Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not really impressed with anybody in SEC this year (other than Gumps)

Started by hobhog, September 16, 2017, 06:58:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Maybe we can pull off a shocker season. Beat A&M and lets see what happens.

Then you Fire Beleima guys can go crazy for the next couple of years while rest of fanbase enjoys a run.

Dominicanhog

Tend to agree the SEC looks weaker this year, but you know how they'll play against us.... lights out I'm sure..

As for Bama, their defense is not up to par.. they've given up 20 points already (3 games) and have 0 shutouts.. bet Saban has everybody working day and night to get that fixed...

hobhog

Actually a weird early season across the country. Let's jump in boys, the waters fine.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

micali

Ya, after watching the rest of the SEC I'm not impressed. LSU got throttled last night. Mistank kinda scares me. Maybe LSWHO is just that bad.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hobhog on September 16, 2017, 06:58:24 pm

Then you Fire Beleima guys can go crazy for the next couple of years while rest of fanbase enjoys a run.

We may very well be one of the weakest of the weak.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

GuvHog

Quote from: micali on September 17, 2017, 07:45:25 am
Ya, after watching the rest of the SEC I'm not impressed. LSU got throttled last night. Mistank kinda scares me. Maybe LSWHO is just that bad.

After watching yesterday's games, I'm starting to think the Hogs still have a shot at 9 wins if they can get that passing game going. They really should have won the TCU game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RazorbackAlways

onebadrubi

You watched Ms st yesterday throttle LSU and weren't impressed by them?  They will sweep the sec W except bama. 

Vandy god solid moments, but k st gave them that game.  K st had 21 points take. Off the board because of penalties calling them back, and k st never scored in those drives. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SemperHawg

I'm pumping the brakes on the Miss St train.  Fitzgerald is good, but LSU got a front row look at their mistake yesterday.  They hired a crappier version of Les Miles. STILL no QB development, athletes all over the field with no direction.  Tons of penalties.   Thankfully they hired that clown and missed their shot at Chip Kelley.  Kelley would have been filthy in Baton Rouge.

Hoggish1

Beat TAMU and that's exactly what's going to happen! Should be entertaining...

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 17, 2017, 08:05:37 am
You watched Ms st yesterday throttle LSU and weren't impressed by them?  They will sweep the sec W except bama. 

It was obvious that LSU's players were very ticked off about getting embarrassed like that. How often do you see a team get 2 players ejected for targeting in 1 game??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SemperHawg

More on Da Coach O.... did you know he is now 7-24 in the SEC as an official Head Coach.  If you count his interim stint last year it improves to 11-26.   How in the hell did anyone think it was a good idea to hire that dude?

Hoggish1

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 17, 2017, 07:49:06 am
We may very well be one of the weakest of the weak.

Then, maybe not.  See how easy that is?

After watching yesterday, anybody that puts an order to the SEC east or west is only blowing smoke.

East could have KY winning it/West could have Mistank winning it.  It's all there for the taking....

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 17, 2017, 08:16:00 am
Then, maybe not.  See how easy that is?

After watching yesterday, anybody that puts an order to the SEC east or west is only blowing smoke.

East could have KY winning it/West could have Mistank winning it.  It's all there for the taking....
Exactly.  Every fan base seems to think they are the worst team in the SEC right now.

hogcard1964

SEC has been down for several years and is still trending down. It peeked from 2009-2013.

Programs currently trending down:

Auburn
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Missouri
Texas A & M
LSU
Tennessee

root_hawg

Watched the Bama game last night, they had 5, yes that is correct, linebackers who were out for the game.  If we had 5 out, we would have to play a 3 8 defense.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 17, 2017, 08:22:47 am
SEC has been down for several years and is still trending down. It peeked from 2009-2013.

