Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hope Bielema stays...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 20, 2017, 10:35:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 21, 2017, 12:38:22 am
Tougher schedule. New qb. New OL. Nothing about next year will be easier than this year.

Next year will be our easiest schedule since 2011. QB will now have atleast two games starting experience and Oline replaces one player (of course that one player is the only guy we have that can play)

The Boar War

Quote from: jst01 on October 21, 2017, 06:44:55 am
I look forward to the embarrassing loss tonight so these irrational hopeful B.B. lovers just stop with the fake belief.

I think the last three weeks have proven that losses aren't what motivates this section of the fan base. 

What would another loss to Auburn prove to you?  I already believe he won't get it done so a loss means nothing to me.  Same thing with the people who believe he will get it done.  A loss means nothing because they've already formed their belief.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 20, 2017, 10:35:12 pm
I would like to see what he and the staff can do with these freshmen next year.  We have some good talent.   I don't think that getting rid of our coach and starting over is much of a solution right now.  I am not so sure that magic coach is out there that will come to Arkansas and have us playing for national championships every year.  Arkansas is a tough place to win.

Under Bielema,  we have had some good wins against LSU,  Ole Miss,  Auburn,  Miss State, Tennessee,  Texas,  Texas Tech, TCU, Missouri,  Kansas State and so forth.  I would like to see him and the staff further develop the talent we have. 

Bielema has already shown what he will do with the freshman next year. He will put some weight on them. Slow them down. Have them grossly unprepared to run our offensive or defensive schemes. 

menehune

Quote from: presidenthog on October 20, 2017, 11:18:41 pm
He is a loser. Great coaches are not stubborn and married to a failing system. Great coaches adapt and change. Come up with original ideas, and solutions on thier own.

Bert has been told how to do everything his entire career and we are now seeing we hired a yes man who has no answers or solutions on his own.

His time management and lack of in game adjustments drive me nuts, but to say he is married to a system is not a fair assessment.  He tweaked the  offensive philosophy when he brought in Dan Enos and the defensive philosophy completely bringing in Paul Rhoads.  Those changes along with his admission of regret in not recruiting  more o-linemen and linebackers have caused a regression. For those reasons, he should get at least next year to see if those changes were effective.  If they don't pan out in that time, pay him off and hire someone else. 

FWF79

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: menehune on October 21, 2017, 08:57:56 am
His time management and lack of in game adjustments drive me nuts, but to say he is married to a system is not a fair assessment.  He tweaked the  offensive philosophy when he brought in Dan Enos and the defensive philosophy completely bringing in Paul Rhoads.  Those changes along with his admission of regret in not recruiting  more o-linemen and linebackers have caused a regression. For those reasons, he should get at least next year to see if those changes were effective.  If they don't pan out in that time, pay him off and hire someone else. 

He doesn't deserve another year. He may get it but he doesn't deserve it.

hawgdavis

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 20, 2017, 11:38:11 pm
As if anyone (other than Bama) truly EXPECTS to be playing for NCs every year... I think realistic expectations for hog fans are consistent 8 win seasons with occasional 10 win seasons and to be able to compete for an SEC championship once every decade or so. Of course we'd love more. But that's realistic to me anyways. CBB won't have us anywhere close to an SEC championship ever IMO. And 8 win seasons are now the desire that SEC west champions once were under his management.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the win totals with the exceptional season but you have to have a staff and culture that expects to win every time out and with the ultimate goal to win it all every year. With out that mentality you will get what we have now.

AirWarren

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 20, 2017, 11:44:08 pm
The stadium is glowing red tonight! That means war! Wooo! Go Hogs!

That means a waste of electricity.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 21, 2017, 08:50:44 am
sarcasm boy sarcasm
Yeah I got the sarcasm but think maybe you didnt grasp my question.  What do you want this team to be close to, whats your measurement for success?

Redhogs

Quote from: The Boar War on October 20, 2017, 11:42:12 pm
This is exactly what was said last year.
Exactly .....over and over again. I have never seen a fan base so accepting of losing and excuse making...truly boggles the mind. We are exactly where we deserve to be. :'( :'(
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

SPAL

Quote from: jst01 on October 21, 2017, 06:44:55 am
I look forward to the embarrassing loss tonight so these irrational hopeful B.B. lovers just stop with the fake belief.

