Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss writer is really upset about HDN

Started by Hoot72, July 15, 2017, 05:46:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

July 17, 2017, 12:00:07 pm #50 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:09:15 pm by KlubhouseKonnected
Quote from: rljjr on July 17, 2017, 11:56:22 am
I guess we will have to sit back and watch. I still think there is the old code of a reporter who gives his word not going back on it. Maybe I'm naive. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. I have never revealed sources in the past nor have I ever been given up by a reporter I've worked with. But I also haven't fed them bogus info. It does make for an interesting ethical debate that journo classes could use as a case study.

I agree about this presenting an interesting ethical debate for journalists. From what I have read here it seems as if one of the reporters in question here as pretty much already confirmed that Freeze was his source and that he, the reporter, was outraged when he discovers that Freeze had apparently misled him deliberately.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pigsknuckles

Not a hard coach to track, leaves dead programs wherever he goes.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 17, 2017, 10:50:54 am
What Nutt did in 2006-2007 is still 20 times more felonious than anything he may have done at Ole Miss.

Well, from a personal Arkansas fan perspective, I don't disagree.

But I took Sivad's point about attaching Nutt more to Ole Miss (nowadays) as what the outside public would do. I still think most general non-Hog media looks back at the Nutt time at Arkansas as a success. Therefore, not terribly newsworthy.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 17, 2017, 10:50:54 am
What Nutt did in 2006-2007 is still 20 times more felonious than anything he may have done at Ole Miss.

2007 should have been a frickin Nintendo game season for us all the way to the National Championship.
It's people like this who make the Arkansas 'fans' look stupid.
This has been debunked before.
The premise: having a great backfield means undefeated season.
Yes, it was a great backfield. And I believe they set a record for average ppg that year. They lived up to the hype.
Did they kick the ball, too? Did they play defense?
The 2007 team was never going to be as good as the 2006 team because of all the defensive starters gone---Anderson, Houston, Olajubutu.
The 2007 team was not as good of a complete team as the 2006 team.
The 2006 team was pretty darn good---best ever SEC record (7-1) but still probably not good enough to win a Natl Champ. Still needed more talent.
Yes, it's Nutt's job to secure more talent, especially to play defense. But it gets back to the age-old question: when has Arkansas ever been loaded with talent a la FL, LSU, Bama?
Never. It's always been do more with less. That's what they 2006-07 teams did. Good teams, but still with limitations.
Nutt was not as good as Petrino, but still Petrino ran into same issues. Beat everyone else through brains and ingenuity, but sometimes run into teams like LSU and Alabama as in 2011 and simply get completely outmanned.
This is an Arkansas problem, not a coach program per se.

SDZ_Hog

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 17, 2017, 12:08:05 pm
Not a hard coach to track, leaves dead programs wherever he goes.

And brother Danny will be sure to follow.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 17, 2017, 02:21:33 pm
Yes, it was a great backfield. And I believe they set a record for average ppg that year. They lived up to the hype.
The 2007 team was never going to be as good as the 2006 team because of all the defensive starters gone---Anderson, Houston, Olajubutu.
The 2006 team was pretty darn good---best ever SEC record (7-1) but still probably not good enough to win a Natl Champ. Still needed more talent.
Yes, it's Nutt's job to secure more talent, especially to play defense. But it gets back to the age-old question: when has Arkansas ever been loaded with talent a la FL, LSU, Bama?
Never. It's always been do more with less. That's what they 2006-07 teams did. Good teams, but still with limitations.
Nutt was not as good as Petrino, but still Petrino ran into same issues. Beat everyone else through brains and ingenuity, but sometimes run into teams like LSU and Alabama as in 2011 and simply get completely outmanned.

Meh.

We'll never know. Chizik did it in 2010 with a half a defense.

Nutt ensured we'd never find out. He wanted Malzahn gone, he wanted Mustain on the bench, didn't care about any of the others because he was incapable of grasping the "strengths" of his roster.

This is my non-signature signature.

GuvHog

I disagree with you about the 2011 LSU game. The Hogs had that one under control, had the momentum, and were leading 14-0 until a called "corner punt" was instead punted to the center of the field leaving "Honey Badger" wide open to take it to the house. That one play changed the whole complexion of that game. If that punt had been correctly punted to the corner, LSU would've had to start inside their own 10 with the Hogs having all of the momentum. The Hogs were not out manned in that game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 17, 2017, 10:00:49 am
What's really funny are all the people high-fiving for 'forcing' Nutt out now have a coach who will do well to equal Nutt's record at Arkansas...even if he's here for 10 years.
Nutt Part 2
Wait until CBB is here 10 years and then measure the discontent then. It will be the same deal: pretty good record, people will say we can do better and maybe give someone else a shot.
The 10-year itch is the big factor here.
Same thing happened with Tuberville at Auburn. 10 year itch.

