Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Statues

Started by redleg, March 18, 2015, 09:41:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

I just finished an article at Saturdaydownsouth.com about statues at SEC stadiums. The Frank Broyles statue was of course mentioned, but I want to know, will we ever get a Brandon Burlsworth statue?! If any player, since Arkansas doesn't have any Heisman winners, ever deserved to have a statue erected it is Burls!
:razorback:
Also, Nolan Richardson getting a banner was great, but the guy won a basketball national title! Shouldn't the court in BWA be named after him, and shouldn't he get a statue too?!  ???
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Peter Porker

Everyone should get a statue. Everyone.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: redleg on March 18, 2015, 09:41:37 am

Also, Nolan Richardson getting a banner was great, but the guy won a basketball national title! Shouldn't the court in BWA be named after him, and shouldn't he get a statue too?!  ???

Using that rationale, there should be 40 John McD statues on campus. And now one for Lance Harter.

redleg

40? I think one statue with a plaque reading about all of his championships would suffice, don't you?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

CPL HOG

Quote from: redleg on March 18, 2015, 12:35:09 pm
40? I think one statue with a plaque reading about all of his championships would suffice, don't you?

that is already done right

Rod6275

how about Bobby on  a  motorcycle?
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

lumphog

Quote from: Rod6275 on March 18, 2015, 03:11:09 pm

With a hot blonde on back

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: redleg on March 18, 2015, 12:35:09 pm

I kid

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: lumphog on March 18, 2015, 03:36:59 pm

He would be gripping the handlebars. What would she be gripping?

Huds_HawgTide

Burls, dmac, corliss, moncrief, nolan, lance alworth, dan hampton, john daly
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The_Iceman

If anyone deserves one, I think Darren McFadden has the qualifications for one:

Freshman SEC Offensive P.O.Y. (2005)
2x Consensus All-American (2006, 2007)
2x Doak Walker Award (2006, 2007)
Jim Brown Trophy (2006)
Walter Camp Award (2007)
2× Heisman Trophy Runner-up (2006, 2007)
2x SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2006, 2007)
Maxwell Award finalist (2007)
2nd All-Time SEC Rushing with 5,259 yards (behind only Herschel Walker)
Holds virtually all Arkansas rushing records

Swine-as-wine

Nothing at all against BB, but there would be an air of political correctness about that,
that would give me a sharp pain in my gut.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

OldCoot

Nolan deserves one.
McDonnel deserves one.
Frank's got one.

That's it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 18, 2015, 10:31:04 am

and a certificate of authenticity..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Then we have to have a discussion about what is considered a hot blonde........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogs run wild

Quote from: OldCoot on March 19, 2015, 07:35:56 am
Nolan deserves one.
McDonnel deserves one.
Frank's got one.

That's it.
^This!
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

twistitup

Jacob Skinner needs one...simply named The Punter

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jgphillips3

I think Nolan should get one.  I think John McDonnel should get a statue and he should be leaning ever so slightly to one side, arm resting at shoulder height on a mountain of NC trophies.

TrueBlue

If a player deserves one, it has to be Bambi... NFL Hall of Fame, College Football Hall of Fame, and multiple All American teams while at Arkansas. Still holds multiple receiving records in the NFL and over 10,000 career receiving yards.

Hogfaniam

Calm down there Oprah...
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

josh_sec33

Ask texas about how NOT to make statues.

(Y'all remember those monstrosities?)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

jvanhorn

Nolan deserves one.
McDonnel deserves one.
Frank's got one.

That's it.
what about Norm Debryn [spelling, LOL]--and Van Horn is getting pretty close.

Since we aren't doing players I won't mention Lance Alworth--but I think it has to start with him.

