Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Broyles/Dan Devine

Started by mizzouman, August 15, 2017, 08:13:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Even though Broyles only spent 1 year at Missouri, he left an impact.  Dan Devine used to always say, "Frank should have never left Missouri.  Look what I did with his players!" 

Even though it's a sad we need to remember all the good he did.  Mourn his death but celebrate his life. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mizzouman on August 15, 2017, 08:13:23 am
Even though Broyles only spent 1 year at Missouri, he left an impact.  Dan Devine used to always say, "Frank should have never left Missouri.  Look what I did with his players!" 

Even though it's a sad we need to remember all the good he did.  Mourn his death but celebrate his life. 

Good post. IF he had never visited Fayetteville as an assistant at Baylor he might have stayed in Columbia. I'm not saying that to say Fayetteville is better than Columbia but simply that he had a prior experience and lasting impression of Fayetteville that he never forgot. I think it worked out well for both schools. Dan did a great job at Mizzou.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi