Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K. Edwards is GONE!

Started by FBREW000, March 18, 2015, 12:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

It sounds lke he may have been disrespectful to some people, whoever they may be, and it got back to coach B. That coupled with his recent issues sealed his fate.

Athog

Quote from: Piglet Dispersion Syndrome on March 18, 2015, 12:41:35 pm
CBB alluded to having some issues (paraphrasing) with Florida kids in a press conference a while back, I guess we know what that really meant now.

I think hem said (paraphrasing here) that having trouble with one from south Florida Not Florida kids. I guess we do know now. I would read into it he was having trouble with all Florida kids!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Athog on March 20, 2015, 10:39:17 am
I think hem said (paraphrasing here) that having trouble with one from south Florida Not Florida kids. I guess we do know now. I would read into it he was having trouble with all Florida kids!

His quote was along the lines of "we need to clean up our Florida recruiting".

Hogdomer

His Twitter still has him in uniform with a hog background.  He's still active in Twitter often, so you would think he would remove that.

Hogdomer

In fact, Edwards says on Twitter he is still a Hog.

SpineHog

There was a pic of KE hanging out with JoJo in Miami on spring break. A Twitter follower replied to KE's tweet with "I like that you have an ARKANSAS shirt on!!!!", and KE simply replied "still a hog"

That interaction happened 2 hours ago, with no subsequent details.  Read into it what you will.

GatorHog

Quote from: Hogdomer on March 21, 2015, 08:02:41 pm
His Twitter still has him in uniform with a hog background.  He's still active in Twitter often, so you would think he would remove that.

On the same day, he follows Wake Forest's WR coach and Sara Jay, self-described F***Star and former oral sex champion. HAHAH -- keep that college football jersey on as long as it works

31to6

March 22, 2015, 09:57:29 pm #257 Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:28:03 am by 31to6
Quote from: SpineHog on March 22, 2015, 09:14:10 pm
There was a pic of KE hanging out with JoJo in Miami on spring break. A Twitter follower replied to KE's tweet with "I like that you have an ARKANSAS shirt on!!!!", and KE simply replied "still a hog"

That interaction happened 2 hours ago, with no subsequent details.  Read into it what you will.
According to this article (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/we-love-bret-bielemas-no-nonsense-discipline/ ) about CBB and his approach to discipline, KE is suspended for the Spring and allowed to contact other programs.

I suppose that could mean there is a window for him to be re-instated....

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: 31to6 on March 22, 2015, 09:57:29 pm
According to this article (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/we-love-bret-bielemas-no-nonsense-discipline/ ) about CBB and his approach to discipline, KE is suspended for the Spring and allowed to contact other programs.

I suppose that could mean there is a window for him to be re-instated....
The window seems to be open as long as he does the right thing this Spring.  If he wants to leave CBB will assist him!  That how I see it!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on March 23, 2015, 09:22:58 am
The window seems to be open as long as he does the right thing this Spring.  If he wants to leave CBB will assist him!  That how I see it!
Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on March 23, 2015, 09:22:58 am

I love CBB but CBB and the NCAA need to get over the marijuana issue. Its NOT that big of a deal. Its legal in almost 10 states and should be everywhere. NCAA needs to get out of the old man ways. Alcohol is worse than marijuana but the NCAA doesn't see that.

Wildhog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 23, 2015, 09:28:04 am

I love CBB but CBB and the NCAA need to get over the marijuana issue. Its NOT that big of a deal. Its legal in almost 10 states and should be everywhere. NCAA needs to get out of the old man ways. Alcohol is worse than marijuana but the NCAA doesn't see that.

I don't disagree with you, but those are the rules that they agreed to.  It's not like they don't know.  We had to go to several substance abuse seminars/lectures when I was in school.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 23, 2015, 09:28:04 am

It's a big deal to most coaches and in the private sector employers. There is a lot of data that both supports and debunks your alcohol is worse than statement one the years. You can believe either way and be right in different persons and experts views. When they sign up they know the rules they are expected to follow. IF they don't want to follow them then don't sign up. As an employer that has employees working with the public and customers daily I do not allow what is still ILLEGAL in most states and in most employment places even IF legal.   
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wildhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2015, 10:30:47 am
It's a big deal to most coaches and in the private sector employers. There is a lot of data that both supports and debunks your alcohol is worse than statement one the years. You can believe either way and be right in different persons and experts views.