Smokehouse

Let's construct statues for some Hogville greats. I nominate whatsshakinbacon.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

FORTVEGAS

I would be ok with this....Hogs and 'Merica

PorkSoda

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 19, 2015, 08:04:06 am
and a certificate of authenticity..........................
and a hot blonde
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

sooeey pig pig pig

sooeey pig pig pig

I can't find the really good ones.  Maybe someone else knows...

sooeey pig pig pig

Theolesnort

Quote from: redleg on March 18, 2015, 09:41:37 am
I just finished an article at Saturdaydownsouth.com about statues at SEC stadiums. The Frank Broyles statue was of course mentioned, but I want to know, will we ever get a Brandon Burlsworth statue?! If any player, since Arkansas doesn't have any Heisman winners, ever deserved to have a statue erected it is Burls!
:razorback:
Yes and it should be the biggest on campus and with the reddest shinny cowboy boots on it imaginable.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Noonan

Nolan deserves one.
McDonnel deserves one.
Frank's got one.

That's it.

There is already a full size bronze McDonnel statue on Razorback Road at Meadow St. at the corner of the outdoor track stadium, so that one is covered.

RAD

What about a statue for Dana Altman??

Statues should be for those that changed the program (for the better, obviously) on a large scale and not just players that were great for a few years.

snoblind

OldCoot

Quote from: snoblind on March 21, 2015, 10:49:25 am
/thread

Oh my.

If you dont have a NC, you dont get a statue. Period.

Except.......maybe Paul Eels.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The thing that burned me the most about CBP was THE FACT that that beyotch was not NEAR fine enough for all of that... She must have bred like a jackhammer or else he was too darned stupid for his own good...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

twistitup

Quote from: OldCoot on March 22, 2015, 10:47:06 am
Oh my.

If you dont have a NC, you dont get a statue. Period.

Except.......maybe Paul Eels.
Oh my....

It was a joke
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Iwastherein1969

Nolan deserves one.
McDonnel deserves one.
Frank's got one.

That's it.
this.....and maybe a statue of the Triplets....after all, if not for those 3 guys, there would never have been a 1994 national championship
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jackflash

The two I would like to see right now is Nolan and McDonnel.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Redleg??
Seriously??

You're living dangerously.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 22, 2015, 10:20:28 pm
The thing that burned me the most about CBP was THE FACT that that beyotch was not NEAR fine enough for all of that... She must have bred like a jackhammer or else he was too darned stupid for his own good...

Guess you didn't see her ass.
Let's make some waves.

Torqued pork

WriterWrong

Quote from: Rod6275 on March 18, 2015, 03:11:09 pm

I like it. And don't put a blonde on the back. Leave the back seat available for lady fans to sit on the back and take pictures. It could be a big draw, right?  ;D

WriterWrong

It's also amazing how many people don't seem to know that John McDonnell has a statue on campus (or know how to spell the name of the most successful coach Arkansas will ever have). He doesn't deserve one. He's got one. It exists. You can go see it today.

Calling All Hogs

We should get one for Houston Nutt if we can find the right pose to reflect his time at Arkansas.  :)

Caption: "Never Again"

Kendall

Hogcephus

Quote from: WriterWrong on March 24, 2015, 01:24:54 pm
It's also amazing how many people don't seem to know that John McDonnell has a statue on campus (or know how to spell the name of the most successful coach Arkansas will ever have). He doesn't deserve one. He's got one. It exists. You can go see it today.

Not only is it amazing that so many people don't realize that he already has one, but it's even more amazing since its been mentioned several times in this thread that he has already got one!

Razorback2010

Quote from: twistitup on March 19, 2015, 08:17:03 am
Jacob Skinner needs one...simply named The Punter

I'll second that. 

woodhog14

Quote from: Hogcephus on March 25, 2015, 02:47:04 pm
Not only is it amazing that so many people don't realize that he already has one, but it's even more amazing since its been mentioned several times in this thread that he has already got one!

I know right!

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/11/14/7224219/arkansas-unveils-john-mcdonnell-statue-in-front-of-track-facilities

Razorback2010

Every punter gets a statue!