Started by billymac, March 10, 2015, 01:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogarusa

He is a free agent, doesnt need to be released
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 12, 2015, 06:02:24 pm
He is a free agent, doesnt need to be released

If he doesn't get picked up by another. He can be released if the Raiders do not want to resign him.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on March 12, 2015, 06:16:16 pm
If he doesn't get picked up by another. He can be released if the Raiders do not want to resign him.
That's not how it works.  That's not how any of this works

Dr. Starcs

Spiller and Dmac to cowboys?

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 12, 2015, 06:30:37 pm
I'm feeling Adrian Peterson somehow makes it

Dr. Starcs

I'm ok with that too.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on March 12, 2015, 05:54:06 pm
When do you think he will be released? We are a few days in and no news yet, will Oakland keep him?

He is a Free Agent

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 12, 2015, 07:01:08 pm
He is a Free Agent

And what if another team does not want him, what happens next?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on March 12, 2015, 07:03:06 pm
And what if another team does not want him, what happens next?

He stays a free agent if nobody signs him

But, I have heard Dolphins, Bengals and Cowboys are interested. He may have to wait until Spiller signs

Cubbie08

Pick him up Dolphins. Would like to see him play for my team.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 12, 2015, 07:06:11 pm
He stays a free agent if nobody signs him

But, I have heard Dolphins, Bengals and Cowboys are interested. He may have to wait until Spiller signs

Right thank you. :) Apparently I don't know how any of this works from others who do not understand the difference from a unrestricted free agent from a restricted.  If Oakland does not want to re-sign him and another team does not pick him up he will be off the field.

I like run on sentences.

LL COOL HOG

I guess the Chiefs didn't know how free agency works either. They RELEASED Dwayne Bowe today who was a unrestricted free agent just like Dmac.

Hogarusa

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on March 12, 2015, 07:32:26 pm
I guess the Chiefs didn't know how free agency works either. They RELEASED Dwayne Bowe today who was a unrestricted free agent just like Dmac.

You're making my head spin.  Bowe signed a 5 year deal in 2013.  Chiefs cut him today.  DMAC signed a 1 year deal before last season.  He is no longer under contract with the Raiders

He is free, Raiders have nothing to release him from

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 12, 2015, 07:45:00 pm
You're making my head spin.  Bowe signed a 5 year deal in 2013.  Chiefs cut him today.  DMAC signed a 1 year deal before last season.  He is no longer under contract with the Raiders

Thanks, Bowe was a bad choice to use. He showed up on the free agent list I have been looking up very quickly. i didn't realize his contract status.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on March 12, 2015, 07:16:30 pm
Right thank you. :) Apparently I don't know how any of this works from others who do not understand the difference from a unrestricted free agent from a restricted.  If Oakland does not want to re-sign him and another team does not pick him up he will be off the field.

I like run on sentences.

What?

I'm not sure what you are saying. McFadden is an unrestricted free agent. He can go to any team that offers him a contract.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 12, 2015, 07:45:00 pm

I would just like to see DMac get a few years behind a really good O-Line and a team with decent to really good receivers.

His best year, 2010-1157 rushing, 507 receiving for 1664 yards.

I would like to see him land with a contender who has more of the pieces in place so that he has a chance at a few really great seasons before he hangs up the cleats. The clock is ticking louder.
Go Hogs Go!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 12, 2015, 06:30:37 pm

So one on one side of the bench and the other on the other side?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 12, 2015, 08:00:52 pm
What?

I'm not sure what you are saying. McFadden is an unrestricted free agent. He can go to any team that offers him a contract.

If they offer him. I hope another team takes him.

Sorry for the confusion, I will take my lumps now.

HogFoo

Id love to see Dmac get a really good OLine to run behind kind of like at Dallas.  That'd be great for him. I think he'd actually recapture some old Dmac. 

People want to throw dmac under the bus. But, go look at the OL he ran behind at Oakland. It was on average the 31st out of 32 WORST OL in the NFL!  And most of the time it was THE worst OL in the NFL every single year Dmac was there.  Sure, he had injuries but when running behind that turd of a line it was inevitable.  Again, id love to see him get behind a big OL and have a decent QB.  Now that murray is gone I think ole Jerry may pick him up.   Not as an every down back like murray was, but I could see Dmac on the field in a dallas uniform.  I sure would love to see it.  I think he'd have at least 2-3more years with the cowboys.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

acey33

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on March 12, 2015, 07:55:27 pm
Thanks, Bowe was a bad choice to use. He showed up on the free agent list I have been looking up very quickly. i didn't realize his contract status.

Google is your friend if you use it...

Peter Porker

McFadden 2 year deal with DALLAS pending physical.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

PaintballHog

Interesting move cowboys. I can see them bringing someone else in too, but if it was AP I don't think they would sign Dmac now tho.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 13, 2015, 09:40:06 am
McFadden 2 year deal with DALLAS pending physical.

