Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ball Hawg Podcast launch

Started by SECisKing, March 10, 2015, 11:09:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SECisKing

This was posted in my Brooks Ellis thread --- of which I will be on 93.3 The Jock in like 10 mins. (11:15 ish Arkansas time) to talk about with Wess Moore...But please check out this message. Sorry to promote this here, but this is big business and we need some good 'ol Razorback nation love!!

Ok Hogville, my favorite place for Arkansas stuff, will you please provide me with the pleasure of checking out "Ball Hawg" the new podcast from @Sec_Chad and I discussing my Hunter Henry & Brooks Ellis articles, the Singleton hire, the Bermuda Triangle's NFL exploits and much more.

I think it's a great listen as we really go in-depth scheme-wise, as we always will, and really lay it out for Razorback nation. If you like my writing, hopefully, you'll like me behind that mic as well. Fans seem to dig me a little bit on 93.3 The Jock's Game On w/ Wess Moore, Michael Smith and Mike Irwin, so this is that plus more!!

Please listen and hit me at MurfBaldwin@gmail.com to tell me what you think and fire us some questions to talk about. It's on stitcher now, which is a free app just sign up, and will be on iTunes, shortly.

But it will be on a network we were hired by to do the podcast when it launches in a few weeks. So let me know, and thanks for all the love on the articles. Much more to come as I transition from Alabama to Arkansas as my primary team to cover...

http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/62458/episodes    <----Just sign up with your email and create a password. You can download the app on your phone, too...
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

PorkRinds

Quote from: SECisKing on March 10, 2015, 11:09:37 am
This was posted in my Brooks Ellis thread --- of which I will be on 93.3 The Jock in like 10 mins. (11:15 ish Arkansas time) to talk about with Wess Moore...But please check out this message. Sorry to promote this here, but this is big business and we need some good 'ol Razorback nation love!!

Ok Hogville, my favorite place for Arkansas stuff, will you please provide me with the pleasure of checking out "Ball Hawg" the new podcast from @Sec_Chad and I discussing my Hunter Henry & Brooks Ellis articles, the Singleton hire, the Bermuda Triangle's NFL exploits and much more.

I think it's a great listen as we really go in-depth scheme-wise, as we always will, and really lay it out for Razorback nation. If you like my writing, hopefully, you'll like me behind that mic as well. Fans seem to dig me a little bit on 93.3 The Jock's Game On w/ Wess Moore, Michael Smith and Mike Irwin, so this is that plus more!!

Please listen and hit me at MurfBaldwin@gmail.com to tell me what you think and fire us some questions to talk about. It's on stitcher now, which is a free app just sign up, and will be on iTunes, shortly.

But it will be on a network we were hired by to do the podcast when it launches in a few weeks. So let me know, and thanks for all the love on the articles. Much more to come as I transition from Alabama to Arkansas as my primary team to cover...

http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/62458/episodes    <----Just sign up with your email and create a password. You can download the app on your phone, too...

Welcome to the good guys. 

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 10, 2015, 12:03:00 pm
Welcome to the good guys.

Glad to be with the good guys, PR!!! Anybody catch me on Game On?

PorkRinds

Quote from: SECisKing on March 10, 2015, 12:30:31 pm
Glad to be with the good guys, PR!!! Anybody catch me on Game On?

I did, great job as usual.

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 10, 2015, 01:54:05 pm
I did, great job as usual.

Thanks, bro. Glad you listened. My man!!

Randy Johnson

SECisKing

Quote from: RazorWorld on March 11, 2015, 06:15:22 am
you should post it on podomatic....

https://www.podomatic.com

Yeah, we should. I told the powers that be that, too. I'm sure it's going to be there soon. It's actually on itunes now, though. So we are in there like swimwear!!

Thanks, bro.

HogWildBison2011

Anyone that subscribes to the "Ball Hawg" podcast on ITunes and has the Stitcher app you will not be disappointed. These guys know what they are talking about & really get into the X & Os of the game. Let's be sure to get these guys some love.

Doug

Murf is quickly growing to be one of my favorite Media types covering the SEC. VERY approachable, and fan centric while getting to the nitty gritty of what we WANT to hear/learn.

AKA, he's no Finebaum, thankfully!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

SECisKing

Quote from: Doug on March 11, 2015, 10:55:21 am
Murf is quickly growing to be one of my favorite Media types covering the SEC. VERY approachable, and fan centric while getting to the nitty gritty of what we WANT to hear/learn.

AKA, he's no Finebaum, thankfully!

