Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The #1 Reason CBB Should Be Fired After Last Night = Fake Injury

Started by TebowHater, October 22, 2017, 10:05:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

is the Fake Injury. That was just disgusting. I don't care who you are playing, do not stoop to Gus's classless level. It was very fitting that that little stunt cost us a TD because our whole team wasn't even ready for the snap as we were pointing at the "hurt" guy (Agim). Happened right after we gave up the 50 yard pass play on the WR screen on a 3rd and 11 and gave them their first TD.

https://youtu.be/qu9keizj0AM?t=12m21s

Not to mention the fact we called for the fake injury because we only had 9 players on the field...almost as embarrassing as the fake injury.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TebowHater on October 22, 2017, 10:05:46 am
is the Fake Injury. That was just disgusting. I don't care who you are playing, do not stoop to Gus's classless level. It was very fitting that that little stunt cost us a TD because our whole team wasn't even ready for the snap as we were pointing at the "hurt" guy (Agim). Happened right after we gave up the 50 yard pass play on the WR screen on a 3rd and 11 and gave them their first TD.

No. Need to defend Agim a little.  Ball should not have been made ready for play.  SEC officials overzealous.  Kirby and Saban should raise hell before their games.

Like Bobby did in the ACC.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nunesmagician.com/platform/amp/2016/9/7/12839976/not-so-fast-bobby-acc-official-says-chains-do-not-have-to-be-set-pre-snap-louisville-syracuse
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Not to mention the fact we called for the fake injury because we only had 9 players on the field...almost as embarrassing as the fake injury.

We only had 9 men on the field. Agim was probably the only one who realized it was trying to get the play stopped.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

TebowHater

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 10:09:45 am
We only had 9 men on the field. Agim was probably the only one who realized it was trying to get the play stopped.

Watch the whole team start pointing. It was clearly a signal they all received and/or (more likely) a contingency put in place pregame. You can def see Agim counting before he falls, I will give you that.

To be clear, no offense to Agim - solely CBB.

007 License To Squeal

I thought it looked suspicious last night, but now , after seeing the replay.......i am disgusted that Bellyma would stoop to such a level......
GET HIS BIG BELLY OUT OF HERE!!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

farmhawg

Sad that he is that classless, maybe some of you will stop being so erotic in your defense of dumpling.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TebowHater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3iJ0dfBV7o

Look at how CBB liked it when Auburn did it. At least Auburn succeeded in executing it.

Atlhogfan1

Don't know about classless.  It seemed like an equally absurd response to what AU did last night and the officials allowed.  Don't know of any coach who wouldn't have lost it over that situation with the ball being made ready for play as it was last night.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TebowHater

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 10:20:15 am
Don't know about classless.  It seemed like an equally absurd response to what AU did and the officials allowed.  Don't know of any coach who wouldn't have lost it over that situation.

He absolutely should have lost it when AU did it. To then stoop to their level in retaliations makes you even below them. I think most would agree it was classless by Gus. Us doing it response is even worse.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TebowHater on October 22, 2017, 10:21:25 am
He absolutely should have lost it when AU did it. To then stoop to their level in retaliations makes you even below them. I think most would agree it was classless by Gus. Us doing it response is even worse.

Wasn't referring to the earlier incident.  It wasn't in retaliation.  More like desperation. 

theFlyingHog

Looked to me like something Agim did on his own while the coaches were trying to catch their breath

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TebowHater on October 22, 2017, 10:10:34 am
Watch the whole team start pointing. It was clearly a signal they all received and/or (more likely) a contingency put in place pregame. You can def see Agim counting before he falls, I will give you that.

I was at the game so didn't see the replay.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 22, 2017, 10:22:48 am
Looked to me like something Agim did on his own while the coaches were trying to catch their breath

It could have very well been planned.  Still believe the officiating crew forced the situation. 

farmhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 10:22:39 am
Wasn't referring to the earlier incident.  It wasn't in retaliation.  More like desperation. 
He had a time-out he failed to use, piss poor game management cost us that td. All on Brett.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hoggish1

I agree.  Let auburn do that schight.  We/BB should know better. 

