Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashback: 2000 Boise State

Started by Jborohog09, March 22, 2015, 12:09:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Highlights of the win over Boise State in 2000, enjoy!

SoCal Hog

Thanks for posting. I forgot about this game. Wasn't this the only loss for Boise that season?
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

Hogarusa

They finished 10-2 with the 2nd loss to Wahington State
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

bennyl08

Was production quality really that bad in 2000? Feels like that game was filmed in the 80's or something, wow.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ZERO

I'm sure the video's YouTube quality doesn't help, but yeah, I can't believe how old the 2000's look.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

bennyl08

Quote from: ZERO on March 22, 2015, 02:18:32 pm
I'm sure the video's YouTube quality doesn't help, but yeah, I can't believe how old the 2000's look.

Lord of the rings had finished filming a year before this game happened. Jurassic Park and Independence Day still look better than some of the movies today. Just weird to think that sports broadcasting wasn't there yet.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jborohog09

I think it was just that station or whoever was doing the game was the reason the quality isn't that great. Plus it was originally recorded on a VHS.  I have other games from before then with much better quality.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I sat on the same row as Ray Tucker... At one point I noted how Boise had one black guy on the field and we had one white guy. Ray said, "I don't look at them like that" My friend sitting beside me happened to be black and he said, "Don't worry. I noticed it too dog"...  We were drunk, and to his credit Ray was not...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 22, 2015, 02:03:13 pm
Was production quality really that bad in 2000? Feels like that game was filmed in the 80's or something, wow.

Boise pay per view... I always wanted to watch the whole thing cause when we were walking in the cameras were rolling...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hogsolo

BSU was very impressed with that visit and the fans.   

They took "that's another razorback " first down to use at the Bronco home games.   

The coaches, their sports casters, and the BSU sports department are all complimentary of the visits they made to Arkansas.

I was just glad we won!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MtIndian

Quote from: IAMHogholio on March 23, 2015, 02:39:20 am
BSU was very impressed with that visit and the fans.   

They took "that's another razorback " first down to use at the Bronco home games.   

The coaches, their sports casters, and the BSU sports department are all complimentary of the visits they made to Arkansas.

I was just glad we won!

Yep, took the first down cheer from that game, there's no way they ever heard it when they played Washington State  http://www.cougarathleticfund.com/about/GlennJohnson.html

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: MtIndian on March 26, 2015, 11:08:09 am
Yep, took the first down cheer from that game, there's no way they ever heard it when they played Washington State  http://www.cougarathleticfund.com/about/GlennJohnson.html

Why would anyone take that from anyone?  My God, it's so obvious.

Really?   Could you even copyright that?
What would be next, "I'm hungry, and it's dinner time!"?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hhicNaychaBoi

Coach Gore took us to that game with the recruits. After the game we went into the locker room met some of the players. I got Just Scott's gloves and my teammate Chris Baker got Boo William's gloves. Experiencing the hog call at a packed stadium is something everyone should do before they die.

Letsroll1200

HognitiveDissonance

The thing I remember about that game was the Hogs dominating early, then surprising Boise with an onside kick, which led to another quick score. Hogs rolled up a big lead in the first half and was laying the wood to BSU.

They needed that big lead as Boise battled back and made a good game of it in the second half.

Pigor Mortis

Interesting.  I was at that game and had a memory that we won by like three TD's, not survived to win by one.  Close game.

It also seems like their QB also broke his leg in that game (or maybe it was later that year). 

Anyway, fun to see it again.  Particularly the TD by Boo Williams at the 3:33 mark in the clip. Also fun to see Cobbs running free.

DeltaBoy

C-4 was a beast when he was healthy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ATLHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 31, 2015, 09:21:08 am
C-4 was a beast when he was healthy.
I still can't believe he didn't have any kind of pro career. The guy was IMPRESSIVE.