Nutty didn't get ten years at old misses.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 05:14:17 pm
I disagree with you about the 2011 LSU game. The Hogs had that one under control, had the momentum, and were leading 14-0 until a called "corner punt" was instead punted to the center of the field leaving "Honey Badger" wide open to take it to the house. That one play changed the whole complexion of that game. If that punt had been correctly punted to the corner, LSU would've had to start inside their own 10 with the Hogs having all of the momentum. The Hogs were not out manned in that game.
I hear ya, but they lost 41-14 and were being run over at will in the second half. Talent took over for LSU. LSU was just running the ball up the middle and we couldn't stop it.

The one time Ark stood toe-to-toe with the elite of the SEC was 2006. That's the coulda/shoulda game I'd like to have back. I think we Florida's equal that year. Everyone talks about the Reggie Fish fumble and it was a game-changing play, but give credit to Urban Meyer for a great call for another game-changing play. Ark runs an INT back for a score and it's 21-17 and then has Florida pinned deep for 4th down. Uncle Mo was all on Ark's side at that point. Meyer calls for a courageous fake punt and makes it. Then later they punt to Fish. That was an incredible call by Meyer. But that's what great coaches do.
Similar to Saban's onside kick call vs Clemson in 2016. Totally changed that game.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 17, 2017, 04:22:01 pm
Meh.

We'll never know. Chizik did it in 2010 with a half a defense.

Nutt ensured we'd never find out. He wanted Malzahn gone, he wanted Mustain on the bench, didn't care about any of the others because he was incapable of grasping the "strengths" of his roster.
Well, he did have Nick Fairley.
That game was an eye-opener to me for the SEC vs the world.
Oregon was averaging 300 ypg rushing.
Auburn, as you correctly stated, wasn't THAT great of an SEC defense that year. I believe statistically they were mid-pack in the SEC.
But Oregon simply could not run the ball on Auburn. They had 75 yards rushing for the game.
The takeaway from that game for me was how an 'average' SEC defense could completely shut down a so-called prolific Pac-10 offense.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 17, 2017, 05:51:47 pm
I hear ya, but they lost 41-14 and were being run over at will in the second half. Talent took over for LSU. LSU was just running the ball up the middle and we couldn't stop it.

The one time Ark stood toe-to-toe with the elite of the SEC was 2006. That's the coulda/shoulda game I'd like to have back. I think we Florida's equal that year. Everyone talks about the Reggie Fish fumble and it was a game-changing play, but give credit to Urban Meyer for a great call for another game-changing play. Ark runs an INT back for a score and it's 21-17 and then has Florida pinned deep for 4th down. Uncle Mo was all on Ark's side at that point. Meyer calls for a courageous fake punt and makes it. Then later they punt to Fish. That was an incredible call by Meyer. But that's what great coaches do.
Similar to Saban's onside kick call vs Clemson in 2016. Totally changed that game.

I think the team was emotionally exhausted by halftime.

That was as the game after GU died.

I am in no way, shape or form blaming that loss on GU. They are young, he was their brother. They came out running on emotion and that is hard to sustain after the week they had.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 17, 2017, 05:55:31 pm
Well, he did have Nick Fairley.
That game was an eye-opener to me for the SEC vs the world.
Oregon was averaging 300 ypg rushing.
Auburn, as you correctly stated, wasn't THAT great of an SEC defense that year. I believe statistically they were mid-pack in the SEC.
But Oregon simply could not run the ball on Auburn. They had 75 yards rushing for the game.
The takeaway from that game for me was how an 'average' SEC defense could completely shut down a so-called prolific Pac-10 offense.

I try to not say that jackass' name. I can't stand NF. Dirty player.

But generally you hit what I'm trying to say. If Nutt had simply done either of the following:

1. Actually embraced the situation he was in.
   a) Having an Offensive Coordinator
   b) A Quarterback that was absolutely on the same page schematically as the OC
   c) A pair of running backs that were world class

Or have had the testicular fortitude to tell JFB

2. I'm good. We'll be fine and I don't see the need to bring in a high school coach to call plays for me and if that costs us the Springdale 5, then so be it.

Instead he chose

3. To take the S5 and Malzahn on board, bob his head up and down to the boosters, get the little wiener syndrome in reference to GM, act like a complete jackass to an 18 year old freshman 5* QB, cry like a little baby when he felt he wasn't the absolute face of Razorback football.

Pigsknuckles

MuskogeeHogFan

July 17, 2017, 06:32:14 pm #64 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:56:22 pm by MuskogeeHogFan

The 2006 and 2007 All SEC Teams that had Arkansas players named.

