Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Home schedule, Texas is coming

Started by ricepig, October 17, 2017, 05:43:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Also getting Texas Tech and Southern Cal.  Several big names from other conferences coming to check out the best facility in college baseball.

navyhog24

Missouri St, Kentucky, aTm, Auburn.

A lot of great series and reasons to make lots of weekend trips from Dallas this winter and next spring with basketball and baseball coming up.

ricepig

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 17, 2017, 06:24:58 pm
Also getting Texas Tech and Southern Cal.  Several big names from other conferences coming to check out the best facility in college baseball.

Yeah, knew about Tech and SoCal, but most weren't sure on Texas coming.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SPAL

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Amityvillehogger

Schedule of a confident Head Coach.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

dotnet

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on October 17, 2017, 10:14:55 pm
Schedule of a confident Head Coach.

and trying to get a national seed - top 8

ricepig

Quote from: dotnet on October 18, 2017, 04:08:35 pm
and trying to get a national seed - top 8
Well, they are going to seed 16 this year, but I get the drift of hosting a super.

bosshog84

The season can't get here soon enough!!

ThisTeetsTaken

Iron sharpens Iron!  Going to be ready to make a run at tourney time!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

WhenPigsFly

Anyone know if any of the big names are weekend series?

factchecker

Dayton will be a midweek series:
Feb 28 (WED) 3:05 Central
Mar 1 (THURS) 3:05 Central

http://www.daytonflyers.com/documents/2017/10/24//2018_Dayton_Baseball_schedule.docx

Kent State will be a weekend series:
MAR 9 (FRI)  3:05 Central
MAR 10 (SAT) 2:05 Central
MAR 11 (SUN) 1:05 Central

http://kentstatesports.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball

Missouri State will be a midweek game:
APR 17 (TUE) 6:35 Central

http://missouristatebears.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

WhenPigsFly

Kevin

Arkansas is always one of the last schools to release its schedule

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ricepig on October 18, 2017, 04:18:35 pm
Well, they are going to seed 16 this year, but I get the drift of hosting a super.
So more SEC teams will be seeded.  ;)

Texas Hog1

Got my tickets to Texas game this morning, Excited!!!   I take it Baum will be in full force for that game even though it is weekday game!

SPAL

Quote from: Texas Hog1 on January 08, 2018, 09:38:02 am
Got my tickets to Texas game this morning, Excited!!!   I take it Baum will be in full force for that game even though it is weekday game!

I would bet 5k

spe450

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 08, 2018, 09:54:47 am
I would bet 5k

The 6:30 game will have 10k, minimum.  I'd bet on a top 10 all time attendance.

Kevin

trying to get in town for that Tuesday game.

ricepig

Quote from: spe450 on January 08, 2018, 10:03:38 am

Hmm....depends on the weather, if it's an above normal temperature, 8000+.

SPAL

Quote from: spe450 on January 08, 2018, 10:03:38 am

10k minimum? Sure, if it was on Saturday. Are you talking about actual or announced attendance? The only reason you're guessing such a high Mark is because it's Texas.

I didn't realize it was a 630 start, so that may get you to 7 or 8....MAYBE. I'm not seeing 10k on a Tuesday night.

spe450

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 08, 2018, 12:03:43 pm
10k minimum? Sure, if it was on Saturday. Are you talking about actual or announced attendance? The only reason you're guessing such a high Mark is because it's Texas.

I didn't realize it was a 630 start, so that may get you to 7 or 8....MAYBE. I'm not seeing 10k on a Tuesday night.

The ASU series pulled record numbers for the time, over 11k.  Granted, it was 1vs1, however this is Texas and Hog fans will be excited for the series.  It's a series against a still familiar big name. 

The prediction hinges on, obviously, decent weather.  If the weather is good, the students will have the hogpen full.

SPAL

I hope that's the case. I would love to admit that I'm wrong on this one.....

BroyledNutts

March 13 & 14 ... More than likely 6-7k for the evening game ... It would also depend, I think, on how well the Hogs do in the season leading up to this series ... Undefeated, or few losses, and highly ranked, there will be more attendance ... A bad start, no ranking, cool or damp weather, and it could be 3k ... We'll be there, that's all I really know ...

TexasDad

Don't know about the attendance, but I'll be making the trek. I'd heard this was a possibility last season and was really hoping since a since a good friend's kid was a juco pickup for Texas this season (Trev's HS and Juco teammate). I'm looking forward to showing off Fayetteville!

dotnet

when is spring break in relation to the Texas games?

spe450

hogfan98

If the weather is nice you'll have close 20k over the two games.  If not then it's anyone's guess.  As mentioned the ASU series from a few years ago is the perfect gauge for how fans will roll out for a compelling midweek series.

ThisTeetsTaken

I'm wondering who will start those two games....

SPAL

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 11, 2018, 08:09:55 am
I'm wondering who will start those two games....

Whoever our midweek guys are. We won't throw any weekend guys with Kentucky looming that weekend.