No, there isn't a lot of data to debunk it.  Alcohol is much, much, much more dangerous than pot.  That's a fact. 

But it doesn't change the fact that that's what these kids signed up for.  When it's federally legalized, I'll expect the NCAA to change it's policy.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on March 23, 2015, 10:34:28 am
No, there isn't a lot of data to debunk it.  Alcohol is much, much, much more dangerous than pot.  That's a fact. 

But it doesn't change the fact that that's what these kids signed up for.  When it's federally legalized, I'll expect the NCAA to change it's policy.

There has been a LOT of stuff shown over the years where EITHER could be worse. THAT is the fact. It isn't a fact one way or the other.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wildhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2015, 01:14:51 pm
There has been a LOT of stuff shown over the years where EITHER could be worse. THAT is the fact. It isn't a fact one way or the other.

Take it down to politics so I can rip this to shreds.

Please.
1909/1964/1965/1977

WoodyHog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 23, 2015, 01:15:31 pm
Take it down to politics so I can rip this to shreds.

Please.

Either is not beneficial to a football player, so your debate is pointless.

Wildhog

Quote from: WoodyHog on March 23, 2015, 02:05:07 pm
Either is not beneficial to a football player, so your debate is pointless.

Hence the whole "move it to politics" thing.  It doesn't belong in MMQB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on March 23, 2015, 02:06:12 pm
Hence the whole "move it to politics" thing.  It doesn't belong in MMQB.

Yet you keep posting here...................

Wildhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2015, 02:21:51 pm
Yet you keep posting here...................

And I'm trying to get it moved to politics.
1909/1964/1965/1977

TheRazorbackGuy

It's a big deal to most coaches and in the private sector employers. There is a lot of data that both supports and debunks your alcohol is worse than statement one the years. You can believe either way and be right in different persons and experts views. When they sign up they know the rules they are expected to follow. IF they don't want to follow them then don't sign up. As an employer that has employees working with the public and customers daily I do not allow what is still ILLEGAL in most states and in most employment places even IF legal.   

Seems like things are working out better here in Denver than anywhere in the state of Arkansas. No law and order moto here over small things like arresting people for marijuana. Legalizing pot did no damage to Denver. It seems that people here are nice.

nchogg

It makes no difference if a substance is legal or not. If it's aginst the rules you don't do it. The players know what is expected of them when they come here. I hope there is a window open for KE and he does what he is suppose to do. It's his choice. In the work place it's not about what you want but what your employer wants and their rules. Thats life.

HSVhogfan2

Private sector employers don't shoot employees hamstrings up to get another game out of them. They don't have company Dr prescribe opiates for pain either.

It is a social issue, not an issue of what's worst, or (my favorite) "we just want what's best for the kids".
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 23, 2015, 03:03:44 pm
Private sector employers don't shoot employees hamstrings up to get another game out of them. They don't have company Dr prescribe opiates for pain either.

It is a social issue, not an issue of what's worst, or (my favorite) "we just want what's best for the kids".

Just like their choices to smoke, so do they have a choice on the needle.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: ricepig on March 23, 2015, 03:05:20 pm
Just like their choices to smoke, so do they have a choice on the needle.

Really. LOL. Let's just say they are "strongly encouraged" to do what it takes to play.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

BobbyE72

This is what amazes me. Neither substsance is "good" for anyone but the justification used for legalization is "alcohol is worse". Really. Thats where we are as a society. Your intoxicant is worse than mine, in my opinion, so it should be legal to get high. Funny thing, marijuana smoke has been proven to contain more tar and carcinogens than unfiltereds cigarettes, but we geniuses are trying to make smoking a cigarette illegal while making pot smoking legal. What is our justification for the war on cigarettes............... smoking them causes cancer. But hey at least the pot smoker with cancer won't be sick from his chemo. This world never ceases to amaze me. No 18 year old should be drinking or smoking pot. Both substances are bad for your health. Call a spade a spade. Legalization is only an issue cause rich kids want to get high legally. The whole legalization argument is a farce. If you could see what I see in a day and what the  drug culture does to the children of our communities, you would never agree to legalization. Marijuana is harmful. In many more ways than one.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 23, 2015, 03:18:25 pm
Really. LOL. Let's just say they are "strongly encouraged" to do what it takes to play.

They are still choices they make.