That's huge praise, Doug, and the feeling is mutual!!!I'm glad someone is taking notice that is already where I want to be.

So I appreciate the kind words and I hope the Hogville community will check us out off the strength of your words!

Thanks

PorkRinds

Just listened to the first podcast last night.  You guys do a great job.  One thing that drove me insane though, was the sound.  The sound quality was fine, but instead of both of you coming out both sides of my headphones, one of you was on the right and one on the left.  It's not a huge deal, just something that kinda drove me crazy that could prolly be fixed pretty easy in the future.  Otherwise, great job though.  You guys really know your hog football, for sure.

PennHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 13, 2015, 08:34:11 am
Just listened to the first podcast last night.  You guys do a great job.  One thing that drove me insane though, was the sound.  The sound quality was fine, but instead of both of you coming out both sides of my headphones, one of you was on the right and one on the left.  It's not a huge deal, just something that kinda drove me crazy that could prolly be fixed pretty easy in the future.  Otherwise, great job though.  You guys really know your hog football, for sure.

Listened to both on iTunes.  For me in the car, I had the radio turned up all the way to max and  could  barely hear one guy while the other was blowing out my speakers.

I just love being able to listen to Razorback podcasts like this one and the Hogtrough Podcast.  Keep me connected to my roots.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

PorkRinds

Quote from: PennHOG on March 13, 2015, 09:04:04 am
Listened to both on iTunes.  For me in the car, I had the radio turned up all the way to max and  could  barely hear one guy while the other was blowing out my speakers.

I just love being able to listen to Razorback podcasts like this one and the Hogtrough Podcast.  Keep me connected to my roots.

That too.  I haven't caught the second one yet.  Maybe those things got worked out.

PennHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 13, 2015, 09:44:35 am
That too.  I haven't caught the second one yet.  Maybe those things got worked out.

Nope.  Both were equally bad.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

SECisKing

Quote from: PennHOG on March 13, 2015, 10:38:03 am
Nope.  Both were equally bad.

Wow really? I haven't heard that complaint maybe because I listen on my phone and the others, too. Or they listen on their computer maybe?

The third one is out and we have an interview with Martrell Spaight going into Xs and Os that I think is awesome. Can I get some feedback on the third one, audio wise?

PennHOG

Quote from: SECisKing on March 13, 2015, 10:43:20 am
Wow really? I haven't heard that complaint maybe because I listen on my phone and the others, too. Or they listen on their computer maybe?

The third one is out and we have an interview with Martrell Spaight going into Xs and Os that I think is awesome. Can I get some feedback on the third one, audio wise?

Yeah.  I enjoyed them but I was constantly turning up and down the volume in my car.

PorkRinds

Quote from: SECisKing on March 13, 2015, 10:43:20 am

I listened on my phone and the audio was all jacked up, through both headphones and an audio jack in my truck.  His volume was way lower than yours, to the point that sometimes I didn't hear what he was saying. Plus each of you being in your own ear was kinda annoying.  I'm not saying this to be critical at all, because I like what you guys are doing.  Just some constructive criticism to make it better I guess.  I'll give two and three a listen today at some point and let you know if it's any better on #3.  But other than the sound, you guys are doing a great job digging into the X and O part of the hogs' game. 

SECisKing

Quote from: PennHOG on March 13, 2015, 10:48:21 am
Yeah.  I enjoyed them but I was constantly turning up and down the volume in my car.

HAHA!! Man I hate to hear that, but I have zero control over that. I only control the info I dish out so I'm glad you liked them. Please give me some feedback on the Martrell Spaight episode as it's the first time I've ever interviewed someone.

Thanks again for listening. I actually gave a shoutout to Hogville on this one, too. Send in those questions to MurfBaldwin@gmail.com and we'll read your question on the show.

PennHOG

Quote from: SECisKing on March 13, 2015, 10:52:43 am
HAHA!! Man I hate to hear that, but I have zero control over that. I only control the info I dish out so I'm glad you liked them. Please give me some feedback on the Martrell Spaight episode as it's the first time I've ever interviewed someone.

Thanks again for listening. I actually gave a shoutout to Hogville on this one, too. Send in those questions to MurfBaldwin@gmail.com and we'll read your question on the show.

I'll download it before I leave work and listen to it on the way home.  I can't wait to hear Spaight.

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 13, 2015, 10:52:03 am
I listened on my phone and the audio was all jacked up, through both headphones and an audio jack in my truck.  His volume was way lower than yours, to the point that sometimes I didn't hear what he was saying. Plus each of you being in your own ear was kinda annoying.  I'm not saying this to be critical at all, because I like what you guys are doing.  Just some constructive criticism to make it better I guess.  I'll give two and three a listen today at some point and let you know if it's any better on #3.  But other than the sound, you guys are doing a great job digging into the X and O part of the hogs' game.

