Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andre Ware said this about the Arkansas hire

Started by RedRazorHog, December 13, 2017, 05:28:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Quote from: Redhogs on December 13, 2017, 11:51:13 am
I do agree, at this point it does look allot different.

I would argue that it actually looks a lot different.  Maybe just agree to disagree?

HoggieStyle

Quote from: JIHawg on December 13, 2017, 09:51:49 am
Julie was the point person on this hire, and we fans owe her an eternal debt of gratitude for making the right recommendation, (not the final decision but the recommendation), when many of us would have gone another direction had we been in charge.

We can all see now, she got it right.

She gets paid plenty. I don't owe her anything.

SemperFi

This was a hire that I got behind before it was officially announced and feel like we hit a homerun. Unlike so many that literally lost their minds and went into full blown toddler mode when it looked like Coach Morris was going to be named the next Head Hog, I did my own independent research on the man and came to my own conclusion. I hope that since then those that were close to the edge of no return have had a change of heart. I believe that this is the Coach that gets us over the hump makes Arkansas relevant year in and year out. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SemperFi on December 13, 2017, 12:09:42 pm
This was a hire that I got behind before it was officially announced and feel like we hit a homerun. Unlike so many that literally lost their minds and went into full blown toddler mode when it looked like Coach Morris was going to be named the next Head Hog, I did my own independent research on the man and came to my own conclusion. I hope that since then those that were close to the edge of no return have had a change of heart. I believe that this is the Coach that gets us over the hump makes Arkansas relevant year in and year out. WPS!
every poll ive seen is about 85%+ positive, which considering all the factions of Hog fans is pretty damn good.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Dark Helmet Hog

It might be cool except I don't give a darn what Andre Ware thinks or says.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 13, 2017, 09:15:27 am
Texan and former SWC player praising the hire of a Texan at Arkansas.  Not surprising.  It's the Texican arrogance.  They believe our program declined because we left the SWC and Texas.
What have you been watching the last 25 years?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 13, 2017, 12:20:02 pm
What have you been watching the last 25 years?

A program whose success declined as the competition increased.  One who stepped up in competition while at a low point in talent and behind in facilities.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

EXSPAHOG

Jimmy Johnson lives in the Keys - Islamorado I think

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on December 13, 2017, 12:17:20 pm
It might be cool except I don't give a darn what Andre Ware thinks or says.

Quinn Grovey kicked his rear at Little Rock...lol

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 13, 2017, 06:24:31 am
Reading comprehension never has been one of HV's strengths.
Nor spelling. Tell me, is spelling still a requirement in elementary school in Ark?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PolishPigPower on December 13, 2017, 09:05:55 am
Are you kidding?  The Florida Keys has an overabundance of tight ends and wide receivers.  The talent pool is deep.

Yeah, sure.... Florida Keys < population of Fayetteville...   try again...
population of the florida keys
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

elksnort

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 13, 2017, 01:33:04 pm
I'm pretty sure the post was kidding

SavoySeamster

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on December 13, 2017, 06:09:31 am
All valid points except the last one. When have we ever developed talent out of the Keys in Florida? Being from there, that part of the state produces no football talent. Too much boozing and smoking there, Randy,

Is there even a football field in the Keys?
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HoggieStyle on December 13, 2017, 11:58:59 am
She gets paid plenty. I don't owe her anything.

She could have done like Jeffie and Bert and collected $ and made nothing but one bad decision after another.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 13, 2017, 12:24:01 pm
A program whose success declined as the competition increased.  One who stepped up in competition while at a low point in talent and behind in facilities.
So exactly what you claim Texans think?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 13, 2017, 02:24:52 pm
So exactly what you claim Texans think?

Not because we left them.  That is what Texans think.  Is this concept hard for you to understand? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

East Clintwood

Quote from: SavoySeamster on December 13, 2017, 02:14:59 pm
Is there even a football field in the Keys?

