Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is the best stadium in the SEC?

Started by RazorRick77, March 17, 2015, 05:29:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorRick77

This says it is Tiger Stadium and I have a hard time arguing with it http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/sec-stadiums/

I've been to ours, Jordan-Hare, Kyle Field, Tiger Stadium, Faurot Field and Davis Wade and don't really have a problem with these rankings.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ā 

longpig

I didn't know Arkansas's home field was named Donald W. Williams stadium and that Florida played home games on Sunday.
Don't be scared, be smart.

phadedhawg

Quote from: longpig on March 17, 2015, 05:50:24 pm
I didn't know Arkansas's home field was named Donald W. Williams stadium and that Florida played home games on Sunday.

where have you been!?!??!

sowmonella

A real joke of a list. fyi Quinton Caver is on the staff.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hogfan58

I've been to them all and Tiger Stadium is a dump, plus the fans are pieces of crap. If you like trash thrown on you, it's the place to go.

How can they put Kyle Field so high BEFORE the renovation?

Mizzou's is rated too high, is basically a glorified HS stadium.

My personal favorites, mainly for the atmosphere, are UGA, Tenn and Auburn.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Paul

Neyland is huge, the atmosphere is great but it needs a huge renovation.

Torqued pork

Bryant-Denny.

Bama has spent zillions on that stadium since Satan got there.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Torqued pork on March 18, 2015, 07:36:10 am
Bryant-Denny.

Bama has spent zillions on that stadium since Satan got there.

While I agree it is currently the best, when the rebuild of Kyle Field is complete, it will be the best in the SEC (as much as it pains me to say it).

bp

jgphillips3

We are definitely in the top half, maybe top third of stadiums in my opinion.  I would have a hard time not putting Bama's at the top.  As noted above, the D&#% Aggies are probably gonna have the best when Oil bloated Texas donors are done with it.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Inhogswetrust

Looks like their top criteria is size and not physical attributes.........................Like my wife says size doesn't matter.

Tiger stadium, Neyland, Brice Williams, Jordan Hare and the biggest majority of the swamp are nothing special. Kyle used to be but with the renovations I'll reserve judgement. I'll put DWRRS up against all of them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BOAR_N2BWILD

DWR is better than Neyland and Vought-Hemmingway in structure and beauty alone. Atmosphere on game day arguable, but not the structures.
Neyland is an dilapidated eye sore. 
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Ā 

jb11

DWR is the best because it has a big hog on the 50yd line!

texas tush hog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on March 18, 2015, 08:48:50 am
While I agree it is currently the best, when the rebuild of Kyle Field is complete, it will be the best in the SEC (as much as it pains me to say it).

bp

Currently Baylor has the best venue in the state of Texas, outside of the two pro stadiums in Arlington and Houston. The renovations I see at Kyle Field, could surpass Baylor, with DKR Memorial Stadium in Austin a distant third. DWRSS is great, but needs renos on the lower bowls. Will have to see the Kyle Field renos, before I can really annoint them.

EXSPAHOG

My trip to college station in 2012 left me with the smell of bat guano deposits in the stadium- also when is their band going to learn a 2nd song?

Jek Tono Porkins

I went to Faurot Field this year the day after Thanksgiving and wasn't all that impressed. The picture they have in the article is great and everything, but what they don't tell you is that the section in front of the scoreboard is actually grass...people bring blankets and sit on the grass.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

lahawg1

Tigger Stadium? I guess if you like walking under dripping rusty pipes that come from who knows where. That is one of the stadiums that LSWho has rode it hard and not put any money back into it, some maintenance is required..

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Paul on March 18, 2015, 07:35:45 am
Neyland is huge, the atmosphere is great but it needs a huge renovation.

The southeast exterior looks like it was last cleaned by a WPA crew.

thirrdegreetusker

RRS, because it is the closest to my house.

Hogwild

Quote from: lahawg1 on March 18, 2015, 12:30:57 pm
Tigger Stadium? I guess if you like walking under dripping rusty pipes that come from who knows where. That is one of the stadiums that LSWho has rode it hard and not put any money back into it, some maintenance is required..

When's the last time you have been?  They just completed $80 million in renovations last season.

