Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McFadden

Started by billymac, March 10, 2015, 01:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

billymac

Where do you think he will end up? I've looked around and haven't seen any rumors. I'm hoping my Cowboys will pick him up.

code red

Love McFadden but, injuries make it hard for anyone to sign him.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ADavisTheGOAT

Oakland wasn't the best place for him to start his career,
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 10, 2015, 01:49:09 pm
Oakland wasn't the best place for him to start his career,

Or finish.

billymac

Oakland hasn't really been a good place for anyone the past 10 years. I hated to see him get drafted there. I would like to see him have at least 1-2 productive years on a relevant team.

TNhawgfan

Going to be tough for Dmac. RB is the one position GMs always think they can easily find a younger, cheaper player
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: code red on March 10, 2015, 01:46:18 pm
DMAC would find 'new life' running behind that stellar O line at Dallas....he'd actually have room to run for the first time since college...I think if somehow, someway, Jerry would hire Darren to backup Murray, it would give the Boys' the best one-two punch in the league
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Still only like 27. His big money days are over. But if he lands in the right place he still put up some solid numbers.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2015, 02:30:16 pm
Still only like 27. His big money days are over. But if he lands in the right place he still put up some solid numbers.

I had to look it up.  Can't believe he's only 27.  Seem like he should be 30 at least.  He's got some left.

Hogarusa

Some still only know DMAC from his Razorback days.  I don't blame you. 

I can't see anyone signing him. His struggles haven't been Oaklands fault the past 3 years.  He has fizzled out at 3 YPC while his backups Latavious Murray, Rashad Jennings, and Marcel Reece have avg 4.5 YPC in that same span with the same OLine

Nobody wanted him last year, seems doubtful anything has changed.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

code red

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 10, 2015, 02:15:04 pm
DMAC would find 'new life' running behind that stellar O line at Dallas....he'd actually have room to run for the first time since college...I think if somehow, someway, Jerry would hire Darren to backup Murray, it would give the Boys' the best one-two punch in the league
Disagree
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

seasonhog

I just saw his name mentioned with the Cowboys.

PorkRinds

If he does get a team to take him, he will have to take a SERIOUS pay cut.

hogfan14

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 10, 2015, 03:09:30 pm
If he does get a team to take him, he will have to take a SERIOUS pay cut.

I thought he signed a pretty cheap 1 yr deal with Oakland last offseason...could be wrong.

I saw his name mentioned with the 49ers but it was mostly the writer's opinion along with a few other RBs

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hogfan14 on March 10, 2015, 03:35:19 pm
I thought he signed a pretty cheap 1 yr deal with Oakland last offseason...could be wrong.

I saw his name mentioned with the 49ers but it was mostly the writer's opinion along with a few other RBs

1 year 4mill deal. Which wasn't bad. But he big pay days are over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333108/article/darren-mcfadden-back-on-oakland-raiders-for-one-year

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2015, 03:39:19 pm
1 year 4mill deal. Which wasn't bad. But he big pay days are over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333108/article/darren-mcfadden-back-on-oakland-raiders-for-one-year
even the best RB's don't get near the money they once did....Darren has made his money on the front end of his rookie deal because he was lucky enough to get in the NFL one year ahead of the instated Rookie Salary Cap as adopted by the NFL players union in an attempt to have more money for the proven veterans in the league...if Darren has been smart and prudent, he's got more than enough money to live the rest of his life in a nice manner....what #5 makes from now on is mere gravy

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 10, 2015, 03:58:32 pm
even the best RB's don't get near the money they once did....Darren has made his money on the front end of his rookie deal because he was lucky enough to get in the NFL one year ahead of the instated Rookie Salary Cap as adopted by the NFL players union in an attempt to have more money for the proven veterans in the league...if Darren has been smart and prudent, he's got more than enough money to live the rest of his life in a nice manner....what #5 makes from now on is mere gravy

Yep, 100% right on

Deep Shoat

Skinny legs and upright running style make him too injury prone.  He'll struggle to get a contract.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: billymac on March 10, 2015, 01:40:42 pm
Where do you think he will end up? I've looked around and haven't seen any rumors. I'm hoping my Cowboys will pick him up.

Me too!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 10, 2015, 04:54:19 pm
Skinny legs and upright running style make him too injury prone.  He'll struggle to get a contract.

