Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Homers

Started by litmachog, March 18, 2018, 08:25:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

How many homers was that for the weekend and have we ever hit that many homers in a weekend series before?

That was totally awesome to see. 

JHicks3636

13 in the three games

litmachog

I love that Kentucky led the league in homers before the start of the series.  NOT NOW!!

TebowHater

Stats aren't yet posted through the weekend, but with our 13 home runs we likely moved into 2nd place in the nation with 39.

Numbers before the weekend started:
Rank...Team....Games played...HRs
1   Tennessee Tech   16   40
2   NC State   18   33
3   CSUN   16   32
4   Kentucky   17   30
5   FIU   18   27
6   Arkansas   17   26
-   Coastal Caro.   19   26
-   South Carolina   17   26
-   Florida   19   26
-   Mercer   18   26
-   Clemson   17   26

fishes2000

Didn't every starter except McFarland hit a homer on Saturday?

TebowHater

Quote from: fishes2000 on March 18, 2018, 08:34:30 am
Didn't every starter except McFarland hit a homer on Saturday?

Fletcher

And did Koch? I know he did Friday but don't think he did Saturday

fishes2000

March 18, 2018, 09:16:49 am #6 Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 09:45:07 am by fishes2000
That's right. 7 out of 9 homered on Saturday. There was so many over the two days hard to keep up with. Got to add Plunkett homer in first game of the day.

tennesseehogwild

One of the greatest hitting series by a team I can remember seeing. Just hope we, as fans, realize that it won't be like this every weekend!  Great start for our SEC schedule though.

litmachog

8 players hit homers this weekend.  5 hit 2 this weekend.  Add to that,  Martin who hit only 1, hit two in the Texas series so he hit 3 this weekend.

TebowHater

We are now #2 in the country at 39 home runs. Tennessee Tech is 1 ahead of us at 40.

Uberanubis

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on March 18, 2018, 11:37:29 am
One of the greatest hitting series by a team I can remember seeing. Just hope we, as fans, realize that it won't be like this every weekend!  Great start for our SEC schedule though.

as on opposing pitcher it has to be a bit unnerving to facing a line up this deep. that has to give our hitters a bit more of an advantage.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Pudgepork

Hogs haven't hit enough triples. Somebody pencil in requests for MORE TRIPLES.   Especially when the bases are loaded.    I've been screaming for them but these young whippersnappers aren't listening

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 19, 2018, 05:14:23 pm
as on opposing pitcher it has to be a bit unnerving to facing a line up this deep. that has to give our hitters a bit more of an advantage.

There was a point in game 2 of the DH where you could easily see that Kentucky's pitchers were doing everything they could to keep from having to throw over the plate. Any time one of them did - well, you know what happened. Every time a Hog got a hit, especially a homer, you could see the pitcher make a motion to the dugout with his shoulders and arms like "What can I do?". Lewis, in game 1 of the DH, was cussing into his glove a number of times after long hits or homers. That's when you know you're in their heads. They stopped pitching and began throwing to avoid being hit.

I hope we can do that same thing to Florida this weekend.

litmachog

Well Kentucky took back the conference lead with 7 homers last night.

litmachog

Maybe we need to play Kentucky again.