Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to flex them Hogville voting muscles again!

Started by Lips, March 12, 2015, 09:10:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lips

My little brother, Hunter Milam, from Caddo Hills and his classmates are entangled in a nationwide competition called the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Community Choice Award. 

here is a link from his appearance on KATV this morning

http://www.katv.com/clip/11224924/caddo-hills-high-school-needs-votes-for-national-award

And another for you to vote

http://www.samsung.com/us/solvefortomorrow/project/arkansas-flood-safety-in-a-flash.html

I'd love to see the tiny school of Caddo Hills in the national spotlight

1hogfan

What I great project and I am glad I have to opportunity to support their effort by voting. I'll vote every day.

longpig

That's a great idea.  Good on those kids taking the initiative when it's been this many years and no one else has.
Don't be scared, be smart.

LHogman2000

ChemEHawg

Great opportunity for those young adults. Voted
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

Hog Fan from Camden

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SnoopHoggyHog

texas tush hog

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Lips on March 12, 2015, 09:10:07 pm
My little brother, Hunter Milam, from Caddo Hills and his classmates are entangled in a nationwide competition called the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Community Choice Award. 

here is a link from his appearance on KATV this morning

http://www.katv.com/clip/11224924/caddo-hills-high-school-needs-votes-for-national-award

And another for you to vote

http://www.samsung.com/us/solvefortomorrow/project/arkansas-flood-safety-in-a-flash.html

I'd love to see the tiny school of Caddo Hills in the national spotlight
I voted, but only as a personal favor to your avatar.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Lips on March 13, 2015, 01:25:49 pm
well, here it is full size, and another if it'll get you to vote everyday.......
OH.......MY.......GOODNESS...........

I'm done for the day.   That..........that............that ass........

Oh......voted too.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Lips

Remember, after you vote for the first time, you'll get a confirmation email to prove that it is an actual email address.  After you confirm, you can vote everyday without re-confirming.  Just type in your email address and hit submit. 

I really appreciate it guys, these kids are going to fly to New York and present their idea to Samsung personally. 

ms_hog

FrozenHam

WATER HOG

Tylerhog

Voted, could a been me, love that campground, grew up on that river!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Break & Run

Proud Alumni of that small school.

Indian Pride runs deep around there.

I hope you all vote daily with all your email addresses.

Pennsylvania is in the lead with their "how to grow veggies in the city" project...nothing life changing like Caddo Hills' project.

Pennsylvania students have gone to twitter talking about "We've beat the south once, we will do it again."

Come on, Hogville!!!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Please vote, everyone! There's no one in the competition that's more deserving of this!

Thanks
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

jesterzzn

NWPA COLLEGIATE ACADEMY · Pennsylvania VOTES: 92379

WTH?  92K?

Break & Run

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 17, 2015, 02:44:35 pm
NWPA COLLEGIATE ACADEMY · Pennsylvania VOTES: 92379

WTH?  92K?

Samsung is investigating them for voting fraud. They doubled their votes from 25K to 50K in an hour and got to 90k in 6 hours. They've only got like 6k votes in the last week.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Break & Run on March 17, 2015, 09:22:49 pm
Samsung is investigating them for voting fraud. They doubled their votes from 25K to 50K in an hour and got to 90k in 6 hours. They've only got like 6k votes in the last week.
Somebody get those guys signed to a contract..!!  LOL..!
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

phidelthog2062

Torqued pork

Proudly voted for Caddo Hills. Small communities like CH are what makes Arkansas such a special place.

jgphillips3

Break & Run

They've made it to be a National Finalist (Top 5)

I'm hoping the voting resets so those 90k for PA are reset. That just seemed too fishy to be legit.

keykenbb

They made it as a top 5???? Rumour or fact? Just heard from the school and they think it will be a couple of weeks. I think their project is a top 5! Keep voting until March 25th and you never know.
Thanks for your votes thus far.

Lips

They are in New York now where they are presenting their projects to a panel of judges. 

Of the 15 remaining finalists, they will narrow down to 5 in April.  One will be chosen by online voting (probably Pennsylvania),  one will be chosen by Samsung employees, and the other three by the panel of judges that they are presenting to right now.  The 5 winners will go to Washington D.C. for an awards ceremony.

Break & Run

I'll be honest, every one worked hard on their projects but the Caddo Hills project is the only one that can save people's lives. That's why it should win.

hog911

Voted and I wish people could say the last name Milam correct!

PIGskin Pride

Voted and shared the voting link on facebook.  Pennsylvania currently sits at 94K votes and Caddo appears to be in second with 34K votes.  From the time that I voted to the time I refreshed, 3 more people voted (10 seconds). 

Keep spreading the word and share the voting link with any social media that you have access to. 

I searched for bodies that weekend.  It made an impact on me.  Total devastation.  I still think about the horror for those poor 20 souls that night. 

Pigskin Pride

OneTuskOverTheLine™