2006                                  2007
QB-None                             QB-None
RB-McFadden, Jones              RB-McFadden, Jones
WR-None                             WR-None
C-Luigs                               C-Luigs
OG-None                             OG-Felton, Garner, Petrus
OT-Ugoh, Tubbs                    OT-None
TE-None                              TE-None
Offense-5                            Offense-6

DE-Anderson                         DE-None
DT-Jackson, Robinson             DT-Harrison
LB-Olajabutu                         LB-None
CB-Houston                          CB-None
S-None                                S-Grant, Hewitt
Defense-5                            Defense-3

Return Spec-Jones                 Return Spec-Jones

Total-11                               Total-10

Record: 10-4                         Record: 8-5

Some difference on Defense but overall, a difference of 1 player and one player doesn't make the difference in those W-L records. Underachieving and lack of focus in coaching, does.

2007 should have been a much better season than it was, IMO.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Had the situation been managed like adults were in charge instead of a Troop of monkeys that were pissed at each other, then we'd have had a better year than 8-4.

We beat LSU at Baton Rouge pretty much without a passing game. Imagine what a developed sophomore Mitch Mustain could have done had someone actually gave him some reps in practice or care even a little bit about what he could have brought to the table as he got more mature.

Hell, McFadden had the best passer rating against LSU. That's kinda sad that he even needed to be throwing the ball.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 17, 2017, 06:29:58 pm
It's called the Missouri Boat Ride.
And Hootie said: "In my line of conning, you gotta be able to yell "Woo Pig Sooie" or "Hotty Toddy" with equal enthusiasm...dependin' upon the present company."

KlubhouseKonnected

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: WooPigFarm on July 16, 2017, 11:27:33 am

golden handcuffs

Lol.  Yeah, Hootie may have squandered most of "golden handcuff heist", by now.  If he wins this lawsuit, he can quit looking for HC jobs.....& Sexton can quit wasting his time pandering around for him. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on July 16, 2017, 08:34:30 am
I'm proud to have been a contributor to the banners! If not for the fans Hootie Would have been around for years more.

Thank you for doing UA and it's fan a service for hastening the exit of Hootie.  You should have a plaque in a Razorback Museum somewhere.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on July 17, 2017, 06:50:47 pm
And Hootie said: "In my line of conning, you gotta be able to yell "Woo Pig Sooie" or "Hotty Toddy" with equal enthusiasm...dependin' upon the present company."

:)

East Clintwood

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 17, 2017, 11:06:16 pm
The guy who writes this blog is going to have an embolism if he keeps up his current pace

http://olehottytoddy.com/2017/07/15/ole-miss-football-really-dont-care-think-freeze/

Whoever designed that website needs to die 1000 deaths.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ShadowHawg

Quote from: gchamblee on July 16, 2017, 06:32:48 pm
I agree. He needed to be fired but the banner flyers were a bigger embarrassment to the school than HDN was. It really amplified the retarded potion of our fan base.

All you banner wusses evidently have missed where several schools have since done the same thing.

Grow a pair.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ShadowHawg on July 18, 2017, 10:33:17 pm
All you banner wusses evidently have missed where several schools have since done the same thing.

Grow a pair.

And they were super cool too

East Clintwood

We weren't the first with the banners and we weren't the last.

They were necessary at the time and they might be again.

I'm glad we flew them.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: East Clintwood on July 19, 2017, 12:41:47 am
We weren't the first with the banners and we weren't the last.

They were necessary at the time and they might be again.

I'm glad we flew them.

Necessary?

Is it necessary for me to drink my own Miss?

Hog N Bama

The funniest and most outrageous thing I've seen in a long time was Rev.Freeze trying to explain INTEGRITY!  :puke:

Sivad

Quote from: Hog N Bama on July 19, 2017, 02:12:17 pm
The funniest and most outrageous thing I've seen in a long time was Rev.Freeze trying to explain INTEGRITY!  :puke:
That is a tough assignment for him.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Sivad on July 19, 2017, 03:15:13 pm
That is a tough assignment for him.

Should replace that with another appendage.  It would then be very accurate.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 17, 2017, 11:06:16 pm
The guy who writes this blog is going to have an embolism if he keeps up his current pace

http://olehottytoddy.com/2017/07/15/ole-miss-football-really-dont-care-think-freeze/

What he's saying is....................he may be a scumbag but at least he's our scumbag.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 19, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
What he's saying is....................he may be a scumbag but at least he's our scumbag.

He is pretty quiet right now

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 21, 2017, 12:34:42 am
He is pretty quiet right now

Those that endorsed exposed hypocrites usually are...........................

The OTR

Quote from: ShadowHawg on July 18, 2017, 10:33:17 pm

Grow a pair.

The only thing I can think of comparable is someone making a homemade sign with the name of another hogvillian on it calling that person a derogatory name, then having someone take a picture of them holding the sign in front of their house and posting the picture on SEC talk and from that point forward being labeled a cannibal for some odd reason.