Not on my worst day could I ever hope the hogs lose. Especially just to prove a point. I hope CBB runs the table. If he doesn't, I'll look forward to a coaching search. But never will I be happy about losing.

menehune

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 21, 2017, 09:00:47 am
He doesn't deserve another year. He may get it but he doesn't deserve it.

Not saying he deserves or has earned another year. I AM saying that it would be better to see if the changes make a difference rather than throwing everything out and starting over yet again... especially if you change to a spread system from the current system.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Redhogs on October 21, 2017, 09:15:35 am
Exactly .....over and over again. I have never seen a fan base so accepting of losing and excuse making...truly boggles the mind. We are exactly where we deserve to be. :'( :'(

It's almost as if they like to suck.

parallaxpig

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 21, 2017, 09:12:29 am
Yeah I got the sarcasm but think maybe you didnt grasp my question.  What do you want this team to be close to, whats your measurement for success?

The close comment is from BB. He has stated on multiple occasions this year that we don't understand how close this team is to winning. Me personally is that BB can't recruit the players needed to run the scheme he wants. So he is close to mediocrity. BP proved a system guy can when at a higher level, so my measurement of success is 8-10 wins every year. Examples of system guys........Chip Kelly, Chris Petersen, Bobby Petrino, Gary Patterson, Mike Gundy.......not advocating we go after any of these guys but find the "next" system guy.........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

code red

I would like to see what he and the staff can do with these freshmen next year.  We have some good talent.   I don't think that getting rid of our coach and starting over is much of a solution right now.  I am not so sure that magic coach is out there that will come to Arkansas and have us playing for national championships every year.  Arkansas is a tough place to win.

Under Bielema,  we have had some good wins against LSU,  Ole Miss,  Auburn,  Miss State, Tennessee,  Texas,  Texas Tech, TCU, Missouri,  Kansas State and so forth.  I would like to see him and the staff further develop the talent we have.
Here's your sign.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Roaringboar

Quote from: The Boar War on October 20, 2017, 11:40:59 pm
I don't think anyone's ready to fire him because we're not winning national championships in year 5.  Most are mad because we're not going to get to 5 wins in year 5.

Also add on the fact we look so horrible.....Let's face it, we aren't just losing this year, we are losing in STYLE......Carolina, A&M, and TCU, we just gave a new definition on how to lose games.......it's like someone said, "We're the best at losing football games," and ole Bert said, "Hold my beer".........A&M we had a 21-7 lead at one point and just blew it.......TCU the score was 14-7 until the final 3 minutes, now if that had been the final, that would've been much better, but then we go and lose 28-7.....and everyone remember the South Carolina game......we just gave Carolina the ball over and over.........that's why so many fans have turned on Bielema.....we aren't just losing, we are giving a new definition to the art of it.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Bebop

Bielema is incompetent as a coach. He has been handed success by Alvarez. He thought he could be like Barry and do that here at Arkansas. Well, he can't because he has never been responsible for turning a program around. He has had his chance. He needs to be fired. End of story.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 21, 2017, 10:01:02 am
The close comment is from BB. He has stated on multiple occasions this year that we don't understand how close this team is to winning. Me personally is that BB can't recruit the players needed to run the scheme he wants. So he is close to mediocrity. BP proved a system guy can when at a higher level, so my measurement of success is 8-10 wins every year. Examples of system guys........Chip Kelly, Chris Petersen, Bobby Petrino, Gary Patterson, Mike Gundy.......not advocating we go after any of these guys but find the "next" system guy.........

Fair enough, I do feel that a more pass oriented offense is a better fit for who we are.  But my expectations are a little lower which is why I still support CBB.  Not sure what kind of coach we will get because I think there will be several openings and I don't subscribe to anyone is better.  As for your win #'s, 10 feels like that would be an exception vs. the norm.  I would be thrilled to be wrong about that. 

farmhawg

Your crush is a little creepy.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Kevin

Since our ad is monitoring this board, your football coach is about to go winless in the sec for the second time in 5 years, time to move on .

If not, cancel the program
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

parallaxpig

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 21, 2017, 10:22:20 am
Fair enough, I do feel that a more pass oriented offense is a better fit for who we are.  But my expectations are a little lower which is why I still support CBB.  Not sure what kind of coach we will get because I think there will be several openings and I don't subscribe to anyone is better.  As for your win #'s, 10 feels like that would be an exception vs. the norm.  I would be thrilled to be wrong about that.

