Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SHOUT OUT TO DUWOP

Started by lumphog, March 19, 2015, 01:38:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lumphog

Thanks buddy for hanging in there and making the move to WR. We're gonna need you & I have a feelin you're gonna be a VERY good WR........God Bless   :razorback: :razorback:

TechHog

I think he's going to be a pleasant surprise too. 

online-with-swine

PaintballHog

Don't know much about Duwop, I'll admit. Have the coaches talked about him this offseason at all?

ricepig

ThisTeetsTaken

He could be a nice player at WR.  Maybe a Josh Reed type guy.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hobhog

He seems to have a great burst and good in open field. Love to see him break thru. If so, tip of hat to coach BB for working it out with him.....

nchogg

I think he will make strides with our new OC. Keep it simple so they can play fast without confusion.

Prestworthy

Curious why he didn't get much PT at all last year but some are expecting big things from him this year?  Basically the entire WR core comes back.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Prestworthy on March 19, 2015, 05:54:06 pm
Curious why he didn't get much PT at all last year but some are expecting big things from him this year?  Basically the entire WR core comes back.

I would suggest that the coaching staff knows all of the "why's and wherefore's" as it relates to Damon Mitchell. They know why he didn't excel last year and why he appears to be achieving a lot more this year. Sometimes when "the light comes" on for a kid that is a great athlete but has yet to demonstrate that, he excels to such a point that he can pass others on the depth chart.

I'm not saying that this is 100% the case with Mitchell because I don't know that to be the case. What I do know is that Bielema and apparently visiting coaches have all been very impressed with his physical appearance and ability, so more than likely the level of success that he achieves and where lands on the depth chart, is more up to him, than anyone else. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

hogsfan31

According to some of the things Coach B said, I am thinking he may not have grasped Cheney's Playbook. Also could have been why our offense hasn't been producing. You've been hearing the coaches talking about simplifying things lately.

Hawgzinbowlz

An excellent athlete who has received looks at multiple positions. In the '14 R&W he played a little receiver, kick returner and RB.
This may be the evolution of an outstanding player who played QB in high school and came to college with the understanding that he would have an opportunity to compete for the QB position...when that proved that it would not happen it has taken a while for both the coaches and the player to have him at a position that he could succeed and be able to contribute to the teams success consistently.
I hope Mr. Mitchell is all in at the WR position as he is athletic enough to catch the ball, run in space and take the hits that SEC secondary's will apply (think Alabama).
He's a baller' and this article may be a year early.
http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/5/16/5722798/can-damon-mitchell-be-a-difference-maker-for-arkansas-next-season-razorbacks-duwop

" GO HOGS "

Prestworthy

I'd love to see him run some wildhog.  The one play that stands out for me from last season was when he took a snap from shotgun and rolled right, the receiver wasn't open downfield, and he quickly tucked the ball and ran for a first down.  I believe it was vs Ole Miss. 

ThisTeetsTaken

When he had the ball in his hand last year he looked fast and smooth. Maybe if he made a move to WR full time he would see playing time.  He was playing RB last year and didn't get many touches for obvious reasons.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

FATHAWG08

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 19, 2015, 08:34:58 pm
When he had the ball in his hand last year he looked fast and smooth. Maybe if he made a move to WR full time he would see playing time.  He was playing RB last year and didn't get many touches for obvious reasons.
The few times I saw him with the ball in his hands, he had that look of a smooth natural looking player. I agree if he gets the reps this spring & summer he could be a pleasant surprise to our offense & special teams.
I love off season Football!!

IronMountainHog

We need to get Duwop 50 catches and 500 receiving yards in 2015. We then need him to convince his 4 star WR little brother to join him on the Razorbacks in 2016.

bennyl08

He reminds me a bit of George Wilson. I think he can be a very solid WR for us and is a great athlete, but he probably doesn't have the measurables to do much in the NFL at receiver. However, playing safety is a different story. His highlights from HS were most impressive at safety and even coach has mentioned he thinks safety is ideal for Damon. I think he could be a solid B at WR, but would be an A- at safety.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 20, 2015, 12:05:28 am
...I think he could be a solid B at WR, but would be an A- at safety.

Agreed.
Excellent athlete that needs to buy in, 100%, wherever he settles.

" GO HOGS "

Hawgzinbowlz

•WR Damon Mitchell continues to impress the coaches with his athleticism and toughness and made several plays in 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 periods.

Posted after the first day in pads for '15. Not surprising that he may emerge as a contributor towards our teams success.

" GO HOGS "

la20688

Good call by OP! He could be one of the big stories of the season. Just like Derby was year.

