Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McFadden

Started by billymac, March 10, 2015, 01:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: OldCoot on March 13, 2015, 11:02:26 am
Awesome.  Where is Felix now?  Can we have the duo back in action?  Move Mallett on up to the boys and we got us a team.

Here's Felix
http://www.felixjones28.net

In addition, Hillis just got cut I think
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Rocky Mountain Living

I doubt the 2013 5th round Pick Randle and DMC can replace Demarco's carries next year.

I doubt this is going to be popular

Jerry is paying DMC starter money at RB at 2 years $5.85 million

If Jerry would of signed Dez Bryant...vs franchising him for $12.3 million cap hit. 

Jerry would of had a minimum $5 million savings on the cap in 2015.   Freeing up the money to sign Demarco to a hometown discount (think max contract of 5 year $40 million)

Last year Demarco rushes 436 times including playoffs.  No way

Pigliophile

I hope he can stay healthy and has a 1,000 yard year. He was by far my favorite hog when I was growing up and is still probably #1 on my list. I'm so glad he got out of Oakland and landed and a good time with a great O-line.

20hog11

When DMAC and Jones were in the draft there were only two places I hoped that they wouldn't end up at, Oakland and Dallas....... I stopped hoping for anything after that.

jb11

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 12, 2015, 08:03:20 pm
So one on one side of the bench and the other on the other side?
You mean one on one training table and one on the other.

I am happy for him though. He is on my son's favorite team and one of my least favorite, but I will be rooting for him.

twistitup

Hogarusa

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 11:35:24 am
I doubt the 2013 3rd Pick Randle and DMC can replace Demarco's carries next year.

If Jerry would of signed Dez Bryant...vs franchising him for $12.3 million cap hit. 

Jerry would of had a minimum $5 million savings on the cap in 2015.   Freeing up the money to sign Demarco to a hometown discount (think max contract of 5 year $40 million)

2 years $5.85 million is backup money.  Only 200K guaranteed.  This is on the cheap.  Signing him doesn't mean that AD still isn't an option either.

They also signed Ryan Williams to a 2 year deal.  They now have DMAC, Randle, Dunbar, and Williams and everyone today has basically said there will be an addition by either draft pick or AD. 

DMAC is going to have to compete for a roster spot. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 11:35:24 am
I doubt the 2013 5th round Pick Randle and DMC can replace Demarco's carries next year.

The Cowboys are not through in their mission to replace Murray.

There will be at least one more addition, either via draft or free agent.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 13, 2015, 11:47:08 am
2 years $5.85 million is backup money.  Only 200K guaranteed.  This is on the cheap. 

Good point.  I'm learning that in the NFL the "contract money" means zip.  All that has meaning is the guaranteed money.

IF DMac knocks the top off, I think most folks would agree that contract would be a heck of a value.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 13, 2015, 10:54:32 am
If they go out and get Spiller, between he, dmac and Ryan Williams they could maybe piece together a full season.

Spiller is not going to sign w Dallas. 

At that point when you have added both DMC and Spiller by losing Demarco.   That is a net loss IMO

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on March 13, 2015, 10:27:51 am
I love McFadden but I cant stand the Cowboys!! Such a conflict of interest for me. lol
You can't stand the franchise that donates multi millions to the U of A? I've never understood that train of thought. It's like saying you don't like one of our biggest boosters.

SamBuckhart

Happy for Darren. Oakland in the rear view mirror. Sorry to the guy who has 500 Demarco Cowboys jerseys. I wouldn't mind having a Cowboys McFadden jersey though. Wonder if he gets #5 ?
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Rocky Mountain Living

2 years $5.85 million is backup money.  Only 200K guaranteed.  This is on the cheap.  Signing him doesn't mean that AD still isn't an option either.

AD = Adrian All Day Peterson?

DMac signed a 1 year $1.75 million deal last year and didnt do anything to warrant the deal(raise) he got from the Cowboys. 

I dont understand the $200K signing bonus argument because DMac only got $100K signing bonus last year from the Raiders.

Hog in Iowa

Too bad he didn't go to Dallas as a rookie instead of to Oakland.  I remember cringing when he was selected.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 12:02:39 pm

DMac signed a 1 year $1.75 million deal last year and didnt do anything to warrant the deal(raise) he got from the Cowboys. 

