Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Porter Jr update (for those who care)

Started by mizzouman, December 12, 2017, 01:07:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Looks like the target date for him to return to full practice is sometime during the week of Jan 8th if all goes well.  Then it will be determined when he's back in playing shape.

311Hog

btw i saw where this guy is still considered a top 10 draft pick.  there is no way you can pass that up if you were him, and i would be suspicious of anyone telling this kid he should come back.

mizzouman

Quote from: 311Hog on December 12, 2017, 01:09:40 pm
btw i saw where this guy is still considered a top 10 draft pick.  there is no way you can pass that up if you were him, and i would be suspicious of anyone telling this kid he should come back.
Yeah, I think it's probably a 90% chance he'll play in 12-15 games, then jump to the NBA.  But, he has said all along, and never really changed, that if he doesn't achieve what he wants in college, he could come back for 1 more year.  His words.

But, you know how that goes.  Everything can change in April/May.  He can make tons of $$.  Hard to pass up.

JONAS

Quote from: mizzouman on December 12, 2017, 01:19:46 pm
Yeah, I think it's probably a 90% chance he'll play in 12-15 games, then jump to the NBA.  But, he has said all along, and never really changed, that if he doesn't achieve what he wants in college, he could come back for 1 more year.  His words.

But, you know how that goes.  Everything can change in April/May.  He can make tons of $$.  Hard to pass up.

I thought he was done for the year.

mizzouman

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 01:31:13 pm
I thought he was done for the year.
Mizzou medical staff said the he could avoid surgery and do rehab and play.  He wanted a second opinion.  Got it in Dallas and had surgery the day after. 

He was told it would be a 3-4 month recovery process before he could start practice.  That would have put him in the mid Feb/mid March timeframe.  So the worse case scenario out for the year.

However, it didn't appear to be as bad as the second opinion stated and the surgery went well.  Rehab is going well and the latest I heard is that he's 4 weeks from practicing.

But, as back injuries go, they are very unpredictable.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

As someone who has back/neck issues, I can't comprehend him trying to play that soon. That's so much pressure on the discs jumping/landing. But then again, I am in my 40's. The young do heal quicker.