Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shawn Williams

Started by Basketball insider, March 26, 2014, 07:36:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Basketball insider

6'1 165 lb point guard that hails from Arkansas
But plays at a prep school in Dallas. There he plays
With blue chips such as Emmanuel mudiay and Terrance
Ferguson. Anyway, read somewhere that we (hogs)
And Uconn have offered him. Any insight on this kid?

mhuff

Good info.... welcome aboard

-Blu

Quote from: Basketball insider on March 26, 2014, 07:36:46 am
6'1 165 lb point guard that hails from Arkansas
But plays at a prep school in Dallas. There he plays
With blue chips such as Emmanuel mudiay and Terrance
Ferguson. Anyway, read somewhere that we (hogs)
And Uconn have offered him. Any insight on this kid?

This him?

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/deshawn-williams-sg-2016

The_Iceman

Another prospect in that loaded 2016 class:

Danny J

drester77

My son went to school with him at Dunbar in Little Rock... He was dunking in practice in the 8th grade...

hdturner

I saw him play at Maumelle HS last year. I could tell he going to highly recruited player

Basketball insider

We could really use a good shooter which is what this guy
Specializes in

Danny J

Quote from: Basketball insider on March 27, 2014, 08:03:00 am
We could really use a good shooter which is what this guy
Specializes in
I woudn't recruit another guard who couldn't or wasn't willing to shoot and that has been our problem for several years now. Too many passive guards and guards who just flat out can't shoot. Go back to 89-95 and look at all those guards who could actually shoot then compare it to the teams after that. I know Pat was on the 96-99 teams but he really was the only true aggressive shooting guard but couldn't create his own shot. The guy that could create his own shot couldn't shoot.

hawgmasta

Obviously got some shooting skills. Looks like a decent ball handler as well.

Basketball insider

http://t.co/9DdBDFv8Uo

Good footage of shawn in Texas with the
MWA elite (mudiay and malik newman play with them)
We could really use a shooter like this
Great upside

RazorAg

He has a high major offensive skill set for a 2016 kid. Just needs to continue working on game management skills in case he doesn't grow much in the future, and he needs to really work hard in the weight room starting this summer.

He has a few nice offers right now but offers this early are contingent on continued development. Needs to keep coming. I'll get a look at him tonight 

immahog

prime prep that's deion sanders school
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: RazorAg on April 18, 2014, 06:51:53 am
He has a high major offensive skill set for a 2016 kid. Just needs to continue working on game management skills in case he doesn't grow much in the future, and he needs to really work hard in the weight room starting this summer.

He has a few nice offers right now but offers this early are contingent on continued development. Needs to keep coming. I'll get a look at him tonight 

Looking forward to the weekend updates.

Foshodo

what was that kids name that we thought was ours a few years ago that ended up playing for texas and then we heard rumors that he might transfer in? wasnt it close to shawn williams too?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Foshodo on April 18, 2014, 02:24:45 pm
what was that kids name that we thought was ours a few years ago that ended up playing for texas and then we heard rumors that he might transfer in? wasnt it close to shawn williams too?

It was Shawn Williams. He just finished at SMU.

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/shawn_williams_740788.html
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Foshodo

Basketball insider

Check the paper, great article on shawn