Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you expect, a trip to the final four?

Started by snoot hoggy hog, March 16, 2018, 07:22:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

We were feast or famine with our guards all year. Our best defender was a freshman, and Gafford needs another year.

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

GA reddiehog

snoot hoggy hog

Doesn't matter. It should be championship or bust.

Breems

Not to lose by 17 in an "evenly matched" game.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

oldbooniehog

Three trips to the NCAA tournament every 7 years is what you should expect as a Hog fan.

And you should be GRATEFUL for that.

Like FCJ said earlier, it's NOT FAIR to expect Eddie Sutton or Nolan Richardson results out of Mike Anderson!

26.2Hog

hogwood

alohawg

I'm thrilled to death! I expected a kick in the nuts and got one, and a good one at that.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 07:53:44 pm
I'm thrilled to death! I expected a kick in the nuts and got one, and a good one at that.

Arkansas sports is always more of a nut kicking than a gut punching.

hogsanity

We should have expected exactly what happened, we got to watch Mike scowl for 40 minutes, inexplicably take out the only real scorers the team has at crucial times and make no adjustments the entire game. 11 mins to go, down 11, and Gafford/Macon/Barford are all on the bench.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2018, 11:56:06 pm
We should have expected exactly what happened, we got to watch Mike scowl for 40 minutes, inexplicably take out the only real scorers the team has at crucial times and make no adjustments the entire game. 11 mins to go, down 11, and Gafford/Macon/Barford are all on the bench.

So in other words you expected consistency, and we got exactly that.

hoglady

I expected a more competitive game from start to finish than what we got.
Didn't know whether we'd win, but I expected us to compete better than we did.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogsanity

Quote from: hoglady on March 17, 2018, 12:06:08 am
I expected a more competitive game from start to finish than what we got.
Didn't know whether we'd win, but I expected us to compete better than we did.

Look at all the loses they had this year. All but MSu were like today. Double digit, made one run to get back in it after getting down big early in either the 1st or 2nd half, but in the end soundly beaten.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Oliver

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on March 16, 2018, 07:22:12 pm
We were feast or famine with our guards all year. Our best defender was a freshman, and Gafford needs another year.

Are you trying to defend Anderson with this argument?  Or trying to tell people they should have grounded their expectations?

bkjbearcat

I expected at least ONE Elite Eight appearance in seven dang years.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Tejano Jawg

I was reaching...but I had us in the Elite Eight. What did I expect...one win.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jvanhorn

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on March 16, 2018, 11:49:37 pm
Arkansas sports is always more of a nut kicking than a gut punching.

Not if your a baseball fan.

jvanhorn

Quote from: bkjbearcat on March 17, 2018, 12:12:25 am
I expected at least ONE Elite Eight appearance in seven dang years.

well as my grandfather said.  You can expect in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first

GoHogs1091

Having 3 Senior Guards (2 of them being All-Conference players) and a supposed possible NBA Center should equate to at least a Sweet 16.

This NCAAT by the Hogs was Houston Nutt level underachieving.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: jvanhorn on March 17, 2018, 01:04:02 am
Not if your a baseball fan.
if the goal in baseball is to make it to the final four too then baseball ain't cutting it either..
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hog_Fink

no fundamentals, no leadership, no grittiness.

shouldve known.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 17, 2018, 01:55:07 am
if the goal in baseball is to make it to the final four too then baseball ain't cutting it either..

DVH comes a lot closer than Anderson ever will.  Since you don't have a problem with basketball, why did you even think of baseball?

The real Hogules

I expected a fundamentally sound basketball team, that played as a team by tournament time. I received neither!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

MagnasHog15

Our style is what gets me about MA. Throughout the game and course of the year, all we kept hearing is we like a chaotic pace or something similar. What that sounds like to me is let's go play a pick up game of basketball. When Zimmerman said we're trying to run set plays it was like he was taken back by that because that's not our style or pffft...set plays who does that.
Chuga Chuga Chuga...Wooooo Pig

The HOG train's comin'!!!!!!!

Supermark101

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 17, 2018, 01:55:07 am

Baseball makes the elite 8 every 3 years, and was in the final 4, in 2012

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 17, 2018, 05:30:58 am
I expected a fundamentally sound basketball team, that played as a team by tournament time. I received neither!

You should be a Virginia fan. Fundamentally sound basketball.

Supermark101

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 17, 2018, 06:09:08 am
You should be a Virginia fan. Fundamentally sound basketball.

Good lord, everyone has a bad day. Anderson has too many to be making elite money at a place like Arkansas. I'm ok with aversge or a little above average in football. There are some biult in disadvantage there. Those are not there in basketball. Facilities, fan base, money, talent close to campus, it's all there. Anderson doesn't want to get his hands dirty in recruiting, i can respect that. Hopefully a change is coming to level that playing field, but it will not change much. Anderson is still an average coach.

I'm  sorry I WILL NOT BE GRATEFUL.  We should expect to be what Louisville has been. Perinatal top 25/sweet 16 team, great baseball, and above average football, wih the right coach.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 17, 2018, 06:19:58 am
Good lord, everyone has a bad day. Anderson has too many to be making elite money at a place like Arkansas. I'm ok with aversge or a little above average in football. There are some biult in disadvantage there. Those are not there in basketball. Facilities, fan base, money, talent close to campus, it's all there. Anderson doesn't want to get his hands dirty in recruiting, i can respect that. Hopefully a change is coming to level that playing field, but it will not change much. Anderson is still an average coach.

I'm  sorry I WILL NOT BE GRATEFUL.  We should expect to be what Louisville has been. Perinatal top 25/sweet 16 team, great baseball, and above average football, wih the right coach.

When did Arkansas get a practice facility? Recruiting started improving shortly after that. Have you seen what happened at Louisville? Do you really want to be corrupt?

I don't call losing to a 16 seed a bad day. If it was Mike he would be getting killed for his outdated style of play.

Supermark101

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 17, 2018, 06:26:26 am
When did Arkansas get a practice facility? Recruiting started improving shortly after that. Have you seen what happened at Louisville? Do you really want to be corrupt?

I don't call losing to a 16 seed a bad day. If it was Mike he would be getting killed for his outdated style of play.

The quality  of players produced by Arkansas has lead to the better recruiting, not the pratice facility. You miss the point, of course i don't want to be Louisville specifically.

Historically bad, yes, but still just a bad day. They played a team who shot 12 of 24 from three, while they hit 4 of 22. It happens. They were a 1 seed for a reason.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 17, 2018, 06:40:10 am
The quality  of players produced by Arkansas has lead to the better recruiting, not the pratice facility. You miss the point, of course i don't want to be Louisville specifically.

Louisville cheated there way to the top. You mean Daniel Gafford and Daryl Macon? The facility opened in fall 2015. That's not even 3 years. Another uninformed hogville hero. Just Keep Watching

Supermark101

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 17, 2018, 06:44:52 am
Louisville cheated there way to the top. You mean Daniel Gafford and Daryl Macon? The facility opened in fall 2015. That's not even 3 years. Another uninformed hogville hero. Just Keep Watching

Bobby Portis came here without a practice facility. What's your point? Our recruiting class rankings have risen because of higher rated Arkansas kids. I will keep watchimg through. I'll watch us continue to be mediocre.