He won't stuggle to get a contract. He won't get a good contract but he is far from being out of the league

k.c.hawg

He is actually probably had good financial luck being in Oakland. The last year of his rookie contract he was owed $10.75 million in straight salary. There is not one other team in the NFL that would have even considered retaining him under that deal but the good ole Raiders wouldn't let go of one of theirs. He was the highest paid RB in the league that year if I'm not mistaken. Then, after that season ended as most others with injury and unrealized expectations they turned around and signed him to a one year deal last year. Say what you want to but they are loyal to their guys!! Love me some DMac and have really enjoyed getting to see him in KC each year, really hoping he can land somewhere for the veterans minimum and maybe get another shot through injury to a starter. It also wouldn't surprise me if he isn't out of the league this year.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 10, 2015, 02:45:18 pm

I can't see anyone signing him. His struggles haven't been Oaklands fault the past 3 years.  He has fizzled out at 3 YPC while his backups Latavious Murray, Rashad Jennings, and Marcel Reece have avg 4.5 YPC in that same span with the same OLine

While he hasn't produced well, he has had offensive coordinators who didn't know how to use him. Hue Jackson was the only guy he was productive under. They kept trying to make him run in a zone read scheme and he just can't do it. Jackson got him in space and let him use his natural talents.
   He could still productive in the right situation. His days of being a starter are most likely over but he would make a solid backup and a good situational receiver out of the backfield.

Dugann

He will get a contract, might be last chance for good production.  Hope his agent is smart.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

michaels

he's gonna sign a 1 yr with Oakland again

Iwastherein1969

if DMAC could run behind these guys, the best O line in the NFL, he'd be re-born

hawkhawg

Quote from: billymac on March 10, 2015, 01:40:42 pm

Me, three

navyhog24

He needs to go to a team with a good qb and offensive line so teams can't overload upfront.

bennyl08

Denver would be an interesting choice. He would only be a change of pace kind of guy there, but Peyton might need a few more weapons. Plus, they have been torn up by him in the past.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

passinghog

There's gotta be a way he can get to a team with a good qb. Hope he'll take $1-2 m/yr and go to a contender. He can still produce. Winning would reinvigorate him.

Kevin

Get out of Oakland dmac
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

EastexHawg

Why would anyone want him?  Is there a shortage of backs who gain 3 YPC and are injured half the time?

It's not 2007 anymore, and he's not playing against college defenses.

sickboy

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 10, 2015, 09:42:21 pm
Why would anyone want him?  Is there a shortage of backs who gain 3 YPC and are injured half the time?

It's not 2007 anymore, and he's not playing against college defenses.

You're right, but there are a shortage of backs who can go off for a buck fifty plus. And he's definitely one if he's healthy. I'd take a chance on him if I had an established running back to pair him with. Him and Frank Gore in Indy with Andrew Luck could be pretty lethal. Don't know what Indy's cap space and roster shake down is like. Just spit balling.

bennyl08

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 10, 2015, 09:32:27 pm
There's gotta be a way he can get to a team with a good qb. Hope he'll take $1-2 m/yr and go to a contender. He can still produce. Winning would reinvigorate him.

Also, he didn't have a 4 million dollar contract last year. His salary was a league minimum with incentives that could net him up to 4 million. Needless to say, I doubt he earned very many of them.

I want to believe he be as good as he was early in his career, but it really seems like the number of injuries he has sustained has really just slowed him down. Might not be bad for him to pull a Locker and retire, though i can understand not wanting to leave the game until you can't play any more. The strong running back draft class year could really hurt him. Plus, with guys like Peterson, Murray, and Rice on the market, he is going to be low on the pecking order.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 10, 2015, 04:56:47 pm
Me too!
me too. that would be great with the line they have.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

alohawg

I'm curious to see if he signs with anyone, odds are not good however. If so, can he recapture some of the old Dmac with a new team, we'll see.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

kp72204

Quote from: billymac on March 10, 2015, 01:57:43 pm
Oakland hasn't really been a good place for anyone the past 10 years. I hated to see him get drafted there. I would like to see him have at least 1-2 productive years on a relevant team.
Exactly how i feel. Probably have to wait till 2nd tier free agent signings before we know anything bout his future. Thinking Hou maybe TEN

PORKULATOR

Someone please get him the hell out of Oaktown.
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DLUXHOG

If Murray even remains a Cowboy, which is debatable right now...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

acey33

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 10, 2015, 02:45:18 pm

This^^^

OldCoot

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 10, 2015, 02:03:04 pm
Going to be tough for Dmac. RB is the one position GMs always think they can easily find a younger, cheaper player

I dont understand how RB's in the NFL have fallen in value so much.  Can anyone explain this?  A top notch RB is worth his weight in gold.