That's as close to flying a banner as I have personally seen on the internet. I don't know how that would be any better than flying over the stadium with a banner but what do I know anymore?

gchamblee

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on July 21, 2017, 06:57:22 am
The only thing I can think of comparable is someone making a homemade sign with the name of another hogvillian on it calling that person a derogatory name, then having someone take a picture of them holding the sign in front of their house and posting the picture on SEC talk and from that point forward being labeled a cannibal for some odd reason.

That's as close to flying a banner as I have personally seen on the internet. I don't know how that would be any better than flying over the stadium with a banner but what do I know anymore?

:)

Hoggish1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 16, 2017, 09:31:21 am
The Ole Miss AD must be a real D.A. to have allowed this to happen on his watch. Yes they made a mistake hiring HDN to begin with, but they got rid of him and hired a better coach and all of that should have stayed where it belongs, in their rear view mirror. When you have a settlement contract in place with a former HC that specifies that you can't talk negatively about him in exchange for his buyout and departure, you (the University or Staff) can't use him as an excuse for poor performance later on, publicly anyway. They shot themselves in the foot. No need for that to have happened. But I am glad that I get to see that ship go down by the bow. 

Well said.

OM, as one of the dirtiest programs anywhere in the NCAA, needed to go back to their grove and shut up.  Next up for a swift kick in the shorts needs to be Auburn.

Vantage 8 dude

Well if the OM writer was really upset when HDN initially filed his lawsuit I just wonder what he thinks NOW ??? ::) Oh to be a fly on the wall of this clown's office. :P

niels_boar

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 17, 2017, 06:10:53 pm
I try to not say that jackass' name. I can't stand NF. Dirty player.

But generally you hit what I'm trying to say. If Nutt had simply done either of the following:

1. Actually embraced the situation he was in.
   a) Having an Offensive Coordinator
   b) A Quarterback that was absolutely on the same page schematically as the OC
   c) A pair of running backs that were world class

Or have had the testicular fortitude to tell JFB

2. I'm good. We'll be fine and I don't see the need to bring in a high school coach to call plays for me and if that costs us the Springdale 5, then so be it.

Instead he chose

3. To take the S5 and Malzahn on board, bob his head up and down to the boosters, get the little wiener syndrome in reference to GM, act like a complete jackass to an 18 year old freshman 5* QB, cry like a little baby when he felt he wasn't the absolute face of Razorback football.

Didn't have to be Malzahn, but Nutt absolutely needed an offensive coordinator.  His complete inability to develop a QB was his biggest weakness.  He kept trying to replace Matt Jones, who probably extended his career at Arkansas far longer than should have transpired.  With anything better than a crayon passing game with McFadden and Jones, we might have won a NC.  We wasted Alabama being an average SEC football program for an extended time.  Nutt would not have survived the recent West for very long.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

The OTR

hobhog

So where is the Freeze loving dude with blog who said he didn't care what people thought about "his coach"....?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hobhog on July 23, 2017, 09:14:56 pm
So where is the Freeze loving dude with blog who said he didn't care what people thought about "his coach"....?

Out trying to buy a burner phone....................

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on July 17, 2017, 06:50:47 pm

Needed whuppin' with a knotted plow line.....
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Peter Porker

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 05:14:17 pm

amazing how you remember things

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

GuvHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 24, 2017, 07:23:55 am
amazing how you remember things

I remember it well because I watched every minute of it. What I posted is true. It was a game of momentum and once LSU got the momentum from that play, the game was over.

The Kig

Poker Porker

Peter Porker

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2017, 07:42:07 am
I remember it well because I watched every minute of it. What I posted is true. It was a game of momentum and once LSU got the momentum from that play, the game was over.

Not too well since we were up 14-7, not 14-0 when the punt return occurred.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

GuvHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 24, 2017, 09:07:47 am
Not too well since we were up 14-7, not 14-0 when the punt return occurred.

Still, that misplaced punt changed the whole complexion of that game.

gchamblee

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on July 23, 2017, 08:49:11 pm
Glad you read that.

You guys did a top quality troll job on me. You had me mad enough to post a picture of me standing in front of my house with my address in plain view holding a sign calling one of you a bad name, and linking a google map to my front door inviting you to come ring my doorbell lol. This, to this date, is the best troll job i've seen and I fell for it hook line and sinker haha. A+ grade from me sir.

Peter Porker

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2017, 09:30:14 am

We scored on 1 of our 11 drives. That misplaced punt didn't shut our offense down.

hog.goblin

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2017, 09:30:14 am

Actually the momentum changed on their first scoring drive when they went 90 or so yards for a TD.  We had no answer for a running Jordan Jefferson and he abused us the rest of the game.

Vantage 8 dude

Now back to the original topic concerning an Ole Miss writer being really upset about HDN............... :-X :o