I dont understand the $200K signing bonus argument because DMac only got $100K signing bonus last year from the Raiders.

So you're fussing about a perceived $100,000 excess in his signing bonus, with a player budget of, what, almost $150,000,000?

Talk about picking that proverbial nit.

Athletes pigs feet

what a great day to be a Cowboys / Razorback fan

Hogarusa

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 12:02:39 pm

I dont understand the $200K signing bonus arguement because DMac only got $100k signing bonus last year from the Raiders.

AD= All Day, correct.

Backup contract is probably wrong way to define it but his contract terms are closer to that of Roy Helu than it is to what Ryan Mathews, Frank Gore, and Vereen received.

$200,000 guaranteed.  To compare, Forsett guarantee is 3 million, Mathews 5 million, gore 6.5 million, and Vereen 4.75 million.

I agree the raise isn't warranted but it's a low risk contract.  IF DMAC wins the starting gig, he will be one of lowest paid RB starters in league outside players in their rookie contact.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 13, 2015, 12:10:25 pm
So you're fussing about a perceived $100,000 excess in his signing bonus, with a player budget of, what, almost $150,000,000?

Talk about picking that proverbial nit.

Nope...My point DMac got a contract from the Cowboys that pays him as a starter

... in what I would consider 3rd Tier level

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/big-gap-exists-in-the-running-back-market/

"That's a gap of (abacus engaged) roughly $4 million per year between the first and second tier."

great article on the first two tiers that might change your perspective on the Cowboys signing anyone else for more money than DMac.

whosiskid

I hate, hate, hate, hate Dallas, but I have to think that this is a good place for Darren to land. I think this move could be similar to Cedric Benson's a few years back. Chicago was a bad fit for him, and Oakland was bad for Darren. I think he'll have a good year for them. Even though I want Dallas to go 0-16 despite Darren leading the league in rushing.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

CDBHawg

They also signed Ryan Williams to a 2 year deal.  They now have DMAC, Randle, Dunbar, and Williams and everyone today has basically said there will be an addition by either draft pick or AD. 

DMAC is going to have to compete for a roster spot.

I've only read where the 200k is the signing bonus.

Where are you seeing it is the guaranteed minimum?

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 13, 2015, 12:15:23 pm
AD= All Day, correct.

Backup contract is probably wrong way to define it but his contract terms are closer to that of Roy Helu than it is to what Ryan Mathews, Frank Gore, and Vereen received.

$200,000 guaranteed.  To compare, Forsett guarantee is 3 million, Mathews 5 million, gore 6.5 million, and Vereen 4.75 million.

I agree the raise isn't warranted but it's a low risk contract.  IF DMAC wins the starting gig, he will be one of lowest paid RB starters in league outside players in their rookie contact.

AD is not signing w Dallas either. 

They don't have the cap for it without us seeing major contract re-structuring w Romo

200K signing bonus is what I would expect to the Cowboys to pay DMac based on his production and contract from last year

DMac got a contract at almost the same tier as those you listed to start in 2015 for their respective teams!

contracts this year in free agency at RB:
"The top of the tailback market has gone berserk, with Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch averaging more than $10 million per year on a new three-year contract, Eagles running back DeMarco Murray averaging $8.4 million on a five-year deal, and Bills running back LeSean McCoy getting $8 million annually on a new five-year contract.  (Still lurking is Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who is currently due to make $13 million in 2015.)

And then there’s the other end of the spectrum, with Saints running back Mark Ingram signing a four-year, $16 million deal, the Giants getting Shave Vereen for $12.35 million over three years, Colts running back Frank Gore inking for $12 million over three, Eagles running back Ryan Mathews signing for $11.5 million over three, and Ravens running back Justin Forsett saying put for $9 million over three."

www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/big-gap-exists-in-the-running-back-market/

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 12:17:53 pm
Nope...My point DMac got a contract from the Cowboys that pays him as a starter

... in what I would consider 3rd Tier level

I'd say you need to put your application in for the next open GM slot.

Sounds like you can do better than a guy whose team won its division last year and went to the playoffs.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 12:25:47 pm
AD is not signing w Dallas either. 

