Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long isnt that bad.. well, it could be worse

Started by Memhogs, October 16, 2017, 07:57:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memhogs

Imo long has made some pretty good hires. BP was the best coach Ark has has in 20yrs for sure.. and CBB wasnt all that bad in the beginning. He had a good past record and made some good hires. Looks like he just cant make a team play in the SEC. Now that he knows his time is limited he may not be trying all that hard either. Id be happy with CBB gone and Long stays... but id also be happy if we cleaned house all the way to AD.
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

HardCore

Quote from: Memhogs on October 16, 2017, 07:57:59 pm
Imo long has made some pretty good hires. BP was the best coach Ark has has in 20yrs for sure.. and CBB wasnt all that bad in the beginning. He had a good past record and made some good hires. Looks like he just cant make a team play in the SEC. Now that he knows his time is limited he may not be trying all that hard either. Id be happy with CBB gone and Long stays... but id also be happy if we cleaned house all the way to AD.

Need to clear house all the way to the AD
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Hogwild

Quoteand CBB wasnt all that bad in the beginning.

yeah those first dozen conference games were fantastic, no wait

Poker_hog

Long's brand of "winning is secondary" is hurting the university.
It's time for him to move on.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

sigpooie

Long like most school administrators thinks he's a businessman. They have all used tax and donations to built a padded budget from hell. Most, like long, are idiots on longterm projections and should not be allowed to hire coaches. Because as I said in my first statement,  they are idiots.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Redhogs

Well I see Nebraska just hired a new AD described as a "fierce competitor" ...looks like Jeffie did not makes the grade....we still stuck with him. His name is Bill Moos.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

thebignasty

Quote from: sigpooie on October 17, 2017, 08:29:26 am
Long like most school administrators thinks he's a businessman. They have all used tax and donations to built a padded budget from hell. Most, like long, are idiots on longterm projections and should not be allowed to hire coaches. Because as I said in my first statement,  they are idiots.

Say whatever you want about Long, but he has typically done a good job managing the money:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkansas-one-of-24-financially-self-supporting-programs-in-ncaa/
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Pork Twain

The carpetbagger and Yankee shtick are pretty tired and lame.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/