Kevin

agim knew our coaches had their head up their butts on player personnel. he was trying to stop the action to get 11 men on the field.

program right now is a Chinese fire drill, can you still say that
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TebowHater

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 22, 2017, 10:22:48 am

Don't disagree - you can see him counting the players pre fall. But I would be shocked if there wasn't a contingency in place pregame. In fact, I would venture to guess Agim was picked because of his laceration on his knee. I would not be surprised if CBB told the officials pregame - "keep an eye on #3, he has a laceration with stitches that may come un done." He is notorious (not a bad thing - just something he regularly does) for doing this - from when we have fake punts, to tackle eligible, to when we are going to go hurry up without subbing (i.e., last week when the refs still gave Bama time).

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: farmhawg on October 22, 2017, 10:25:51 am
He had a time-out he failed to use, piss poor game management cost us that td. All on Brett.

Lol. Shouldn't be put in that position early in first qtr by offiating crew.  Bash away.  Bret deserves most of it. 

theFlyingHog

Don't they have to wait until the chains are set to put the ball in play? The commentators even said the chains weren't set

TebowHater

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 10:27:27 am
Lol. Shouldn't be put in that position early in first qtr by offiating crew.  Bash away.  Bret deserves most of it.

What did they do?

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 22, 2017, 10:27:56 am
Don't they have to wait until the chains are set to put the ball in play? The commentators even said the chains weren't set

Not sure if this is a joke making fun of Petrino, but no, hasn't been a rule for a while.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 22, 2017, 10:27:56 am

ACC crew told Bobby no when he asked about Syracuse.  But the box marking the new line of scrimmage is to be set.  In our case they only waited for officials to be in place.

Swinesong1

Do you guys ONLY watch Hog football?  What he did is a common practice when facing hurry-up (now called tempo) offenses.  If the offense doesn't substitute, the defense doesn't have time to substitute and officials don't have to give them time to do so.  So, instead of wasting a TO, players are coached to fake an injury in hopes the official will stop play.  Our defender tried and failed.   He waited too late. 

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 22, 2017, 10:36:23 am
Do you guys ONLY watch Hog football?  What he did is a common practice when facing hurry-up (now called tempo) offenses.  If the offense doesn't substitute, the defense doesn't have time to substitute and officials don't have to give them time to do so.  So, instead of wasting a TO, players are coached to fake an injury in hopes the official will stop play.  Our defender tried and failed.   He waited too late. 

Common practice?  Please.....It is a classless ploy...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ShadowTheHedgehog

Should call a timeout.

(notOM)Rebel123

kp72204

I think if a player is injured he should have to be out 5-10 plays. However, they'd just teach the weakest player(or easiest to replace)  to do drop. That would stop the fake injuries.

Swinesong1

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: kp72204 on October 22, 2017, 12:05:51 pm
I think if a player is injured he should have to be out 5-10 plays. However, they'd just teach the weakest player(or easiest to replace)  to do drop. That would stop the fake injuries.

I think the officials should at least wait till the chain is in place on the line of scrimmage.   Doesn't have to be stretched yet. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: farmhawg on October 22, 2017, 10:16:06 am
Sad that he is that classless, maybe some of you will stop being so erotic in your defense of dumpling.

..."Why Johnny Tyler! You're madcap!!"
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 10:08:09 am
No. Need to defend Agim a little.  Ball should not have been made ready for play.  SEC officials overzealous.  Kirby and Saban should raise hell before their games.

Like Bobby did in the ACC.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nunesmagician.com/platform/amp/2016/9/7/12839976/not-so-fast-bobby-acc-official-says-chains-do-not-have-to-be-set-pre-snap-louisville-syracuse
Even talking about CBP at this point is just plain stupid..this program is now incomplete and utter shambles..so sad. Thanks Bert!!
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

(notOM)Rebel123

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Redhogs on October 22, 2017, 01:02:34 pm
Even talking about CBP at this point is just plain stupid..this program is now incomplete and utter shambles..so sad. Thanks Bert!!

....your reply....was...plain irrelevant as CBP....was only brought up....because he was involved in one of the most recent....conversations involving an example of....happened....last night....troll on....under your different screen names....

depressed_fan

I've got a thought on this. The play before they gave up that long bubble screen or whatever you call it. The were winded and could not get in position. Notice how quick Agim gets up and tries to get into the play then throws his hands in the air. Then notice how a couple other guys look frustrated in the endzone.