They don't have the cap for it without us seeing major contract re-structuring w Romo

200K signing bonus is what I would expect to the Cowboys to pay DMac based on his production and contract from last year

DMac got a contract at almost the same tier as those guys to start!

"The top of the tailback market has gone berserk, with Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch averaging more than $10 million per year on a new three-year contract, Eagles running back DeMarco Murray averaging $8.4 million on a five-year deal, and Bills running back LeSean McCoy getting $8 million annually on a new five-year contract.  (Still lurking is Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who is currently due to make $13 million in 2015.)

And then there's the other end of the spectrum, with Saints running back Mark Ingram signing a four-year, $16 million deal, the Giants getting Shave Vereen for $12.35 million over three years, Colts running back Frank Gore inking for $12 million over three, Eagles running back Ryan Mathews signing for $11.5 million over three, and Ravens running back Justin Forsett saying put for $9 million over three."

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/big-gap-exists-in-the-running-back-market/

Murray's deal is only 21 mil guaranteed. Meaning it less than 8.4/yr.

My guess is that Mcfadden counts around 1-1.5mil against the cap next year. If he makes the team.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on March 13, 2015, 12:09:47 pm
Too bad he didn't go to Dallas as a rookie instead of to Oakland.  I remember cringing when he was selected.

I always referred to his draft selection as a career ending injury.  Maybe he can get a couple good years out of recovery.

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 13, 2015, 12:28:28 pm
I'd say you need to put your application in for the next open GM slot.

Sounds like you can do better than a guy whose team won its division last year and went to the playoffs.

Cowboys are a disaster when it comes to managing the cap

A 10 year old could of done a better job than JJ.  HA HA

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: CDBHawg on March 13, 2015, 12:31:17 pm
Murray's deal is only 21 mil guaranteed. Meaning it less than 8.4/yr.

My guess is that Mcfadden counts around 1-1.5mil against the cap next year. If he makes the team.

200K is the total guaranteed amount on DMac's contract.  If he is cut....Boys only out 200K against the Cap in 2015.   Definitely a low risk contract

rzrbk4life

Here's to hoping he tears in up in Dallas. Best of luck DMAC!
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Peppa Pig

It is actually conceivable that the Cowboys backfield could be Darren McFadden and Adrian Peterson this season.  If you had told me that 5 years ago, my head would have exploded.

But yes, yes, yes...I know it won't happen.  Even though AD would love to come to Dallas, he'll still be too expensive after the Vikes cut him.  Cowboys will address RB in the draft with a mid-rounder.  And this version of DMac is nothing like we all hoped he would be...but still.  What a crazy duo that would be.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 12:36:13 pm
200K is the total guaranteed amount on DMac's contract.  If he is cut....Boys only out 200K against the Cap in 2015.   Definitely a low risk contract

No doubt it is.

flowermoundstan

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on March 13, 2015, 12:32:08 pm
I always referred to his draft selection as a career ending injury.  Maybe he can get a couple good years out of recovery.

pow!

made my day thanks for the laugh.

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: CDBHawg on March 13, 2015, 12:47:03 pm
No doubt it is.

I like your guess....

If DMac made $1.75 last year. 

Bet his salary is close to that (1.75) with bonuses tied to game day availability and production that can pay him closer to $3 million in 2015 with not likely to be earned contract stipulations

k.c.hawg

This is essentially a one year deal unless he has a spectacular year. You make it a 2 year deal and back load it. You make it a 2 year deal and even if you cut him before the season, the $200k is split between 2 seasons and you take $100k cap hit for 2 years. He has been given $200k to come compete for a roster spot. I would love to see him still have enough in the tank to win a spot and get 150 carries this year. 150 carries and 600+ yards would be a great year for him and the Cowboys. He will not be a feature back.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 12:35:00 pm

There is a belief in the DFW folks that follow the Cowboys that JJ is no longer hands on, but rather the team is being run by Stephen these days.

Artex501

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 13, 2015, 01:05:36 pm
There is a belief in the DFW folks that follow the Cowboys that JJ is no longer hands on, but rather the team is being run by Stephen these days.