Awesome!!  I think he's going to have a big year!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Artex501

Sign Run DMC and get a 3rd-4th rounder and I don't think the cowboys see that much of a decline...

Big chance for McFadden, hope he does great if things get finalized

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Soooie21

Dmac is a  Dallas Cowboy..2 year deal.

Soooie21

AP is not going to Dallas.....this draft will be about defense..

CabotHog87

So happy for DMAC! Not a Cowboys fan but this is definitely new life for him. Especially with that O-line.

Hogarusa

This would have been great 7 years ago.  I love DMAC and the Cowboys but i have about 2% confidence that this turns Dmac into a 1200 yard RB who can stay healthy for 16 weeks.  Cowboys must grab a RB in 2nd-3rd round

Oh yeah and i was wrong-  i didnt see anyone wanting him, even on the cheap

Rooka

Awesome opportunity for D-Mac! Going to my beloved Cowboys too!

RazorPiggie

Then go draft Gurley or Gordon and would be awesome.

la20688

Love the move! Now Dallas needs to get a RB in the draft.
On a personal note. I have been a Raiders fan since the late 70's, and Dmac kept me hanging on the last few years, but I think Ill be following him to the Cowboys now.

razorhogLR

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 13, 2015, 09:56:28 am
This would have been great 7 years ago.  I love DMAC and the Cowboys but i have about 2% confidence that this turns Dmac into a 1200 yard RB who can stay healthy for 16 weeks.  Cowboys must grab a RB in 2nd-3rd round

They could always pick up Felix Jones after the veteran's combine  ;D

moses_007

He was great his first two seasons at Oakland, but he hasn't been much of a producer since then.  He'd better make it at Dallas or it might be his last stop in the NFL.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dhizzle

Lets see what he can do behind a good line.

LRHawg

Quote from: dhizzle on March 13, 2015, 10:16:15 am
Lets see what he can do behind a good line.

So much this. He received almost double the wear and tear at Oakland.

ArKan5a5 KiD

I love McFadden but I cant stand the Cowboys!! Such a conflict of interest for me. lol

GoHogs1091

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 13, 2015, 09:57:21 am
Then go draft Gurley or Gordon and would be awesome.

If Gurley hadn't of had the knee injury, then he would be a good draft option for the overrated National Football League, but he is now a risk because of the knee injury.

To me, Yeldon is now the 2nd best RB option in the draft after Gordon.  I personally feel that Yeldon is one of the smoothest RBs to have ever played College Football.  His running style is so smooth, and he gets to the hole quickly.  There isn't much wasted action with his running style.

DeltaBoy

The last time DMAC had a Oline at Oakland was a while back and he got 1000 yards.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PennHOG

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on March 13, 2015, 10:27:51 am
I love McFadden but I cant stand the Cowboys!! Such a conflict of interest for me. lol

This.  I'm depressed.  Any team but the Cowboys!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

hawgmasta

YES!!!! D-Mac to the boys!!! With an amazing o-line and splitting carries with another guy I think he's gonna have a solid productive next few years. He has had a lot of wear and tear but he's only 27 and has also turned into a plus receiver.

Going to see the hogs crush tennessee tonight and to hear D-Mac going to the Cowboys! What a great day!

LR Hog

I really hope he does well because I am a big Dallas fan and even bigger D-MAC fan.
Like a boss.

Dr. Starcs

If they go out and get Spiller, between he, dmac and Ryan Williams they could maybe piece together a full season.

Need defense in the draft initially, although I would not mind seeing Gordon or gurley wearing that star.

HogFoo

Well glad I posted about Dmac going to dallas.   cuz now he's a cowboy!   This is great.  I think with the OLine he'll have there he will be able to drink from the fountain of middle age now.  hahaha..  j/k   I wish this had been about 3-4yrs ago.  But, I think Dmac will feel a rejuvenation.  Now Jerry just needs to go get peyton hillis to block for him.  I think Peyton still has a few more years in him. He could be ''the moose'' all over again!

go cowboys!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

OldCoot

Awesome.  Where is Felix now?  Can we have the duo back in action?  Move Mallett on up to the boys and we got us a team.

John Futrall

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 10, 2015, 07:50:57 pm
if DMAC could run behind these guys, the best O line in the NFL, he'd be re-born

Reborn!

Artex501

Hillis is on the market too, no? In all seriousness bring him in on the cheap too if he can pass a physical and concussion test.

Cowboys go RB by committee this season then draft J. Will or Collins if he leaves next. Just wishing  :)

TheRazorbackGuy

DMac now gets to run behind the best OL in the NFL and the guy who stole his Heisman from him Troy Smith gets cut from the arena league. Charma is what feels great about it. Troy Smith can stick his Heisman up his you know what. That was DMac's Heisman