Man it's funny how things sounds on different apparatuses, huh? Yeah that first episode sounded weird to me, but No. 2 and 3 are a little better. But I'm sure the sound ppl with get it worked out real soon. But glad you're digging the content and it'll only get better, ya know?

I completely appreciate you listening. 

SECisKing

Quote from: PennHOG on March 13, 2015, 10:58:48 am
I'll download it before I leave work and listen to it on the way home.  I can't wait to hear Spaight.

You won't be disappointed....If you can hear him! hahahahaha

presidenthog

Quote from: SECisKing on March 13, 2015, 11:23:18 am
You won't be disappointed....If you can hear him! hahahahaha
Just want to say I just listened to 1-2 listening to 3 now. I don't have any audio issues on my phone even with headphones. It is those guys devices. Murf love your stuff becoming one of my favorite guys. Love ball hawg. Would love to do what you do man. Keep it coming. Your stuff is awesome.  Also chad was hard to hear on the first but not on the others

PorkRinds

Quote from: presidenthog on March 13, 2015, 12:20:52 pm
Just want to say I just listened to 1-2 listening to 3 now. I don't have any audio issues on my phone even with headphones. It is those guys devices. Murf love your stuff becoming one of my favorite guys. Love ball hawg. Would love to do what you do man. Keep it coming. Your stuff is awesome.  Also chad was hard to hear on the first but not on the others

So my device caused one person to be louder than the other, and each of them to come into one ear only?  Um...no.  Possibly you aren't listening through apple podcasts or something, but it's not hardware related.

SECisKing

Quote from: presidenthog on March 13, 2015, 12:20:52 pm

Pres, that's interesting, bro. And thanks for the props on my work. I also don't have any trouble listening on my phone, computer speakers, car or headphones. I listen on ITunes podcast app and on stitcher. I don't know, bro. I expected audio issues with No. 1. Maybe 2, but I have to get more opinions on 3 as some stuff changed.

But I'm glad you love Ball Hawg and are listening. It's going to get better as we have more opportunities presenting themselves.

Can't wait to talk and write Hog!

PorkRinds

Here's the REAL question Murf.  When are you gonna take the plunge and move to Fayettenam!

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 13, 2015, 12:41:37 pm
Here's the REAL question Murf.  When are you gonna take the plunge and move to Fayettenam!

HAHA! Uhh Atlanta is my home, bro. And besides, I feel like I'm a Little Rock kinda dude! lololol

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 13, 2015, 12:23:53 pm
So my device caused one person to be louder than the other, and each of them to come into one ear only?  Um...no.  Possibly you aren't listening through apple podcasts or something, but it's not hardware related.
I'm listening on an iPhone through the stitcher app. Now I never said one wasn't louder than the other. I said I don't have the one coming through one speaker and one in another. Tell your boy chad to lean a little closer to the mic or move it closer to him. Its obvious he is a little more relaxed in his posture and he is either sitting straight up or leaning back at times which is causing the volume difference. Murf is like myself and clearly leaned forward engaging into the mic where as his counterpart isn't. Now this may not be what is actually happening but that is how it is coming across. Either way great work.

SECisKing

Quote from: presidenthog on March 13, 2015, 12:54:23 pm
I'm listening on an iPhone through the stitcher app. Now I never said one wasn't louder than the other. I said I don't have the one coming through one speaker and one in another. Tell your boy chad to lean a little closer to the mic or move it closer to him. Its obvious he is a little more relaxed in his posture and he is either sitting straight up or leaning back at times which is causing the volume difference. Murf is like myself and clearly leaned forward engaging into the mic where as his counterpart isn't. Now this may not be what is actually happening but that is how it is coming across. Either way great work.

I will relay that to Chad, Pres...And yes, my posture is off the chain during the podcast lololol

Yo but listening on an iPhone, which I have as well, is blasphemous when it's on iTunes, bro!! haha Thanks

presidenthog

Quote from: SECisKing on March 13, 2015, 01:26:01 pm
I will relay that to Chad, Pres...And yes, my posture is off the chain during the podcast lololol

Yo but listening on an iPhone, which I have as well, is blasphemous when it's on iTunes, bro!! haha Thanks
First off I hate this iPhone and I hate iTunes and miss my android dearly lol. It's blasphemous that I'm using this hunk of junk!

