attendance. Even this will take time. You can google every member of the BOT. Let them know(in a nice way) that you think our leadership,Chancellor/AD , is atrocious. the record under Long is 31-45 I think, Bielema is 10-27.