Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One good thing about us having a rebuilding year

Started by rotu, November 12, 2008, 09:25:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rotu

Our bad record could effect the Whine horns strength of schedule and possibly knock them out of the BCS title game. I live in Dallas and couldn't stand to see them win a national championship.

USAF Hog

I agree. I wish we could have a bad record every year, so our opponents couldn't go to the championship game. Yeah, that'd teach 'em!

DeltaBoy

I agree this could help bit the Horns in the butt and that just thrills my soul!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kilgor

You sir are obviously an eternal optimist.

Screw the whorns any way we can.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

TripleJ

Texas is in a bad spot anyways. If OU beats TT then they will be ahead of UT and TT in the BCS which will give them the Big12 south title. I do not see us really having any effect on UT at all. Thanks for being positive about it though! haha

taintlint

November 14, 2008, 10:47:21 am #5 Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 10:48:52 am by taintlint
Quote from: TripleJ on November 14, 2008, 10:42:37 am
Texas is in a bad spot anyways. If OU beats TT then they will be ahead of UT and TT in the BCS which will give them the Big12 south title. I do not see us really having any effect on UT at all. Thanks for being positive about it though! haha

Texas is hanging on to BCS slot #3 and will go nowhere but down from there, even if they win out.

Bama and Tech win out, they stay #1 and #2

Bama or Tech lose to UF (#4) or OU (#5), Texas is jumped.

Additionally, Texas finishes with two teams worse than Arkansas while the 4 teams around them have schedules from hell. Texas has ZERO chance of going anywhere but down and are no more in the NC picture than Arkansas is.

TripleJ

Quote from: taintlint on November 14, 2008, 10:47:21 am
Texas is hanging on to BCS slot #3 and will go nowhere but down from there, even if they win out.

Additionally, Texas finishes with two teams worse than Arkansas while the 4 teams around them have schedules from hell. Texas has ZERO chance of going anywhere but down and are no more in the NC picture than Arkansas is.

Thank you for further proving my point :)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: taintlint on November 14, 2008, 10:47:21 am

I agree. TT wins vs. OU, they stay at the top with only Baylor left to play. OU wins, they still have to play OSU and that could be a game for the ages as well. Texas, if they pummel Kansas, only has A&M left(but A&M as poor as they seem, have a tendency to play Texas tough) and in terms of SOS, Texas has the low end of the stick. They have little chance unless OU loses to Tech and Tech loses to Baylor(as if). You are right, they have little chance of getting to the NC game and in any case, their fate isn;t in their hands any longer. They blew that when they got beat by Tech.
Go Hogs Go!