Programs currently trending down:

Auburn
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Missouri
Texas A & M
LSU
Tennessee

UT lost a rival game but hasn't Butch had them improving a little bit every year?  Did not look it up so I could be wrong... agree with the rest of the list

Dominicanhog

Quote from: root_hawg on September 17, 2017, 08:33:25 am
Watched the Bama game last night, they had 5, yes that is correct, linebackers who were out for the game.  If we had 5 out, we would have to play a 3 8 defense.

maybe they can lose 5 more in the next 4 weeks.. not seriously hurt but game missing injuries.. our game specifically...

hogcard1964

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 17, 2017, 08:47:30 am
UT lost a rival game but hasn't Butch had them improving a little bit every year?  Did not look it up so I could be wrong... agree with the rest of the list

Somewhat

Yea, you're correct.

Dominicanhog

Großer Kriegschwein

We'll definitely lose two, Alabama & Mississippi State, and will probably lose to USCe, LSU, Auburn.
This is my non-signature signature.

jkstock04

Hilarious. Been reading similar stuff on here for years now. Blind faith and everything's gonna magically work out just cause it's "supposed" to. Let's actually see it happen first.

You homers will never understand that the reason people are irritated and negative is because the last 5 years has been 90 plus percent negative. Such a simple concept but way over your heads. All y'all have lived off of positivity wise the past few years is unfounded sushine Rick hype just like this post.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

longpig

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 17, 2017, 08:11:08 am
I'm pumping the brakes on the Miss St train.  Fitzgerald is good, but LSU got a front row look at their mistake yesterday.  They hired a crappier version of Les Miles. STILL no QB development, athletes all over the field with no direction.  Tons of penalties.   Thankfully they hired that clown and missed their shot at Chip Kelley.  Kelley would have been filthy in Baton Rouge.

Corndogs are only stuck with that clown for one season.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 17, 2017, 09:01:58 am
We'll definitely lose two, Alabama & Mississippi State, and will probably lose to USCe, LSU, Auburn.

I'm sticking with 3-9.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hobhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2017, 09:10:43 am
Hilarious. Been reading similar stuff on here for years now. Blind faith and everything's gonna magically work out just cause it's "supposed" to. Let's actually see it happen first.

You homers will never understand that the reason people are irritated and negative is because the last 5 years has been 90 plus percent negative. Such a simple concept but way over your heads. All y'all have lived off of positivity wise the past few years is unfounded sushine Rick hype just like this post.

Life is too short to be that miserable after game two. But you go right ahead and sulk and complain. Doesn't do anybody any good, but eat your heart out.

hobhog

They were beat up bad against GA Tech and lucky to win. They could easily be 0-2 this year and fans know it. He better get on a win streak -As with all on the list above.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

hoglady

This is a post on tigerdroppings in a thread about Saban ruining the conference.
Obviously an upset LSU fan, but funny none the less.

"Yesterday was the icing on the cake. uF and Ut retard fest. LSU grinded until their arse prolapsed, auburn struggling with mercer.

It's literally Saban and then Merlins and a bunch of saban lackies that will never beat him, a broken Gus bus a fat bert and retard O."
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on September 17, 2017, 12:08:16 pm
This is a post on tigerdroppings in a thread about Saban ruining the conference.
Obviously an upset LSU fan, but funny none the less.

"Yesterday was the icing on the cake. uF and Ut retard fest. LSU grinded until their arse prolapsed, auburn struggling with mercer.

It's literally Saban and then Merlins and a bunch of saban lackies that will never beat him, a broken Gus bus a fat bert and retard O."

Our coaching talent has regressed.  B1G's improved greatly including a couple of former SEC coaches.  Meyer escaped Saban knowing what was coming with Florida. 

Without Cam, AU would be on a decade of almost exclusive mediocrity post Tubs. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 17, 2017, 12:16:34 pm
Our coaching talent has regressed.  B1G's improved greatly including a couple of former SEC coaches.  Meyer escaped Saban knowing what was coming with Florida. 

Without Cam, AU would be on a decade of almost exclusive mediocrity post Tubs. 

It's amazing to me how horrible most of the SEC offenses are.
I just can't get a handle on that. They aren't just horrible when playing other SEC teams, they are for the most part horrible playing anybody from any conference
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 17, 2017, 02:14:29 am
I'm impressed with Vandy.

