Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ground War in Iraq / Syria

Started by Old Tusk, September 07, 2014, 05:05:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YankHog

I"m going to throw out another debate here about Iraq, I agree with most of what Chief said and have been arguing around and around and around about that I think most of us agree that we follow the orders given to us whether we agree with them or not as long as they are legal, moral and ethical (the debate has been how we express that).  Now to the last little bit of the Chief's statement, we know the reasons Bush has given for why we were in Iraq,  we also know that he ruled with an Iron fist, that he brutally crushed any inkling of political dissent, gassed his own people (a minority), and invaded and plundered a neighboring country, would we still not do (or be willing to do) the same thing? sounds remarkably similar to something someone else did 75 years ago?  just tossing that out for comment...

bigredone

Quote from: LSUFan on September 07, 2014, 09:45:11 pm
Americans will continue to die as we sit upon the largest and most powerful arsenal in the world.

Patton is spinning in his grave.

Sad but true.

Old Tusk

Bush 1/ Chenny said we didn't invade Iraq after the first Gulf War because it would create a vacuum that Iran would fill. Bush 2 jumped in and guess what.  But I'm sure pm sure an invasion will be successful this time. 
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Großer Kriegschwein

I did not have to go to Iraq in 2004 for OIF II. Had just returned from Afghanistan and had a "bye" on it IAW the MEF CG's policy for rotation in and out of theater.

Waived it and volunteered as a 27 year old idealist that didn't really agree with the overall premise of the invasion while we were still engaged in Afghanistan. (the don't complain if you don't show up thing).

OIF II changed my entire outlook on Iraq. I supported it fully after Fallujah 1 & Ramadi after the Suleiman assasination. We had the city evacuated and should have turned it in to a parking lot ala Hama, Syria circa 1982.
This is my non-signature signature.

Pork Twain

Iraq 2 was all about pride and finishing what his dad could not and securing our foothold in that area.  There are bigger threats in the Middle East and there are much bigger atrocities occurring every day, all over Africa.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/