From the stadium's that I've been to-
#1) Tiger Stadium  #2) Sanford Stadium #3)Bryant-Denny #4) Ben Hill Griffin (non SEC game) #5) DWR #6)Neyland Stadium (no game)   #7)Vaught-Hemingway Stadium #8) Vanderbilt Stadium (no game)

George S. Pigton

Bryant Deny by far the best stadium, not based on capacity or noise level but it would be in the top 1/3rd for
that as well.

Auburn, DWRRS is up there, as is UGA for nice stadiums

A&M may take the top spot once they get the remodel finished.

South Carolina is middle of the pack as is Florida

Ole Miss and Miss. State are not bad and I'll make a return trip to Tenner
to see what they have done this year.  I was last there in '02 and it was
pretty much a dump.

LSU, KY, Vandy, and MO are the bottom feeders
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

LSUFan

The exterior .

The South endzone is done, North endzone expansion is slated to go in two years.

The thing that is striking about it, is that it's so damn big and tall, almost 200 feet tall from what I heard. The improvements give it the appearance of an NFL stadium.
I've been there back in the 70s when it was a dump, it ain't a dump anymore.

Despite being 14ā€“2 at Tiger Stadium, famed Alabama head coach Bear Bryant once remarked that "Baton Rouge happens to be the worst place in the world for a visiting team.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

lahawg1

Sorry fan, touched up pics don't count. When I was there in 2013 and saw all those rusted pipes that were leaking (some were 8" or so) I just kept telling myself that they were NOT from the bathrooms. Sounded good to me in theory anyway.

Ā 

Hogwild

Quote from: LSUFan on March 18, 2015, 04:57:08 pm
The exterior .

The South endzone is done, North endzone expansion is slated to go in two years.

The North endzone is side facing the city/basketball arena?   
I was there when we played y'all last time and the work was being done on the South side, was a new scoreboard put it?

reddogjcss

LSUFan

Quote from: Hogwild on March 18, 2015, 06:31:46 pm
The North endzone is side facing the city/basketball arena?   
I was there when we played y'all last time and the work was being done on the South side, was a new scoreboard put it?
Yes
Yes, the pic I posted was of the unfinished version, there are club seats on top of the SEZ as well as the new score board/jumbo tron

LSUFan

Quote from: lahawg1 on March 18, 2015, 05:09:19 pm
Sorry fan, touched up pics don't count. When I was there in 2013 and saw all those rusted pipes that were leaking (some were 8" or so) I just kept telling myself that they were NOT from the bathrooms. Sounded good to me in theory anyway.
Oh, I ain't arguing with you, it was neglected for a LOOOOOOONG time.
All been fixed since then in the renovation.

LSUFan

I didn't read the article, what constitutes "BEST"?

Size?

Modernization?

Crowd size?

Crowd friendliness?

Decibel Level of said crowd?

Game history?

It's pretty much subjective.

I think the "BEST" stadium is one where you have the fondest memories.

jkstock04

Quote from: RazorRick77 on March 17, 2015, 05:29:16 pm
This says it is Tiger Stadium and I have a hard time arguing with it http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/sec-stadiums/

I've been to ours, Jordan-Hare, Kyle Field, Tiger Stadium, Faurot Field and Davis Wade and don't really have a problem with these rankings.
I think you've gotta be high on cocaine of you believe LSU is #1. That place is nothing more than an oversized War Memorial Stadium.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

go hogues

Ours is brought down a lot by that Pp yellow BAC in the NEZ. Why they don't paint that red is beyond me.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: EXSPAHOG on March 18, 2015, 12:15:18 pm
My trip to college station in 2012 left me with the smell of bat guano deposits in the stadium- also when is their band going to learn a 2nd song?

They are aggies...........they can only count to two. One, two, one, two..................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on March 18, 2015, 10:26:17 pm
Oh, I ain't arguing with you, it was neglected for a LOOOOOOONG time.
All been fixed since then in the renovation.

The date of the Article is July 2014......................Were all those renovations completed at that time?

TrueBlue

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hogfaniam

Quote from: TrueBlue on March 19, 2015, 11:24:40 am
Kyle Field is impressive...

The Tackle Box @ Kyle Field.  Has a nice ring to it
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Tusks

Quote from: TrueBlue on March 19, 2015, 11:24:40 am
Kyle Field is impressive...

That might be the funniest post ever in MMQ.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tusks

I think RRZ is due for a little face lift.  It's been 14 years guys.....that's a while.

I love JFB but it's time to bowl the stadium and make it look like well a stadium not a mid major with an end zone facility.

