Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Key to what...

Started by Iwastherein1969, October 17, 2017, 12:25:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

is really going on with the UA football program will be known only when Bielema either leaves or is asked to leave. What does that mean? Watch the assistant coaches. Bielema will certainly get another job because he has had tremendous success at a top shelf university in a very good conference. What I mean by 'watch the assistant coaches', is see how many follow Bielema to his next location. Particularly Dan Enos. Dan Enos holds the truth about our football program inside that head of his. but Enos cannot afford to say anything right now.

So if the BOT has the nads to send Bielema packing, the veil of truth will be lifted by the assistant coaches and how they react. It's my opinion that none of count will follow Bielema if he does leave. Well maybe the OL coach but he may not be asked to tag along with CBB. Yeah, we'll all know the whole truth when Bielema moves out.

ad: I wish Long would go first but the BOT realizes that they likely need not let Jeff Long go until all the improvements are made to Razorback Stadium. Long is pretty slick, he figures as long as he has some sort of building project going he's not going to be asked to vacate his office. The smartest man in every room he enters is proving his moniker is correct.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DoctorSusscrofa

This is clearly true because whenever a coach leaves one school and goes to another the direction of the assistant coaches always totally reveals everything that was secretly going on. 
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

longpig

Only way you can judge by who follows is the size of the assistant salary pool at the place offering.  Bielema's next gig (assuming he transitions straight into an HC job) may/likely won't be in the price range of anyone but Anderson.  To add, Jeff Long isn't constantly scheming to maintain leverage on the BOT to keep his job, he's simply doing his job.  Doing his job extremely well.
Don't be scared, be smart.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 17, 2017, 12:25:22 pm
is really going on with the UA football program will be known only when Bielema either leaves or is asked to leave. What does that mean? Watch the assistant coaches. Bielema will certainly get another job because he has had tremendous success at a top shelf university in a very good conference. What I mean by 'watch the assistant coaches', is see how many follow Bielema to his next location. Particularly Dan Enos. Dan Enos holds the truth about our football program inside that head of his. but Enos cannot afford to say anything right now.

So if the BOT has the nads to send Bielema packing, the veil of truth will be lifted by the assistant coaches and how they react. It's my opinion that none of count will follow Bielema if he does leave. Well maybe the OL coach but he may not be asked to tag along with CBB. Yeah, we'll all know the whole truth when Bielema moves out.

ad: I wish Long would go first but the BOT realizes that they likely need not let Jeff Long go until all the improvements are made to Razorback Stadium. Long is pretty slick, he figures as long as he has some sort of building project going he's not going to be asked to vacate his office. The smartest man in every room he enters is proving his moniker is correct.

Love that profile pic!!!!

Oklahawg

A bigger key: CBB came here with a large number of assistants. All have moved on to coordinator, HC, or NFL gigs. He was suddenly out of his comfort zone, recruiting assistant coaches to Wisconsin.

When CBB is back for 2018 (gonna happen short of a meltdown in November), see who gets purged and how they are released. CBB was real polite and kind to Segrest and Robb Smith last year. Will he have that same patience? Can he allow assistants to land on their feet, as before, or does he have to purge quickly so a good replacement is in place without missing a beat?

My bet is Enos leaves for another OC gig and Anderson returns to the NFL. What follows will be the career hire for CBB - his future will depend on getting those replacements perfect.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PorkRinds

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 17, 2017, 02:52:39 pm
A bigger key: CBB came here with a large number of assistants. All have moved on to coordinator, HC, or NFL gigs. He was suddenly out of his comfort zone, recruiting assistant coaches to Wisconsin.

When CBB is back for 2018 (gonna happen short of a meltdown in November), see who gets purged and how they are released. CBB was real polite and kind to Segrest and Robb Smith last year. Will he have that same patience? Can he allow assistants to land on their feet, as before, or does he have to purge quickly so a good replacement is in place without missing a beat?

My bet is Enos leaves for another OC gig and Anderson returns to the NFL. What follows will be the career hire for CBB - his future will depend on getting those replacements perfect.

I feel like Enos may stay and Anderson goes.