Yes, several, but they all have water hazzards.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Birminghog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 13, 2017, 01:33:04 pm

Something tells me he wasn't talking about football players.

jabber71

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on December 13, 2017, 06:09:31 am
All valid points except the last one. When have we ever developed talent out of the Keys in Florida? Being from there, that part of the state produces no football talent. Too much boozing and smoking there, Randy,
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HogNTX on December 13, 2017, 09:09:01 am
Petros without a doubt
yeah I don't know who is worse him or the beth mowins lady  :puke:

Paul

Quote from: mj4president on December 13, 2017, 06:14:08 am
Yep, this is why it was so nuts all of those on the Norvell bad wagon.
Nah, wait & see

HogBreath

Quote from: SemperFi on December 13, 2017, 12:09:42 pm
I did my own independent research on the man and came to my own conclusion.
That was really, really smart on your part.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RedRazorHog on December 13, 2017, 05:28:42 am
On the Inside College Football show this morning, they talked about all of the new college football coaching hires.  Andre Ware declared that the Chad Morris hire by Arkansas was the BEST hire overall.  He cited his ability to identify talent, recruit talent, being an offensive guru, knowing the Texas high schools and coaches, being able to recruit Florida as the keys.  He said it wasn't close...that Chad is easily the best hire overall.
But 99% of you here had Morris as 7th or 8th on your list as who you wanted as next head coach behind Saban, Malzahn, Swinney, Kiffin, Norvell, and Leach (like you have any clue who is best for HC at Arkansas to begin with). Yeah, I put Saban and Swinney in there to make fun of you and your kind because getting Malzahn was as likely as getting Saban or Swinney.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

oldfart

Quote from: RedRazorHog on December 13, 2017, 05:28:42 am
On the Inside College Football show this morning, they talked about all of the new college football coaching hires.  Andre Ware declared that the Chad Morris hire by Arkansas was the BEST hire overall.  He cited his ability to identify talent, recruit talent, being an offensive guru, knowing the Texas high schools and coaches, being able to recruit Florida as the keys.  He said it wasn't close...that Chad is easily the best hire overall.

been a long time but george mira and boog powell played at key west

HoggusMaximus

start at 14:30 for the chad morris snippit.

Aunt_Razorback

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 13, 2017, 09:24:57 am
No bottle shops in Jonesvegas, but when you hear tires squealing on South  Caraway Road you'll know Fraternal Order of Eagles #3354 is open for bidness:

Lol used to live in Jonesvegas in my college days😂 thank for this. Ahh memories. Course from 94-98 was a lot smaller then and one could actually make good time on Stadium Blvd

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2017, 09:27:40 am
Shirley a good HVAC man has a cutting torch handy.....

Whoever said I was any good?....and don't call me Shirley!

jabohog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 13, 2017, 09:37:41 am
Texas declined because they had to go join a league with more than 1 or 2 decent teams and represented by more than 1 state. Arkansas declined because they joined a league with more than 1 or 2 teams that were any good and was represented by many states, none of which were really recruitable by the Hogs. 

It is not so much that they need each other, they both just flourished under the same conditions. When you really look at it, both were very successful regional programs, that, due to their consistently being at or near the top of the SWC were able to maintain national recognition. Neither fared very well against teams outside of the region though. Not sure what Texas bowl record is, but I know the Hogs bowl record is not very good. 
Texas bowl record is more wins than losses, but only about 3 or 4 games. They have a .676 winning percentage against the SEC. Of nine games, Bama has only won 1. Texas has winning records over games with LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, etc. I actually think Vanderbilt is one of about 3 SEC teams with a winning record over Texas. Stick to what you know about, what ever that is, cause Texas and the old SWC isn't it. Texas has winning record over Ohio State. Looking at their record against teams they have played more than 4 or 5 times, you won't find many teams that beaten Texas more than they got beat. Notre Dame and USC maybe the exceptions.