Rooka

Quote from: OldCoot on March 11, 2015, 07:59:14 am
I dont understand how RB's in the NFL have fallen in value so much.  Can anyone explain this?  A top notch RB is worth his weight in gold.
I think it's because the style of how the game is played has changed alot. Not only are there more pass attempts than ever before, teams are siding more on the options of having a tandem at RB rather than just one guy that takes all the wear and tear.

I'm with you, I love having a top class RB myself, but I just think that is why the value has dropped.

bennyl08

Quote from: Rooka on March 11, 2015, 08:05:04 am
I think it's because the style of how the game is played has changed alot. Not only are there more pass attempts than ever before, teams are siding more on the options of having a tandem at RB rather than just one guy that takes all the wear and tear.

I'm with you, I love having a top class RB myself, but I just think that is why the value has dropped.

It seems a lot of the best teams though have the one guy that the like to use. Seattle has Lynch, Dallas used to have Murray, GB with Lacy, Steelers with Bell, Ravens with Forsett, Denver, Niners, Houston, etc... Really, it seems like the only teams that really use a committee are the ones who have either lost their starter to injury, i.e. the Chargers and Matthews, or those who are looking for somebody to take the lead, i.e. Ravens after they lost Rice but before Forsette took the lead. It's not to say that the lead back is the only to take carries. Just that they are likely to get 15-25 touches a game, vs. the next guy who gets 3-7.

Moreover, you have to have a run game to win in the playoffs. The NFL is a copycat league, so it doesn't make sense that RB's would be devalued, though clearly they are.

k.c.hawg

The devaluation of the RB in the NFL is not so much about what the RB position is doing in the NFL. It is based on RB's being drafted with premium draft picks, getting big up front paychecks and that translating into value. No RB's have been drafted in the first round the last 2 years. Of the 13 RB's that rushed for 1,000+ last year, 9 were taken in the first 3 rounds but only 1 (Marshawn Lynch) was a first rounder. The position is becoming a round 2 to round 6 target....if said player is very good he gives you 4 years on the cheap and then is considered to have high mileage when looking to get paid and teams are often more willing to reinvest another middle round pick than give out a huge contract. Some still get paid but it is becoming less frequent. I liked what the Chiefs did with Jamaal Charles last year when he was hinting he wanted a new deal while under a team friendly deal. They said, you've been a great back for us, we don't tear up existing contracts but here is $5 million that wasn't in the deal that we can work into the deal.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hogarusa

Quote from: OldCoot on March 11, 2015, 07:59:14 am

It's because the NFL is a passing league.  RBs get violently hit every time they touch the ball. They wear down from touches and hits by the time they are in their upper 20s. Meanwhile QBs and WRs are mostly living large and in charge as the D gets penalized every time they touch them

michaels

heard from sum1 close to conley that dmac is looking to resign a 1yr deal with Oakland

hawgmasta

While I would like for him to leave Oakland the few die hard fans I've meet from there all love D-Mac. They're obviously frustrated by his injuries but that's almost every back in the NFL.

Hogarusa

I just dont see any signs that Dmac has a chance to return to Oakland.  oakland signed Helu for 2 years $4 million and each article i read has little to no mention of a Dmac presence

RedRazorback15

Quote from: code red on March 10, 2015, 01:46:18 pm

This.

And it's too bad McFadden has had an injury ridden career. He probably would've been darn great had he played in many more games. I don't like to say "what if" but this is a case where I do think it is worth wondering about McFadden and his career.

urkillnmesmalls

DMAC's downfall was in his first few years when Oakland was so inept on offense, that the only hope they had of gaining anything was to hit DMAC out of the backfield, and hope he could make the first guy miss.  In turn, he got NAILED so many times with absolutely no chance to protect himself or brace for the hit.  I couldn't count the number of times they would swing it out there to him and he'd get BLOWN up before he could even turn up field.  You can't do that to anyone and expect them to last very long. 

That being said, he just didn't have the build for an NFL running back.  Based on what I saw in HS, had he played safety in college, he could have been one of the best in the NFL.  He had the build for that position, and he would hit.  But...that's all water under the bridge.  It's fine with me that he is one of the all time best Razorbacks, should have won the Heisman at least once, and will be someone I'll never forget watching tear up the gridiron.  Hey, not all fairy tales have the endings you want, but his ain't so bad.   ;) :razorback:
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

LL COOL HOG

When do you think he will be released? We are a few days in and no news yet, will Oakland keep him?