The question is, who's fault is that play? It looked like those players actually cared. I couldn't tell about most the other ones. Who is Agim and the other players with their hands on their hips looking at on the sideline? Did they want the coach to call a time out? You can't keep wasting time outs for things like that can you? I don't understand how thats good football? Did someone miss a call? were they angry some players did get in the game to sub fast enough? There was frustration from the defensive players directed at something on the sideline. I'm curious to know what it was.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: depressed_fan on October 22, 2017, 01:40:06 pm
I've got a thought on this. The play before they gave up that long bubble screen or whatever you call it. The were winded and could not get in position. Notice how quick Agim gets up and tries to get into the play then throws his hands in the air. Then notice how a couple other guys look frustrated in the endzone.

The question is, who's fault is that play? It looked like those players actually cared. I couldn't tell about most the other ones. Who is Agim and the other players with their hands on their hips looking at on the sideline? Did they want the coach to call a time out? You can't keep wasting time outs for things like that can you? I don't understand how thats good football? Did someone miss a call? were they angry some players did get in the game to sub fast enough? There was frustration from the defensive players directed at something on the sideline. I'm curious to know what it was.

It's really simple. Agim knew they only had 9 so he attempted to get the game stopped with a fake injury.  It didn't work. So he went to the sidelines pissed at everyone for being lousy.

When you carry a timeout into the half it's essentially wasted at that point because   they don't carry over to the second half.

HOGINTENNESSEE

The Kig

Quote from: TebowHater on October 22, 2017, 10:10:34 am

To be clear, you're a moron.  Agim recognized that they didn't have enough players on the field and did something smart to try to give them some time.  Barn was going to score because we only had 9 on the field...

Bert should be fired for many things, including not making sure there were enough players on the field... but claiming that he orchestrated a fake injury as the #1 reason to fire him may be one of the dumbest reasons I have heard so far. 
Poker Porker

Locutus_of_Boar

Nah, Agim was playing the "Possum" position in Paul Rhodes 3-3-3 "Ole!" defense.

(notOM)Rebel123

depressed_fan

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on October 22, 2017, 01:53:35 pm
It's really simple. Agim knew they only had 9 so he attempted to get the game stopped with a fake injury.  It didn't work. So he went to the sidelines pissed at everyone for being lousy.

When you carry a timeout into the half it's essentially wasted at that point because   they don't carry over to the second half.

I understand what Agim was doing but that was only 4 minutes into the game. Ideally you don't want to use a time out for that circumstance b/c you have to figure it's going to keep happening b/c that's how Auburn plays. You'd like to have your time outs for other strategies and stoppages such as 30 seconds left and your trying to stop the clock and score before half. If the refs screwed it up then they screwed it up, but I didn't know if they did. If that's not the case then the DC didn't have the team prepared

PorkRinds

I feel like this is way down on the list of reasons CBB should be fired.  Not winning is the #1.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 22, 2017, 02:40:30 pm
I feel like this is way down on the list of reasons CBB should be fired.  Not winning is the #1.
Certainly couldn't have said it better myself. Yep, you know it's well beyond "toast" time when you can't even get the correct number of kids on the field.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 22, 2017, 02:44:03 pm
Certainly couldn't have said it better myself. Yep, you know it's well beyond "toast" time when you can't even get the correct number of kids on the field.

A lot of teams get flagged for too many men on the field, and occasionally you'll see a team with only 10 men on the field, but 9? Geez.

hogcard1964

It was another embarrassment. 

moses_007

ThisTeetsTaken

Don't like the fact that he was speaking out against the HUNH offenses for the sake of players health but now that he's on the verge of being fired it's all well and good for our players.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

majestic

Not to mention he immediately got up and tried to make a tackle. That was just pitiful.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 22, 2017, 02:40:30 pm

That's what I was thinking.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 02:46:52 pm
A lot of teams get flagged for too many men on the field, and occasionally you'll see a team with only 10 men on the field, but 9? Geez.
We learned about ole Bret by now: always trying to do one better. ;)

solitons

No, that's called a strategy, brother

PonderinHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 22, 2017, 07:50:57 pm
We learned about ole Bret by now: always trying to do one better. ;)
Trying to do more with less, less with more, less with less ???