Annnnnddd Kentucky, Annnnnnd MSU...

This was probably going to be our year. It seems that most of the times we have had a good season the rest of the league has been perceived to be "down"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jkstock04

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 10:41:32 am
Life is too short to be that miserable after game two. But you go right ahead and sulk and complain. Doesn't do anybody any good, but eat your heart out.
Game 2? How about the last 5 years? It's overall been awful.

Let's start winning and I'll jump on the positivity wagon with you. Show me something positive (football wise not fluff stories) and I'll be glad to harp on it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WorfHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 17, 2017, 08:49:24 am
maybe they can lose 5 more in the next 4 weeks.. not seriously hurt but game missing injuries.. our game specifically...

You know they'll all be healthy by the time we play. They'll be able to rotate in 5 star linebackers when the other 5 star linebackers get tired.

camden5r

The SEC has been trending down. Its bama and everybody else. Oh well go hogs beat the Aggies

LRHawg

If we had not lost RW3 and recruited WR better and perhaps 1-2 better OL a few years ago, we would probably be In the hunt with Bama and misstake for the west.  :puke:

GoHogs1091

Other than Fitzgerald, there is still subpar QB play overall across the SEC. 

Also, so far this season the defensive line play overall across the SEC is not as good as it has been in the past.

Other than the coaching of Saban, Mullen, Stoops, and Mason, the rest of the head coaching in the SEC is mediocre.

The SEC this season is basically a shell of its past.

hulk hog

If Mullen leaves for a bigger job there could be realistically be 5 new coaches in the West next year, LSU, Ole Miss, A&M, Auburn  (Sabin isn't going anywhere and I think the buyout keeps us from moving on if it came to that). That is a big reason the league is down.    Add Tenn. and Fla in the East and that could mean half the league would be hiring coaches.. Even if its falls apart the rest of the year and we could pull off the buyout I am not sure that is an environment where you want to be in trying to hire a new coach when half the league if looking for one as well. 
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Murr

Quote from: hulk hog on September 17, 2017, 09:57:23 pm
If Mullen leaves for a bigger job there could be realistically be 5 new coaches in the West next year, LSU, Ole Miss, A&M, Auburn  (Sabin isn't going anywhere and I think the buyout keeps us from moving on if it came to that). That is a big reason the league is down.    Add Tenn. and Fla in the East and that could mean half the league would be hiring coaches.. Even if its falls apart the rest of the year and we could pull off the buyout I am not sure that is an environment where you want to be in trying to hire a new coach when half the league if looking for one as well.

Needs to happen, conference making too much money and teams are underperforming

Jackrabbit Hog

That's deceiving though.  UT's recruiting under Jones has been consistently second or third best in the conference, so there's a very good argument to be made that he is doing less with more than anyone else in the conference.  The fact that he still hasn't won an East crown is a pretty bad indictment on his coaching - and but for a fortuitous fumble into the endzone last year against Appalachian State and a hail mary against Georgia last year, he might not even still be coaching there right now.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

Face it folks.  Here's the pecking order in the SEC right now:

West

Alabama (elite)
Mississippi State (good)
Auburn/LSU/A&M/Arkansas/Ole Miss (mediocre or worse)

East
Georgia (good)
Florida/Tennessee/USCe/Kentucky/Vanderbilt (mediocre or worse)
Missouri (awful)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RME

You mean Alabama winning all those titles didn't actually help out the other teams in the conference? But, but, but what about S-E-C! S-E-C!

Color me shocked.

Redhogs

That's funny, maybe ol Bert can pull off 6-6...only 3 SEC teams in the top 15 of the new poll. ;) ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

NoogaHog

Umm...missed 3 field goals. Couldn't get it in first and goal inside the 1. Freaking passing out of the shotgun inside the 1. No one deep on the hail mary to lose the game.

They definitely have a coaching problem, too. Plus I don't think they have ANY team chemistry.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: camden5r on September 17, 2017, 08:09:03 pm
The SEC has been trending down. Its bama and everybody else. Oh well go hogs beat the Aggies

That what ESPN said.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.