Makes sense, there is a clear change.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on March 13, 2015, 12:35:00 pm

Actually he has managed as well or better than most. The Cowboys have rarely cut stars or been unable to sign a star player when they wanted one. Most teams in the league cut good players that they would prefer not to cut due to cap implications. That being said, I wouldn't call him a great personnel man especially in relation to Jimmy Johnson. The sheer nature of this business is....when you pay one of the big stars in the game what his camp is demanding you are signing said player to a 5 year + deal knowing fully well you will never be able to pay him the last 2 to 3 years of the deal and field a 53 man team. At that point it is up to the player to renegotiate to a more team friendly deal or get cut. There are no 6 year, no 7 year deals in this league....period! When you see one take the guaranteed money and divide it by 3 years or 4 years to find out what the deal actually is per year.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

26.2Hog

Even if he makes a roster spot, he won't necessarily be paid the 2-year deal, which is being reported as up to 5.85 mil.  "Up to" always means a contract is heavily incentive based.

Grizzlyfan

Isn't Adrian Peterson still under contract with Minnesota for 2 more years? 

Lips

Although I am a Mcfadden fan..... I thought this was funny

billymac

I'm so pumped up!!!! Heck, why not pick up Hillis now!! WooooCowboySooooie! Haha

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 13, 2015, 01:05:36 pm

I suspect the Cowboys cap is still poorly managed....even by Stephen Jones.

It is a bad sign using the WR Franchise tag vs signing a long term deal with Dez Bryant.   Dez gains leverage and costs more next year if JJ plans to hang on to him in 2016.

That $12.3 million tag is preventing JJ from signing other big free agents and his own free agents this offseason (and next offseason as JJ has to again negotiate Dez to the 2nd biggest contract on the Cowboys in 2016)

alohawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 13, 2015, 09:57:21 am
Then go draft Gurley or Gordon and would be awesome.

Gurley, if not go after Chubb next year. I wish Darren big success, hope he does us proud again! Go Cowboys and DMAC!!!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

twistitup

Quote from: Lips on March 13, 2015, 01:50:32 pm
Although I am a Mcfadden fan..... I thought this was funny

Too easy

alohawg

Quote from: SamBuckhart on March 13, 2015, 12:00:37 pm
Happy for Darren. Oakland in the rear view mirror. Sorry to the guy who has 500 Demarco Cowboys jerseys. I wouldn't mind having a Cowboys McFadden jersey though. Wonder if he gets #5 ?

Me too, that would be a keeper.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Swine & Cheese Club

CDBHawg

Quote from: alohawg on March 13, 2015, 02:11:34 pm
Gurley, if not go after Chubb next year. I wish Darren big success, hope he does us proud again! Go Cowboys and DMAC!!!

Have to wait 2 years for Chubb.

passinghog

Dmac has made all his money, so him being the competitor that he is, I don't see a way if he stays healthy, that he doesn't end up making the roster. Their backups are still primarily special teams guys and won't get enough carries to really compete with him, given his experience and versatility as a player. Dallas needs to draft a young rookie back, but this will be the first time in his career--college or pro--in which Dmac will play on a team with a great line, very good qb, and great receivers.

peakhog

I'll continue to root for DMac and 100yd games but will never root for the Cowboys to win!

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 13, 2015, 02:43:59 pm
Dmac has made all his money, so him being the competitor that he is, I don't see a way if he stays healthy, that he doesn't end up making the roster. Their backups are still primarily special teams guys and won't get enough carries to really compete with him, given his experience and versatility as a player. Dallas needs to draft a young rookie back, but this will be the first time in his career--college or pro--in which Dmac will play on a team with a great line, very good qb, and great receivers.

Besides making the roster.

Run Dmac is going to have a career year!

1,000 yards rushing....with Demarco running over 1,800 yards last year behind that line

.... and a great QB for the first time ever in his career...throwing that deadly screen game to Dmac behind that athletic OL

DMac will be a steal in the 2nd round Fantasy Draft this year!

3kgthog

He's still a weapon catching the ball out of the backfield. Considering the speed he started with, despite losing a step he's still faster than several RBs in the NFL. There's enough gas left in the tank to allow him to finish better than he started.