Last couple of seasons were set up to have 10 wins because SEC is down outside of Bama. But yes, 10 is definitely the high mark.

Roaringboar

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 21, 2017, 10:40:23 am
Last couple of seasons were set up to have 10 wins because SEC is down outside of Bama. But yes, 10 is definitely the high mark.

Yeah, 8 win seasons are not that bad....9 is excellent, and if he was winning 8-10 a year the last four years, then I would be willing to say this season is a fluke, but he's not......he got to 8 wins once......that is ridiculous........6-7 wins wouldn't be as bad if we were at least competing, but the way we just choke, no that's  no acceptable......that's why this season is so ridiculous......

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 11:15:54 pm
I see Jeffy has started to hire plants to start a disinformation campaign in support of his retaining Bert for a few more years in furtherance of the destruction on Razorback football.

Plants have been here for years.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 09:21:14 am
Not on my worst day could I ever hope the hogs lose. Especially just to prove a point. I hope CBB runs the table. If he doesn't, I'll look forward to a coaching search. But never will I be happy about losing.
I don't (and never have) hope for the Hogs to lose. But I have come to expect it. And I used to always think we had a chance in any game.

HoggyCat

And we have some bad losses against LSU, Auburn, Texas tech, TCU, Mizzou and so forth.

And your post could be posted every year. Just wait until next year. Let's see what he can do with next year's recruits.

Houston. Nutt.  All. Over. Again.

Without the .500 conference win percentage......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 21, 2017, 08:45:56 am
Next year will be our easiest schedule since 2011. QB will now have atleast two games starting experience and Oline replaces one player (of course that one player is the only guy we have that can play)

How??? Three cupcakes out of conference, a toss up out of conference road game (sad when Colorado state is a toss up game), same SEC-W foes, a Vanderbilt team that would probably beat us this year.

Oh, and same ole bert at the helm.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

BadHog

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 21, 2017, 08:36:59 am
2013   Arkansas   3–9   0–8            
2014   Arkansas   7–6   2–6   
2015   Arkansas   8–5   5–3      
2016   Arkansas   7–6   3–5         
2017   Arkansas   2–4   0–3

Yes, he is really close let's keep him.

So if we finish 3-9 this season, which is highly likely, then basically we are exactly where we were five years ago.

Yes, let's keep him. He is consistent.

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 21, 2017, 10:47:05 am
How??? Three cupcakes out of conference, a toss up out of conference road game (sad when Colorado state is a toss up game), same SEC-W foes, a Vanderbilt team that would probably beat us this year.

Oh, and same ole bert at the helm.
Exactly! It will be like LSU 2.0. They wanted to fire Miles the year before but held off. They were gonna give him another year, but it was the same ole Les. We know how that turned out. I can only hope we don't make the same mistake.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: presidenthog on October 20, 2017, 11:18:41 pm
He is a loser. Great coaches are not stubborn and married to a failing system. Great coaches adapt and change. Come up with original ideas, and solutions on thier own.

Bert has been told how to do everything his entire career and we are now seeing we hired a yes man who has no answers or solutions on his own.

What system?

We did better with his Wisky system than our current "No identity" system.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

davglo35

We should have Jack Crowed him after losing to Toledo and we wouldnt be the laughing stock of the sec right now.

HawgPilot

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2017, 10:33:48 am
Since our ad is monitoring this board, your football coach is about to go winless in the sec for the second time in 5 years, time to move on .

If not, cancel the program

Good. Hey Jeff, your boy Bert sucks!

forrest city joe

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 20, 2017, 11:58:55 pm
Let's break down those awesome wins you spoke of.

Texas - worst offensive team Texas had in decades. Strong fired.

Ole Miss - Took the luckiest play in Hog history to beat them once. Freeze was an average and immoral coach. Top talent, underachievers. Fired.

LSU - some of the weaker Tiger teams in recent memory. Les fired.

Texas Tech - ran over them one year, got steamrolled at home the next. Kingsbury will be canned in the next 1-2 years.

KState - it's KSU. Decent team but no one we should ever lose to.