SECisKing

Quote from: presidenthog on March 13, 2015, 03:26:52 pm
First off I hate this iPhone and I hate iTunes and miss my android dearly lol. It's blasphemous that I'm using this hunk of junk!
I'm sad, now...Bout to sob crocodile tears on my Macbook pro because of you, Pres!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SECisKing on March 11, 2015, 09:49:38 am
Yeah, we should. I told the powers that be that, too. I'm sure it's going to be there soon. It's actually on itunes now, though. So we are in there like swimwear!!

Thanks, bro.
Never heard that one. I'm glad I wasn't taking a sip when I read it...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SECisKing

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 16, 2015, 12:09:27 pm
Never heard that one. I'm glad I wasn't taking a sip when I read it...

HAHA really? My boys and I have been saying at least since the 90's...

Darren DeLoach

Good show guys. I am in media, and I do hear the "flaws" technically. A dive can have an amazing steak, and suddenly the atmosphere isn't as important. I expect over time the atmosphere will improve just keep the steak prime.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

SECisKing

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on March 18, 2015, 08:48:05 pm
Good show guys. I am in media, and I do hear the "flaws" technically. A dive can have an amazing steak, and suddenly the atmosphere isn't as important. I expect over time the atmosphere will improve just keep the steak prime.

Thank You, Darren. I appreciate the compliment. I believe some of those audio issues have been circumvented in the episodes we have waiting for distribution. At least I hope so...

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: SECisKing on March 19, 2015, 09:56:34 am
Thank You, Darren. I appreciate the compliment. I believe some of those audio issues have been circumvented in the episodes we have waiting for distribution. At least I hope so...

Please don't take that as a slight. It's the single most informative program that I have heard that discusses Razorback football. The other issues are minor, and by virtue of the excellence heard in the breakdown of every facet of our beloved Hogs, I am quite confident the technical side will soon catch pace.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

SECisKing

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on March 19, 2015, 10:09:33 am
Please don't take that as a slight. It's the single most informative program that I have heard that discusses Razorback football. The other issues are minor, and by virtue of the excellence heard in the breakdown of every facet of our beloved Hogs, I am quite confident the technical side will soon catch pace.

Wow, I wish I could transport that comment to the iTunes rate and comment section! haha. Yeah, I believe you're right. And when the subscriptions and viewership start to catch on, all of the technical stuff will definitely be on par as the compensation will force it to.

But we have some good stuff on deck that I hope you check out. Thanks again, Darren.

SECisKing

Hey Hogs, we have a two-part series on "Running Back U" where we discuss all the backs in-depth on part 1, and it culminates with an in-depth interview with former Hog RB great, Michael Smith -- on part 2.

Part 1 is up now, and I think you guys will like it. Part 2 later on in the week, though. #WPS

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ball-hawg-podcast-ep-004-running/id975078933?i=338199399&mt=2

LMK bros...

presidenthog

Quote from: SECisKing on March 22, 2015, 07:50:31 pm
Hey Hogs, we have a two-part series on "Running Back U" where we discuss all the backs in-depth on part 1, and it culminates with an in-depth interview with former Hog RB great, Michael Smith -- on part 2.

Part 1 is up now, and I think you guys will like it. Part 2 later on in the week, though. #WPS

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ball-hawg-podcast-ep-004-running/id975078933?i=338199399&mt=2

LMK bros...
Troy smith is the name of the ohio st. Qb that robbed dmac of his heisman. Jwill is definitely the better back. He should always get the ball is short yardage because he isn't afraid to just hit the hole or make one. Also coach BB has stated they think they have just scratched the surface of AC's potential

SECisKing

Quote from: presidenthog on March 23, 2015, 02:13:14 am
Troy smith is the name of the ohio st. Qb that robbed dmac of his heisman. Jwill is definitely the better back. He should always get the ball is short yardage because he isn't afraid to just hit the hole or make one. Also coach BB has stated they think they have just scratched the surface of AC's potential

My man the Pres, showing his listening prowess!! Man I can't believe I forgot about Troy Smith, although he was a very good college player -- and holds the distinction of punking out Mike Singletary when both were with the 49ers

But yeah D-Mac should've had one of those trophies, bro.

And yep, I completely agree with the J-Will comment. In fact, if he weren't in a timeshare, I believe he could get, 1600-1,800 yards as he would punish defenses and wear them down.

I like Collins, but I love some J-Will!

But we'll see how it shakes out soon enough, Pres. Thanks for listening. We gotta get you to rate and comment on iTunes, too!!!