Hoggish1

Got to admire a kid who keeps plugging!  Go, Duwop, GO!!

Wildhog

The good thing about a new coordinator is that everyone gets a fresh start.  Sounds like it was just what Duwop needed.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on March 20, 2015, 10:06:09 am
The good thing about a new coordinator is that everyone gets a fresh start.  Sounds like it was just what Duwop needed.

And you.  It's just what you needed too.  ;)

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on March 20, 2015, 10:06:09 am

Wait a minute...What are you guys talking about?

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on November 28, 2014, 06:50:11 pm
Chaney isn't going anywhere. You can quit worrying about that

PRJ
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 20, 2015, 10:47:08 am
Wait a minute...What are you guys talking about?

Yeah, a lot of egg on a lot of faces over that deal.  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on March 20, 2015, 11:25:53 am
Yeah, a lot of egg on a lot of faces over that deal.  :)

Mine included.  I didn't see any way he was gone. 

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 20, 2015, 11:28:25 am
Mine included.  I didn't see any way he was gone. 

And then JT leaves.  We've had just an outstanding offseason, thus far.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

But back to the topic, I think Duwop has a break out year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on March 20, 2015, 11:32:13 am
But back to the topic, I think Duwop has a break out year.

Outside guy?

joshUARK

I was baffled as to why he didn't play more last year. He stood out every time he touched the ball. He was fast & shifty. We didn't have a lot of that. I just assumed he was in the doghouse or didn't know the playbook because his athleticism was too high not to be on the field.

mhuff

Quote from: lumphog on March 19, 2015, 01:38:30 pm
Thanks buddy for hanging in there and making the move to WR. We're gonna need you & I have a feelin you're gonna be a VERY good WR........God Bless   :razorback: :razorback:

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

lumphog

Quote from: la20688 on March 20, 2015, 09:00:26 am
Good call by OP! He could be one of the big stories of the season. Just like Derby was year.
Agree...... after listening to CBB's presser, sounds like he will be just that....This years Derby..... CBB has a history of taking guys and putting them in a position to thrive....... What excited me the most was his quotes about the NFL guys asking "Who is that guy ?" There HAS to be a reason.... for those questions. I pullin for you Duwop!!!!!

rhames

He looked good running the ball on the few touches he got last year
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 19, 2015, 08:34:58 pm

He looked like the fasted guy on the field excepting KM.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

The NewEra

According to coach B  they are running about 33% more passing plays this year. That  apparently is really exciting the receivers.  It's showing a dedication to the passing game and putting an emphasis on it which they will need in order to be successful.  That explains why our passing game was never really that good under Cheney but that in itself is a real head scratcher with his history of throwing the ball.  I can see where this would excite Mitchell and the other receivers.

20hog11

From everything I've seen and heard so far this spring, it looks like Duwop may have a breakout season in the fall. He's getting a lot of love early on. Good for him.

gmarv

I hope he has a great year.he and our hogs could use it.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 19, 2015, 02:31:58 pm
He could be a nice player at WR.  Maybe a Josh Reed type guy.
a nice player ?  this guy could be a difference maker...as in winning or losing a game....I've been wanting to see Du Wop on the field for two years now and its time for him to unleash his skills...good quarterbacks usually make excellent wide receivers because they know when and where they should be given the circumstances the QB finds himself in...as in, flushed from the pocket, under a heavy rush, and so on....think Julian Edleman of the New England Patriots, he was a fine QB at Kent St and now he is one of Tom Brady's main targets.....fret not, Du Wop, this change may get you in the NFL yet
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

azhog10

Just in time to start recruiting his brother who is a stud receiver.

bennyl08

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 21, 2015, 08:03:51 am
a nice player ?  this guy could be a difference maker...as in winning or losing a game....I've been wanting to see Du Wop on the field for two years now and its time for him to unleash his skills...good quarterbacks usually make excellent wide receivers because they know when and where they should be given the circumstances the QB finds himself in...as in, flushed from the pocket, under a heavy rush, and so on....think Julian Edleman of the New England Patriots, he was a fine QB at Kent St and now he is one of Tom Brady's main targets.....fret not, Du Wop, this change may get you in the NFL yet

I see him more in the mold of Brandon Mitchell. Obviously he isn't as big and is a bit faster, but similar. Very fluid athlete who is big and tough. BM had some really good games at WR. I mostly expect to see a similar (but with the above differences) on-field presence. Of course, BM was also still taking some reps at QB if i remember correctly and he was playing under smiley. So, one has to translate BM's impact to somebody playing wr full time and under a competent coach.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HAWG MAFIA

Hope he makes a big impact this season!!! fingers crossed