Missouri - couldn't beat their best team. Already lost and choked against one of their worst.

MSU -beating a Dakless MSU isn't that impressive.

Tennessee - Another team with an average coach that's about to be fired.

TCU - one of Patterson's worst teams in years. Came back one season later and stomped a mud hole in us at home.

Now, should we go over BB's bad losses?

LZH

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2017, 09:59:35 am
It's almost as if they like to suck.

Since you mentioned it, these guys could have Bret walk in their front door and they would regret not wearing make up and a dress. What a bunch of [CENSORED].

Farmer Hogget

November 15, 2014 Arkansas 17 #20LSU 0
Novemmber 22, 2014 Arkansas 30 #8 Ole Miss 0
November 7, 2015 Arkansas 53 #19 Ole Miss 52
November 14 2015 Arkansas 31 #9 LSU 14
September 10, 2016 Arkansas 41 #15 TCU 38
October 15, 2016 Arkansas 34 #12 Ole Miss 30
November 5, 2016 Arkansas 31 #10 Florida 10

Roaringboar

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on October 21, 2017, 11:56:07 am

Hey, quick question, can you also post the results of the 30 losses Bielema has had in his tenure, because there's a lot of ranked AND UNRANKED teams in that category as well......

farmhawg

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 11:58:13 am
Hey, quick question, can you also post the results of the 30 losses Bielema has had in his tenure, because there's a lot of ranked AND UNRANKED teams in that category as well......
That would screw up the agenda.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 21, 2017, 11:32:55 am

Never quite understand posts that complain about a win.  Whats the angle, isn't it preferable to losing?

Hogs-n-Roses

Look, we really can't gripe about it to much. The AD has said all along what and who we were going to be. We're doing fine even ahead of schedule. The HC speaks much the same. How many of you have written, texted,tweeted....Those powers that be. How many have dropped or lowered your donations. Google our Board of trustees and speak your mind. Politically correct of course.

Atlhogfan1

I hope he leaves on his own. The carousel grabs him up when the changes start happening. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: farmhawg on October 21, 2017, 12:07:21 pm
That would screw up the agenda.....

Yeah, because what I posted screwed up the agenda of the haters. 

Roaringboar

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on October 21, 2017, 12:42:20 pm

Oh......it did......why don't you post those losses I asked for and let's see how many losses we have against ranked and UNRANKED opponents first...........

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: carolinahogger on October 20, 2017, 11:30:06 pm
Ridiculous straw man argument.

That's not a "straw man". He's wrong, but that's not a straw man.

elksnort

do you get stock options in the hogville ownership?

LZH

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on October 21, 2017, 12:42:20 pm

No, because what you posted covers 60% of his total wins in conference games here. The rest, I believe, he is 4-27. But keep trying, by all means.

Hogsmo Kramer

October 21, 2017, 12:53:20 pm #95 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 01:08:36 pm by Hogsmo Kramer
Quote from: Farmer Hogget on October 21, 2017, 11:56:07 am

Toledo, T Tech, 56-3 Auburn loss, MO and VT meltdowns, 48-22 SC, below .500 SEC and overall AR record, longest AR losing streak in SEC, 0-17 when trailing at half, multiple scoreless second halfs, multiple 500+ yards games for opponents, winless against A&M, winless against bama,  etc., etc., etc. all say HI....

Just because a goose craps a couple golden eggs doesn't mean the rest of the shite can be ignored.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 12:43:59 pm
Oh......it did......why don't you post those losses I asked for and let's see how many losses we have against ranked and UNRANKED opponents first...........
I only did this cause I was curious, from now on do your own research.  🤓 Quick count was 19 losses against ranked opponents.  Toledo prob should have been cause they went 10-2.

andrewdaltonp

Bielema is a joke. I think the best thing for our program would be to get him out of that position. He can be a water boy if he wants to. That's a generous offer.

Ex-Trumpet

Here's an interesting stat on CBB...he has never lost when leading at the end of the second half.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

AND in Bret's career as a HC , he has always been tied at the start of every game.  Think about that............  Tied with all the ranked teams, all those ranked #1, tied with every member of every conference his teams have played.  Now beat that stat fellers.  He is that good.  We need to give him a 6 year extension to protect that record and solidify that huge recruiting group we got coming in.