They need to finish the west side, take all the lessons they've learned from 14 years after the expansion and implement those all around the stadium and then finish the north, with suites or however they are going to do it. 

For the fan experience IMO, no bathroom lines, great food, plenty of room and something that looks awesome. 

For the atmosphere do some things creative, bring in sound experts and see if finishing the north a certain way can hold more noise in and make it louder etc.

Make the time spent in the stadium and great FOOTBALL/FAN experience.....not a big commercial broken up by some football.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hogfaniam

Quote from: tusked on March 19, 2015, 12:48:51 pm
That might be the funniest post ever in MMQ.

Funniest Post of the Year nominee, for sure.

Clever, tasteful, and pokes at a rival.  The trifecta.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

US Navy Razorback

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 18, 2015, 08:54:54 am
We are definitely in the top half, maybe top third of stadiums in my opinion.  I would have a hard time not putting Bama's at the top.  As noted above, the D&#% Aggies are probably gonna have the best when Oil bloated Texas donors are done with it.
Oil is more profitable than Great Value products?

LSUFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 19, 2015, 10:31:41 am
The date of the Article is July 2014......................Were all those renovations completed at that time?
They finished just before FB kicked off in 2014, I want to say late August.

HawgTide

LSU is too old, dirty and rundown to be in the top four.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: tusked on March 19, 2015, 12:56:24 pm
I think RRZ is due for a little face lift.  It's been 14 years guys.....that's a while.

I love JFB but it's time to bowl the stadium and make it look like well a stadium not a mid major with an end zone facility.

They need to finish the west side, take all the lessons they've learned from 14 years after the expansion and implement those all around the stadium and then finish the north, with suites or however they are going to do it. 

For the fan experience IMO, no bathroom lines, great food, plenty of room and something that looks awesome. 

For the atmosphere do some things creative, bring in sound experts and see if finishing the north a certain way can hold more noise in and make it louder etc.

Make the time spent in the stadium and great FOOTBALL/FAN experience.....not a big commercial broken up by some football.

Doing what you propose will only garner MORE commercials.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on March 19, 2015, 01:14:34 pm
They finished just before FB kicked off in 2014, I want to say late August.

So at the time the article came out it wasn't the best........................still isn't.

George S. Pigton

LSU is big and loud but not nice, or at least not where they stick the visiting fans regardless of the expansion. 
I do like the food options though, see you in November!
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

LSUFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 19, 2015, 03:32:48 pm
So at the time the article came out it wasn't the best........................still isn't.
Again, I'll ask, what was the Criteria for best in the article?

I doubt toiletries was one of them.

redeye

I haven't been to all the stadiums, but don't see how Bryant-Denny isn't number one.  Tiger Stadium is big and many think it has a great atmosphere, but I'd put the actual stadium lower on the list.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on March 19, 2015, 10:17:37 pm
Again, I'll ask, what was the Criteria for best in the article?

I doubt toiletries was one of them.

I couldn't find his criteria. However it appears that he has size envy because for the most part the larger ones are higher rated. I think it is because he mentions fan "support" and thus I believe he extrapolates that with larger venues. I also checked out their reviews of SEC basketball arenas on the link attacked to that article. It ALSO appears to be related to size with Rupp, BWA and TBA as the top three rated. Because of those factors in two different ratings size does matter to the person doing the ranking. I disagree with that criteria. I've been to quite a few of the SEC stadiums and depending on who the opponent is it can be great fan "support" almost anywhere except Vandy. Fan "support" in and of itself is not a pure quantitative measure. It is very subjective.

LSUFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 20, 2015, 10:31:12 am
I couldn't find his criteria. However it appears that he has size envy because for the most part the larger ones are higher rated. I think it is because he mentions fan "support" and thus I believe he extrapolates that with larger venues. I also checked out their reviews of SEC basketball arenas on the link attacked to that article. It ALSO appears to be related to size with Rupp, BWA and TBA as the top three rated. Because of those factors in two different ratings size does matter to the person doing the ranking. I disagree with that criteria. I've been to quite a few of the SEC stadiums and depending on who the opponent is it can be great fan "support" almost anywhere except Vandy. Fan "support" in and of itself is not a pure quantitative measure. It is very subjective.
Ed Zachary

Pathological

Bryant-Denny?  Really?  The concourse, concessions and bathrooms are worse than War Memorial. At least it was a few years ago.