Razorback7281

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 11, 2018, 08:52:35 am
Whoever our midweek guys are. We won't throw any weekend guys with Kentucky looming that weekend.
Good thing about playing mid week games against teams that compete in real conferences is they wont be throwing their weekend guys either. 
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 11, 2018, 08:52:35 am
I'm just wondering who our week day guys will be when that series comes around.

SPAL

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 11, 2018, 11:44:19 am
I'm just wondering who our week day guys will be when that series comes around.

My best guess would be either Murphy or mckinney, whichever one isn't in the Sunday role. The other will likely be a freshman

Kevin

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 12, 2018, 09:25:22 am
My best guess would be either Murphy or mckinney, whichever one isn't in the Sunday role. The other will likely be a freshman

I wish our McKinney expert would come back and give us an update

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Kevin on October 27, 2017, 10:55:44 am
texas march 13 & 14
http://www.texassports.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball

Damn, mid week game but kinda what I expected. I really need to figure out what games I want to go to this year. Sucks living 4 hours away.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

January 12, 2018, 02:39:41 pm #39 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:02:08 pm by ThisTeetsTaken
Aaaand I've got to be in Georgia for work on March 13&14.  Ugh!

Kevin

I am going to be there for the Tuesday game

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 12, 2018, 09:25:22 am
Of the freshmen, sounds like Caleb Bolden might be the midweek starter while Rutledge, Bonnin, Ramage, and Milligan serve more as bullpen guys.

TNhawgfan

Ok guys, give me the quick pre season scouting report on the horns. Not a team I've watched play in years
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TexasDad

January 13, 2018, 06:12:15 pm #43 Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:41:09 am by TexasDad
A scouting report... First a disclaimer, I'll be rooting for the Horns except when they are playing the Razorbacks, and even then I will be pulling for three of their players (families and boys I've known since the distance to first was 65' & 70').

Last season watching the Razorbacks (Fall thru Regionals) was my first experience with power conference D1 baseball. In comparing last Fall's Razorback team to this Fall's Longhorn team (I watched the Horn's Fall World Series), here are my thoughts:

• Defense (infield): The Longhorns had comparable infield play to last years Razorbacks (not as good at SS, but I saw several exceptional plays at 3B).
  • Defense (outfield): The Longhorn outfield was solid, but I don't feel it comes close to matching the Razorbacks (I felt OF play was a strength from beginning to end for the Hogs last season).
  • Pitching: The Longhorn pitching did not seem near as stout as last Fall's Razorbacks (consider the source, my kid was on the staff last year).
  • Offence: The Fall Longhorns did not hit as well as last Fall's Hogs either - The Horn's showed some pop, but nothing like the power I saw last Fall. Also, the Horns struggled to execute both sacrifice and squeeze bunts. 
The Hogs are stacked this year and have a wealth of talent and depth - that and playing at home should give them a significant upper-hand. However, a big difference between this year's team and last year's team is having something to prove coming off 2016. Not only were they were playing with a big chip on their shoulder - teams, fans and the media underestimated them... There really is no downside to being underestimated.

Every team the Hogs face in 2018 will be looking at them as an opportunity for a signature win, but as long as the Hogs match or exceed the intensity of their competition this has the opportunity to be a very special season.   

WPS!

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Jaxhog

I attended the fall world series along with a few other games.  Here are my thoughts.  Campbell looked to be a little more dominant than Knight last fall but I think experience gets Knight the nod as Friday starter.
My prediction is Murphy is the Sunday starter.  He missed the world series but looked good all fall. 
I give the nod to Lee and Rutledge as the mid week starters.  Lee is a draft eligible sophomore and since he projects as a pitcher at the next level, starting helps his draft status.  Additionally, if you pitch him on Tuesday, that allows the arm a few days rest before the weekend series starts.
Rutledge had two starts in the world series and i think based on comments was the top performing freshman in the fall.
Riendl was too valuable in the role he played last year.  He may get a start but without Kopps, someone has to be the long reliever.
Loeske I think is the wildcard.  If he can perform like he did his freshman year and the summer that followed that fills a major hole.
For closers I'm guessing Cronin and Bolden.  Cronin came in to close 3 of the 4 world series games.  I got the impression they were checking his durability and ability to recover. Bolden closed two games as well.
Kostyshock looked much improved and should be able to pitch quite a few innings.  Bonnin showed flashes of very good pitching.  I think at least at the start he is a middle reliever until his control improves.
I think its not going to be until the 1st of February until we know about McKinney or Scroggins.  Neither pitched to a live batter in the fall so no one really knows what to expect until then.
D1 Baseball has Campbell, Knight, Murphy, Reindl, Scroggins, McKinney and lee as potential top 10 rounds draft choices.  I think Loeske belongs in that conversation as well. 

Kevin

Got my plane tickets today. Saturday & Sunday he Kent state (got my masters from there ) then Tuesday vs Texas.